Out of Control Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, but I'd hoped you had," I said sweetly.

He glowered at me, I think a little unsure of what to make of me. He wasn't use to seeing me stand up to him like this. I had given up that right when I asked him into my bed but since I didn't think that would happen again, I didn't hold my tongue.

I sidestepped him and grabbed a towel. I didn't want to have this conversation. Hell, I'd hoped to be gone by the time he got around to remembering he had promised to come over.

"I'll leave just as soon as you tell me who is coming over and why you going on a date with them? Is it a guy?"

I sighed; apparently we were going to have this conversation just minutes before Larry came.Great, that's all I need is him going home and tell my Mama he came to see me and I was involved in a domestic dispute with some strange man.She'd be on the next plane here and I so didn't need that right now.

I rounded on Marcus staring him down. "If I tell you, I want you gone two seconds after that. Take your shirt and leave my key. If I find anything else of yours I'll mail it to you...at the office."

He didn't say he would or wouldn't but I didn't really give him time. I walked away from him, heading into my bedroom to get dressed. I pulled a pair of lace panties from the drawer and sat on the bed to pull them on. I look up at him to explain and saw the desire in his eyes. The affect was instantaneous. Lightening hit me low in the stomach and for a second I couldn't breath. I knew then just how far gone I was. He smirked as I sucked in a much needed breath, drawing me from my pleasure stupor.

"I have a date," I said getting right to the point. "It is a man, not that it's any of your business but he is a friend of mine from home. He's in town on business and my mama told him I lived here, so he decided to look me up. It's not even a real date." For some reason I felt the need to let him know that. I don't know why but maybe it was because he looked so heart broken at the knowledge I was going out.

"When did all this happen," he asked sharply.

"Larry called this morning after I got out of the bath. I didn't really see what the big deal was," I muttered, using his words from this morning. "I mean, I really didn't think you'd be back."

I began to pull on a pair of panty hose slowly up my leg. I hate the things, in fact went out of my way to NOT wear then, but the dress I'd gotten begged for them. I wasn't gonna go with my legs hanging all out. A southern woman JUST did not do that.

"You made a date with some guy just minutes after I left to go to work?" The hurt in his voice was evident. I knew it had to have hurt him but at the time I'd been hurt also. Shit, I was still hurt.

"He's not just some guy. I went to school with him and my mama and his mama are in the same garden club. I've known Larry all my life. It's not like he's a serial killer or anything. And another thing, it wasn't minutes after you left to go to work. It was probably an hour after that," I said absently smoothing my hose into place.

"That's semantics and you know it. You are trying to punish me for last night aren't you? I know it. This is your way at trying to get to me. Well it's not going to work because you aren't going anywhere. I'm here, we're going to sit down and talk about this and then we'll get some dinner and go to bed," he said all but growling the last.

"Thanks but no thanks," I said airily. "I've already got plans. It had been at least 4 years since I've talked to anyone other than my mother from back home and I don't plan on letting the opportunity pass me by. I've been thinking lately in fact of taking some time and going back for a while. Just to see what's changed and such," I said, the thought coming just as the words did.

I mean, I love New York, don't get me wrong but I could write anywhere. I'd written for years at home, what was to stop me from moving back and doing the same now. Glancing at Marcus's fast reddening face, I thought nothing was holding me back. He would figure out he was better off not with me.

I pulled a bra from the bag I used to store them in and slid it on. It was the same color and fabric as the panties stationed low on my hips. I loved the set as soon as I'd seen it. It was a lilac color and felt like heaven on my body. I knew underneath my black dress tonight, I'd feel like I was a million dollars. Suddenly Marcus appeared directly in front of me. "You aren't going anywhere. I want to go back to what we were like before I left this bed this morning. I don't understand the change. What happened from the time I left yesterday morning to the time I got in last night?"

He seemed so earnest I felt I owed it to him to tell the truth. "Marcus, we aren't good for each other. You know, and I just came to the conclusion last night as I set up once again waiting for you to come in. It freaked the hell out of me when you didn't show up last night."

