On The Fifth Day Of Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mostera1
Mostera1
221 Followers

Jordan pulled out another box and opened it. Mikes jaw fell to the floor. The box revealed a diamond solitaire, and a matching band. He watched as Jordan handed Lee another small box. Her face lit up with the power of love. Opening the box she pulled out a simple ring of gold. Gazing at the circle of endless love, she smiled. Mike stared in denial as Jordan took the first two rings; looking into Leeann's watery eyes he recited the final words of their wedding ceremony. As he finished, he gently placed the symbols of faith onto Lee's finger. Lee held her hand up. The diamond sparkled brightly, yet it paled in comparison to the glowing Lee.

Lee took Jordan's hand in hers. Staring deeply into his eyes, Lee recited her vows to him, rubbing his finger with the warmth of a woman in love. Smiling broadly she placed the band of gold on his finger, pulling it up to her lips, kissing it. Tenderly Jordan took Lee's face in his hands. Leaning down, they shared a deep passionate kiss. Mike's eyes were opened. Yet his mind refused to comprehend what he was witnessing.

"Thanks so much, my love, for taking the kids with you to Andrew's." Lee said. "It was nice to relax here with a cup of tea and my book. How much did it cost to get our rings cleaned?" She asked.

"Andrew's didn't charge us for the ring cleaning. Mr. Morris said since we bought the birthstone earrings from them, the cleaning is free," Jordan replied.

Mike just stared, not knowing what to say or do.

"Aaawh, how nice," Lee said. "Oh dear, I'm sorry, where are my manners? You haven't been properly introduced yet. Jordan, this is my ex-husband Mike. Mike, this is my husband Jordan, and these are our children, Kathryn, and Matthew."

Mike sat in stunned silence. It was all he could do just to acknowledge this man. It seemed like an eternity had passed since they first shook hands. He went through the motions again as Jordan said hello once more.

All Mike could hear was the holiday song, 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' in his head. It was a very long song, yet he only heard the one verse over and over:

"On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Five Golden Rings."

The song refused to stop. With a grim realization, Michael knew that his selfishness caused his soul mate to find a better spirit to love.

Leeann got up, pulling a stroller out from behind the coat rack. Jordan gently placed Kathryn in. Giving Mike a small peck on his cheek, Lee said goodbye, wishing him a Merry Christmas. She asked Jordan, where Santa Claus was. Jordan pointed to the north. Lee, with her family in tow walked out of Teavana back into the mall heading towards Santa's home.

Sadly, Mike watched until the glow of his beloved Leeann disappeared from his sight forever.

Mike lamented over his loss, knowing in his heart it could have — no, it should have been — him. Looking at the table he saw Lee's favorite book still sitting by her now empty, cold teacup. She forgot it. Picking it up, he considered running after her. Mike decided against it. He knew it was time to step back, and move ahead without Lee.

Sitting back down he pulled the bookmark out, and looking at it he quietly chuckled. It had the Twelve Days of Christmas embossed in gold on the red leather strip. Opening 'Mrs. Miracle' where Lee left off, Mike read in silence. After a few moments, he nodded his head and softly wept. In the story, Reba had just forgiven her sister for stealing her fiancé. He knew now how Lee could forgive him. Like Reba, she glowed with the Christmas Spirit.

Leeann had the golden rings — the five rings of charity, faithfulness, honor, love, and forgiveness were beating strong within her heart. He'd felt it, he'd witnessed it.

Taking her book in his hand his spirit no longer heavy, he walked out of the small café. Reading the book he headed towards his original destination. Suddenly an older lady yelled, "Watch out!"

Moving away from the sound, he bumped into a person sending packages flying to the ground.

Apologizing profusely, he helped gather them. Standing up, Michael found himself staring into the winsome eyes of a beautiful redhead. She smiled at him. He asked her if she was okay. When she replied, Mike saw the beginning of a glow. Her voice was a melody to his ears. He felt a strong connection to this angel standing before him.

"I am so sorry, Miss, for walking into you. My name is Michael."

"My name is Noelle and I'm not sorry!" She said winking at him.

"Noelle, would you care for some tea?" he boldly asked.

"Thank you Mike, I most certainly would," Noelle replied, taking his arm, while he held her packages. Mike, beaming, walked her towards Teavana. Mike looked up, and silently said, "I do believe in miracles."

Unbeknownst to Michael, Lee's book had fallen to the floor when he bumped into Noelle. Lying on the mall floor, the book was kicked to and fro by the crowd. Finally, it came to rest at the feet of an elderly lady. Reaching down she picked up the book, brushed it off and placed it in her bag.

A young man with a small girl by his side came up to her and exclaimed, "I am so glad I found you! I thought I lost you Mrs. Maracal!"

"I'm sorry for running off, dear. A pretty young woman wanted to meet her soul mate today, so I had to give a little yell of assistance," she said with a twinkle in her eye.

"Huh?" the young man said, rather confused.

Grabbing the little girl, Mrs. Maracal smiled and gave her a tickle saying, "This is going to be a very Merry Christmas indeed!"

****

Thank you for reading my story. It is a holiday entrant. Please vote!

Comments and feedback are always appreciated!

Mostera1
Mostera1
221 Followers
12