Orc Dominion: Zentara Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeanette bit her lip as she decided how to explain herself to Susannah. "You don't understand what it's like, Susannah. You're still a maiden...when you become a woman, when you've been with a man...it's an awakening. You learn to miss it...to need it."

Susannah bit her lip, mulling it over in her mind. "Is that really true? I've wondered what it's like. I've heard so many different things. Is it really worth all the trouble? I mean, is it worth what it's putting you through now?"

"It is, Susannah. You will understand that one day. I know that's not really an explanation or what you want to hear, but it's the truth."

"So...what is Chief Turogg like, then? I mean, do you only make love, or are you in love?" Susannah leaned in closer to get every nuance she could from Jeanette.

"I don't know...maybe? It's so very confusing...I mean, there's a strong, physical attraction. I love being with him, making love with him. I know he likes me, or at least, is possessive of me. I don't know if it's love though...I don't even know what love is." Jeanette chuckled softly. "I know I'm supposed to be the wise, knowledgeable one, Susannah, but I find I am quite lost in this whole thing. I'm...following my heart, without thinking about where it is taking me." Jeanette sighed a bit, and looked into Susannah's eyes to see if she was making any sense to her friend.

Susannah did seem lost, until the last part, when dawning showed in her eyes. "Oh, well of course you have to follow your heart Jeanette. If you follow your heart, you'll find happiness, even if you don't understand where it is taking you."

Jeanette smiled at Susannah's naïve assurance that the heart will always lead to happiness. She hoped it was true. This game she was playing was so perilous. Was she in love? Is that why she went along with everything he wanted, why it felt so good?

"Thank you. I hope you're right. It's exciting, and scary, and so confusing. I've been so worried, but also so happy, and hopeful. I didn't know what to think or feel." Jeanette smiled at her friend. "But it does feel better to talk about it. Thank you for being my friend through all of this. I don't think I could have asked for anyone better."

"You're too kind, Your Highness. You're my friend; there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. I know you would do the same for me as well." Susannah smiled and hugged Jeanette. "I'm glad you know that, Susannah. I wish I had some way to repay you for all this."

Susannah giggled softly. "Why not find me a husband who can make me feel the way you do?" Susannah blushed a bit at the suggestion. Jeanette started at Susannah for a long time, and then a smile broke on her lips. "I shall see what I can do, Susannah. I will find someone who is rich, young, strong and virile. Someone who has an exalted title that will make you a great lady." Susannah smiled back at Jeanette and giggled.

"All that, yes. But also someone fashionable, that will be welcome at court so I can continue to see you." Jeanette smiled at that. "Oh I wouldn't dream of you leaving, my dear. Not until you have at least half a dozen children to keep you busy at home!"

Susannah laughed a little louder at that. "Wouldn't that be lovely? You better start looking soon, Your Highness. I'm sure my father will select a husband any day now."

"Don't you worry my dear." Jeanette handed Agmar to Susannah. "I will ensure your father doesn't send you off anywhere anytime soon. Now please put Agmar to bed, I need to return. There is much work to do before the coronation!"

Jeanette left the room and returned to her chambers. It was now nearing midday and she still hadn't officially "rose" for the day. When she made it back into her room through the secret passage, she summoned her servants so they could bathe and dress her, and then let it be known she would receive visitors in her reception room if any needed her attention.

After Jeanette had been sitting a short while, Sir Drake was announced by Daniels. "Your Highness, how good to see you again. If you have a moment, there are a few items I need to discuss with you."

Jeanette took a moment to steel herself, then looked up and smiled at Sir Drake. "Of course Sir Drake, what is on your mind?" Sir Drake's eyes dropped to the neckline of Jeanette's dress, before he finally pulled his gaze back up and gave her a crooked smile. "This is a bit awkward for me, Your Highness, but there is something you should know. It would seem that one of the local brothels put on a tawdry show, with a harlot dressed up as you "servicing" a gang of orcs."

Jeanette flushed deeply at the thought that a rumor of what had occurred had reached back to Sir Drake. "That is astonishing, Sir Drake, and appalling. Do such things really go on in the city?" Jeanette tried to feign outrage at the event she herself participated in. "In the lower slums of the city, yes Your Highness. With all the orcs in the city, some of the houses of ill repute have begun to cater to their needs. Apparently the show was quite popular among the orc guests of the city, from what I hear."

Jeanette squirmed in her seat as Sir Drake continued to devour her with his eyes. "How did this tale get back to you?"

"Oh, you know me, Your Highness, I always have my ear to the ground. I told you I had informants among the orcs, so it shouldn't be surprising. I know which brothel it was that put on the show, though the girl herself disappeared after the performance. I want you to know, Your Highness, that I shall not rest until I've tracked the strumpet down and seen that she is punished for degrading your good name." Sir Drake's oily smile sent a shiver down her spine, and made her wonder what he meant by 'punish'. Then Jeanette realized that she didn't want him investigating this, because the trail could only lead back to her.

"That is quite alright, Sir Drake. The poor girl was doubtless pressured into it by some pimp. The people need their little amusements, our orc guests included. No harm was done, so there is no need to seek retribution on my behalf."

