One Night at the Jefferson Ch. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,934 Followers

Roxanne was looking at her strangely but said nothing and turned back to the case of pendants she was browsing through. Lauren returned it to the clerk and moved further into the shop getting lost in the beautiful wood furniture. Each had a placard that gave all the information that the shop had. French dining room sets were placed next to British armoires and Shaker bedrooms. Lauren lost track of time as she moved from piece to piece reading and admiring. She was standing next to a big poster bed when she realized she had not seen Roxanne in a while.

She glanced around the shop but didn't see her. Lauren shrugged and turned back to the bed. She had just finished reading the placard that explained it was from the estate of a wealthy family when she felt rather than heard Roxanne standing next to her.

"Where were you?" Lauren said.

"Just browsing," Roxanne replied. She had a guilty look on her face and Lauren looked at her hard.

"O.K., what have you done?" Lauren asked.

"Nothing! I have just been looking around," Roxanne protested.

Lauren continued to stare at her, but she looked earnest now. Together they continued back into the area with the clothes. Roxanne took a green dress off the rack and held it up. Lauren burst out laughing it was a dress from the 60's all beads and sequins and it was just awful. Soon they were giggling like schoolgirls as each tired to show the other an outfit that was more hideous or funnier than the last.

Lauren was going through a rack of old formal gowns when she noticed Roxanne had gotten quiet. She turned to find her smaller friend staring at a mannequin. Lauren moved directly behind Roxanne and peered over her shoulder. On the mannequin was a corset in white satin with pink ribbons and bows. A weathered box was taped to one of the suspenders and Lauren realized it held or had held at one time, real silk stockings. At the base was a hatbox with a pair of button up boots and another box that proclaimed gloves on its cover. Lauren read the hand written placard leaning on the hatbox. Edwardian lady's necessities Hat, gloves, corset, stockings and boots Circa 1900. From the Estate of Mrs. Cardie. See Clerk for information. Do not touch.

"Looks uncomfortable," Lauren observed.

"It looks dreamy," Roxanne breathed. She reached out and fingered the delicate lace along the bodice top.

"You and your underwear fetish," Lauren said with mock disgust. Roxanne turned her head and made a face.

"You have no romance in your soul," she said with a giggle.

They were standing near the back of the shop and Lauren could see all the way to the entrance. The clerk's view of them was blocked by the large pieces of furniture along the walls and on the aisles. Lauren made sure no one was in the shop and then smiled. She had always had a bit of the exhibitionist in her. It was something she always found exciting but had never really explored very much.

"If you like it so much, get it," she whispered into Roxanne's ear. As she did so she placed both of her hands gently on Roxanne's waist.

Roxanne jumped slightly at her touch. Lauren gently flexed her hands causing a shiver to run through the redhead's body. She took her lovers earlobe between her teeth and gently nibbled.

"Ohh," Roxanne moaned softly while she pushed herself back against Lauren's body. Lauren let her hands glide up Roxanne's sides and then gently cupped her breasts.

"Lauren!" Roxanne burst out in a barely controlled whisper.

"Yes?"

"Stop!" Roxanne hissed trying to disengage herself.

Lauren's fingers gently lifted her tits thrilling again at their weight and firmness. She could feel the material of Roxanne's dress slide over the silky cups of her bra. She felt the stiffening nipples and let her fingers circle them and then gently squeezed one between her thumb and forefinger. Roxanne's body stiffened and her struggles ceased. Lauren positioned herself so she could keep an eye on the door and aisles.

While she was going to have fun with this she knew that the spice of such an act was the threat of getting caught. That heightened tension brought about an increase in arousal and satisfaction that was unbelievable. She also knew that discovery would be too much for Roxanne. She was simply too shy and unsure of herself to be able to handle that.

From her vantage point the chance of anyone discovering them was minimal, but her smaller lover could not know that. From where she stood they might as well be in the middle of Jackson Square. Lauren did not let her turn, she felt the fear of being caught would be that much more intense for Roxanne.

"Lauren, please!" Roxanne whispered urgently.

"Now who has no romance in her soul? Hmmm?" Lauren teased as her fingers continued to gently squeeze the smaller woman's nipples. She ran her tongue along Roxanne's ear lobe using just the tip to tease the sensitive skin. Roxanne shuddered and whimpered under her lover's touch.

