One Stupid Mistake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Some time in the middle of that night I had a terrible dream. It was Tina and a faceless guy in a hotel room. I saw them undressing each other and then they were in bed. He was in her saddle thrusting hard into her. Her legs were hooked around his ass and her arms were around his back. I could see her meeting each thrust with one of her own. The look on her face told me she was lost in the passion of their fucking. I could hear her begging him to cum in her. Then I saw him speed up. The muscles in his ass cheeks were clenching as he pumped her full of cum. She screamed and came with him. That was when I sat bolt upright in bed and screamed. Needless to say I didn't get back to sleep. I sat in my recliner with the TV on sobbing like a baby. The video of the dream running through my mind like it was set on repeat.

My tears finally dried up and I sat wondering if something I had done or not done to drive her into another mans bed. I wasn't a workaholic. I had good people working for me and they took care of business. I was home almost every evening by six or six thirty at the latest. I did travel but only about once a month for meeting the next morning. We went out for dinner and dancing two or three times a month. She always tried to fuck me into a coma after we got home. Our sex life got better after Amy started college. We had naked days and we fucked in every room in the house. I fucked her on the kitchen table and on the hood of her car. The washer and dryer got anointed many times. It couldn't be our sex life, but there had to be something that she wasn't getting at home.

There was one possibility that I thought of, but I didn't think she was that stupid. She thought I loved her enough to forgive her for getting a little extramarital sex. If she believed that she didn't know me at all. I dismissed that one right away.

I figured I had put everything off for long enough. I had to move on. Fight was not an option just as flight wasn't. I couldn't run from it. I had to face it. Getting drunk wasn't the answer. When I sobered up the cold spot and anger was still there. I didn't want to sit around any more. I packed up and went back to town. I checked into a motel and called Emily.

"Hi, Don. How are you doing? I'm kinda worried about you. You haven't done anything like this before. Is everything OK."

"Not really, Tina and I are splitting up. She's got herself a boyfriend."

"Oh my god, Don. I would never have thought that. I thought you two had a great marriage."

"Well, things can change really fast. I just found out Friday night."

"I'm wondering if you should be alone at a time like this. If you need me, please tell me."

"Thanks, Emily. I've gotten through the feeling sorry for my self stage. I'm at the Motel Six on Main street. I'm going to find a divorce lawyer and get the process started."

"Take all the time you need. I can handle things here till you come back."

"I may be in tomorrow. You can always call me on my cell. I'll have it off but I'll call you back."

"Goodbye, Don. Take it easy on yourself.'

"Don't worry. I'll be fine."

***************

I decided to call Amy and fill her in.

"Hi, how's the best Dad in the world?"

"Not to good, sweetheart. Are you sitting down?"

"Dad. You're scaring me. What's going on?"

"I found out Friday night that your mother has a boyfriend."

"You're shitting me. She wouldn't do anything that stupid."

"I wish I was. She calmly announced that he asked her out to dinner, and the next thing I knew she walked out the door."

"Are you OK. You must be really hurt."

"I spent a couple of day up at the cabin. I'm past the 'feeling sorry for myself' part. Now, it's just anger and hurt."

"I can't believe she would do that to you. I'll never speak to her again. That's unforgivable."

"OK, stop right there. You listen to me. This is between your mother and I. She's still your mother and if you abandon her over this you will lose you Dad too. I will cut you off so fast you won't know what happened. I'll cancel the lease on your car, I'll cancel you credit cards, I won't pay for your apartment, and your tuition will be your responsibility. You will be on your own. Do you understand me?"

"Dad. That was a terrible thing to do to you."

"It was, but she did it to me, not you. You'll be the only family she has after this. You will not take that from her. You can be angry all you want, but that's as far as it goes. You will not punish her. Are we clear on this?"

"OK, Dad. I'm just so mad at her I want to slap some sense into her."

"I understand. You cool off for a couple days and then call her. I know it will be hard, but it's the best way."

"I promise, Dad. You're right, It's going to be hard, but I'll do it."

"Thank you, Sweetheart. And always remember, I love you and so does your mother."

'I love you too."

"Bye bye."

"Bye, Dad."

