One Night for Peace

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stupid mortals couldn't tell a demon when it was right in front of their faces. Leianna ignored them, drifting past. The marble blistered and burned in her wake, her anger manifested and spilling free. Her followers trailed behind her mutely, faces twisted in horrified wonder.

Leianna was the goddess of peace. But until this day they had not realized that did not mean she was a peaceful god.

Around her there were townsfolk, prayers hung from their lips, swelling in their air as they surged through the temple. Her chest expanded, drinking in their faith. Every prayer mattered. She would use it all and smite the bastard who dared make a fool of her.

As her power expanded, Leianna shone brighter until she was a near blinding figure burning in the center of her temple. Her followers shied away in fear, shielding their faces from her glory.

She stopped, standing before the massive statue of herself erected in the center of her dwelling. It was near. She could sense it. She could feel him.

"Show yourself," she commanded.

The room pulsed. Her words were powered by centuries of prayers; with this power she could have altered reality. A demon stood no chance. The air burned, steam rising from the stone ground. The marble alter around her statue shattered like glass and a woman shrieked in terror.

The demon appeared.

He was reclined back against the feet of her statue. As she had expected he was tall and imposing, even relaxed as he was now. While largely human in appearance there was no mistaking what he was when exposed in his true form.

Massive ram's horns spiraled over his head, peeking through obsidian hair. Dusky gray flesh stretched over his lean muscles, and dressed in only loose silk pants there was a lot of that gray skin to see. Glowing red eyes locked with hers, and his wide lips stretched into a twisted grin.

"It's an honor to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you, Leianna."

She snarled, and the ground cracked beneath him as if to swallow him up. "You dare to speak my name?"

"It's hardly a dare," he purred, unfazed by her power. "My name is Antiel. You are welcome to use it whenever, and however, you wish."

The goddess was taken aback by his forwardness. His behavior reminded her of her sister, Onaria. She never knew how to deal with such sultry familiarity. She had been expecting terror, groveling, pleas for mercy. His cavalier greeting made her uncomfortable and she felt her power almost waver.

"Leave this place!" she demanded, bearing down on her resolve. "Leave the city or suffer unimaginable punishments." She felt more like a petulant child than an all powerful god and it seemed the demon could sense that.

His grin spread wider, wicked fangs glinting in the light of her power. "We'll see. I have a pretty thorough imagination." His eyes raked up her body, leaving her feeling violated and exposed.

Shaking in rage, she roared, "Be gone!" Unfiltered power erupted from her, engulfing and consuming him. The room exploded with light and her priestesses screamed. The massive statue cracked and shattered, toppling to the ground with a crash of dust. When the air cleared, the demon was gone.

The goddess collapsed, and several of her priests rushed forward to catch her. She had never before held that much power at one time, and certainly never expelled so much. The bastard had worked his way under her skin, and she had lost her temper. She could have used much more restraint, and disposed of him with more finesse.

But he was gone now and that was what mattered. She hadn't liked the way he'd been looking at her, and she couldn't believe that he dared speak to her the way he had. She was a goddess, worthy of admiration and praise. She had never been treated in such a crude manner by someone who knew who she was.

Leianna struggled to her feet, feeling frail and extremely human. The heady musk of the demon still lingered in the air, mixed together with the thick dust of her shattered marble visage. The goddess shook her head, trying to rid herself of the fog that crept up from the back of her mind. Thank the stars the demon was gone, dead or at least seriously incapacitated. Human as she felt, she would have very little strength to resist his magical aura.

*****

She rested for a while in the temple, enjoying the attention as her priests and priestesses doted on her. Leianna basked in the power of their prayers of gratitude, feeling their faith slowly trickle into her now empty stores. When she felt strong enough that her skin had begun to glow faintly again she bid them farewell and left to see if her people would need any aid in restoring the damages that had been done.

Her intentions were twofold. She genuinely cared for them, and wanted to ensure their safety. But she desperately needed them to see her, to know it was she that saved them from the demon and to inspire them to pour out gratitude. If she hadn't actually killed Antiel she would need the power to face him when he returned someday.

The goddess passed through the streets, stopping to smile and speak to anyone who approached her. She told frightened girls they had nothing to worry about, and offered forgiveness to men who crumpled at her feet, begging for mercy. She couldn't right everything, there wasn't enough prayer for that, but she would do everything that she could.

"Goddess, please! Please save me! Oh mother, please goddess, please! I need you! Leianna, I beg you, please!" A woman's sobs rang through her mind, clearly as if screamed directly into her ear. Leianna winced, feeling the terror fueling the girl's desperate plea. She could feel the woman's location pulling her, an intangible string leading her to the source.

Leianna focused on the words ringing through her head and drew on her depleted pool of strength. With a breath she appeared beside the sobbing redheaded woman. She was curled up in the corner of an alley, desperately trying to make herself disappear into the stone and escape the attention of the four bulky men that were closing in around her.

At the sight of the materialized goddess the men shrank back, cursing in fright.

She summoned every ounce of will, forcing herself to stand upright and look bold. They would not know her weakness. She was a goddess. She was their god. "That's enough." Her voice resonated and echoed through the filthy alley.

They eyed her cautiously, as if trying to decide if they could take on a goddess. The thought shouldn't have even occurred to them. They shouldn't have been capable of it. One of them stepped forward, as if testing to see what she would do.

"Leave, now." The last push of power slipped from her lips like a whisper. Peace wrapped itself deep inside the men, and obediently they turned and slunk away.

Leianna's knees gave out from under her, and she fell.

The girl caught her, cradling her in her arms and weeping in relief. "Oh thank you, goddess. Thank you."

Behind her the girl radiated heat, warm and inviting as she relaxed into her grasp. She had never been so human, and wanted nothing more than to discard her physical form and retreat to the spiritual realm until her strength returned. But it felt so nice to be held, to be cared for.

Her head felt fuzzy, and her body was burning hot. She felt flushed and breathless. The girl gasped behind her, and weak as she was, Leianna looked up.

The demon, Antiel, stood towering over them. He seemed perfectly unscathed from their previous encounter. "Well isn't this sweet?" His voice cracked through the air, harsh and mocking. "Safe and sound, rescued from certain danger by your ever present goddess."

"How?" Leianna whimpered weakly. He should have been dead! He shouldn't be here. The town was supposed to be safe; she had nearly burned through this body trying to make sure of that!

Antiel tutted, shaking his head. "You have a temper that you might want to keep in check. I had all the time in the world to dodge that reckless waste of magic. Barely a scratch on me." He knelt down beside the two women.

The girl shrunk in, trying to hide behind Leianna.

He reached out with a clawed hand and caressed both women's faces. "Don't worry," he was quiet, searching for a word. "Sweet Addie, isn't it? I'm not here to hurt either of you."

The demon pulled back, but his scent hung in the air, musky like heavy rain and rich like spiced wine. "I just want to make sure that you haven't forgotten your manners."

It was hard to breathe. The air felt too thick, heavy in her lungs. Her skin burned and her clothes felt scratchy and constraining. There was a heat between her thighs, pulsing and making it hard to think. Leianna willed herself to move, to escape, or even to shed her physical form. But her body was unresponsive, worked up in the magic of Antiel's aura.

Addie wiggled behind her, rolling her hips and Leianna felt the girl's breasts press against her back. She was not the only one affected by the demon.

"My manners?" The girl's voice was distant, spoken as if she were in a deep sleep.

"Of course, my pet. Your goddess saved you from unspeakable horrors. Don't you know what those men would have done to you if they caught you?" When she shook her head, he continued. "Well, I do. They were going to fuck you, all four of them, right here in this alley. Rip your clothes off and stuff you full of cock. Pound you into submission until you couldn't move and then leave you here, dripping full of cum for anyone to find you, to use you."

The girl wailed and wrapped her arms tighter around the goddess. Her nipples were like pebbles against the goddess's back. Leianna could scarcely think. The girl's hands had settled around her own breasts. Her skin ached, and she could only think of how good it would be to have the girl's cool hands caress her bare skin.

She shook her head. No. She couldn't think this way. It was the demon, his foul magic. She had to fight against it. Weakly, she snapped, "Leave her alone. I told you to leave this city, demon."

His face split into a wicked grin. "You did. But why should I? What could you possibly do about it now? You blazed through centuries of power in that little outburst of yours. It feels silly now, doesn't it? Wasted all that energy and for nothing."

Leianna's face fell. He was right. She couldn't do anything about him now. He had won. Her heart sunk as he continued, his words directed at the girl behind her again.

"Sweet Addie, you should thank her. Think of what she saved you from. She deserves your thanks, don't you think? More than just your words." His aura was overpowering. Both women were practically panting for air, Addie's hands had moved in closer around Leianna's breasts.

"Be a good girl," he purred, stroking the girl's freckled cheek. "Thank her properly."

"Yes..." she whispered. Leianna felt her hands press tighter, intentionally holding her close. "I'll thank her."

The girl's soft lips pressed against the goddess's neck, tenderly kissing her sensitive flesh. Her lips parted and her tongue, warm and rough, trailed up her skin. As Addie nibbled and kissed, the goddess could not form the words to resist.

This was wrong. She had to stop it. Antiel was using the girl to make a fool of her, manipulating them both. She needed... something. She wanted... something else. She didn't know, she couldn't think.

Moaning into her neck, Addie's hands worked their way under the thin white silk of her gown. Her hands were hot against the goddess's needy flesh, and both women gasped in pleasure as Addie's hands cupped her bare breasts. The girl ran her fingers in circles in a slow closing spiral.

Antiel, who was standing back, his burning red eyes drinking in the sight, stepped forward. Deftly, he slipped open the clasps that held the goddess's dress, and smiled as the soft fabric slid down her form.

Leianna shuddered as the cool night air spread across her body. Her nipples peaked and she moaned as Addie's fingers finally made their way to the sensitive pink nubs. Her hips rocked back against the girl, grinding at the air as both breasts were stimulated, her nipples being gently rolled and pinched.

Leianna's head fell back in bliss, her eyes closed in rapture as she soaked in the attention. She whimpered as one hand left her breasts, and then trembled as it made a slow descent downward.

Addie's soft fingertips trailed over her smooth stomach, dipping beneath the gown pooled around her waist. She traced past her hip bones, pausing to stroke the soft blond curls between the goddess's legs. Her teeth sunk into her neck, a thick bite that drew more pleasure than pain.

Leianna's mouth fell open, her chest trembling with anticipation. She was burning from the inside out, this time with desire rather than power. The girl was drawing it out, though, taking her time to slowly pass a little further down. Her other hand still played at the goddess's breasts, toying between alternating nipples.

When her fingers reached the top cleft of her slit a lewd moan slipped from the goddess's lips. Her hips bucked upward, desperately trying to get her to go just a little lower. She just needed a little more stimulation. Just another moment and it would be enough to-

"That's enough." Antiel's cold laughter cut through the air. Addie stopped, pulling her hand from beneath Leianna's gown.

Leianna whimpered, a pathetic pleading sound as the fingers withdrew. Her mind was on fire, she felt as though she would shatter into a thousand pieces at the slightest touch. She wanted to beg, to plead for just another moment. But she could not demean herself that way.

"I think you've thanked her properly. Sweet Addie, run home. Go find that baker's boy and offer yourself to him tonight. Understand?"

Leianna winced as the girl pushed her from her lap, abandoning her in the alley with the demon.

She collapsed back against the wall, her breasts still exposed to Antiel's predatory gaze. Her body quaked and shivered as she slowly started to come down from the sexual high, but the pulsing need between her legs was the strongest it had ever been.

"Well, that was unexpected," he purred, dropping to the ground to kneel beside the breathless woman. "I expected you to put up a fight. Tell her off, try to escape. Beg me to let you go." His breath was hot in her ear, and despite her revulsion her body responded, eager to pick up where it had been left.

"But, no. You enjoyed every moment of that didn't you?" When she slowly shook her head no, he laughed. "Don't lie to me. I can smell it, you're dripping like a cheap whore. I'd expected you to fight it, but you're as much a slut as your sister, aren't you?"

Breathless, Leianna glared back, trying to pull her dress back up around her. "I-I am not. You tricked me into this, it wasn't my choice."

