Orc Dominion: Triumph Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good luck Master Drauken. Stay safe and be careful who you trust. The traitor is still out there."

Drauken nodded and began running towards the merchant quarter. How will I know which one it is? I suppose we'll just have to take everyone we can, but hold them in custody before taking them into our council. The streets were quiet and a tension filled the air, as if everyone in the city knew that something terrible was happening. The feeling of oppression started to consume him as well, and dread filled him with every step he took.

His premonitions proved true as he approached the merchants quarter and saw flames licking at the night sky. The acrid smell of smoke permeated the streets, and in the distance, screams. The Guild Master slowed his pace and stayed in the shadows as he made his way towards the Guild Hall.

The Queen's soldiers surrounded it, and he could see the smiths being rounded up in chains, merchants being executed in the street. Drauken clenched his teeth as he saw the Master Smith, Boris, being dragged out of the hall. A burly orc struck off his head as he demanded to see the Queen. I'm too late, the Guilds are done. I have to get home, Melora can get my gold-Melora! Fear gripped his heart tighter as he thought of the elf. If they got to the Guilds they might be at my manse already! He left the Guilds behind and ran to his own home.

Drauken breathed a sigh of relief as he saw it unmolested. He quickly ran through the door and bounded up the stairs. "Melora! Melora!" He ran into the office space and saw her tight, pert ass encased in leather pants bent over his desk going through his papers. "Rouse the servants, we have to load the strongboxes and get out of the city as quickly as possible!"

Melora's leather cuirass creaked as she turned around and drew her sword from its scabbard.

"What are you-" Drauken's breath stopped short as he felt a piercing pain in his belly. He looked down into Melora's eyes, and then down to the blade impaling him. A last strangled gasp escaped his lips as she twisted the blade, and then he fell into blackness.

****

Not that she knew it, but Jasmara stood on the same spot on the hill that Henry had a day earlier, overlooking the fields outside of Dromstadt. She could see her brother's army in a defensive formation with rough earthworks protecting their lines. I could join them, she thought, sneak through the lines and see my brother again, fight by their side and end this war.

But her gaze drifted across the field to the Hesten army moving into battle position. It looks so small from here. She quickly scanned the ranks and noted the missing Thestan soldiers. Before she could think on what that meant she spotted Henry, looking impatient at the front of the army. He must be waiting for me, she realized with a grim smile.

I could join Belkor and fight in the battle, or I could go down there and eliminate Henry. She wanted to: she hated him for allowing Daniels to torture her. To rape her. The only pang of guilt she felt was for Sylvia. The woman had been kind to her, a friend even. She wouldn't be here now if not for the aid she was given. Did she mean for me to kill Daniels if he tried to rape me, she wondered? But a darker thought nibbled at the back of her mind. Or did she intend for me to kill myself.

The orc princess began walking down the hill towards Henry's army. She had managed to cobble together a passable uniform from the soldiers she had killed. Unfortunately, she still bore the wounds from the fight with Daniels and his men. I can't fight a battle, she thought, but there is something else I can do. Another smile crossed her face at the irony.

Fortunately she didn't run into any sentries as she approached Henry's army from the rear. He must think he has the orcs all bottled up against the city. Even though it worked in her favor, she couldn't help but question it. Or he is trusting in Belkor to stick to his defensive strategy. It appears to be working, though he hadn't counted on my escape.

She knew that if anyone looked to closely at her she was doomed. The green skin of her face and the tusks protruding from her jaw would immediately give her away. She was counting on people being too focused on the orcs in front that they wouldn't be looking at one coming from behind. Even still, she tipped the brow of her kettle helm a little lower to help hide her face.

Jasmara didn't want to die here, and killing a King usually resulted in instant death. But she had a plan, one that hopefully would kill Henry, keep her alive, and win the battle. This will become the stuff of legends if it works.

Her heart raced as she strode between the columns of soldiers. Long experience in the army had taught her that if you moved like you knew what you were doing then more often than not people would allow you on your way. She could see Henry in the distance, sitting atop his horse. He must be getting impatient. Jasmara tightened her grip around the shaft of the spear. He'll have sent runner to see what happened. He might even think I'm one of them returning.

She stepped out of the ranks and made a sharp turn to approach Henry and the cluster of guards around him. This is it. One of his knights pointed her out thinking she was a messenger. Henry turned, and his eyes widened as he recognized him. Jasmara hefted her spear and hurled it, just as Amelie had shown her all those years ago.

It slammed into the King, knocking him from his horse. She immediately turned and ran towards the orc lines. The soldiers closest to her, those that saw it happened immediately began to pursue. Down the line others followed, thinking the order had been given to advance. The soldiers of the northern lords charged towards the orcs' prepared position, completely outnumbered without the Thestan support.

Now I just have to hope my brother's men don't cut me down!