Lauren's hands continued to gently massage and fondle Roxanne's sensitive tits. She took her earlobe between her teeth and gently chewed, breathing soft warm breaths over her ear between nibbles. Roxanne chewed on her lower lip as her body began to respond to the gentle caresses.

After a while Lauren felt Roxanne's body begin to tense and relax rhythmically. She began to work Roxanne's tits harder, increasing the pressure and giving more attention to the sensitive nipples. The smaller woman's breathing had become ragged and her hips began to buck slightly.

Lauren let her right hand trail down Roxanne's tummy and then to her hip. She firmly pulled Roxanne's ass to her own pelvis. She pressed herself firmly against Roxanne's ass, then released and then pulled her back again. After a few times Lauren ceased to have to pull as her lover took up the rhythm on her own.

"You like that don't you?" Lauren whispered.

When Roxanne didn't respond Lauren smiled. The redhead was chewing her lip furiously, trying to keep the flood of noises from escaping as her excitement mounted. Lauren let her hand trail back to the juncture of Roxanne's legs where she began to pull the hem of her dress up.

Roxanne quickly grabbed Lauren's hand and tried to stop her. Lauren growled in her throat and firmly bit Roxanne's neck. A gasp escaped her lips and she released Lauren's hand. One hand ineffectually covered the hand Lauren had on her tit as the other tried to push her mouth away. Lauren lifted her head and took Roxanne's finger into her mouth. She dug her teeth in to keep it there and then swirled her tongue around it, sucking softly.

Roxanne tried to pull her hand away but Lauren refused to let go. Roxanne's hand, which had been trying to disengage Lauren's from her breast shot to her own mouth. She balled it into a fist and pressed it tightly to her lips trying to keep the steady stream of tiny sounds from becoming audible to everyone on the Rue de Bienville.

With both of her hands taken up she could only watch as Lauren slowly pulled the hem of her dress upwards. Lauren took her time letting the anticipation and fear mingle with the constant stimulation to bring Roxanne to a fever pitch. Finally she felt her fingers close on the hem of the dress, she used her wrist to pin the bunched material to Roxanne's stomach.

Lauren let her fingertips trace along the cool nylon of Roxanne's stockings. They crossed the tops and to the incredibly hot, silky skin of her thighs. She followed the garter upwards taking time to massage and caress.

Roxanne's thighs seemed to part involuntarily. Lauren's fingers slipped across her panties and continued towards her most sensitive parts. Roxanne's panties were slick with her juices and Lauren could clearly feel the puffy lips of her pussy. Lauren stiffened her index finger and pressed it firmly into the slick satin. She felt Roxanne's lips part and heard the muffled groan as her stiffened finger pressed the damp satin against her clit.

Lauren began a slow up and down motion varying the amount of pressure she applied. In moments Roxanne's hips began to buck wildly. Lauren could feel that she was about to orgasm and suddenly stopped her ministrations. She released her friend's finger and smiled as Roxanne's hips continued to buck, as if they were searching for her finger.

"Still want me to stop?" She whispered.

"Nooo," Roxanne groaned.

"What do you want then?' Lauren asked letting her hand bump Roxanne's crotch and causing her to jerk like a marionette when the strings are pulled.

"You know," Roxanne breathed.

"The last thing you said is you wanted me to stop," Lauren said. She was determined to make Roxanne say it.

"Lauren please," She moaned.

"Please what?" Lauren whispered.

"Please let me cum," Roxanne hissed between clenched teeth.

It didn't take any more than that for Lauren to return her fingers to the sopping panties and resume her gentle stroking. Roxanne's body stiffened and suddenly began to spasm as her orgasm ripped through her. Even with her hand in her mouth a sharp sound almost like a bark was torn from her. Lauren released her friend's tit and dropped her arm to Roxanne's chest as she found herself supporting the smaller woman's weight.

Lauren held her until the shaking subsided. When Roxanne was able to stand again without support Lauren smiled and whispered "How's that for romance?"

Before Roxanne could answer the bell at the front door rang announcing another customer. Roxanne straightened her dress and tried to steady herself. Lauren watched as an elderly couple came into the shop and began to browse.

"Are you going to get it?" Lauren asked after Roxanne had composed herself somewhat.

"I would dearly love to, but I can't afford it," she replied. Her voice still held a quiver and her legs did not seem to be working right. Lauren smiled; she knew exactly what her smaller friend was feeling.

