Orphan Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

Alexander could hear the worry in her voice. He didn't understand why she would be so concerned. In the midst of their first kiss he accepted that she was his and he was hers down to his very marrow. She could tell him anything and it would make no difference at all. As long as he could be with her Alexander would move heaven and earth, scatter his beliefs to the wind if it meant keeping her at his side.

He took her hand and rose, reveling in the simple but sensual context of their fingers twining together.

"The sun is going down, let's take a walk Alexander."

He could see that indecision clouded her eyes. His thumb caressed her temple as his fingers slipped into her hair. "Don't worry Jenabel, whatever it is I have already accepted it. I don't know what this all is, what the feelings I have for you mean, but I will be here, be...yours for as long as you will have me."

His words brought more tears to her eyes which were quickly wiped away by his gentle finger.

"I know you will Alexander, I know it here." She moved her fingertips over her heart.

"Come on, let's get out of here."

Jenabel opened the door. They walked down the short hall to find her parents and Brad in the large communal room. Sophie moved surprisingly quickly, wrapping Alexander in a powerful hug.

"Thank you for defending my daughter Alexander, I don't know what we would have done if..." Her whispered words trailed off as she clung to him. He felt her relief, her love for her daughter and her love for...him." He was struck hard with the knowing of it. He held onto her just as tightly and another new depth of emotion was revealed to him.

'Is this what it feels like to love and be loved by a mother, to have this kind of simple but intense level of acceptance?'

Sophie could feel Alexander's questions as she held him tightly. She wept silent tears that such a man should be so alone in the world.

'That ends now.' She thought as she released him, patting his shoulder gently before returning to Carl's side.

Carl looked over Alexander with a critical eye. He could see the stress of the day as well as the increasing stress of new emotions weighing heavily on him.

"Alexander, take a deep breath son, there is nothing for you to worry about. All of us are here for you now. I know today has been a whirlwind. Please trust me when I say it is absolutely okay for you to feel overwhelmed, anyone in your position would."

Alexander looked at Carl. He saw a strong father, a strong leader, he wanted to trust him but Alexander's own deeply rooted instincts made it difficult for him to simply accept and trust the Benton's.

"What position am I in Mr. Benton? So many things have happened in the last few hours most of which I have no frame of reference for." Alexander stood straighter, his shoulders leveling as he continued.

"Your daughter is my mate Mr. Benton. I don't have the first clue as to what that means." His gaze shifted to Jenabel as he continued, his voice dropping low. "My feelings for her are beyond anything I ever imagined I would have." Turning his attention back to Carl and Sophie, Alexander met their steady gaze.

"But I can't put a name to them. I have no experience to tie them to a definition. Sophie, you have been nothing but kind to me from the moment we met. I instantly felt safe in your presence. I haven't felt safe with anyone...ever. Now it seems I am part of something that is inexplicable, and that by being a part of it, my life has changed without my having any say in it."

Alexander turned to Jenabel.

"You and I have just met Jenabel. The first conversation we ever had just ended two minutes ago. You mean more to me in this moment than anyone ever has. I know you have an explanation. And I want to hear it. You should know that it won't make any difference. I'll do anything in my power to be near you. I find I have no choice in the matter. That doesn't necessarily bother me. However, it is very, very different from anything else I have ever experienced. I need some time alone, to process all that has happened, put it in perspective before I hear what you have to say."

He could see the sadness bloom bright in her eyes. It tore at him that he was the cause and he pulled her into his arms. His whispered words to her said against her warm soft neck were strong.

"You didn't hear me Jenabel; you only heard I need to be alone. I said I would do anything to be with you, to stay with you, and I will, but this is all so very new for me, please understand it is not a rejection at all it is simply who I am, how I need to process all that has happened."

Her hands clutched at his back as she nodded into his shoulder. He could feel her warm tears falling, soaking through his shirt and he thought his heart would surely break.

She pulled away from him, a brave smile on her beautiful lips.

"Come back when you are ready Alexander, I will be waiting."

With a gentle squeeze of her hand he walked out into the coming night, his own head and heart the battle ground where he would face his fears as he always had...alone. Or so he thought.

