Omega Pride Ch. 05

Story Info
Not so sweet escape is it?
8.9k words
4.76
75k
76

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/28/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The 5th installment of Omega Pride
Sorry to keep you all waiting
Feedback & Comments are more than welcomed
Without further delay
Enjoy

~*~*~*~

Delphi free fell out the window, hitting the snow and rolled once on the ground. The shock felt like she merely jumped a foot in the air; she had seen humans die from heights that high, and she was thankful she wasn't one at that moment.

She looked around quickly for other wolves before she got up and ran toward the exit of the compound. She faintly heard crunching through the snow and slid to the side of a flat, keeping her breathing steady and quiet.

Please don't smell her out. Please don't smell her out...

She looked to the side and saw 5 other Omegas carrying items needed for their every day chores. As they passed her without so much as glance, she wasted little time as she slowly continued low against the flat, waving between flats until she got to the exit.

The sky looked like it was just becoming dawn, the morning star quite visible and radiant in the light, misty blue and pale orange sky. How long did she sleep?

She shook her head of the thought and continued to run; though she avoided detection from the other Omegas she saw, if she were caught by any other member of the hierarchy, she'd never escape from here.

She tried.

She tried her best not to think about Wyatt—no—the Alpha of the Delaney. He'd sense her and her intentions if she did. She ran barefoot through the freezing morning snow until she got to the gates, panting deeply through her nose. Delphi stared up at the massive steel barriers and gulped as she looked about it. She had never jumped a fence this tall before.

"There might....be another way around," Delphi whispered between her pants, "Maybe...a hole...?"

She then shook her head. The Delaney pack isn't stupid. She was sure there were next to no flaws in their security system, and even if there were, she had no time to try and find out.

She would have to try...no. She had no other choice but to jump it. She took a few large steps back—and a few deep breaths—and ran as fast as she could toward the fence. Delphi fought against the friction of the cold morning air as she leapt; she held back a grunt as she winced in pain when the blade of the fence nicked her leg, the left pants' leg tearing slightly and let blood trickle through it, but she landed on the other side and ran.

She dare not take the open road so she cut through the frosted thicket, protecting her face from rogue branches that seemed to try and stop her endeavor as well, begging her to return to the Delaney den. She looked up as best as she could through the frozen brush to see which way the sun was raising. That would help her decide which way to go.

Delphi was going to go South.

Her wolf in her head yelped and whined in between her barks at her as she ran.

Stop! Go back to our mate! We don't have to run!

"Shut up!" Delphi commanded her wolf, "Don't call him that!"

She had never yelled at her wolf, her other self, her friend, before and it hurt her heart to do so, but her wolf's sorrowful yelps continued still, ignoring her entirely.

Go back to our mate! We don't have to suffer anymore! We need to be with him!

"We don't!" Delphi told her back, "We survived for years without protection! Once we go west everything will be fine!"

Tears started to trail down Delphi's face once more as she continued to fight the wild limbs from the tree, "Why did I stop in Jackson?! I should have never gotten off at that stop—"

~/~/~/~

Wyatt growled grumpily as he made his way down the stairs. He really didn't want to have to deal with Adeline or his Alpha duty right now.

He should be laying contently next to his sleeping mate with his arms around her as he sniffed in her scent with each breath, waiting until just the right time to wake her up in ways that he saw fit. The thought made his wolf growl lustfully in his head, and his own mouth twitched as if to smirk.

However, it quickly faded as remembered why he wasn't doing just that. Adeline claimed it couldn't wait.

"What a crock of shit," Wyatt grumbled in his throat as he made his toward his study which was just down and across the hall from hers.

As he opened his door, he watched Keric get up and lower his head at him while Adeline quickly jumped to her feet in respect.

Wyatt inwardly snorted before he coolly spoke out loud, "This had better be quick. You know better than to disturb me right now."

"I'm sorry my Alpha," Adeline told him apologetically, "I just didn't think it could wait until later."

"Apparently," He thought as he walked over to his chair and leaned back in it, speaking out loud now, "Well?"

Adeline readjusted how she stood before talking. "It's about Delphi...my Alpha," She spoke calmly, yet humbly as best she could.

This did nothing for her however, as his gaze became cold and hard as did his voice as he sat up in his chair, "What about my mate, Adeline?"

"...It's...about her past, my Alpha," She told him, her eyes not once on his.