****************

I contacted a lawyer and got the divorce process started. We discussed an offer and finally agreed on one. Tina would get the house, the cabin and half of our personal savings account. He had me sign quit claim deeds for both properties. She would get no part of my company. It was a thriving business and worth way more than both houses. We would both keep our cars and she had her health plan through her workplace. I was filing so I would also pay her lawyer fees.

I left the filing and the process serving to him. I wanted her served at home if possible. For some reason I didn't want to shit in her nest. I just wanted out.

Tina

I pulled into my driveway and a woman got out of a car parked at the curb.

"Hi. Are you Tina Wilson?"

"Yes, how can I help you."

She handed me a manila envelope.

"You've been served. Have a nice day."

She turned, walked back to her car and drove off.

It was no surprise. I had been waiting for it. Without opening it I knew is was our divorce papers. Ridden with guilt, depression and anger at my stupidity. I went into the kitchen and started my usual pot of coffee. I sat, looking at the envelope like it was a snake, ready to strike. Should I get a lawyer and fight it. Could I talk Don out of it.

My depression took over and I gave up. My stupidity had destroyed my marriage and I deserved what ever I got. I opened the package and signed without reading any of it. I sat there with a cup of coffee in front of me, staring off into nowhere thinking about how I had ruined my life.

If I just hadn't listened to Jan telling us about Jason. Her raving on about how good he was at oral sex. How big his cock was and how her orgasms were like a religious experience. How he sent her home barely able to walk.

Over and over I thought about it and the more I thought the more I wanted it. My problem was Don and how I had to either cheat on him or just be up front and do it. After a week of overthinking it, I decided I would just do it, Don would forgive me and we would go on with out lives. I just knew he loved me enough to let it go and forgive me.

The next morning I had pulled Jan aside. I asked her to invite Jason to lunch with us so I could meet him. She knew I was married, but she reluctantly agreed.

Sure enough, he was handsome and had a great personality. We went to lunch a few times and agreed to meet at the Hilton that Friday. That was the fateful day that my marriage ended.

I sat there running my failed plan through my head. On review I saw that it was so flawed it would never have worked. I had to be the most stupid woman on the planet. The first flaw was convincing myself that we would work our way through it and he would forgive me.

The worst flaw was; I didn't think of the worst case scenario. It never entered my mind that he would just leave me. When I saw his ring on the table I knew he wouldn't ever forgive me. We would never be together again. I slowly walked into the bedroom, laid down and cried.

Don

Over the next few weeks, I was having quite a bit of trouble because of the anger, pain and sadness I was holding in. I had trouble sleeping, I seldom woke up with my morning wood, I didn't want to eat and it was affecting me at work. Emily brought it to my attention. I finally gave in to her requests and found a shrink. I started meeting with her twice a week.

One day Emily came in my office with a big smile on her face. I suspected this was one of her, 'I'll cheer the boss up a little', attempts.

"OK, what's with the big smile?"

"Well, I've been thinking. You're going to be single in a few months and there are lots of single ladies out there just looking for a successful guy like you. You should get a gym membership and get all buffed out."

"Yeah, that's just what I need. Out of the frying pan and into the fire."

"You don't know it yet, but Mother Nature won't let you get away with that. Your time will come sooner than you expect."

"You think so, huh?"

"Yep. I've noticed some of the single women here have started dressing a little sexier than before. You would be a big notch on their bedpost."

"I suppose I'll have to put out a memo that the boss is off limits. You know I won't dip my pen in the company ink."

"Yeah, but we all have single girlfriends out there that would like to get their hooks in you."

"OK, see if you can find a gym close by and sign me up. I'll probably need a trainer too."

I agreed just to keep her off my back. I knew she had my best interest at heart. She walked out the door doing fist pumps.

Tina

I definitely wasn't looking forward to it, but I knew it was coming. The dreaded call from Amy. I had been praying that she wouldn't abandon me. I had lost my husband and I was afraid I would lose her too.

I had just got home from work and my cell phone beeped. I hesitated and then looked. Sure enough, it was her. I took a deep breath and tapped accept call.

