Omega Pride Ch. 06

Story Info
No healing is ever easy.
12.6k words
4.75
79.3k
97

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/28/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The 6th installment of Omega Pride

I've read all your comments and the help you've all given me. Honestly, reading them all hit my heart and made me tear up, and I decided to continue on the series. Not just for me, but for you awesome people out there.

Thank you all so very much for your support and even reading this story
I love all your comments and feedback, and the more I get the more I want to please you guys
French returns in this chapter, and what they mean will be explained after and context should help
Without further hesitation
Enjoy

~*~*~*~

Chills ran down Delphi's body, pulling goose bumps from her as she breathed in the night air.

"...Attente," The French word escaped her warm lips before she opened her eyes.

Where...where was she? The last thing she remembered...was that she ran away...and got hurt...saved by...humans...and hunted down by—

The thought made her look around quickly in fright, the snow shifting abruptly under feet. How had she gotten here?! She was in the middle of nowhere before, not the forest! What happened to the melting snow?! The day?! What happened to...him? Had he actually killed her?

.....Wait.

Delphi closed her eyes once more. He...he didn't. Wyatt. Wyatt, he...he saved her from that man...

Delphi shot open her eyes, "Wyatt! Wyatt, où es-tu?!"

She covered her mouth as she let out a gasp, the sound slipping between her fingers as she heard it faintly echo into the night. She...she wouldn't. No. She couldn't speak English! As much as she tried, it was like she didn't know how! But what was really worrying her....

Delphi looked at her hands. Her small hands. Her..child hands? She looked down at her body. A short sleeve dress...and green footless leggings? She was wearing what she wore—

The scent of a roaring blaze shot a path through her thoughts.

"...Non," She shook her head as ran toward the smell, "...Non! Pas encore! S'il vous plaît pas encore!"

She ran as fast her legs could carry her through the snow, trees and shrubs. She skidded to a stop, her lips trembling and nose flared.

It was her pack's den.

It couldn't possibly be!

Yet there it stood, aflame as a giant, reckless, burning lantern in front of her.

"Non......NON!!" Delphi screamed as she broke open the fire rimmed door, ignoring all natural signs of instinct to do so.

She sneezed repeatedly and coughed heavily, the smell of suffocating smoke and burning carcasses rushing to her nose in a fierce hurry. She jumped in pure fright when she looked to the side of her.

She wished she hadn't

It was Megane, a fellow Omega.

The young female was more like an elder sister to Delphi: teaching her, caring for her, and disciplining when necessary. She had loved every ounce of Delphi as Delphi did her. Megane lay face down against the once neatly carve, now burning wooden counter, her dead eyes staring straight in Delphi's at her height, warning her, if not, begging her to turn the other way and to get far away as fast as possible. There was a bullet hole in the middle of her blacked and quickly decaying head, the blood trailing down the side of her face. Delphi turned away as the flame reached her dear friend, her dear sister's deformed face, consuming her too in the inferno.

Megane's dead face would forever haunt her mind. She wanted to retch, she wanted to cry, but at the sound of cracking wood, she unconsciously ran forward, nearly getting impaled by the wood that fell upon Megane, consuming half of the already incinerated kitchen.

She ran as fast as she could out of the kitchen and let out a pained whine as she saw many bodies, mostly Antro forms, of her decimated pack.

"...N....Non... Degaré...?" She saw the Theta male in his Antro form, fallen against the wall beside the kitchen with several shots in his heart and chest, he too rotting away.

He had mated Megane. He must have tried to protect her before he died. She moved past him, avoiding the burning furniture and collapsing beams, stepping over the dead bodies that lay on the once green now blood stained to black carpet,

"Elliot...

Sylvianne...

Fulbert...

Monsieur Loup...

Monsieur Sacha...

Aline...

Claire...

Mlle Idette..."

Each name of the ones she spoke made her and her wolf howl mournfully inside, and surface with tears. This is impossible. She shouldn't see this. They shouldn't be dead. Yet...yet they were. And she was here....This wasn't possible...

She finally started to cry aloud as she neared the stairs, a single, almost silent wail exited her throat as she fell to her knees at the lifeless state of two wolves in their Anthro form, "...Alpha.....Alpha Raoul...Madame Alpha Florence...Pourquoi...pourquoi cela arrive...?"