Wyatt's wolf perked in curiosity, but his wolf's lips twitched in aggravation at Adeline just as much as Wyatt's were, "I don't want to hear it from you. She will tell me herself."

"But Alpha, I really think—"

The words slipped out of her mouth and made Wyatt growl as she talked back to him.

"She will tell me herself," He growled as he stood.

Adeline quickly looked down in submission. Wyatt rounded the corner in an irritated manner, "Now if that was all you wanted."

"We're trying to avoid another war, Wyatt," Keric spoke up as he began to pass by him.

This stopped Wyatt in his tracks.

"It could end up as a turf war," Keric added calmly.

Wyatt was silent before he turned and looked at them, "And why couldn't you both wait until Delphi woke up if it concerns her past? She has every right to know as well."

"Because she's an Omega—"

Wyatt' sharp gaze silenced Adeline once more.

"Because she might become afraid Alpha," Keric corrected for his sister; she was losing points much too quickly this morning.

"Why?" Wyatt's gaze turned to him, inquiring; his wolf perked at the chance that his mate might become afraid.

Keric's voice was calm, yet slightly hesitant, "...Because of how you could respond it."

Wyatt's eyes widen, but he now understood, and he too felt like the moment he would be told her past, he and his wolf would go into a rage. Wyatt took in a breath and huffed as he thought about this, looking between the two of them.

"Regardless," Wyatt spoke finally, his expression softened as his wolf whined within him, "I don't like that I would have to talk about my mate behind her back... And Delphi needs to learn if she is to make a good Madam Alpha."

His gaze then hardened once again he sharply looked at Adeline, "Which brings me to this. I want you to step down from your post as Madam Alpha, Adeline. Understood?"

Adeline's eyes widen and her jaw clenched, matching her fists as Wyatt once again turned to leave.

"No," Adeline said defiantly.

Wyatt yet again stopped in his tracks and slowly glanced over his shoulder, his feral eyes reaching menacingly at Adeline's face, "What did you say to me?"

"I said no. I refuse to give up my spot as Madame Alpha," Adeline said, confidence behind her words.

Keric looked at his sister and his Alpha. In his eyes—and his scent—was fear. Fear on the fact that his sister said the forbidden word to their Alpha. Fear that she even had the nerve to repeat it!

Wyatt growled menacingly at her and turned, "You will step down as Madam Alpha, Adeline."

"I won't," Adeline dare to say once more, "I refuse to relinquish my position as Madam to a weaker wolf."

"You dare defy me," Wyatt stared in her eyes, but this time Adeline stood her ground with her gaze.

"You cannot force me out of this, Wyatt," Adeline told him, "Only a female can, and I refuse to give it up to an Omega."

Wyatt growled once again and started toward her, but she continued, "Delphi's too weak, even weaker than the Omegas born in this pack. She cannot hope to lead or protect anyone, when she cannot even protect herself."

Wyatt stopped once in front of her, her eyes and body didn't move.

"Unless she challenges me, I refuse give up my post," Adeline told him, their gazes battling—clashing—against each other like two dissimilar winds creating a storm.

No words needed to be said in the silent interval of acrimony, then tension speaking for itself.

Wyatt growled deeply; Adeline only blinked once.

"Damn it. She's right," He thought painfully, not one to give in to others, "Delphi would have to challenge her, and she would have to do it on her own. I can't force her."

He then focused in on Adeline once more, their gaze never truly being broken.

"She will challenge you," He spoke, hating the sound of relent in his words, "You're days are numbered."

With that, Adeline finally averted her gaze and looked down, "Understood my Alpha."

Wyatt growled and turned to leave. He hated that about Adeline, how so insistent and persistent she was, but he couldn't deny that she was a good and strong Madam Alpha thus far. He was going to have to have Delphi trained soon.

"But it can wait until a distant date," The corners of his mouth twitched as if to smirk once again as he started upstairs. The thought of his mate calmed him down.

He stopped suddenly; feeling was something off through their newly acquainted bond. He felt the feeling of randomly aching joints and the feeling of a wet, stinging pain attacked his entire front side of his body.

Was she...in pain?!

Impossible!

She was asleep when he left her! He ran upstairs to his room, slamming open the doors. He looked at the bed her had left her in, his eyes narrowed in confusion, his mouth slightly open.

Gone?

