One Slip: A Hard Fall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Joesephus
Joesephus
822 Followers

Steve searched her eyes, as if he were trying to read her mind. He couldn't miss her sincerity or her determination. Donna was a strong woman, but he didn't know if she was strong enough to do what she intended. He did know she was going to try. Finally, he said, "That's a mighty high price for one slip isn't it?"

Donna snuggled into his chest. "My darling husband, when you slip, you can expect a very had fall. You have to expect things to get broken, unless there is someone there to catch you, sometimes twice.

Epilogue:

Donna and Steve watched as Steve Jr. stood in his cap and gown and delivered the valedictorian address at his high school graduation. Steve had his arm around her and ever so often, he would pat her affectionately. It had been a very hard six years. It had been almost three months before Steve had resumed sexual relations and it had been over a year before sex was 'good.' One bonus was that she learned she enjoyed anal sex, when she was properly prepared for it.

The move across the country to a small town had also been very hard. However, it had let them have a fresh start. The kids had hated it at first, but had learned to love it. Because Gil's company settled rather than go to court, a wise decision with all the publicity that Gil's trial and 30-year sentence produced, the tape was never made public. The seven-figure settlement and the sale of his construction business had allowed Steve to start over in a bigger and better way.

After years of marriage counseling, Donna believed their marriage was in good shape. She had lived her new rules and had never resented them. Steve and his happiness remained Donna's top priority and if she hadn't yet managed to fill all of the hole she'd created, she had found that she derived great satisfaction working on new ways to make him happier. The reason that she had never felt any resentment for some of the attitudes, moods and rules that Steve had forced on her was that she never lost sight of her admiration of him, and what he'd sacrificed to keep her.

It also made it easier that they could fight over the things they'd always fought over. As soon as Donna moved back into their bedroom, the laptop was once again banished. Steve threw seven kinds of fits over the change in their menu, but Donna had stood her ground. The real difference from before 'the slip,' was that when Donna decided to stand her ground she was always convinced it was what was best for Steve and their marriage.

Donna patted Steve's leg as Steve Jr. finished. It hadn't been a long speech, just thirteen minutes. Her whole 'affair' from the time Gil had turned on the cameras until she begun to get dressed lasted four full minute less than her son's address. Yet those few minutes had turned her whole world upside down and almost destroyed it. "I so proud of our son, honey, almost as proud as I am of you. I love you Steve."

Steve was watching his son, and it was impossible to not see his contentment, "I love you too honey, you've made me the happiest man on the planet. I don't see how life could get any better."

Donna swallowed the lump in her throat and thought, 'But it will, I'll make certain of that! I promise!'

Joesephus
Joesephus
822 Followers