"I can explain that. My watch stopped and I lost track of time. I didn't think that it was as late as it was when I came in last night. If I'd known what time it was I would have called and apologized. I tried to earlier today but you weren't home," he said accusingly.

"There are no other clocks anywhere else in the precinct?" I asked doubt heavy in my voice.

"Sure but I didn't pay any attention to them. When I got out of my chair last night, I was only thinking of getting home to you. I wanted to pull you into my arms so bad, the thought of holding you had been heavy in my mind all day, but you have to believe me, if I'd known how scared you were last night, I WOULD have called."

I sighed and continued as I pulled my black sheath dress on. "It's okay that you didn't call. Now that I know the answer, I don't mind so much. However, as I waited for you to come home, I found a lot of complaints, Marcus. If we were meant to be together, I wouldn't have complaints this early in the relationship. You understand that right?"

Just then the bell rang. I knew with one look that Marcus was going to get it, yet I tried to stop him anyway. "Don't do it, Marcus, if you run him off I'm going to-." I left the sentence unfinished noticing I was talking to an empty room.

I grabbed my robe pulling it on as I walked out the bedroom as quickly as I could but Marcus had already opened the door. I could see him sizing Larry up much like a male lion evaluates his next meal.

Larry was already speaking. "Oh, I'm sorry. I must have written the wrong door number down. Uh, could you tell me if you know Amie Marie Wilson lives on this floor?"

Marcus just continued to stare at the man as if he'd gone into a stupor. I'd known Larry to have this affect of women from home but never a man. Huh, I thought, who know?

Larry was the golden boy of Allendale County. He'd been captain of the football team, leader of debate club, class president, etc, etc. He was tall, a little bit less than Marcus though, with wavy dark hair, and even white teeth. His face was lit in an unassuming smile that had made many a girl back home dream unattainable dreams. We hadn't been that close of friends in school but our mothers had tried. We had been together most holidays, family functions, and even taken a few vacations together. I like to think I was the only woman in the world who was immune to his charm and I could honestly say that he knew how to turn it on.

I stepped into the room, smiling and opening my arms for a hug. "It's the right apartment. I just happen to have a guest that won't leave," I said, elbowing Marcus in the stomach as he moved to pull me from Larry.

I smiled at Larry, squeezing him tight. He smelled just like home. It reminded me of sweet tea and pecan pie. "LJ, how are you?"

He grinned at me before pulling me in for another hug. I think the extra one was just to piss Marcus off. "I'm fine, sugar britches. You are looking good. Damn good in fact. When are you going to give up this writer thing and let me take care of you like our mama's want?" he asked referring to the on going fight with our parents to put us together. They couldn't face facts that we didn't feel anything for each other besides platonic love. They'd been pushing us for years to get together but we'd so far been able to hold them off.

"Where are my manners, come on in. Have a seat. We have so much to catch up on," I said pulling him in the apartment before closing the door.

"Well if you're busy, darlin' I can come back. I might just take a later flight to see you." As always his charm was overboard and yet I was still impervious to it.

"No-"

"Yes you are interrupting something. Don't come back though. She doesn't want to see you. She has a boyfriend," Marcus interrupted me.

"Marcus Jackson! I have had just about enough of you and if you don't get out right now I-"

"Will do what Kitten?" he taunted softly.

I glowered at him unsure how to proceed. I didn't know what I could threaten him with to go away. He didn't want to listen to me at all.

Larry smiled at me softly and moved back to the door. "I can see you are busy, I'll go. I really did love seeing you, little girl. You sure have filled out."

I heard Marcus growl softly. Afraid he would go off into a tantrum, I let Larry go with a promise from him to call tomorrow. As the door closed behind him, I rounded on Marcus. "Get the fuck out my house, right this minute, you pompous jackass."

"No," he said calmly as if I'd asked him to close the door.

"That's it. I've had it up to here with you," I screamed, my southern accent coming through strongly.

"What are you going to do, little girl? You can't throw me out, I'm too big. You can't call the cops because, guess what, I am one. I think you're stuck with me until I decide to leave or you calm down. Whichever happens first."