Wyatt scented the air slowly, but there was franticness in his sniffs. She hadn't gone to the rest room. He sharply looked at the closet before taking in another breath, his gaze turning harshly to the balcony as he quickly made his way over to it.

Looking over, he looked both ways several times before using his keen sight to see, his heart beating heavily in his chest. They were faint—fortunately not covered by the Omegas that walked through—but he made out barefoot prints in snow that led away from the compound, taking back roads and going in between homes to get there.

His heavily beating heart took a dive and sunk, and he and his wolf were stunned in the least.

Everything was blank.

Did she really...leave them...again? And she was in pain? His mind and feelings returned to him when the word pain entered his mind.

Pain and hurt tore through his heart, making constant slices at it, "We mated. Why would she leave?"

He closed his eyes and thought back on what she had told him last night. That's right. She had said she was afraid, and she had tried to think of a hundred and ten reasons not to be together. He opened his eyes, and his hurt turned to raw anger.

She has no right to leave now! Not now, not ever! He turned went toward his closet and grabbed some clothes.

"Emmanuel! Get up and prepare my car now!" He projected to his beta.

Marco and Conroy were in intensive care since he nearly killed them yesterday, he didn't trust Keric entirely, so he will have to do. He turned on his heel and headed out the door to the garage.

"Delphi," He projected through their bond, "Where are you?!"

~*~*~*~

She should have seen it.

She should have seen it coming as she tripped over a tree root that hid under the snow. Delphi fell face first down the side of the steep hill, her footing gone as she rolled, barely missing trees, getting nicked and hit by small and unseen rocks as she tumbled. She couldn't see anything, dizziness and pain taking its toll on her before a feeling numbing pain ran through her body as she smacked into wet asphalt face down, her cheek and body seemed to try and weld into the ground, but at its failure sent ripples of pain internally.

She faintly heard the sound of honking, screeching, and even screams get closer to her.

She couldn't react, her body stung in pain and her mind stunned. Her eyes were black around the edges, threatening to consume the rest of her sight as well within the blurriness.

"Oh my goodness!" A woman's voice, echoed faintly through her head, "Kenneth! Come here!"

The sound of a door opening, slamming, and footsteps ran running over vaguely went through her mind.

"Oh geez, Barbara, is she alright?" A man, Kenneth, asked, worry and panic in his voice, "She just fell from nowhere! I barely even saw her!"

"Not now, Kenny!" Barbara told him, "Can you pick her up? We're going to a hospital."

More footsteps.

Another car door opened.

"Mommy is she alright?" A child's voice asked, worry full in his voice.

"Hopefully, Chris. Scoot over honey," Barbara said before Delphi felt herself get hoisted up gently, carried, and put softly into the car.

Her body still not responding against her will, she barely was able to do anything as the man buckled her in, slammed the door, and drove off. Her body, slowly, but surely, tried to worm its way into blacking out.

However, she refused.

She had no idea which way the nearest hospital was, but she sure wasn't going to allow them to take her there.

Delphi heard the sounds of the couples franticly trying to rush to the hospital, the minivan accelerating on the road, each small turn and slight swivel moved her in her seat, and if she wasn't numb now, she would have shown fear at this.

She felt the feeling of her skin being touched lightly by gentle hands.

Small hands.

It must be the child's.

Weakly, Delphi sniffed the air. Their scent blew into her nose, and made her want to sneeze. That sweet, yet bitter smell of fear, the sour smell of alarm, and the warm smell of concern hung heavy in the air; they were drenched in it. As she took a small and subliminal sniff once more, she scented that they were human. That's a relief.

...But at the same time...

She felt something push its way inside her head, a voice.

Wyatt's—the Alpha's voice.

He was pissed.

"Delphi, where are you?!" He inquired.

To this she didn't respond. In fact, she kept her eyes shut, not looking out a window or anything to hint where she was.

"...Wait a moment," Delphi a thought of realization crept in mind, "This is all too strange for me. I'm an Omega, and the Alpha is asking me something...and yet I refuse to respond? I should respond, but...I don't want to... Want? My wolf...keeps claiming him as...our mate, yet I dare challenge him back despite our separate positions?! This is unlike me! This is all wrong! I don't understand! The moon Goddess never has gotten anything wrong before, so why now?! Why me?!"

Delphi jerked slightly as she heard Wyatt growl in her mind; he had heard every word she thought.