She rose a sadden hand to her Alphas' faces, gently closing their eyes, their fur drenched in blood as she slid her hand down. She rocked back and forth on her knees as she wept over their bodies, words unnecessary. She sharply turned her head to the second floor, her cries stopped, as she heard a sound that sounded nothing like fire destroying wood.

Without a second longer, she ran up the stairs as fast as her body could carry her, but the stairs broke from under her feet from her added weight, the weakening case unable to even support this form's small frame. However, thinking fast, she grabbed onto the railing, holding on tight.

It was hot—far too hot—but she let out a grunt as she pulled herself up. She looked at her hands. She knew the blood was rushing toward what was definitely going to be burns despite the fact that the flame's color made it extremely hard to differentiate, even for her sharp sight. Heck, it barely mattered since her nose hardly worked anymore either.

Delphi looked down at the broken staircase. She wouldn't be able to go back down, but she figured it was far too late to leave now as she then pulled herself to her feet despite the growing sting in her hands and ran toward the room where the sound was coming from. It was...no....it was coming from her and her parents' room! NO!! She burst open through the door before she heard the sound of a gunshot and a loud and defining yelp.

"PAPA!!!!" She screamed in horror as she watched her father look at her right as the light disappeared from his eyes before his wolf body hit the floor harshly with a thud.

"D...Delphinia...!" She heard a voice weakly make its way into her head.

She shot her eyes toward the whisper's origin and let out a fearful gasp. Her mother looked weakly at her, her white, dark grey, and blonde coat shone brightly against the fire's glow, blood dripping from her mouth in her state. Her mother's front legs were broken; it was clear enough for her to see from there.

"N...non, Delphi...nia...!" Her mother stopped her from stepping forward, a weak whine in her body, "Fuir...! Fuir...d'ici...chéri...!"

"Maman!" Delphi shook her head and cried, but at the moment, she no longer felt her mother in her mind, as a gunshot echoed through the room, making Delphi jerk as watched her mother fall to the floor, even Delphi's screams couldn't reach the surface of her petrified body, the devastation all too consuming.

She heard the sound of boots approach her and she felt cold despite the extreme heat of the surrounding flames. Slowly, she willed herself to look up, seeing a gun barrel first, then a warm...yet poisonous grin that held a lit cigarette.

"...Impossible," Delphi barely whispered took a step back, her body shook violently in the fear that held captive her voice, "....Impossible. Tu es mort...Vous êtes mort! Wyatt vous avez tué!"

The man smiled at her as he blew the cigarette smoke on her face, "...Now...how can you possibly be so sure that I'm dead, little Miss Méraudin? Afterall, I'm right here."

"N...non! NON! Rien de tout cela est réel! Il n'est pas vrai!" Delphi screamed as she backed away from his ever advancing steps, glancing painfully quickly to the sides of her for escape. This was impossible!

"Oh, but Little Miss Méraudin, it is. It is real, and I am here to grant you eternal rest from this cold, harsh world you are so cruelly forced to live in," The man smiled at her, the flames and her fear shone brightly in his eyes.

"N...N....NON!!!" Delphi cried as she tried to run in vain, but felt herself get shot in her thigh and shoulder, causing her to crash hard into the railing as she let out ear-splitting cry in pain, the wood cracking and made her lips bleed from a combination of impact and how dry the fear and fire made them.

Delphi did her best and tried feebly to turn herself over, her wails accompanied each attempt. When she finally succeeded however, she was met with the barrel once again.

The man inhaled the cigarette once more and breathed on her, "...Good night, Little Miss Méraudin. Sweet dreams."

He unloaded his last shell into Delphi's skull, her face eternally froze in the tears and terrors she saw as the ground gave from under her body and she too was claimed by Hell's flame.

~*~*~

Delphi let out an ear piercing scream as she woke up with a jolt. She wish she hadn't as her shoulder and thigh burned intently from the bullets and her broken wrist spasmed in the pain.

But she couldn't react else wise as she screamed, "Il a tué ma meute! Je ne veux pas mourir! Ne me tuez pas! Aidez-moi! Aide-moi! AIDE-MOI!!"

"Delphi! Calm down! You're going to keep hurting yourself!" A voice above her spoke, but she couldn't relax.

"Mère! Mère! Il a tué ma mère! Et il va faire la même chose pour moi!" Tears ran uncontrollably down her face, "Je vais mourir! Je vais mourir! Ma meute! Il va me tuer aussi!"

"Delphi!" She felt her cheek get grabbed with a firm, strong, yet gentle hand , making her look up into feral, yet at the same time, calming eyes.

