Orange Moon

Story Info
Two couples become closer than they ever expected.
11.1k words
4.59
38.4k
22
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A mottled carpet of leaves flew off the blacktop, and then fluttered back to earth like butterflies descending on a field of sage. Just another hour, thought Brady, returning his attention to the road in front of him. He turned his baseball cap around and depressed his right foot, the force of acceleration driving him deeper into his seat. With a push of a button, fresh air rushed into the cabin to the hum of a sliding glass panel. Brady didn't know that the corners of his mouth had curled upward. He was hundreds of miles away, watching her scurry around the bedroom, late as always.

Just another hour. He recalled the way she flopped backward onto the bed, kicking her legs, yanking the leg openings of her yoga pants past her ankles. She lifted her bottom to let the black tights hug her hips. So cute, he thought, just like a little girl. She shrieked and tried to roll away when he made his move for her, but she wasn't quick enough. His hands pinned her between them, that just-showered fragrance driving him crazy. Damp, wavy hair fell away to bare that special place below her ear. He lowered his head for a nibble but she held tight to an immovable forearm rising from the mattress and turned her naked back to him.We're late already, baby. I promise I'll make it up to you.She looked over her shoulder and winked.You know how I get. It'll be worth the wait.

The satellite radio cut out beneath overhanging branches, and suddenly he was back again. Fragments of light flashed through the canopy of deep greens, crimson, and gold, his eyes struggling to adjust to the strobe-like effect.

"These sunglasses," he said, yanking down the visor. "Useless. Polarized lenses, my ass."

"They're Oakleys. I gave them to you for your birthday?" The voice was directly behind his head. "Remember?"

"Aaannnd I love them." Brady sat up ramrod straight in the driver's seat, his eyeballs big as apples. "Uh... I guess it's just the angle of the sun this time of year, babe."

Tiya cackled. She was riding shotgun, half facing Brady with her shoulders straddling the space between the upholstered door and the leather seat back. Her bare feet were perched together on the polished wood console.

Brady glanced sideways at burnt orange nails and the athletic turn of her calves. She wiggled one big toe at him and continued to laugh.

"Nice recovery, Mr. Smooth." She turned to her friend. "Jane, are you gonna let your husband slide with a weak-ass response like that?"

Brady peered over his shades at the darkly radiant face. "You know, I can unlock your door from here, Tiya. Do me a favor... lean back a little harder and pull that handle, 'kay?" He snatched her elbow. "NO! DON'T! Hand me your wallet first."

"Patriiiick!" She looked at her husband in the back seat, or rather his tight, thick rings of black hair. His head was bent toward the glowing display in his hands. "You gonna let him talk to your wife like that?"

They were winding their way north through rural New England, having left the interstate highway many miles back. The couples were taking a long weekend to do some hiking and to see the brilliant fall foliage. Jane and Tiya had cooked up plans for the excursion a month earlier. It was another one of those deals that sounded harmless enough to Brady in the abstract, especially when the reality of it wouldn't be staring him in the face for weeks. Hiking was cool, but now, embarked on what was really a glorified leaf viewing expedition, he was kicking himself for agreeing to it. He would miss his softball team's playoff game. And as badly as that sucked... hello? Football? He shook his head sadly. It wasn't just football; it was Giants – Cowboys on Sunday. And his brand new, fifty inch flat screen would be cold, dark, and all alone.

Their destination was a one horse town in northern Maine. Jane had a distant cousin, someone Brady had never heard mentioned in six years of marriage, who owned a bed and breakfast in that remote, green corner of America. Having left home at dawn, they had already been on the road for hours. Brady pondered the eminently viewable trees back home, all leafy and, um... barky?

There was one redeeming element to the trip that Brady couldn't overlook. For as long as he had known her, Jane became surpassingly amorous whenever the couple spent the night in an unfamiliar bed. The farther from home, it seemed, the greater her passion. Now even a dreary business layover at a faceless franchise hotel would produce a Pavlov-like response in him. He pictured the impish grin that greeted him whenever Jane bounded onto a strange mattress and bounced on her knees.Wanna fuck, big boy?He tucked his hips and squirmed deeper into his seat, attempting a hands-free adjustment of the dick that had begun to stir.

"Hey guys, this is pretty cool. Check this out." Patrick was in the back seat next to Jane, scrolling feverishly on his tablet. "Shit, where did it go? Oh... yeah. Okay, here it is."