"This is what I hate about you, Marcus. You come in here with your heavy handedness and you think that just because I let you fuck me, I should bow before your might feet. Well, it ain't gonna happen. I wasn't kidding when I said I've had enough. We aren't good for each other. Just look at now," I said, pleading with him to understand me. "This isn't the adult way to ask. You can't order me around just because you want to. Life doesn't work that way, I'm afraid."

"I've never tried to boss you around. Beside this one little time anyway...and in bed. But I thought you liked that."

I growled. "I do like that and that's beside the point. I got to thinking last night about something. I was so worried about you. I'd already called the hospitals and you weren't there. I got to thinking you might have gone home because you were really tired. I thought maybe you had just forgotten to call me and explain. So I picked up the phone to call you. You know what though? I DIDN'T KNOW THE DAMN NUMBER! I realized I was sleeping with, had been sleeping with a man for two weeks, and I didn't even know his fucking phone number," I screamed at him.

"In fact, I've never been outside this apartment with you. I've never been to your house. I don't know if you're married, divorced, widowed, or even if you have kids. I know all we are doing is having sex but I think I should at least know if you have family out there.

"Another thing," I said, just as he was going to interrupt. "I don't like the fact that even when you are here, your mind isn't. Sometimes I think you mind is a million miles away and it bothers me because I'm waiting for the day when you come in and say that's it," I said as tears filled my eyes.

The whole time I'd been talking, Marcus had just stared at me. The hurt in his eyes mirrored mine. "I know you are hurt that I made a date with Larry but he is a really old friend from home. I thought it would be a good idea since I needed something to take my mind off you."

He continued to stare at me, giving me the cop eyes. It was a look I'd seen before and once again it had the same affect. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, but truthfully I thought it would be better to simply cut my losses and move on. I know that sooner or later you are going to let me go. I thought-"

"Shut up!" he broke in to say. "Just shut up and listen to once to what I have to fucking say."

He grabbed my by the arm and dragged me into the bedroom. Unsure of what he was going to do, I began to struggle. He subdued me with a quick tightening of his fist on my arm. I knew I was going to have a bruise in the morning.

He pulled me toward the closet until we were standing in front of the mirror, staring at our reflections. "Look," he said, jerking me around to look at myself.

"Look in that mirror. Do you see that girl? Do you?" he didn't give me a chance to agree. "She is a beautiful woman and I'm tired of hearing you putting her down. I took one look at you in that precinct and knew that I had to have you. I thought once I did, it would be over. I thought I would have enough, but it wasn't.

"I came to see you, I touched you, kissed your lips and all over your body and I knew it would never be enough. I can't stop thinking about you. I pick up the damned phone at least 40 times a day to call and see what you are doing. I can't wait to get here to see you because you make me feel incredible."

I could do nothing but stare and listen as he continued. "We don't go out because it never crossed my mind that you would want to go out. You seemed perfectly happy just hanging out here with me. Now that I know, we'll go out if you want. Truthfully I didn't really want to share you with the world yet. I was afraid I'd lose you to some other dude who saw what I saw but wasn't such a dick and was able to tell you.

"I don't have a wife, never have, and I have never had kids either. I'd like them though, but only when I'm sure the woman and I are ready. I've never taken you to my apartment because truthfully I think your place is much nicer and I want you to be more comfortable. I know that you wake up at night and jot down idea for your work so I figured you'd want to be around here to do that.

"Finally," he said, running out of steam. I could feel his anger slowly releasing from him. He pulled me back closely to him and I snuggled into him, his words making me feel so good. "I am not going to leave you. I like where we are. I like knowing you, love being with you and I don't plan on changing that. While what you did tonight was wrong, and you will be punished for it, believe me, I think it woke me up. I have been taken you for granted and I'm really sorry about that."

I stared into his eyes in the mirror and knew what he said was true. While I was still afraid he'd leave, that was my insecurities talking, not his actions. I couldn't blame him for something that MY subconscious for doing.

I slowly turned in his arms. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "I'm so sorry about the date, about the fight, about everything. I shouldn't have blown everything out of proportion. You have done nothing to show me you don't care. In fact, there has been plenty of proof that you do. I let my problems with myself intrude in this, and I'm really and truly sorry. Can you ever forgive me?" I asked hesitantly.

