Opening Portals

Story Info
Gus looks to head into his future with a worthy woman
8.5k words
4.58
20.1k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PORTAL: entrance, gateway, opening, ingress

Chapter 1

Spring was nearing its end when First Sergeant Argus Mitchell received his honorable discharge. Invalided home from the Middle East with a shattered hip, the marine had been made whole against after a complete hip reconstruction and receiving extensive psychological therapy,

The size of his gratuity made Gus' eyes water.

Gus was roaring to go. Those months of intense hospitalization had come close to breaking him but one particular thing had helped him through and it wasn't the prayers of the well-meaning chaplain: it was the nursing.

Until falling into the hands of compassionate care, Gus had lusted after and left numerous women in his wake like discarded toys. Under that prolonged nursing care he'd learned about the individuality of women, there was more to women than the power of their return hip thrusts and even hardened females more often than not could reveal a soft center.

The nursing staff chided him, educated him and reformed him from his former heartless attitudes. But the Queen Bee amongst them was a buxom redhead physiotherapist assigned to teach him to walk on his rebuilt hip and eventually swim, run, climb and vault until finally he was unable to determine which was his stronger side.

At the stage when gradual improvement convinced Gus his left leg would return to good-as-new condition, he joked with Mrs Bennett: "What about sex?"

Her reply was succinct: "What about sex?"

"Will I be able to work a woman until she's screaming in delight and my left hip won't let me down?"

The trainer save an ambiguous reply that left Gus puzzled: "We'll have to see, won't we? Time's up Gus. You've done well today. Please return to your unit."

Gus returned briskly to the six-bed unit wondering about the use of Mrs Bennett's word 'we'.

Next morning at Mrs Bennett's workout room she locked the door, which was unusual. Minutes later they have their first sexual engagement that left Gus panting and grinning hugely. Mrs Bennett left her Cowgirl position, checked he was physically okay, and then had him stand behind her while she touched her toes, instructing him to bang her doggy style -- although her choice of words were somewhat more refined. Finally she lay on her back and instructed Gus to pump her he ran low on energy.

"How do you feel?" she asked.

"Like I've been put through a Laundromat. I'm rather out of practice."

She chuckled and said she meant his hip.

"What's wrong with my hip. Do you have a complaint?"

"No, you were even better than I'd anticipated. We could do this every second day, revising your rehabilitation program. It appears the perfect physiotherapy for you."

Gus licked his lips.

There wasn't much Mrs Bennett could teach Gus about sex apart from the importance to some women of foreplay and graduated from Mrs Bennett's class as expert in clit teasing.

Gus was given small ceremony where the Sergeant Major presented him with yet another service medal, to go with his other service medals and awards for heroism. Most of the hospital staff turned out for the parade because Gus had been a popular patient, always ready for a laugh and a tease that had softened since his admission to the rehabilitation facility. The Sergeant Major read out details of First Sergeant Argus Mitchell's citations for bravery. The oohs and aahs flowed from the nursing staff, joined by an auburn-headed physiotherapist who'd now idolized Gus because she'd lost weight in recent months due to the revised workouts.

An hour after leaving the camp Gus had purchased clothing, nothing flashy, and a pre-owned nondescript gray Ford. Gus hit the gas pedal and whooped, "Go car go. I've had enough of the Marine Corps and North Carolina."

Where to go hadn't been narrowed right down. With his parents deceased, his sister working in an embassy in China and his brother engaged in post-graduate medical studies in Edinburgh, Gus finally made his choice. He aimed for California and decided to see what happened on the way. All he wanted was adventure in reconnecting with civilian life.

At Knoxville Gus impulsively changed direction for Cincinnati and after a look around then went on to Indianapolis. That broke the long trip to California but since he was reasonably close he thought he'd head for Illinois for no other reason than he'd always liked the name of that state.

Gus entered Illinois having no idea what he'd do as a career. One thing he was sure about after his illicit affairs with soft-centered Mrs Bennett was he'd find a suitable woman to marry and have kids if that's what she wanted. Now thirty-four, he'd been trained as a marine to navigate in the dark over difficult terrain, to parachute, to shoot people dead, kill armed people with his hands, play poker and perform honorably at all times except when mashing the enemy. Of those attributes, playing poker and being of fine upstanding character would be useful in civilian life but he doubted if aware of his other attributes the Mafia or Murder Inc. would take kindly to his ethical attitudes. He had no intention of being retrained.