"I thought you brought plenty of undies money?" Lauren said.

"I.well its already spent," she finished lamely.

Lauren looked closely at her. Her expression was hard to read, she was still flushed and obviously embarrassed, but there was something else there that Lauren could not read.

They left the shop and crossed over to Bourbon Street. Roxanne was still wobbly and Lauren had to smile, she looked like a little drunk. At the corner they decided to take a late lunch at the open-air bistro and let Roxanne sit down. They sat down and ordered, Lauren was feeling experimentive and tried the Cajun red fish. Roxanne went with chicken fried steak. Their drinks came and for a few minutes they just sat and watched the people pass. It was a very comfortable feeling and neither said much.

Lauren noticed Roxanne seemed rather withdrawn and her attempts to draw her out were not getting anywhere. She began to worry that she had gone too far with her friend. The comfortable silence became awkward suddenly and she excused herself to go to the ladies room. She was worried now. Everything had seemed to be going so well and now she was becoming more certain by the moment that she had miscalculated. She felt the tears begin to sting her eyes before she reached the quiet safety of the ladies room.

Lauren relieved herself and then washed her face. She would have to try and repair whatever damage had been done. She did not have any idea where to begin. She steeled herself to go back out and try to draw Roxanne out. Memories of the many time she had pressed too hard online and Roxanne had disappeared for days haunted her.

By the time Lauren returned to the table the food had already arrived. Roxanne was watching her intently as she approached the table. She has barely sat down when she noticed a small yellow paper bag sitting next to her drink. She looked questioningly at Roxanne, but she only displayed a ghost of a smile. Her face was tight and her eyes had the worried look Lauren had come to know so well.

"What's this?" Lauren inquired.

"Open it and see," Roxanne said with a nonchalant shrug. Her attempt to appear at ease was betrayed by her eyes. Lauren was confused now. Was she upset or not? She couldn't tell.

Lauren opened the small bag and took out a black jewelry box. She was pretty sure she knew what was in it. Relief flooded over her, but she tried not to let Roxanne see it. She knew now that her friend's withdrawal had been nothing more than her trying to keep from giving the gift until it could be a surprise.

"This had better not be what I think it is," Lauren said. Roxanne only giggled and took a swallow of her drink.

Lauren's hands were shaking as she opened the box and as she suspected the garnet eyes of the cat pendant twinkled out at her from a white felt bed. Lauren was overcome with emotion for a while. She had made no mention of how much she liked it to her friend. Lauren had not been around anyone in many years that paid such close attention to her and tried so hard to make her happy. She felt the tears well up again and fought to master her emotions.

When she finally did she looked up at Roxanne. Those intent green eyes seemed to be staring into her, past the fa‡ade she kept up, past the many defense mechanisms a lifetime of experience had built up, right to the center of herself.

"This is why you couldn't afford the corset isn't it?" Lauren asked quietly.

Roxanne nodded. Lauren could see the anxiety written across her face now. She was afraid Lauren wouldn't like it and she could not hide that fear. Lauren was forcefully reminded that she was in the presence of someone who was incredibly unsure of herself. Lauren made up her mind then and there that she was going to change that.

"It's beautiful, and I do love it, but I can't accept it. You are going to have to take it back," Lauren said.

"Can't, all sales are final," Roxanne said her face breaking into a relieved smile. She stood up and with a shaking hand took the pendant out of the box and moved behind Lauren.

"Hair up?" she asked. Lauren pulled her hair up on her head and Roxanne fastened the chain behind her neck. Her hands were warm and soft and when they brushed her skin, Lauren was reminded that she was still very excited having gotten no relief in the antique shop. She felt the cool weight of the jade pendant between her breasts.

Lunch was pleasant with the quiet buzz of conversation from the other patrons and the occasionally raucous laughter of the people moving up and down the street. Roxanne was quiet, no longer withdrawn but it seemed to Lauren very content. When they finished eating, Lauren paid the bill and they walked back out onto the street. Roxanne started up Bourbon but Lauren grabbed her shoulder and steered her back towards Bienville Street.

"What?" Roxanne asked.

"We are going back to the shop of course,' Lauren said.

"No! I want you to have it I am not taking it back!" Roxanne protested.

"Shush, you are going to do what I say today, remember?" Lauren said. Roxanne looked at her frustration showing on her face, but Lauren merely smiled and continued to guide her back to the shop.