His arms tightened around my body. "Only if you can forgive me for being an asshole tonight and a dumbass last night. If I had known-"

I laid a finger over his lips, stopping the flow of words. "It's ok. It's over...right?"

Marcus smiled at me and lowered his mouth to mine. "Yep, sure is." He kissed me hard, pressing his lips to mine to show me his possession. He jerked my body closer until there wasn't an inch of room between us. I could feel his hard body and it set me aflame.

I ground myself against him, my cunt wetting quickly. I wanted him so bad and I told him so. Marcus pulled back then. "Change clothes, baby, we're going to my apartment for the night. Do you want your computer?"

"Uh, we're leaving now? We can't wait like 20 minutes and THEN go?" I said the need evident in my voice.

"No, I want to go now. I need to feed my cat anyway. I didn't get a chance before because I was waiting on a certain someone to get home from shopping."

"Sorry, I didn't know you--You have a cat?" I squealed. Was there anything about this man that I really knew?

Chapter EIGHT

Marcus began to breathe a little easier as he and Amie Marie finally made their way from her apartment. He was still shaken up quite a bit. He had actually thought that was going to be it. He had just known there was going to be no way he could get her to let him stay. He still couldn't believe how angry she had been. However he could understand what she was talking about.

Marcus felt like kicking his own ass for the mistakes he had made with her. He hadn't done anything to hurt her on purpose but he could see that he really had. All the things she had had to complain about were real problems and if he had given any thought to her he would have known that. No, all he could think about when he was around her was the way her skin felt underneath his hands. He could only remember how she always arched into his touch as he played with her.

As he watched her walk down the sidewalk to the car, he could only count his blessings. When she had told him to get out, that she had a date, he had seen red. Especially when he had watched her pull those undergarments on with those sexy panty-hose. He'd seen the little black dress lying on the bed beside her and could just imagine what she'd look like in it. He had wanted to throw his coat over her, push her into the nearest closet, and show her just how good they could be together.

When Larry had shown up, Marcus had felt like he wanted to kill him. He'd seen the glint in the other man's eyes, and discovered quickly that while they might not have been that close of friends before, the other man wanted to remedy that very soon with Amie Marie. He had to hand it to his baby though; she hadn't thrown any punches with him before. She'd told in no certain terms that this was the way things were going to be, and if he didn't like them, then he could get the fuck out. The thought still had to power to make him hard as a pipe. He liked bossing his little girl around but what he liked most was when she told him how things were going to be. He didn't want a lifeless doll. He wanted someone who would let him win sometimes.

Just like when he'd seen what she had changed into before they left to go to his apartment. He'd taken one look and started to bluster. She was in those same shorts she'd been in when she got home from shopping and a small tank top. He'd taken one look and told her to march right back in the bedroom and change.

Amie Marie hadn't batted an eyelash. She'd given him a look that had quickly put him in his place before says, "I've been dressing myself for years. I don't think I need your help but thanks anyway."

He'd muttered a little more before she had come over to him and kissed him swiftly on the lips, stopping his grumbles. "I like this outfit, and while I know you think I'm going to get in trouble in it, I hate to tell you, you are the only one that would want to see me out of it."

"I like the outfit. I think you look adorable. That's part of the problem. You look so damn hot, I don't know how I'm suppose to keep the men away," he'd said, kissing her again. Her lips were so soft underneath his, opening for his tongue to play with hers. Their lips were locked together for quite a while. After a few minutes, he pulled back breathing hard.

"Not yet, little one. I don't want to start something until I can have you underneath me, begging me to complete you. I don't want to have to stop once we start," he whispered in her ear.

They had stopped, barely, and were now on the way to get some dinner. Until she had drawn it to his attention, he hadn't noticed that he didn't take her out. He had simply not given any thought to the situation. When he got home from work, he didn't want to leave her. He didn't want to have to share her with anyone else. He liked being around her, and in truth, he liked having all her attention. However, he could see where she would have a problem with it. She must have thought he was ashamed of her or something like that. The thought hurt him. If anyone should be ashamed, it should be him who was ashamed.