-vVv-

Willow followed Alexander as he walked away from the Alpha's house.

It had been a wild afternoon. She was quite pleased about being right that Alexander was one of them. She didn't understand how everyone hadn't known it. But there was no denying it now.

'I wonder where he is going.'

Alexander didn't walk toward the lone jeep that still sat parked from earlier in the day. He kept an easy pace as he walked toward the lake in the deepening shadows.

The lake surface glowed like polished onyx under the stars reflected in its surface. Alexander sat on a fallen log staring out at the lake attempting to calm his mind and find his center. He needed to start the process of assimilating the new thoughts and feelings that had come to him in a seeming avalanche today.

Just as his mind began to calm, his senses opened up and he smiled shaking his head.

"Good evening Miss Willow."

She stepped from the forest edge with a guilty smile on her face.

"If you want to be alone I can leave, it's just, I thought..."

Her sentence trailed off while Alexander quietly stared at her, a weary smile on his lips.

The silence stretched out between them. Alexander was cautiously relaxed. His thoughts were on Jenabel, of how nervous she had been, how worried about whatever it was she had to tell him. It was one of the reasons he left. Alexander hoped to give Jenabel some time to calm down about whatever else it was she needed to tell him. Perhaps Willow could provide an out for Jenabel and more information for himself. He decided to take the chance.

"What are we Willow?"

She was stunned by the question. She was sure that the Alpha would have told him. For once she allowed caution to curb her tongue, to a point at least.

"The Alpha didn't tell you?"

Alexander smiled at the incredulous look on her face even as he wondered at her choice of title for Mr. Benton.

"I know that they want to tell me but have some concerns, maybe if you told me that would be better for everyone?"

Willow wasn't sure. She liked Alexander, was glad that everyone else finally accepted him as one of there own. But how could he not know what they were, it just seemed stupid.

"Are you trying to trick me Alexander?" Once again Willow's straightforward nature had Alexander smiling. He could do nothing but answer her honestly.

"I believe I am Miss Willow. I know that Jenabel and the others want to tell me, need to tell me it seems, but there is something holding them back. I thought it might be easier to take the decision out of their hands. It wasn't a fair thing to ask of you and I'm sorry."

Willow regarded him for a long moment, trying to make up her mind. She moved close to him, so only he would be able to hear her whispered question. "Are you sure Alexander?"

The world paused, even the winds seemed to take a deep breath and hold it awaiting the answer. Alexander teetered on the edge for the instant, trying to be sure if this was a leap he truly wanted to make.

'I have no choice if I am ever to be with Jenabel.' His thoughts solidified with his intent.

"Yes Willow, I'm sure. What are we?"

She pulled back from him with a wide grin on her face. "Sheesh Alexander, we're Weres.

She said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Alexander smiled widely at the young girl, his hand ruffling her hair.

"You got me good with that one Willow." He was impressed with her near perfect delivery; only the smile at the end gave her away.

Willow shook her head and smiled, then shifted into her wolf.

Alexander was slammed by so many things in that moment. It would be years later and when the crystal perfection of this memory would find him; there would still be new details that had eluded him.

One instant Willow was standing before him, a small smirk on her lips.

The next Blondie stood before him, tail wagging.

It had happened in a heartbeat. In the time it takes for a thought to travel the neural pathways of the brain. But it was such a full and complete instant that Alexander experienced it as if were in time lapse, each micro change coming slowly followed by the next in succession until the young girl who had stood before him was gone. Replaced by this amazing young wolf.

'The movies have it so fucking wrong.' Alexander's thoughts were surprisingly calm considering what he had just witnessed. It was not the violent, bone snapping agony that was normally portrayed. It was a shift so quick, so complete that the only word that came close to describing it was beautiful.

She chuffed at him, breaking him from his reverie. Willow walked over to him, giving him a long wet lick on his face. This totally unexpected action was just what Alexander needed. He laughed, hands sliding into Willows soft fur as he hugged her to him. He smelled the faint scent of orange blossoms under her naturally musky scent.