"Delphi," Wyatt told her calmly as he held her close, "It's alright now. You're alright...He won't come after you."

Delphi's eyes seemed to search his frantically, her lips trembling with fear, "...Mais mon meute ... il a tué ma famille aussi ... Comme il sera avec moi—"

"He will not." Wyatt replied firmly, yet softly," He will not be coming after you, beloved."

Delphi stopped searching his eyes as tears fell from hers. She turned her head into his chest and wept, "...Ça fait mal... Il fait tellement mal, Wyatt..."

"I know, beloved. I know," He whispered to her.

~/~/~

Inside, Wyatt was a tense, infuriated wreck. His mate was in pain physically, mentally, and emotionally. He had never seen such fear on anyone's face before: never in the Delaney pack, and never that severe on the face of even his enemies. To see it on her...

Wyatt and his wolf let out a bitter growl, yet at the same time a troubled whine. She had been asleep for the last couple of hours, and even though he was right here, he couldn't pull her out of the nightmare she was having. It was strange, as if something was keeping him out of it. Her perhaps? He didn't know.

As Delphi once again settled in his now clothed arms—he redressed with spare clothes in the car—Wyatt thought about the man that was to blame. He couldn't understand a word she was saying—he hasn't had a true chance to practice his French in 187 years—but her thoughts hit him loud and clear.

"That bastard killed her pack. But how? What the hell was he? A vam—" The near thought made him want to smack himself. There was no such thing as a vampire. As much as humans fancy the idea of a cold grotesque corpse that goes around seducing lovers and draining them dry for substance, there was no such thing as a living dead; if it's dead, it isn't coming back. That guy wasn't a human or a wolf...He smelt of a creature he hasn't sniffed out in a long time—

"Could he be a...?" Wyatt thought before closing his eyes and shook his head, "....No. That was impossible. There was no way—"

Wyatt's attention shifted back to Delphi as she let out a scream again. His eyes went wide as he saw literal smoke coming from the bullet holes in her body. As quickly yet lightly as he could, he ripped open the hole near the shot on her shoulder. Blood was quickly rising to the top of the wound and the skin around it was turning red and then black in severe discoloration. Delphi's left arm began to twinge painfully, and as Wyatt felt her leg do the same, he knew it had the same thing happening to it.

"Emmanuel!" He looked at his beta in the front seat.

"We're almost there, Alpha," Emmanuel nodded and sped up even faster.

They drove past the Ranger Station without stop and pulled into the compound's open gates. As the car came to a screeching halt, Emmanuel didn't even get a chance to unbuckle himself before Wyatt was out of the SUV with Delphi and heading toward a building almost as wide as the manor itself.

Wyatt let out a low warning growl to all of the wolves as they tried to near them, stopping them in their place. They felt curious to see what was going on or what was happening, the slowly growing scent in the air was more than enough proof of that.

Hell, he didn't exactly understand why this was happening himself! Each step he made, no matter if it was slow or quick, Delphi yelled in agony of the pain, causing his ears to go red from the volume. He knew she couldn't help it; He could feel the bullets burning through her flesh, their mental link wide open for him to feel all her pain, fear, and panic.

He was going to need to get better control of this later—they both were—but they had no time to do that now, and if he knew exactly where and what was hurting her, he could maneuver as best he could.

Damn it!

He had seen Silver Bullet shots before. He's been shot with Silver Bullets before! But it was never like this!

"Denver! Florideen," He called out mentally as he neared the building, "Get a bed ready!"

"Right away, my Alpha," The female, Florideen's voice responded first in his head.

"What is wrong, my Alpha?" The male, Denver, asked him.

"Silver Bullets. I don't know why it's reacting so badly," Wyatt hated feeling helpless, he hated being ignorant, but he no other choice right now.

The doors opened for him as he ran up the four marble steps and onto the tan colored tiled floors.

"Alpha," A female with platinum blonde hair in a bob hair cut approached them, speeding up her steps to reach them.

"Is this her?" She asked when she looked at Delphi.

Wyatt got out a nod and she returned it in understanding.

"This way," She ran down the hallway and into a washed out cream colored room.

A male with messy short black hair and frameless glasses turned and looked at him, setting down the tray of medical tweezers.

Wyatt felt unnerved at the metallic tools as he set Delphi down on the bed.

She let out another cry in pain and it returned his focus to her.

"Shh, shh," He tried to sooth her, "It will be okay, beloved. We'll get these out of you soon."

