On Another World Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Seq-qah bathed and shaved me, then helped me dress in what I came to think of as my combat uniform. I stepped out of my oversize tent to see all of the soldiers under my command breaking camp and packing the wagons and the pack animals.

I had no sooner stepped out of my tent than six men started taking it down and packing away the furniture. I went over to the mess tent, which was still up but had had its sides removed. I sat down to some eggs and toast with coffee.

I was just finishing my breakfast, when a large group of what had to be the toughest men I had ever seen, either here or on Earth, approached me. Their leader walked with a pronounced limp. He was heavily scarred and was not one I would have wanted to tangle with.

He stopped before me and saluted. "I am Captain Kraygar." Then he gestured behind himself and continued. "And these...are the hundred you asked for. In my own opinion, they are the best warriors on Terrania"

The timing was a little awkward; nonetheless, I was happy to see them.

I gestured to Kraygar to sit down. He hesitated. I could only assume that he was not quite used to my casual, relaxed leadership style. "First Captain, I may be your commanding general, but I'm just a man...I'm not omnipotent. In the future, I will be giving you orders and I expect those orders to be obeyed. I will not ask you to do anything unreasonable or anything that I, myself would not do. But...do not make me into something I'm not."

"But M'lord, are you not The One?"

I sighed deeply. "I do not wish to hear about that again. Treat me as your superior officer, nothing more. I have been sent to complete a very important mission. I cannot do it on my own. I have experience in many areas. But, I am not perfect. I cannot do it all. This brings me to why you and the others were summoned."

"M'lord?" He asked, genuinely interested as he finally sat down.

"Long ago in a far away place, I was part of a very elite fighting force unlike anything you can imagine. I intend to recreate that here, starting with you."

The captain asked. "With only these hundred men M'lord?"

"Just to start. I with your assistance will train these hundred, and then they will start training others."

That was when the proverbial light bulb snapped on. He smiled broadly and asked. "How many total will you be wanting, M'lord?"

"Initially, about 1,000. Maybe more later." I saw confusion on his face and continued. "Not to worry...it'll make more sense when I explain everything in detail. I shall meet with you all this evening and the end of the day's march."

With that conversation done, Seq-qah and I walked to our kyliah, mounted up and made ready to begin out journey in earnest.

To be continued....