On the Job Assistant Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FinalStand
FinalStand
5,275 Followers

"I was planning to put five into Edward and put the sixth one past your head as we struggled. You would have still gotten to be heroic."

"You have a good head for strategic thinking. I'll have to think of the best way to utilize that on my way back to the top. I have to know; why did you do it?"

Nathan shrugged in a noncommittal way.

"We needed the jobs."

(Monday)

The wounded man's name was Conrad. Some homely girl named Sarah was getting his job. Gus White took over Edward's position since he wouldn't need it anymore. Stephanie got the other dead guy's job. He had been Stanley, not that it mattered much. It was a tiny office, but she was able to shuffle some things around and bring Nathan on as one of the sections assistants.

He'd work for several of the marketers on the lowest rung, but they would be working together. Everyone thought it was nice of her to get a former co-worker a job at her new place. It showed loyalty. Human Resources would have their paperwork tomorrow, but Stephanie and Nathan wanted to impress people with her work ethic by showing up and working a half day. Stephanie barely saw Nathan all day and that had her little worried. What if he didn't need her anymore?

Back at Nathan's place that night, Stephanie was going over every piece of information that she'd obtained from her new company trying to find an avenue to get ahead. Nathan arrived past nine.

"Where have you been?" Stephanie snapped in a worried tone. He hadn't called her or anything.

Nathan stared at Stephanie.

"I had to arrange for someone who owes me a favor to be my mailing address for work. We can't be seen living at the same address and I assumed you used my address". Stephanie blushed; she had.

"After the first paycheck, we will pitch in for some rat-hole with as safe mailbox and I'll put in a change of address. What are you doing?" Nathan asked.

"I'm looking on how to make my first advancement. It is going to be tough," she answered.

"Gus has a heart condition," Nathan told her. "One of the girls on that side of the floor told me. He's got hypertension, is going through a tough divorce, and is in lousy shape. I can remove him when the time is right."

"You mean kill him?" Stephanie gasped.

"Yeah," Nathan yawned, "we can't kill all your problems, but this is a case where we can. It will look like an accident. I already have an 'in' to his office and his pills. If there is no autopsy, we are golden."

"But ..." she questioned.

"All that has to be arranged by you is positioning yourself to be the one they tap to take over when I do him," Nathan said. "You'll be floor supervisor and start covering real clients again. From time to time, you pick the obstacle and I'll do the rest. I thought that was our arrangement?" Nathan stated.

"I guess it is," she said with wonderment and a smile. Having inconvenient people removed had always been a matter to deceit and betrayal, but now she had the tool of murder as well. All she had to do was keep Nathan close.

"Nathan, what can you tells me about Marketing Projections?" she asked.

"Not much. That is your side of the arrangement. I can steal data for you, but I need to know what you are looking for," he informed her. "I also have an extra angle I'm examining. One of the girls in Tech Support talked to me today."

"Talked to you ... like in as a person?" Stephanie teased. Nathan did not look impressed with her sarcasm.

"Considering she does all the work on the two floors above us, I would say that she's a good contact for me to consider developing," Nathan responded. "She can help us get information on all the Senior Marketing people's accounts and projections." Now he had Stephanie's attention.

"What do you have to do to cultivate the girl?" she questioned.

"Listen to her certain style of music I will probably not like, go to a few clubs with her where I'll be bored, and possibly accept her clumsy attempts at sex," he told her.

"Atta boy," Stephanie smiled wickedly, "I'll make an executive out of you yet. I think I can help you in the sex techniques department. As you pointed out, that is my side of the arrangement."

Nathan went and fixed himself some food. Stephanie watched him move around the room. He really was darkly attractive. She wondered why she had never seen that before. It was probably because she never looked at people as people but as resources. That IT girl was going to help her get to the next floor. Right now, she had to thin out the minnows where she was at; three or four months at the most. Then Gus would be gone and she'd be coming to the notice of people that mattered. This was going to work out great. She couldn't figure Nathan out, but did she really need to?

FinalStand
FinalStand
5,275 Followers
12