Onyx Dreams Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A reception for the bride and groom will follow the wedding

************************

Isaac's hands began to tremble as he finished reading, his eyes going wide before tossing it upon the fire by the door. "Martha, send word to the apprentices that we are moving to the temple in the hills." He turned his eyes to the messenger and gripped him tightly by the shoulders. "And you boy, travel as fast as the wind will carry you. you must warn Lord Davenport of the danger that is coming to his monastery. Tell him to call the wedding off immediately!"

The messenger looked at Isaac in shock. He hadn't been expecting that kind of answer. "Yes sir!" he stammered as he hurriedly left.

Martha's eyes were wide in fear. They had lives to save. She only hoped the Davenports heeded Isaac's warning. Isaac quickly moved inside with his wife, calling out orders as he marched through the halls. He could only hope they would reach the temple before Cyrus turned his gaze upon them. The temple was a hidden holy place that even the oldest of dragons had trouble finding in good light.

In less than thirty minutes everyone was packed and ready to leave. Martha stood outside and took a last look at the monastery. She was sure if they'd ever see it again but she would make do. Her people always had.

12