On the Other Hand Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers

"Okay. What should I wear?"

"Uhhm, something comfortable. It's not a dress-up kind of theatre. More casual, especially at this time of year. Skirt and blouse, maybe?"

"Fine. I'll expect you at seven then," she said, sounding like she might end the call.

"Oh, don't hang up. I wanted to ask you about Jimmy. Will I get a chance to say hello when I call for you?"

"Yes," she chuckled. "He always inspects my dates."

"Good for him," I said, pausing for a moment. "I'm really looking forward to Saturday, Nicole."

"Yes ... me too," she said in a softer voice.

"Okay ... 'till then. Bye."

"Bye, Will."

That felt good. Everything about it felt good. And that comment about seeing being more personal. That surprised me. I was hyped and I didn't know quite how to handle it. I sure as hell didn't want to screw up Saturday evening. I wanted it to be the beginning, not the end. And what about Jimmy? What would I say to him? I remember being told you shouldn't talk down to kids. They pick up on that right away. I wish I felt more confident about him.

You're as jumpy as a cat on a hot tin roof," Fiona said, almost laughing at me.

"Hey, tomorrow night is a big deal for me. I want to impress Nicole and her son. I'm nervous. I don't want to mess up my chances with her. I'm thinking she might be the right one."

"Just how long have you been divorced?" Rich asked.

"Uhhm ... I don't know ... about nine or ten months I think."

"And this is your first date, right?" he continued.

"Well, yeah. My first real date."

"Well I hope you're under a lot better control tomorrow than you are tonight," Fiona said with a scowl.

"Yeah ... me too," I agreed.

"Relax, Will. Be yourself. You know ... that guy that we've come to know and appreciate for his razor wit, panty-wetting good looks, immeasurable wealth, and ultimate sophistication."

"Very funny, very funny. On that note, I think I'll have another beer."

"Oh ... and a word to the wise," Fiona interrupted. "Don't drink beer on a first date. It isn't cool."

I nodded. "Warning noted."

"She's that important, is she?" Rich said, now serious.

"Yeah ... I think she is. I've got to admit, man, she caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting anything from those Internet replies and then she popped out as my last chance. Caught me completely by surprise."

"So tell us a little more about her," Fiona requested.

I pulled the photo of her out of my pocket. I had printed from her Skype image that I had captured while talking to her.

"Oh ... she's lovely," Fiona said, looking at me in surprise.

"You thought I might be settling for something less than Leona?"

"I didn't know what to think," she admitted. "It all happened so quickly, and after you described some of the losers that contacted you earlier, I wasn't expecting too much."

"Really, Fiona, I do have some standards," I said in mock indignation.

"Yeah ... sorry about that. I should have known."

"So it's off to a play tomorrow night. Then what?" Rich asked.

I shrugged. "I want to meet her family ... particularly her son. If I'm going to be serious about her, I have to be serious about him. She's really close to her parents, too. They've been a tower of strength for her and I want them to be as comfortable with me as possible."

"I don't see a problem, Will," Fiona said, again in her serious mode. "You're a good guy and they'll pick up on that when they get to know you. You've got a good job and you live in a nice place in a nice neighborhood. It's really going to be all about you and her."

"And Jimmy," I added.

"Yeah ... him too," she agreed.

"Well, I'm grateful for the encouragement. I'm still nervous, but you have made me feel better. Thanks for that."

Our Friday night after-work gathering at The Blue Heron was coming to an end and I was about to head home, stopping at the grocery store deli to find my evening meal. Something light, I decided, considering the butterflies in my stomach. Hell, it wasn't even Saturday yet.

To be continued

coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers
12