By the time they had reached the shop Roxanne was sullen and quiet. Lauren thought she so cute when she was being petulant. She wanted to give her a hug right then and there but she resisted the temptation.

"Hello again," The clerk said when she looked up and recognized them.

"Hi," Lauren replied.

"Can I help you?" she inquired.

"Yes, I wanted to inquire about the display in back," Lauren replied watching Roxanne as she said it. The little redhead's face showed confusion and then she blushed.

"Which one?"

"The Victorian corset and things," Lauren replied.

"Edwardian," the clerk corrected.

"Yes," Lauren replied.

"Of course," she said. She came out from behind the counter and led the way towards the back of the shop.

"You realize of course that corset's are usually sized to fit the wearer," she said delicately. Lauren had to smile to herself. The people here were so courteous and careful. Back home the clerk would have just told her there was no way she could fit into it.

"Yes of course, but I think it will fit her don't you?" Lauren said with a grin as she watched Roxanne go crimson.

The clerk turned and looked at them both and then a smile spread across her face. "I think it will," she said in a voice that was suddenly nicer somehow.

The clerk showed Lauren the hat; it was a little black thing with a lace veil and long silver hatpin. The gloves were white kid leather. Lauren smiled as Roxanne stood there shifting her weight from foot too foot and looking like she wanted to find a hole to crawl into.

"I think she will look good in it," Lauren said.

"She will be adorable," the clerk replied looking Roxanne up and down. Roxanne was red from head to foot.

"I'll take it," Lauren said as the clerk opened the box showing the black silk stockings still wrapped in crepe paper. She smiled and nodded collecting the various boxes.

"I'll be up in a moment if you would like to look around some more," she said as she turned the mannequin and deftly unlaced the corset's strings.

When they reached the front counter the clerk placed the things in boxes and then in a pair of large yellow bags with the shop's logo on them. Lauren tossed her credit card on the counter.

"Before I ring this up might I suggest these?" the clerk said as she reached under the counter and brought out a green felted display board. There were several ornate silver hooks on the board. Many were beautifully decorated.

"What are they?" Lauren asked.

"The ones on the left are corset hooks, the ones with the smaller hooks are for the boots," the clerk replied.

Lauren selected one of each and the clerk added them to the bag. Once the card receipt went through and Lauren had signed it she took the two large bags and handed them to Roxanne.

"Enjoy your purchase," the clerk said to Lauren with a wink. Lauren smiled back and put her arm around Roxanne's shoulders.

"I am sure we will," she said.

The walk back was fun for Lauren. Roxanne was quiet, but the simple smile on her face and adoring looks made Lauren feel like she was on top of the world. When they reached the hotel they hurried upstairs and into Lauren's room. Roxanne immediately went to her room with her bags and Lauren hurriedly dug through her carryon to find her copy of Interview.

Roxanne returned after a while clutching a book in her hand.

"What took you so long?' Lauren asked.

"I umm, I had to change," Roxanne said.

"Change?" Lauren asked.

"Yes," Roxanne said coloring and obviously wanting the subject to change.

"Change what?" Lauren pressed. She really enjoyed teasing Roxanne.

"My panties if you must know!" she blurted out.

Lauren burst out laughing. Roxanne glowered at her a few moments and then joined in. When their giggles subsided Lauren took her book and said, "Come on, we are going to miss the signing"

They took a cab to the book signing and joined the long line of fans. The night was sultry and dark. The buzz of many conversations drowned out the sounds of the city around them. Lauren was pleased that Roxanne stood very near her and didn't seem to notice the glances a few people gave them. Lauren was also pleased when she noticed the book Roxanne had brought to get signed was one of the Claiming of Sleeping Beauty series.

After they had worked their way through the line and gotten their respective books signed they hurried the few blocks to the starting point of the ghost light tour. This was one part of the trip Lauren had really been looking forward to. There was a crowd of people standing outside the small building where the tours originated. These tours were conducted from a horse drawn carriage. It covered the oldest section of the quarter and some of the places where people might not otherwise see.

Each of the open carriages was made to seat four and pulled by a pair of draft horses. As one carriage would come in the riders would get out on the street side and the new passengers would board, much like a taxi line at the airport. One in every three or four that arrived was a carriage that carried only a single couple. These boarded at the first gate only and the line was significantly longer.

Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,934 Followers