He voice was full of tension and we talked. She told me she had promised her Dad that she wouldn't abandon or punish me. Mostly, she wanted to know how I was holding up. I assured her I was doing OK, but I was depressed. I had just made the biggest mistake of my life. Her parting remark told me how she felt.

"I'm so pissed at you for hurting Dad, I wish I was there so I could slap the stupid out of you., Goodbye Mother."

She never called me Mother. It was always Mom. Tears were dripping on my phone as I tapped end call. I sat there for awhile thanking God that she was still in my life.

The second time we talked she started in on me about getting some professional help. I knew she was right and agreed to do something about it. I contacted my primary doctor and he gave me some antidepressants and recommended a counselor. The antidepressants helped a lot and I was able to function more or less normally. I was able to work and take care of myself. My health insurance paid for my counseling so I went three times a week. She tried to keep me from thinking that I was stupid. She couched it in kinder terms, calling it a mistake. It was a mistake, all right. The biggest one of my life.

Don

Now that I had the divorce in the works I decided to rent an apartment. I found one a few blocks from my business and signed a month to month rental agreement. The wanted a lease but I threatened to walk so they agreed. I went shopping a bought just the bare essentials for my bachelorhood. I didn't do the Top Ramen, Campbell's soup for food. I had enough of that in college. I kept stuff for an occasional sandwich, a bowl of cereal and some different liquid refreshment. Mostly I ate out.

Between the counselor, the gym workouts and burying myself in work I stayed pretty busy. A few nights later, I sat watching TV and playing on my computer. I spent quite a bit of time on a poker site I found, playing for play money. I found I could multitask, playing poker and watching TV.

Word got out at the gym that I was getting a divorce and a few ladies started flirting. I didn't encourage it because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I never took them up on their offers. I just wasn't ready yet.

A not so surprising thing was happening at work. Every few days I would find a phone number with a little note on my desk. I didn't know if they were from employees or their girlfriends. I just filed them in the trash. I think Emily was behind most of them, but it was the old, don't ask, don't tell.

I did notice one thing that Emily had brought to my attention. Some of the ladies at work were wearing shorter skirts and I was seeing lots more cleavage. I would get looks with big smiles. It was good for my ego but I stayed away from my employees.

Tina

The time after I signed the divorce papers went better than I expected until.....I missed my period. To understate it, I panicked. Just when I thought I might get my life together this happened. Grasping at straws, I hoped I was late because of everything that had happened. I decided to wait till I was due again.

My next due date rolled around and nothing happened. I bought a test kit and it showed positive. I slid further into my pit of depression. Even the .0001 percent chance that Don would take me back was gone now. Jesus, what a big mess I had made of my life, just for a cheap little thrill that turned out so wrong. I needed some serious help.

I had a horrible decision to make. Do I give birth and keep the baby? Do I give birth and have the baby adopted or do I have an abortion. I eliminated number one immediately. Then I thought about the second one. Would I be able to carry a baby full term and then give it up? Would I bond with it in the late stages of my pregnancy and want to keep it? That would put me back to number one and I didn't want that. An abortion was an option I really didn't like, but I left it on the table. I wished there was someone who had one I could talk to. That would give me an idea of what I might have to deal with after it was done. I decided to talk with my counselor about it.

I used up two sessions talking about it with my counselor. She told me of some women that she knew that had abortions and what she observed them going through. Some had handled it OK, some lived with the guilt for years and she knew of one that actually committed suicide, She couldn't live with the thought that she had murdered a baby. I didn't want to deal with that so I chose having the baby and giving it up.

I made an appointment with my primary doctor and got checked out. He just confirmed that I was pregnant and scheduled an appointment for next month. Because of my age, he wanted to keep close tabs on me.

I remembered all the things I did with Amy to insure a healthy baby. It wasn't the baby's fault and I wanted it to be healthy for the adoptive parents.

Don

My trainer was a hard ass German guy at what I guessed was fifty years old. He had a bit of an accent and was definitely buffed out. At first I thought his plan was to put me in the hospital. If it hadn't been for the Jacuzzi I would have been there. I spent a half hour in it after every session. His pet phrase was, "You work hard, you get hard." After three weeks the pain was almost gone and I was noticing a difference. He would alternate my workouts between using heavy weights for one session and then lots of reps with light ones for the next one. Each session started with some cardio work. I was losing fat and gaining muscle. At the end of one month I reached my target weight. He lightened up on the heavy stuff and we worked on definition with lots of reps with light weights and cardio. Needless to say I was pretty impressed with my progress. I had a nice six pack started.