Delphi looked up at him through pained, teary eyes as the man with the glasses went to go get scissors.

"...This is...your mate Alpha—" The female was met with a fierce growl and she bent her gaze the floor submissively.

"Not now, Florideen," Wyatt barked before turning his gaze back to Delphi.

"Mate," The male made Florideen look up as he handed her a pair of scissors, "Start on her pants."

She nodded and did what she was told.

Wyatt's wolf reared and made him growled at the male, Denver, who was dangerously close to his distressed mate.

What the hell was this male doing?! His wolf growled in his head.

"He's helping her," Wyatt told his agitated wolf, but his wolf didn't want to hand him the reins.

Our mate will not be touched by another male. Especially right now! His wolf barked in his mind, making Wyatt's growl become a deeper, more threatening one.

Denver looked up at him both submissively and hesitantly, "...My Alpha, you want us to save her or not?"

Wyatt immediately stopped growling. His wolf got the point and let his logic through. They had to let them do this. This male had to invade her proximity to get the silver out; he was also already mated to Florideen. As much as he hated it, they had to.

"...Save her," Wyatt commanded them, getting himself back in check as he watched his mate silently cry in agony from just the fabric being removed from her delicate and damaged olive skin.

"My Deity of Life...!" Florideen covered her mouth as she removed the pants entirely. She looked up at her mate as he removed the jacket and shirt as well, leaving Delphi naked. They both looked at Wyatt in shock as his pulled down the length of this face in disbelief.

He knew that she had been hurt badly, but this badly?!

The wounds, cuts, and bruises on her body looked like she did more than just fall, and they were still bleeding! The smell of them reeked of silver, blood, and fresh, decaying flesh that he didn't recognize until now.

"Alpha," Denver tried to get his eyes off his injured Delphi, "Please. Remain calm. She will be in less pain if you remain calm."

Wyatt's feral yet heavily concerned eyes looked at Denver.

After a moment, a single, deep, breathy exhale from Wyatt made Denver nod and look back at Delphi.

"Alpha, what happened to her?" Florideen asked, trying to get her wits about her, "This is more than what just silver bullets can do."

"She," Wyatt cleared his throat, "She fell of a truck, but I didn't feel the injuries were this much."

"How long ago, my Alpha?" Denver asked, his keen eyes examining Delphi's battered condition.

"One, two hours at the most," Wyatt answered.

Florideen looked at Denver, "A truck fall shouldn't have caused this much damage, not for a wolf. She should have been healing by now."

Denver shook his head, "The silver, Mate. It's known to stop our bodies from healing, or even shifting for that matter, which would allow us to heal faster."

"I know, but the silver should have only stopped the healing process, not caused the wounds to get bigger," Florideen said, "The wounds' edges look like they've been enlarged."

Denver said nothing as he looked at the bullet holes in her shoulder and thigh while Florideen looked at her broken wrist.

"That will come later," Denver spoke to her, "We need to get these bullets out now. They are causing severe tissue necrosis."

"It never gets—" Florideen started.

"But it is," Denver told her, "I'm going to need you to hold her down."

"What?" Wyatt was already irritated that they were too busy talking about her injuries instead of doing something about them, and now they wanted to restrain her?!

"My Alpha, we need to do this, and I have to tell you now. To remove these bullets is going to hurt her, but not nearly as much as letting them sit and continue to do their job," Denver told him as he turned and got a set of large, yet thin tweezers.

"These aren't normal bullets, not even for silver bullets, my Alpha, and we aren't sure what can happen if we left them," Florideen, as gently as she could, pinned Delphi's arms to her side, causing her to let out another cry in pain.

She then looked at Denver, "Could we sedate her?"

Denver shook his head just as Wyatt let out a growl, "Too late to do that. We wouldn't be able to get the correct dosage in time: at this rate, she'll lose her arm, part of her chest, her leg, and lower right side of her torso, and I highly doubt our Alpha would like anything else that's sharp, pointed, and potentially harmful near his...mate."

Wyatt glare was burning down on them and worry upon his Delphi.

Denver knew better; Florideen still needed a lot of work.

With one last confirming look at Wyatt, Denver proceeded to stick the tweezers Delphi's shoulder, using his sharp wolf eyesight to grab the invading bullet.

The moment it touched the bullet hole, Delphi let out a piercing scream in pain as—despite her body—she started thrashing against Florideen's strong grip.