"This isn't wrong, Delphi. It's fate, and the deities are never wrong. You are my mate. Listen to your wolf, and tell me where you are," Wyatt's voice was calm, yet there was an obvious tone of anger and a not so obvious tone of hurt underlining it as well.

Delphi froze, but inwardly she shook her head, blocking him out as she held fast to her previous ideas. It would be a matter of time of him finding her now, and she didn't know how the Delaney pack Alpha would treat humans with her scent on them. She needed to get out of here. And fast.

Slowly, Delphi's eyes started to open as she quickly formulated a plan in her head.

"Mommy! Mommy, she's awake!" Chris's voice bellowed unnecessarily next to her, making her wince and her ears redden.

As she opened her eyes, she looked about the vehicle quickly as if in shock and fear of her new surroundings.

"Wh-where am I?" She laid her soft Quebecer accent on hard.

"Shh, it's okay honey," Barbara tried to sooth her calmly.

Quickly, Delphi started to shake, remembering that in winter weather, humans would be cold in a single long sleeves shirt, pants, and no socks or shoes on.

"Oh dear," Barbara turned and turned the heater up a bit before looking back at Delphi, "You're safe dear. We saw you fall on the side of the road. Are you alright?"

"Y-y-yeah," Delphi stated, appearing as if she was cold and slightly shaken up. She then allowed herself to relax a bit, "T-t-thank y-you."

Barbara smiled warmly, and she could see Chris smiling from the corner of her eye as well.

"If you don't mind us asking, what were you doing dressed like that in the mountains?" Kenneth asked as he drove, his mad driving from before seemed to have dulled down a bit at her opening her eyes, much to her relief.

"Kenny," Barbara looked at him.

"N-no," Delphi quickly said, "It's alright."

She let out a small sigh as she sat up, thinking up her story quick, "My boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend now, thought it be a good idea to go on this camping trip all the way out here in Wyoming with a few of his...friends."

She pretended to catch herself from cursing in front of Chris, "See we live in California and—"

"Really?" Barbara interrupted, "All the way from California? Where are you from? You don't sound like you're from there."

"Born and raised in Northeast Canada," Delphi gave her a small and meek grin, "....And I live in Longbeach."

Barbara's eyes widen and a huge grin spread to both of her cheeks, "Really?! What's it like there—"

"Babs, not now!" It was Kenneth's turn to stop her before he looked up at Delphi in the rear view mirror, "I'm sorry about that. Please. Go on."

"Thanks. Um...Oh, anyhow, we live in California and we had timed our breaks so we can go on this trip. Sadly, we had a really, really bad fight before we left, and I thought it would brush over when we got here. Wrong! I remember falling asleep last night and when I woke up, the truck, the other two tents, and half of the junk we had brought with us were gone along with them! No note or anything!"

"Oh I'm so sorry," Barbara patted her knee.

"That was very stupid of your boyfriend," Kenneth sounded upset, "People die in the woods."

At that Delphi feigned a fearful gasp, earning Kenneth a slap on the arm from Barbara.

Inwardly, Delphi felt bad for getting him hit, but she needed to make this as believable as possible.

"A-Anyways...now that I think back on it, it was probably his bad idea of a joke—worse one yet in fact—and he probably was going come back for me after an hour or so, but I don't know...woodlands like he does! I probably should have stayed in his tent until his return, but idiot me had to go out and try to find my way back to town. I ended up getting lost and tripped over a root or something. I blacked out then."

"Well it's a good thing we saw you dear," Barbara told her sweetly, "We're heading toward the nearest hospital back in Jackson, and—"

"Oh no," Delphi said a little too quickly, faster than she should have, and that earned her both surprised and slightly suspicious glances.

It didn't help that it was paired with silence either.

"I'm sorry," She said, thinking quickly, "I just don't want to stay in Wyoming any longer than I have. Plus, I really want to see some familiar faces in Cali."

The tension in the air slowly started recede, allowing Delphi to breathe again as she let out an internal sigh.

"...W-well," Barbara spoke out a little puzzled, "M-maybe you can accompany us? We're going to see my aunt-in-law in Kansas. Maybe we can drop you off in Cheyenne?"

"No thank you," Delphi shook her head, sensing that Barbara was giving off an excuse that doesn't make any sense. Plus, she needed to head southwest, not back east.