One Night Stand Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'He disowned me that day. And my mum...she stood by him. I mean, I always knew she was scared of him but to take his side over her only child...I've not seen any of them since that day. And then I saw my cousin a year ago when I was taking Pandora for a walk down Hampstead Heath. She had looked me clearly in the eye before walking away. This was someone I had grown up with. Shared clothes and toys with. It was obvious that my whole family had ostracized me. All because I had a child for a white guy.'

She cleaned her eyes, not caring that her make-up was smeared. She looked at Tarquin bravely, ignoring the ashen look he had on his face, 'And this is why I'm telling you that I would not let you have my daughter without a fight. I would literally die before letting you take her away from me.'

Tarquin could only nod as all that she had said whirled round in his head. She had gone through all of this alone? If he could only get his hands on her father he would....

'Oh my God.' He whispered as he stretched his hands and held unto hers.

She tried to drag hers away, but he kept a firm hold.

'Listen to me, Ada. I will never, ever take Pandora away from you. Never. Are you listening?'

Ada nodded, her hands going limp. He wasn't going to fight her on this.

Tarquin nodded as he released her hands, ignoring the moisture from the tears that she had wiped, 'I am so sorry that you went through this alone. Words cannot even begin to describe how sorry I am, and if I could find your father now I would...I don't even know...all I know is that it would end terribly. I wish I had known. I would never have let you raise her alone, and I can only hope that you believe me when I say this.'

Ada nodded, sniffing as she did so. 'I didn't tell you this story so that you would pity me. I just wanted you to understand why I need to have my baby with me.'

Tarquin nodded quickly, 'And I do. Totally, and one hundred percent. All I ask is that we come to an agreement on how I can see her. Get to know her. She's my daughter too and I have already lost out on three years of her life. I cannot lose anymore.'

Ada smiled softly at this, 'Of course. As long as this is all done amicably, I have no problem with it. She's your daughter too.'

Tarquin smiled for the first time that night. It was a smile of relief. 'Okay, we should also talk about money. I mean, I know you're comfortable as you've pointed out, but I need to set up an account for her to...'

Ada cut in, laughing as she did so, 'Why don't we talk about that later? Let's take things step by step...starting with us picking a suitable date for you to come visit this week. Like Saturday? If that's okay with you...and Theresa of course.' She had completely forgotten about his fiancée.

And so had Tarquin. Well he would inform Theresa about Pandora and he could only hope that she was okay with it, for her sake, because nothing was going to separate him from his daughter.

'That's definitely okay by me. And Pandora...will she be okay with it?' He asked cautiously.

Ada grinned, 'Trust me when I say she will be ecstatic. I've already told her about you and she's over the moon. It's a tad annoying actually.'

Tarquin laughed, partly relieved, partly happy.

He had a daughter. And one who could not wait to meet him apparently!

He looked at Ada as she smiled back and his laughter faded as he stared at her. She was beautiful. If only...

Ada quickly cleared her throat, cutting him from his thoughts, 'Look, I should go now. I've got my friend's niece looking after Pandora, but it's a school night so I have to go back and...'

Tarquin nodded, standing as Ada stood with her coat in her arms, 'Of course. I understand completely. Let me just...walk you to your car. Assuming you came by car?'

Ada nodded and shrugged into her coat as Tarquin dropped a few fifty pound notes on the table. They walked together to where Ada had parked her car and he watched as she opened her door.

She turned round to him and they stared at each other for a few seconds, their faces separated from each other a few inches. Tarquin looked at her eyes, then her lips, then back to her eyes again.

'I should never have...' He started but Ada shook his head.

'No. Please, just...don't say that. We're going to try to be friends for the sake of our daughter but nothing more. You have a fiancée and I have...well...I'll just get your phone number off you now so that I can text my address to you.'

Tarquin stared at her as she turned round and checked her purse for her phone and he sighed as he pushed away thoughts of whirling her round and kissing her.

He got his phone out of his coat pocket as he called out his number for her to store on her phone, then he saved her number as she gave him a missed call.

'So...Saturday then?' He asked softly as the sharp October breeze tousled his hair about his face.

Ada nodded, 'Yes. Saturday. See you then.' She quickly reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek before getting into her car and driving off.

Tarquin stared at the car as it merged into Central London's traffic and ran a finger through his wind-tousled hair.

He had never gotten her out of his mind, not in the last three years. And now, with a child; this meant his life was now inexorably linked with hers.

There was no way he was going to be able to fool himself any further.

He had been in love with Ada since he had fallen asleep with her on the same bed three years ago and not a single thing had changed.

12