He laughed. "I hardly did anything. Your decisions brought you here. You lost your temper. You let that girl nearly fuck you. And now you can watch as I claim this city as my own. And there's not a thing you can do to stop me."

She called out as he turned to leave. "Wait! Please."

Antiel spun around, glaring at her, "Stop wasting my time, bitch."

"Please." She reached forward, her posture reminiscent of a servant on their knees. "Please leave these people alone, they trust me, they count on me to protect them."

"Then it's a shame you'll be such a disappointment," he shrugged.

"There must be something I can do!" she begged. "Please, Antiel!"

The demon's eyes ran down her form. Despite her attempts to close her dress, her perky breasts were still exposing a lot of flesh, a hint of one of her pink areola visible. Her hair was wild, and she stank of sex and lust. Leianna looked nothing like the composed goddess that had stood before him at the temple.

A smirk spread over his face, his head cocked to one side. "Maybe there is one thing."

Her face lit up at the flicker of hope. "Please, anything!"

Antiel laughed. "Anything. Good. I've never been with a god." He crossed back over to her, smiling at the sight of her on the ground before him. "Be mine for a night. Offer yourself to me. An even exchange, you for the town."

Hope fell crashing around her, and her shoulders dropped, her face twisted in horror. "Never! You're a demon."

"You said anything. And you have nothing else you could offer me. You have nothing," he mocked.

Leianna scowled. "I'd rather die."

"Pity. I suppose you can tell that to your subjects when they start begging you for your aid. 'I could have helped you, ended it all, but I'd rather die!' I'm sure they'll understand. No matter, I can find a girl, or two, or eight, who'll pass the night just fine." He dipped in a mockery of a bow. "Until next time, Leianna."

He disappeared in a flash of black smoke, almost certainly reappearing somewhere else in Meadhall to terrify and torment her people.

She fell onto the cold, dirty ground. She felt useless, her spirit shattered. Her body still ached with need, but the shock of the demon's offer had dulled it slightly. To lie with a demon, she could not imagine a greater shame; it was unthinkable.

It broke her heart to think of the suffering her people would have to face until she regained her power, but there was little that she could do. She would try to appeal to her brothers and sisters, hope that one of her fellow gods would take pity on her and come to her aid. It was unlikely, but it was the only choice she had left. She breathed in, her chest expanding as her lungs filled. When she exhaled, her physical body disappeared, shimmering into nothing.

*****

Leianna opened her eyes to see the paradise of the spiritual realm; each god had the power to warp and create their own personal sanctuary. For her it was a quiet oasis: a clear natural spring surrounded by exotic plants and palm trees. She had modeled it from a glimpse of one from far off in the east. There was nothing like that here in the western lands, and it had inspired her to create one of her own.

Moments after arriving, Onaria appeared. Her presence could have been felt by any of her fellow gods resting idle here at home. Leianna couldn't say if Onaria was the only one there, or just the only one who cared to come see her.

The nude goddess rushed forward to embrace the still shaking Leianna, who shivered uncomfortably at her body's response to the intimate touch. Not enough time had passed to completely quell the storm of desire that so recently burned within her. The heavy weight of Onaria's breasts pressed against her own threatened to inspire less than pure thoughts.

Fortunately the goddess of passion did not recognize her discomfort as anything other than her typical prudishness. "Darling, Leianna! You look absolutely frightful. What's happened to you?" Her hands cupped the goddess's grimy face and gently wiped her clean. "Was it the demon?"

She couldn't bring herself to meet Onaria's eyes. "I'm afraid things did not go well."

"What happened?" she insisted.

"I may have lost my temper. He violated my temple and was mocking me. I overextended myself and blew through my power stores. I thought I had killed him, but..." Leianna hung her head. "I was wrong. I don't know what to do. I have almost no power left in that city, and I don't see any way to stop him. I came to petition you and the others for aid."

Onaria tutted. "Poor thing. But I really don't know what any of us could do. It is your city. The rest of us don't have much power there to begin with. I know I certainly don't."

The pleasure goddess was not widely worshiped throughout the human world. Her followers tended to be dryads, nymphs, and other more free spirited creatures. Human cities would have a shrine so as not to spite her, but Leianna knew her power would be laughable. She couldn't give up though.