Sir Drake gave her a long, leering look. "You mean to say, Your Highness, that you're alright with the brothels in the city putting on performances where whores mimicking you are gang raped by a horde of orcs?"

His bald way of putting it made Jeanette flinch, but she quickly settled herself and resumed her mask of calm. "Certainly I don't condone what they did, Sir Drake, but I suppose I can understand it. I highly doubt that this is a prelude to rebellion. It's a farce, and that is all. If it made the owner of the brothel richer for a night, I will collect my due from him when it is time for him to pay his taxes."

"If that is your wish, Your Highness, I shall let it be. I will be alert for future performances though. It is important to know what the people are saying and thinking about you after all, Your Highness. There is another matter I wanted to discuss with you. There have been a few changes to the format of the coronation."

Jeanette frowned. "Changes? It's late for that, isn't it? The coronation is tomorrow! What has happened?"

"A few minor things, Your Highness. For instance, Chief Turogg has gifted you with a dress that he would like to see you wear at the coronation."

Jeanette's mind spun with the knowledge that Chief Turogg was speaking to Sir Drake about these things. She was almost certain that this did not come up at the meeting this morning. So when did they discuss it? "A dress? I'm afraid Chief Turogg may not be familiar enough with the customs of our fashion to choose a dress. When did he bring it to you?"

"After the meeting, he was approached by one of the orc merchants in the city who showed him the dress and the cloth. He then returned to the castle and showed it to me, since I am in charge of the ceremony." Sir Drake seemed confident enough, but Jeanette sensed there was something wrong here. If Chief Turogg wanted her to wear a certain dress, he would just tell her directly. Why would he go through Sir Drake? On the other hand, why would Sir Drake make up a story about Chief Turogg wanting her to wear a dress? It didn't make any sense, but she didn't think she was going to get a straight answer from Sir Drake.

"Where is the dress now? I'd like to see what Chief Turogg thinks is an appropriate dress."

"I'm afraid it's being altered for you now, Your Highness. It is with your seamstress who is making it ready for tomorrow. There are a few other matters as well. In honor of our alliance with Chief Turogg, I believe he should be given the honor of helping to vest you in the royal symbols tomorrow, along with Duke Frederick, myself, and the daughter of Duke Vender."

Jeanette smiled at the idea, pleased with the notion of Chief Turogg being there at this important moment in her life. "A splendid notion, Sir Drake. It is a great honor, and well deserved. I'm sure he will be most appreciative to be included in such a momentous event."

"No doubt he will be, Your Highness. There is one last change to the ceremony I would like to go over with you. Ordinarily, as you know, the coronation is preceded by the procession of the crown through the streets by a young lady. Given the tenseness of the current situation with Heste, and well, no offense intended Your Highness, but with your youth, I thought it would be better for you to march through the city to the castle, and be met there by the crown and other symbols of the monarchy. So the people will see you, and appreciate that your comfortable assuming sovereign responsibility in such a trying time."

Jeanette didn't like the look on Sir Drake's face. She didn't like any of these last minute changes, and was sure there was something more going on here. Still, what Sir Drake said made sense, and if Chief Turogg did pick out a dress for her, she would love for the whole city to see her in it. "That sounds reasonable enough, Sir Drake. I certainly have no issue with going through the city, I've done it often enough. I think it might be better, actually, to have the people see their Queen directly on the day of the coronation. A Queen should be among her people."

"I am so pleased to hear you feel that way, Your Highness. It will be an event the people talk about for a generation or more. The rest of the day should go as previously discussed. After you are vested with the royal emblems, you will have the opportunity to address the court. Then, there will be a feast in the castle for the nobility, and feasts in the quarters of the city for the people."

"That sounds excellent, Sir Drake. I think I should like to walk the city again after the ceremony, so I can join the commoners in their feasts."

Sir Drake grinned widely again at that. "Of course, Your Highness. I am sure they will be delighted to have such a personal audience with you."

"Where will the orcs be seated during the feast?"

"Chief Turogg will be to your left, and seated next to him will be his brother. The rest of the orcs that were invited into the castle will be seated at one of the lesser tables. On your other side will be Duke Welton and Lady Susannah."

Jeanette nodded in approval of the arrangement. "Excellent. You've done a splendid job organizing this, Sir Drake. I'm sure it will go without a hitch."

Before Sir Drake could respond, there was a frantic shout from outside the receiving room, and a dirty, disheveled looking messenger burst into the room. "Your Highess, I have news from the Lyskean Pass. Hesten raiders have entered into Zentara and have burned several villages and homesteads along the border!"

Jeanette gasped and rose from the table. "What? When? How many of them?"

The messenger panted for breath and tried to steady himself. "They came in two weeks ago. Several hundred of them. They come through the pass, attack, and return to the army encampment of the other side."

Sir Drake asked, "What is the commander of our forces doing to stop them?"

"I cannot answer that, Sir. I left immediately after the first attack. There should be more riders coming in after me to bring you more information."

"How many villagers have died? Where are the survivors headed?" Jeanette was concerned for the survivors, now refugees. It was hard enough to live out in the villages without your homes being destroyed. "Several hundred dead, most like. The survivors are with the army camp, or were when I left."