He leaned forward and read from the device, his head looming between his wife and Brady.

"Listen to this. 'The occurrence of the Autumnal Equinox, for many Pagan and Wiccan traditions, is a time of giving thanks for a successful harvest and other blessings. Festivals and ceremonies traced to ancient times often feature offerings to the forces of nature. The Equinox falls on the first day of autumn and is a time of balance of between dark and light. It marks the passing of summer and portends the coming winter, a time of darkness and death.' "

Silence.

"Oh-kaaay, hon, good to know." Tiya measured him with a sideways look.

"No... listen," he said. "This shit goes all the way back to the time of the Druids."

"Who are the Druids?" Jane threw her arm over Patrick's shoulder and stuck her head in the huddle.

"I think it's an Australian football team." Brady steered the Rover around a sweeping river bank.

"Funny. Ignore him, Jane. They were a Celtic priestly class dating all the way back to about 200 BC, maybe earlier. Very mysterious." Patrick was scrolling again. "The goddamn Romans outlawed their asses at one point. Dudes were into some heavy shit... human sacrifices, crazy sex ceremonies, you name it."

"You're absolutely certain we're not talking about Aussie football players. Because that sounds..."

"Ooooh, I wanna hear about the sex ceremonies!" said Jane.

"Honey, this is fascinating. It is." Tiya ran a hand over Patrick's closely cropped beard. "But why are you telling us this?"

"Because today is September twenty-second!"

His three companions looked at him blankly.

"The Autumnal Equinox? Jesus, how thick can you be? We should do something special... a big feast or something."

"As long as there's wine, I'm in." Jane slumped back in her seat.

"Exciting stuff, Pat. Really." Brady reached for the volume control, nodding his head. "Balance... dark, light... got it."

"Okay, screw it." Patrick balled up his sweatshirt and stuffed it like a pillow between his head and the glass. "I'm gonna get some sleep."

A stand of paperbark birch flew by, looking like pickets on a whitewashed fence. Beyond the skeletal trunks, Brady watched a regiment of deer pick through broken stalks in a brown corn field. He thought about the bed that was waiting for him somewhere up ahead and contemplated the ways Jane might make good on her promise. He just needed to find a way to make the next hour bearable.

Jane and Tiya weren't helping. Since relieving Patrick behind the wheel he was treated to non-stop adolescent banter peppered with double entendre and fits of laughter. The ex-roommates typically got this way after killing a bottle of Pinot Grigio together, but something strange had been in the air all day.

Tiya grinned wickedly as the conversation became more openly sexual and the women shared opinions on everything from vibrators to porn genres. The girls' suggestive talk held Brady in a sort of suspended pre-arousal state.

"Hmmm... I think I like interracial scenes best, Janie." Tiya playfully nudged Brady's ribs with a big toe. She was clearly enjoying his discomfort. "Black girls taking on really hung white guys."

"You guys know I'm here, right?" Brady asked. He looked down and patted his chest and arms. "I am, aren't I?"

They ignored him.

Listening to Jane's critique of personal lubricants, Tiya yawned and stretched one long leg, her toes brushing Brady's semi-erect penis. Without thinking, he closed a hand around the warm foot and pressed his thumb into her arch. They both froze. This was an accident, right?

"Tiya?"

"Hmmm? Oh. No, um... " She looked at Brady, who quickly returned his eyes to the road ahead. "We, uh... I never tried that stuff."

Brady slowly released his breath, thanking God his wife was seated directly behind him. That would not have been easy to explain, he thought.

Then it happened. Tiya pushed a little harder - no doubt about intent this time - and Brady felt a warm release in the pit of his stomach. He need only move her foot a few inches away from his groin to preserve propriety and to maintain the all-important pretense of innocence. He couldn't. He held her sole against the growing flesh in his faded jeans.

A discreet turn of his head allowed him to take in her lightly muscled, caramel colored thighs. White panties inside the leg opening of her khaki shorts greeted him when she dropped open her knee. The surge between his legs, he knew, she couldn't miss.

What am I doing? He asked himself. What isshedoing? Tiya was practically family. Family with a husband in the back seat, that is. He checked Patrick's dozing reflection.

Brady knew he wasn't the most perceptive guy around but he had picked up a peculiar vibe from the girls from the moment they all climbed into Patrick's new Land Rover. It was an atmosphere he couldn't quite define. And now this.