Things were going great with my counseling sessions too. The gym training helped a lot with my mental fitness. I was starting to feel like a human being again. The anger, hurt and the sadness was fading fast.

Six weeks into my training, Adolf dropped me after giving me a routine to keep me in shape. I set up a schedule of two evenings a week. When I started the evening workouts there was a different group coming in. They were mostly people like me that had jobs to take care of. Another nice thing that happened was I started noticing some of the better looking women there. I mentioned it to my counselor and she just smiled. She cut my schedule back to once a week. I suspected she would cut me loose soon.

I got the phone call from Amy.

"Hi, Dad."

"Hi, sweetheart. How ya doing?"

"I'm good. You'll never guess what."

"OK, then tell me."

"Mom's pregnant."

"Jesus Christ! Really?"

"Yep. She told me this morning."

"Wow. The gods must be really pissed at her."

"I know. She's handling it pretty well. She plans on giving it up for adoption."

"That's probably best. I'm kinda worried about her having a baby at her age. She isn't twenty any more."

"Her doctor says everything is great so far. She's a text book mother to be."

"That's good. Her primary will probably hook her up with a good OB/GYN."

"Oh, and she has the cabin and house up for sale."

"That sounds like she's planning on moving. Any word on that?"

"She didn't say, but I think so too."

"So, tell me, what your plans are for this summer. If you're planning on coming home I need to move. I'm in a little apartment."

"The intern thing fell through so I think I will."

"What about your friend with benefits?"

"Ummm, I had to let him go. He started making marriage noises."

"I guess I'll start looking around for a house."

"Wow. Good idea. Get one with a pool and a hot tub."

"When is your last day of school?"

"The Thursday after next. It's an afternoon class."

"You gonna need help moving?"

"Oh god yes. I have way to much stuff to get it all in my car."

"OK, I'll rent a pickup truck and we can rent a car carrier for you car. I'll show up with the truck on Friday morning. You call the U haul place and reserve the car carrier. Pick up some boxes and get everything packed up and ready to go."

"No problem. Tanya and Ash promised to help me."

"OK, I'll see you then."

"Bye bye, I love you."

"Love you too."

****************

It took me three days to find the house I wanted. It was a three bedroom with a full bath in the master bedroom and a half bath in the two spare rooms. The pool was good sized with a diving board and poles for setting up a volleyball game. The hot tub was big enough to hold six people. I was going to have to learn to grill because there was a huge brick barbecue there too. It looked like it could double for a kitchen.

I had some meager stuff I used with the apartment. I would need more for the house. I spent the weekend in a furniture store. I had to stay home Monday to take delivery on everything. I planned on putting Amy's decorating skills to work. I would let her finish it off. I did get a nice sixty inch LG TV to go with my recliner. I finished it off by moving my internet and cable from the apartment to the house.

Thursday before moving day I rented a pickup truck. I made sure I had an ice chest and some sandwiches made up for the trip. I would pick up some soft drinks and other snacks on the way out.

Friday morning I got up as six am, showered, got dressed and sent Amy a text that I was leaving. I got the usual "K" for an answer. The trip up and back was, thankfully, uneventful. I like uneventful.

We pulled in the driveway and Amy grabbed me and pulled me to the door.

"Hurry. I want to see the house."

"OK, OK."

I unlocked the door and she ran in. She quickly cruised through the rooms and stopped at the back sliding door.

"Wow. Dad. Just perfect. That pool is awesome. Oh, crap. And the hot tub and a barbecue, too. Great choice."

"Glad you approve, cuz you're stuck with it. Now, let's get your stuff unloaded."

We got her stuff moved into her room and I parked in my recliner. About a half hour later I saw her run by in her swim suit. The sliding door hit the stops and I heard a splash and a squeal. Either she was happy with the pool or the heater wasn't working. I decided to join her and changed into my swim suit. I did a monster cannonball right next to her and dunked her. I had to let her get even.