"I see. Thank you for riding so quickly to get here. You may go. I'll have you brought to the kitchen so you can eat, and then get cleaned up. You've earned a rest."

"Thank you, Your Highness." The messenger bowed and left, and Jeanette turned to Sir Drake. "Sir Drake, go and get me Duke Welton, then meet me back here. We have much to discuss."

"Of course Your Highness, at once." Sir Drake left, leaving Jeanette alone with her thoughts. She knew that the conflict could start at any moment, but it was still a shock now that it had. She hadn't even been crowned yet and was leading the Kingdom into a war. This was new territory for Jeanette and Zentara, which hadn't seen a real war in over a hundred years. Without the example of her parents to guide her, she would have to trust the experience of Chief Turogg, the wisdom of Duke Welton, and in her own common sense to see her through this crisis.

After she met with Frederick and Sir Drake she would need to see Chief Turogg. Though they had agreed in principle to collaborate for the campaign, it was time for a more concrete agreement to be reached. Her thoughts were interrupted by the return of Sir Drake with Frederick.

"This is terrible news, Your Highness. If only we had more time to prepare..." Frederick looked worried, now that their plans had been pushed up by the sudden assault. "We shall have to do the best we can, Your Grace. First we must decide how to respond."

Sir Drake chimed in, "We should march on the Lyskean Pass and occupy it now, that will prevent them from crossing through."

"That will likely provoke the Hestens into a direct attack against our army, which we're not ready for" Frederick snapped back. "Duke Welton is correct, we must not seize the pass yet, unless we see signs that their army is going to. What do you think of engaging their raiders with skirmishers of our own? Keeping the conflict small scale, for now?"

"It is a lot of ground to cover, Your Highness. We will not be able to intercept all their raiding parties. Hundreds more will die." Leave it to Sir Drake to find the most painful reasoning against her plan, she thought. Frederick came to her air, "It is a regrettable, though necessary sacrifice. We need time to bring Chief Turogg's army to the front. If they want to provoke us with raids instead of an invasion, I say we let them."

"Then it is decided. Your Grace, I need you to ride for the army and take command of the defense. You're the only one I trust to keep the enemy distracted until we get there."

"I'm deeply honored Your Highness. I shall ride at once. I only regret that I will not be here for your coronation." Jeanette sighed softly as she realized that he would miss it. "It is too bad, Your Grace. Perhaps your son would be willing to step in for you?"

"That would be a great honor, Your Highness. Thank you." Frederick was glad that his son was being honored, but also glad that he would miss out on the fighting when Zentara was in the weaker position. "I will not keep you any longer then, Your Grace, you will be busy getting ready."

Frederick bowed and left, leaving Sir Drake alone with Jeanette. "Sir Drake, find Chief Turogg and bring him here, alone. Then leave us."

Sir Drake nodded and went to find Chief Turogg for Jeanette. When he arrived and Sir Drake had left, Jeanette smiled at him. "Thank you for coming, Chief Turogg. I'm sure Sir Drake explained to you what has happened. It is time for commitment, even if all the details from our end have not been decided yet."

"I understand, Jeanette. I have sent a rider to me people, they will be at the human camp in nine weeks."

"That is a long time, but I don't see how they can move any faster. I've sent Duke Welton to command the human camp, and to harry their forces until your force can arrive."

"That is good, Jeanette. If he provides time, we can smash them. I do not doubt it." Chief Turogg gave her a confident grin. "We have six weeks to finish negotiations before I must travel to join my forces in the camp."

Jeanette smiled, and then rushed forward to give him a hug. "I have no doubt that we will come to an agreement, Chief Turogg. Thank you for all your help." Chief Turogg was surprised, but wrapped his arms around Jeanette.

"I have sent Bodak to gather my forces and lead them into Zentara. From now on it will be Sir Drake and me in negotiations."

"I see. Well, that is fair and will satisfy the agreement we made. Though I am curious, Chief Turogg, where did the idea for my dress at the coronation come from?"

Chief Turogg gave his familiar, low guttural chuckle. "Sir Drake asked me if I would like to contribute at all to your coronation. Since we are so close, I thought it would be great to give you a present. I did not know what would be a good gift, and Sir Drake suggested a dress. I thought I knew just where to find the material for one, then it was just a matter of picking a design, but we managed it."

Jeanette game him a long look, digesting his words. He had a different story than Sir Drake, which made her only wonder more what the relationship between the two was. She didn't have time to think about that though. "Thank you for the gift, then. I am sure it will be lovely."

Chief Turogg reached to Jeanette's face to brush his fingers through her hair while his other hand stroked down her back to cup her rear. "I'm afraid I do not have time for this right now, Chief Turogg. I have to prepare the speech for tomorrow, and prepare mentally for the coronation."

Chief Turogg grinned at her. "If you say so Jeanette, I can wait. Perhaps it will be better this way. I look forward to fucking the crowned queen of Zentara. I shall look for you tomorrow after the feasts. Be ready and waiting for me, Jeanette." Chief Turogg left, leaving Jeanette to prepare for tomorrow's event.

12