After leaving Indianapolis Gus stopped for lunch at a small town and feeling horny twice attempted to chat up waitresses. Both asked how much would he pay, so he told them to get back to work. Gus returned to his vehicle and noticed he'd parked almost outside a physiotherapy clinic. In the marines he'd been taught survival techniques including infiltrating the enemy's home ground. This time his quarry would be a nicely rounded physiotherapist because he knew what they were good at doing: coordinating physically. Gus thought out a plan. Collecting his medical file from the trunk he marched forward with a faint smile of a man on a secret mission from which he expected success. Dead easy, huh?

"I'd like to see a consultant practitioner please ma'am."

The tired-faced fat woman receptionist asked, "And you are...?"

"Gus."

She glared. "I mean your full name so I can check my appointment book."

"I want to consult a consultant first."

"You'll need an appointment for that," said the woman, growing noticeably cross.

Gus remained staunch, as trained. "The consultant will decide whether I need an appointment."

The rude woman barked, "Just a minute. She muttered into the phone, "Billie, trouble at front desk. Do I call the security firm? Okay."

She turned to the most unpopular guy she'd faced in a month and practically spat, "Miss Jones the owner of this practice will be with us in a moment."

"You mean she'll be with me, don't you?"

Gus heard the thin-lipped receptionist pass wind.

A cute blonde came through an office doorway looking a little peculiar in her body stance. Gus took it as an amateur she was adopting a defensive unarmed combat position. She looked at Gus -- he was six-two and appeared three feet across -- and she said "Oh God."

Gus figured she didn't mean him.

Cutie asked the receptionist, "What is your problem?"

Before the enemy responded, Gus said, "This rude receptionist insists I make an appointment to see a consultant when I want to see a consultant about whether I should make an appointment."

"Is this what you call a problem Mary?"

"Well yes, but frankly I don't like his attitude. He's too demanding."

The blonde appeared uncertain what to do.

"Are you Billie?"

The blonde looked at Gus surprised and said yes.

"This room beside us is free. Give me a quick consultation. Get Grumpy here to tell your patient you have dysentery and you'll be back in ten."

"I really don't think..." The blonde began laughing. She turned to Grumpy and said, "Mary, please tell Mr Owens I've been unavoidably delayed and will return in ten. I mean ten minutes. Come this way Mr...?"

"Gus."

Billie walked into the side-room and Gus followed, closing the door.

"Um, I would prefer the door being left open."

"Are you afraid of me?"

"No."

"I thought not. Here's my file. I've been driving long hours and thought I should get my hip checked out expertly. So check me out advise should make an appointment."

Examining x-ray film of the fragmentation of his left hip and surrounding area, Billie said. "It's amazing you can walk even when patched-up. Did you fall into a rock crusher?"

Gus grinned. "Good guess but no, a bullet from a sniper with high-power hardware."

"You mean a rifle?"

Gus laughed. "You wouldn't recognize it as a rifle."

'You have wonderful teeth," Billie said, and then looked as if she wished she hadn't said that.

Gus was encouraged. "And you have wonderful breasts."

Billie looked as if she wished he hadn't said that and blushed.

"Hop up on the examination couch and I'll check your hip."

Gus dropped his trousers. He wore very brief briefs. He was offered a gown but jumped up on to the bench without it.

"Oh God, that surgical incision scarring."

"Yeah, they reckon it was a really major job. I had multiple operations. The jerks put me out when I'd requested just painkillers because I wanted to see what they were doing to my body."

Billie felt around the hip and then extended the left leg slightly, pulled away from the body and folded that leg across Gus' right leg, each time asking was there any pain. He said no.

"Well Mr Mitchell..."

"How do you know my name?"

"It says Argus James Mitchell on the cover of your file."

"Ah, you got me there. May I date you tonight?"

"Mr Mitchell, I really do think..."

"I'm just out of long-term in hospital. How else is a guy to get a date unless he asks? You are very cute Billie."

"Gus, I'm engaged."

"That's lovely Billie. All I'm asking for is a date, starting with dinner; I'm not out to engage in providing you with a life-changing new direction. Where is your fiancé tonight?"

"About 200 miles...I shouldn't have said that."

"We can eat at the next town if you're embarrassed."

"Can we?"

"Give me your card. You've thinking yes but I'll call at 6:00 to ensure it's on. Do I require an appointment for manipulation or whatever you guys do?"

"No you're fine but somehow I've seemed to have ended up with the appointment."

"It's how it's done, isn't it? I'm off to book in somewhere."

"Don't bother, Billie sighed and looking awfully cute. "You can stay with me. Whether we sleep together depends on how we get on. Don't phone, call in at 6:15. Everyone will be gone by then. You're a hard-case Gus and very likeable."

"Sorry I embarrassed you by complimenting you on your breasts."

"No guy has ever come out and said it before dating me Gus. That's what got you the date."

"Great Billie. Can't wait to get at them."

Three hours later Gus lay on Billie's bed holding a sizeable length of soft tissue.

"But Gus, I've never stripped for any guy, ever."

"Billie, this thing is no good to you in deflated status. Why aren't you stripping?"

Humming and slowly waggling her ass, Billie began removing her clothes and watched what Gus supported in his hand until it became self-supporting.

Gus was used to women looking awkward as they shed their panties. Billie looked anything but ungainly and did it with so much grace that when the trimmed pussy slid into view Gus's dick dribbled a bit. Billie saw the glistening and said she'd fetch a tissue.

"No, lick it dry."

Watching Billie's cheeks bulge and deflate and then sighting the outline of one-third of his cock against that cheek Gus erupted. Billie gobbled and choked.

"Okay?"

Billie nodded, soaking up tissue after tissue when mopping around her mouth and chin.

Eyes huge, Billie asked: "Have you not had fellatio since being shot? I feel as if I've just had supper?"

The grin across Gus' face was akin to having a couple of Purple Hearts pinned to his chest.

Billie asked shyly, "Could you teach me Cowgirl and Reverse Cowgirl?"

"Sure baby. And anything else you want from my extensive repertoire."

The fiancé was away for three nights so in the morning Gus was invited to stay another two nights.

Finally when they waved goodbye Gus was sure he was leaving behind a more seasoned woman who now had added the qualification of practical sexologist to her qualifications.

* * *

Gus enjoyed the freedom of being on the highway but he became a little too relaxed. In open country three miles after passing a gas station the Ford ran out of fuel. He began to walk back for a can of gas, with virtually no vehicles passing him on the narrow two-lane road. Minutes later two cops on highway patrol did a tire-screeching wheelie and came up behind him, siren stabbing out little warnings to stop.

Gus stopped and maintained a submissive stance, unusual for him. "Good morning officer."

His cheerful greeting had no effect. "Walk back to the vehicle, hands clear of your body," said the cop, hand against his holster. The driver by then was also outside the vehicle, grinning and popping a new piece of gum.

"Spread!"

"What for?"

"It's an offense in this county to loiter on highways. We suspect you of being a male prostitute."

"You have to be kidding."

The beefy guy, half a head shorter than Gus was keen to have his day. He kicked Gus' left leg for the spread and dunked his head on to the hood with a thump.

"Give it to him Charlie," urged the bigger cop. "Show who's boss."

As the cop reached for the back pocket wallet Gus, already coiled, spun aground and swatted the cop, hearing cheek bone crunch. The guy fell, screaming. Gus dived across the hood and brushed the other cop's hand away from his gun. By the time Gus regained his feet the cop had his handgun out. Gus kicked the cop's knee and grabbed the handgun, whacked it across the cop's nose and then put him to sleep with another whack over the head.

Gus was relieved the road was very quiet but just as he lifted the second cop off the road a bearded guy in a red one-tonner came by. "Oh no!" Gus groaned

The driver honked his horn and yelled at Gus, "Way to go brother' and drove on with no sign of accelerating away heavily to summons emergency services. Gus laid the cop out beside the other cop who was groaning, holding his nose. He disabled the vehicle and opened the trunk to find what he wanted: No, not the shotgun, rather the emergency can of gas.

Back at his vehicle, Gus threw the empty can far into a small wilderness and changed into a white shirt. He donned a baseball cap and removed his sunglasses, changing his basic identity as much as he could. Passing the disabled cop car Gus saw the guy with a broken nose talking on the car radio and swore. Obviously they'd had a backup battery. He drove on and the cop, holding a handkerchief to his nose, didn't bother looking at Gus. Within a five minutes three cop cars went by coming from the direction Gus was heading. They were racing towards the two cops in trouble, lights flashing, sirens sounding. Obviously a manhunt would be underway within minutes. Gus knew to keep calm and think. The good thing was the base for the cops was up ahead; not very far away it would appear.

Gus booked into the safest place he could imagine. A boarding house just opposite police HQ and parked the gray car in the rear parking lot as soon as he'd booked in. The woman who ran the joint was nothing to look at and had a big mouth, stupidly telling Gus her husband was away at work and guests who were staying were out doing their business and other guests coming in would not begin arriving until after 3:00. She then invited Gus out the back to have coffee. So he used that opportunity defensively. He invited her to perform fellatio and she didn't have to be asked twice because he was big and handsome.

Cleaning up she revealed her son was a cop and worked across the street.

"Maud, if I shaft you across this table will you forget I was ever here?"

"Yes, provided you give it to me again tomorrow morning about this time. I'm surprised you will do this to an older woman like me. You are a naughty man."

As Gus plugged away with some distaste he hoped her son hadn't been one of the two cops he'd bashed.

Next morning he read in the local newspaper about two cops being bashed by a cop-hating hitchhiker suspected of being a male prostitute. The cop photographed with his nose in plaster described the assailant as five-eleven, hooked nose, weak chin, blonde hair and balding and wearing a smart striped suit. Gus chuckled at the mis-description and wondered if these cops in this town ever got their man unless they caught him red-handed. As he was leaving after paying his discounted bill, a blonde cop entered who rather fitted the description of the assailant.

"Good morning officer," Gus said confidently and the cop nodded and smiled. The cop then continued on and called, "Hi mom. Gosh, you look well, like a cat that's just feasted on cream."

Gus drove carefully that day, not wanting to attract the attention of cops.

* * *

In Chicago, Gus was hired as doorman at a club, popular with young people. But it lasted only five hours. Lenny has led Gus into 'the boss' to be interviewed. Gus had to grin. The boss was tubby, wearing a striped shirt and drop suspenders and a hat and smoking a fat cigar, aping a 1940s Hollywood concept of a gangster.

"What are you grinning at punk?"

"You," Gus laughed.

"Toss him out Lenny. He don't look or talk mean enough to work the door."

Lenny grabbed Gus by the arm, so Lenny howled in pain, looking at his two dislocated fingers.

The boss reached for his right-hand drawer. Gus pushed the desk, pinning the boss and his chair against the wall, ripping the desk phone from its floor connection.

Gus growled, "Do I get the job?"

"The boss nodded and said, "Providing you pull my desk back into its proper position."

"Okay, but if you reach for your gun I'll swat you."

"What gun?" the boss asked, looking puzzled.

"In your top right-hand drawer."

The boss said his cigar had gone out. He kept his lighter in that drawer. "Get your instructions from Jessie in the office downstairs but don't fuck around with her, she's tough."

"Okay boss," Gus said, earning a big smile from his employer. Gus stepped over tough-guy Lenny, on the floor sucking his fingers. At reception he received instructions from Jessie and they were pretty straightforward and the pay was good. But he decided to take the boss's instruction and not fuck around with her. Jessie looked to be at least sixty-five. She was wearing a hat so it was difficult to be more precise about age.

That night at 9:00 Gus took his position at the door. Looking menacing in his black clothes and black hat with white band, Gus told the waiting people, mainly females, to line up in pairs and proceed in orderly when the doors opened. He allowed thirty-six in and then barred entry until a big bunch of noising guys, mostly drunk, arrived. He let them in. An hour later the manager barked into Gus' earphone, "Let more babes in you asshole. That heap of guys you sent in are fighting because there are not enough females in here."

"Right, only females are to go in," Gus said, riled at being called an asshole. He admitted some three hundred females until only guys were left. Someone inside phoned a complaint that the club was illegally over-crowded and women were fighting to get at the insufficient number of guys. The cops arrived. The angry boss arrived. The club was closed down and the cops took the boss and club manager away to book them.

"You're fired, you asshole," the boss screamed at Gus.

Gus waited until nobody was around. He kicked down the door and ignoring the alarm smashed through into the office, ripped the locked steel cabinet under Jessie's desk off its hinges and from the pile of money exposed took his $600 (he was to work till dawn) and walked off, watching two security cars, lights flashing, race to the premises he'd just vacated.