Tiya gamely recovered and continued her conversation with Jane while her toes stroked the granite that now extended down his thigh beneath a threadbare layer of denim. Brady's heart pounded and his skin flushed with heat. Tiya, a close friend for as long as he'd known his wife, was actually feeling his cock. Check that. His hard cock. She curled her big toe and firmly probed the puffy outline of his mushroom shaped head.

"Unghhhh..."

"Honey, you okay?'

"Uh, yeah babe... I," Brady shifted in his seat and toggled his head back and forth. "I guess my neck's a little stiff from driving."

"A little stiff, Brady?" Tiya lowered her head and raised her eyebrows. She slid her heel back, nudging his balls. "You want me to massage it, baby?"

The speedometer needle rose steadily past vertical.

"No." Brady found the fleshy part of her little toe and rolled it between his fingers. "I'll be fine once we get there."

*****

The tip of Jane's tongue poked from the corner of her mouth as she dipped a shoulder and drew back her arm. With a flick of her wrist, a flat projectile skipped across the shimmering surface before disappearing with a plop.

"Six, bitch!" She tucked her fists close to her chest and moved her arms in a circular motion to the timing of her slowly gyrating hips. "Oh-yeah – I-beat-you – you-know-it..."

Tiya stood with one hand on her hip and batted her eyes. "Baby, you arewaytoo white to be doing that."

Jane blew a lock of red hair off the bridge of her freckled nose and brushed her dusty hands together. The golden light of the afternoon sun warmed her face and clung like batter to the ferns at the edge of the forest.

"Sore loser." She threw a jab at Tiya's shoulder as they resumed their stroll along the river trail.

"Hey! That actually hurt."

"Serves you right for playing footsie with my husband today."

Tiya froze in her tracks. "Oh my God, you noticed? Jane, I am SO sorry. It... it just... happened. I've been so worked up from, you know... what we've talked about? I...I..." She dropped her head resignedly and blew out a long sigh. "Do you hate me?"

Jane regarded her friend appraisingly. A snug, black singlet and tan cargo shorts accentuated her coppery brown skin and sable hair. Do I hate her? She asked. Nearly six feet tall and as graceful as a gazelle, Tiya would be easy to hate. Jane had heard all the adjectives: beautiful, striking, sexy. She couldn't take issue with any of them.

They had started together at an advertising firm right out of grad school. Within weeks they were inseparable. They worked ridiculous hours, partied even harder, and soon moved in together. They went through boyfriends like sixpacks of beer. And when Jane's thoughts turned to the future, the Maid of Honor question was answered before she'd even met Brady.

When Tiya accepted an offer to be head of marketing for a small technology firm, her career took off. Jane continued to do well, steadily moving up the ranks in her company but Tiya flew from one high level position to the next, her face regularly appearing in industry journals. There had been a long period of tension, Jane hating the jealousy she felt. But when Tiya tearfully confided one day that she and Patrick were going through a difficult stretch, something changed. It was like a heavy weight was lifted and the women resumed their sister-like relationship.

"Relax. I should be thanking you." Jane hooked her arm inside Tiya's and began walking. "He practically tore my clothes off in front of the lady who helped us with our bags. He fucked me right up against the door. I'm sure she heard us."

"Grrr... rough sex. Where is he now?"

"Sleeping like a baby, when I left him." Jane looked at the treetops and shook her head.

"So... you're really not mad? Janie, I don't know what got into me."

Jane wasn't sure what she felt. Mad? In truth, the desire she saw on Tiya's face while touching her man turned Jane on in a way that surprised her. No, not mad. Like Tiya, she had been in a low grade state of arousal since they had begun talking about what might happen that weekend. And no one understood the power of Brady's magnetism better than she did. His powerful, lean muscles, the playful gleam in his eyes, and his smooth Alabama drawl regularly attracted the attention of females. She had come to enjoy the looks of envy they tried to hide from her. As for Tiya's behavior, she decided to take the high road and consider it an early start on their plans.

Unsettled would be a better word to describe what she felt. She had an uneasy sense that the events they were about to set in motion might be beyond her ability to control. Brady had never given her any reason to doubt his faithfulness. Still, he hadn't mentioned the encounter in the car, had he?

"Nnnn-no, I'm not mad, exactly. I've been horny as hell all week myself." She stopped and looked into the brandy colored eyes that flittered back and forth between hers. "Just remember to ask me next time you want to cop a feel off my husband."