He pulled back from her, looking her in the eye. She was there, the playful spirit, the intelligence, the easy childhood joy; all of it lay in her amber eyes. It was Willow and she was a werewolf.

The next thought that came crashing into his head was. 'This is what...We...are?

Alexander's body began to shake uncontrollably, the emotion that roiled though his body was a combination of disbelief, wonder, fear and joy.

"It can't be, it can't be." Alexander's words were a whisper as he tried to find a balance with this new and in the end, irrefutable truth. Willow moved close to him, laying her head on his lap. His hand moved to her on reflex, gently digging into her soft hair as he wrestled with his new reality.

Jenabel was on her way back to her house when she felt Alexander's fear wash over her. She was moving fast in an instant, reaching out with her senses trying to pinpoint where he was. He was still close, but he was in turmoil. As soon as one emotion hit her another would take its place.

She angled toward the lake as Willow's soft voice entered her consciousness.

'We're at the lakeside Jenabel, I didn't know, he wanted to know what we are and I...'

Willow's voice in her head was scared.

'It's okay Willow, don't worry, I'll be there in a second.'

Jenabel came crashing through the brush to find Alexander sitting on a log, Willow sitting next to him. His hand was slowly stroking Willow's fur as he stared fixedly into her eyes.

Jenabel knelt down next to the pair, her hand going to Alexander's neck. His eyes shifted to hers.

"You too? Your family, everyone who lives here?"

His voice was thick with emotion, his eyes pleading, but she couldn't sense whether he was pleading for the answer to be yes or no. There was nothing but the truth to tell.

Jenabel pulled close to him, keeping her eyes locked with his as their foreheads touched. "Yes Alexander, all of us here are Were."

His eyes closed, his reality fundamentally shifting from a world where things made sense, were grounded in foundational beliefs, to one where magic was common, where those who stood next to us could be something much, much more than they appeared.

'I should be freaking out, I should be running as fast and as far as I can. ' Alexander knew this was the logical action to take. Any normal person, when confronted with something so...indescribable would be. 'Normal, when have I ever once thought of myself associated with that term. I've longed for that title, this is why it eluded me, I find myself truly not normal...at all.'

When his eyes opened Jenabel could see that a tenuous acceptance had occurred and she let out the breath she had been inadvertently holding.

She was surprised by his next request.

"Show me Jenabel, show me your wolf?"

Jenabel could hear the uncertainty in his voice, that his hold on reality was stretched thin.

"Do you think now is the time Alexander, wouldn't it be best to wait, let you assimilate what you already know and have seen. Let me answer some of the thousands of questions you must have?"

Alexander shook his head.

"Your wolf is what draws you too me isn't it, it's the...wolf inside me that draws me to you, isn't that right? It feels right."

Jenabel's voice quavered. It killed her to see Alexander so lost, so unsure of himself.

"Yes Alexander, our wolves are drawn to each other. It is how our kind finds their mates. Are you sure you want to do this now? You've gone through so much already today."

Alexander pulled Jenabel close, his lips finding hers. All the tension, all the worry, all the warring emotions fled instantly at the touch. The kiss was long, an intimate exploring, a sharing of strength, an acknowledgment of his acceptance of her and who she and apparently he, was.

Jenabel was shocked by his action. She had dreamed of moments like this, of being in Alexander's arms feeling his lips on hers. While their first kiss in her room had been magical, this one was different, deeper. Jenabel could sense his need, feel the passion for her that burned within him through the bond they already shared, that continued to grow and deepen as every moment the kiss lasted.

A chuff from Willow broke the kiss.

They sat staring at each other for a moment, lost in the lingering impression the kiss had left on both of them.

Jenabel pulled away from him and stood.

Alexander watched, wonder in his eyes that this amazing woman with her sparkling green eyes and raven hair was his, his mate, the other half of his soul.

And then the magic he had witnessed just moments before manifested once again. And once again it took his breath away.

Where an instant before stood the tall beautiful woman that now held his heart and soul had been, sat a statuesque wolf quietly watching him. Her coat was black as night, it shimmered in the pale light of the stars. But her eyes... her eyes were the same only deeper, wilder. They glimmered like emeralds as they stared at him.