With two bounding steps, Jane sprung onto a boulder that rose out of the river near the path. Water spilled loudly over smaller rocks below her feet.

"So... you still want to go through with this?" Tiya took the hand extended to her and clambered onto the rock. "Are you sure Brady will go along with it?"

The idea had come to Jane in bed one night. She and Brady were naked and she was on her back, stretched on top of his long body. She always loved that. They talked quietly in the darkness while his hands moved over her skin, leaving goose bumps in their wake. There were times she had come in gentle waves from his tender explorations. He would tease her standing nipples while a slippery finger lazily brushed her clit. She somehow felt closest to him when they were like this. She wriggled her bottom and felt his erection separate her cheeks. It never failed to give her a thrill and even a guilty sense of pride when he became hard for her.

They liked to turn each other on by imagining themselves with other partners; with people they knew or attractive strangers they just happened to see. It might be another girl for him or another guy for her. Jane might be tied down with silk scarves and fucked by the eighteen year old pizza delivery kid and his cute friend. A blindfolded Brady might be asked to guess whether it was Jane's pussy or her sister's he was tasting.You'd better get it right.It was sexy game and one that always ended with intense fucking.

Brady's fingers separated her lips as his other hand traveled slowly over her fuzzy mound toward her sex. His husky voice breathed in her ear.Truth is, babe, I don't want to share you.What if he didn't have to, she wondered. What if they brought another couple into their bedroom and let them watch? Maybe they would get to watch as well. The idea thrilled her. No violation of the marriage compact. No opening of a forbidden door. She could think of little else. Within a week she had approached her closest friend.

"Brady? He'll lose his mind. We've fantasized about this kind of thing for ages." She watched two dragonflies duel inches above a tiny eddy that danced among the rocks. "Besides... he's crazy about you. With you there..."

"WHAT? No."

"C'mon, he's had a crush on you forever. Don't act like you don't know it." Jane picked up a broken stone and studied it. She shrugged her shoulders. "It's okay, he's a healthy male. Hey, I think Patrick is pretty hot... that sexy beard over his dark skin, those enormous shoulders, his ..."

"Okay, okay... so we all have the hots for each other." She took the stone from Jane's hand and sent it arcing toward the slowly shifting waters. "By the way, you never mentioned how easy it is to get Brady... motivated."

"If things go well you'll see just how motivated he can be." Jane bobbed her eyebrows.

They stood together watching the great, rolling course change shape and color as it rippled over rocks and caught the breeze on its face.

"How do you think we should approach them?" Tiya asked. "Patrick doesn't like things sprung on him suddenly. He might need some time to warm up to something like this."

"They're guys. It's pretty simple." Jane studied the lone cloud moving lazily overhead, its grey core surrounded by blinding white. She turned to her friend. "We dress like sluts and get them drunk; what else? That's how we got them to begin with, right?"

Tiya snorted. "So... tonight, right? No excuses, no procrastination. We do this."

"We do this."

*****

"I still can't believe you woke me up to go grocery shopping." Brady shook his head. "I can't believe I said yes."

Patrick eased the Rover over the washboard dirt of the driveway and parked in front of Crane's Guest House.

"Do you ever stop bitching? C'mon, this'll be great." Patrick hit a button on the dash and the rear hatch lifted open. "We have everything we need for an authentic Mabon feast. I talked to Jane's cousin. Sarah, right? And she said we could have the back yard to ourselves tonight. She has a beautiful grill back there and a state of the art kitchen I would kill for."

Brady knitted his eyebrows as his companion shoved a fourth brown paper bag into his arms. He tilted his head and looked at Patrick with an expression of fascination.

"My God. I'm looking at the only black nerd in America."

"That's funny, white boy."

Brady was still trying to sort out the day's events. What happened with Tiya still had him rattled. He had spent the entire day lusting over his own wife, a wife he loved, he reminded himself. And then, out of nowhere, another woman was rubbing his cock and he loved it. He had to admit he more than loved it; he encouraged it. The question that had haunted Brady was what might have happened if the two of them had been alone somewhere.

The question wasn't academic. Tiya was a fixture in their lives. He thought about the way she hooked his arm when they walked together and the frequent accidental touches. He knew full well his hand lingered a little too long and low over the small of her back when he pecked her cheek and that his eyes moved a little too freely over her when she talked. Yet he had convinced himself that these and other small intimacies were just innocent manifestations of familiarity and affection.