"It was you that night at the house. You were watching me."

Jenabel lowered her head a bit; Alexander thought that she would be blushing.

Standing, he walked over to her. She looked up at him; he saw wariness in her eyes.

Kneeling in front of her his hand went to her, curling into her soft ebony fur. He laughed as she licked his face.

"This is part of who and what you are Jenabel, I accept that. I don't know how or why but it feels right seeing you like this. It speaks to a part of me that I never knew existed."

"How do you do it Jenabel? How do you...change?"

She was surprised by the question. She didn't think he would so easily embrace who or what they and he are. Jenabel looked at him for a long moment. Sensing him in her wolf form was something very different than when she was human.

She picked up on the heat of his body. How it emanated from his heart.

The scent of him was deeper, richer in this form. It told a story of who he was, the trials of his life, the balance he was trying to maintain.

Jenabel saw, in minute detail, all of his physical reactions. His muscles flexing as he slowly stroked her. How the vein in his neck pulsed slowly in cadence with his heartbeat, the curl of his lips as he physically enjoyed touching her.

She shook her head and licked his face again. She found she enjoyed the taste of him as much as his looks. Then she gingerly picked up the shorts and shirt that had fallen from her body during her change in her teeth and scampered off into the woods.

Alexander gave Willow a curious look at her sudden departure, but then realized that if she picked up her clothes then she must turn back to human naked. The thought sent blood rushing away from his brain.

In a moment Jenabel was back. Regarding her long legs, full breasts encased in the tight T shirt and her hair falling sensuously over one of her eyes did nothing to alleviate the lack of blood in his head.

Jenabel came up short as his scent hit her, altered now by his arousal she had to fight back a moan and the urge to go to him.

"Now stop that Alexander, you asked me a question. It is probably one of the most important questions that you have ever asked. There are things you have to be told, things I had hoped to tell you over the next few days but now that you know the biggest secret you might as well know it all. Calm down or I won't be able to tell you what you need to know. Also, don't forget we have company." She said this last with a smile and a nod toward Willow.

Alexander was surprised at her words. He hadn't realized the full effect she was having on him and felt badly for his behavior.

"I'm sorry Jenabel, I didn't, I wasn't, I..." Alexander's words trailed off as Jenabel got a stern look on her face and walked to him, stopping close as she took his head in both her hands, locking eyes with his.

"Never apologize for wanting me Alexander, you should want me, I'm yours. If it were possible I would send Willow home and show you just how badly I mirror your want. But it's not possible right now. There are things you have to know, questions that you need answers to and trials you have to prepare for. But never ever doubt that your wanting me is something that I cherish." Giving Alexander a light tender kiss to seal her words with a deed, Jenabel turned to Willow.

"Grab your clothes and shift. You started this so you can help in the explanation."

Willow looked at Jenabel, she seemed unsure if Jenabel was upset with her. Jenabel gave the girl a small smile.

"It's okay Willow, I'm not mad at you, he asked, you answered. I would expect you to do nothing else. Go change, it seems this very long day still has some life in it."

Turning back to Alexander she smiled to find he had been watching her intently while she spoke with Willow.

"Come on, let's go find a place to sit, this may take awhile." She took his hand leading him back toward the compound. They chose a picnic table that was still out from the party. Willow followed close behind them.

Now that Alexander was faced with the fact that life held such unknown magic his questions came fast and furious.

Jenabel was not surprised as they sat down that the first question he asked was one of concern for Willow.

"Willow, should you have been out so far when you came to see me the other day? You were a very long way from home."

Sophie had told Jenabel that Willow had gone to the east face to watch Alexander. She had, in fact done much more than watch.

Willow had a slightly chagrined look on her face as she answered.

"No, until our first moon change we are forbidden to range farther than the glänta. But I was just so curious about you and Brad said you weren't like us and I just new he was wrong so I..." Jenabel placed a hand on Willow's shoulder to calm her.

"It's alright Willow; we know you were just curious, you knew the truth when none of us would believe it. How about if I explain, you have to remember Alexander knows nothing of our ways and customs.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers