Out of the Shadows Ch. 03

Story Info
Spending time, getting to know each other.
8.8k words
4.73
17.6k
5

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 07/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Hello, everyone. I hope you read chapter two and enjoyed it. This story is a continuation of the Shadows of Resentment series.

In this chapter Darius and his team gets a short reprieve before continuing training. As I explained with chapter 2, Again, I am no expert on anything military, so I used my imagination freely here. It is not my intention to offend any of the great people who have sacrificed and served in any branch of the military. So please remember this in a fictional piece of writing and not meant to be taken literally.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and remember to vote and comment after you have read it. Thank you. IR2R,

Later that day, Horse and Danny caught airplanes to head home and check on their families.

Marge found out the girls didn't have any family they could visit, so she offered to let them stay at their home.

The ladies refused, because even though the offer was nice. They wanted to maintain their independence.

So of course, Marvin, along with Marge drove the girls to a local hotel and helped them secure a room. Marge made them promise to come over and join her for breakfast. She left no room for them to refuse.

She and Marvin drove home and sat holding each other for a whole. Darius offered to drive Derrick, Dawn, and DJ home, so he would visit with his twin for a while.

"Marvin," Marge addressed her husband as he held her securely, "He has changed. He seems calmer. I'm glad he's home. His team, they are sweet kids." Marge sighed. "LaCynthia is really a lovely girl."

"No, Marge. We stay out of their lives. I know what you're thinking." Marvin held his closer. "If he pursues Cynthia, that's between them."

"I know and you know what honey." Marge added. "I like her. She's nice and she's half in love with that boy." She chuckled.

"I know. He watched her all afternoon." Marvin chucked. "He could barely stand to be a way from her."

"But they still have training, so we'll wait and see." Marge concluded. "I still like her."

Darius drove back into his parent's driveway and sat in the car for a moment. He was thinking about the events of the day. He felt good. As soon as they made it home from the ceremony, Momma insisted that everyone change into comfortable clothes.

The girls changed in Sierra's old room, and he and the guys changed in his room. When the girls walked out he recalled seeing Cynthia in regular clothes for the first time. All of them donned simple jeans and a tee shirt, but Cynthia in regular clothes caused his body to stir.

He never wanted to leave her side, but he had to let her breathe. Sergeant Lee told him that if you held on to something to hard you could choke the life out of it. So he'd slow down and let things develop naturally.

He thought about Deidre and his girls. She seemed happy. Much like the girl he fell in love with four years ago. Jason was good for her.

Chuckling, he thought about Cameron and his coddling of Sierra. His baby sister and best friends were having a baby. He couldn't wait to tease Cameron about his pending foray into parenting.

Last he thought about his twin, Derrick, his brother. He owed him. He never wanted to hurt him like he had in the past. Since he was more aware of how his actions affected those around him, he could make sure to make better choices.

Dawn was due any day now. He'd check on her and make sure Derrick knew he'd be there.

Darius sighed realizing that he was truly a blessed. He finally got out of the car and let himself in. On his way to his room, he checked all the doors and windows. He stopped by his parents room and checked on them. They were fast asleep.

He saw the pride in their eyes and felt good. He liked that feeling and wanted to keep it. Retiring to his room, Darius climbed into his bed. Soon he was fast asleep. His last thought was of a dark-skinned beauty that took his breath away.

The next morning, Darius was up early because he had made plans with the girls to meet them for a morning run. They'd meet him at the park at four and take advantage of the track. The park was within walking distance of his house, so he dressed in his sweats and headed there.

He couldn't wait to see Cynthia. He would be happy to see the other girls to, but Cynthia was his. Part of him wished they'd accepted his parents offer.

He had also promised his Dad, that he'd come over to the garage and speak with the fellas. He also wanted to walk over and see Sergeant Jameson at the recruitment office. He credited Sergeant Jameson with giving him an out to get his life in order.

When he arrived at the park, he found his three team members already stretching and waiting for him.

"What happened Officer, didn't want to let go of the bed?" Maria teased as he walked up.

Darius grimaced, "Sorry guys, won't happen again."

"It's Ok," Kerrie stated.

"So," said Cynthia, "Let's go or are you three just gonna stand here and talk."

They ran around the track for an hour covering at least ten miles, which was usually what their morning run consisted of.

When the run ended, Darius's phone rang, "Hello, calm down. Derrick, I'm fine, just went for a run."

The three girls stood alert "What's going on?" Cynthia asked. She liked his brother and sister-in-law.

"Nothing, my brother called the house and I wasn't there. He was worried. He's almost as bad as he was when Dawn was pregnant with DJ." He tried to joke.

The three ladies looked at each other and then at him. "You need to spend some time with him and talk." Cynthia said. "I mean it."

"Yeah, Cynthia's right, Darius. Your brother is pretty cool. Let him know you're fine." Maria interjected.

Kerrie simply nodded agreeing with her friends. Darius agreed, and made a mental note to call Derrick.

Darius walked the girls back to their hotel and they informed him that they were heading to his parents for breakfast later that morning.

Kerrie and Maria headed back to their room, but he stopped Cynthia. "I missed you. I'm used to you being in the room with me."

Cynthia hugged him, "I missed you, too. But I need this time with the girls alright." She explained.

"I know. Do you guys want me to wait? I can walk you to my parents' house." He suggested.

"I thought you had plans with your Dad this morning." Cynthia stated.

Hugging her tightly, Darius said. "You're right; can I at least get a kiss?"

Cynthia gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek. Darius chuckled, "At some point, I am going to get you alone and teach you how I like to be kissed."

Then he pulled her in a tight embraced and covered her lips with his. Cynthia loved being kissed by him. She reveled in his show of dominance over her. Her body's response fed into the blazing inferno that started deep inside of her.

Her breathing became heavy, nipples hardened, and heat formed at the apex of her thighs.

Darius moaned, he wanted this woman, but he had to wait. Not because she asked him but because for once he would do things the right way.

They'd been seeing each other for two weeks, but had not been intimate beyond touching. He didn't have any place her could take her and would not disrespect is parents' home.

When he and Cynthia made love, he wanted to make sure they were someplace where they could share true intimacy.

Cynthia pulled away, "Darius, I've got to shower and change. Then we're walking to your parents' house."

"You don't have to walk, I'll come get you." Darius suggested.

"No, we want to walk. This town is beautiful and the three of us want to explore." She kissed him lightly on the lips, her body still yearning for him, body tingling. "I'll see you later."

Darius jogged back to his parents' home, entering the kitchen he and smelled coffee brewing. "Morning Momma." He kissed his mom on the cheek.

"Hey, Son. Did you rest well?" Marge asked. She loved having her son home.

"I slept like a log. I went out for a run with the girls. They're headed over later." He answered. Marge then started to prepare breakfast. Darius sat and talked with his mother until his father, Marvin came out.

"Son, I know you don't work there, but the guys would love to see you." Marvin said, ecstatic that Darius agreed to visit the garage. He wanted to show his son, the soldier off.

Marge fixed a simple beakfast for them and stood to watch them eat. It had been over two months since she'd fixed breakfast for her two men.

As soon as they finished breakfast, Marvin kissed his wife's temple and told her to take it easy today.

Darius heard what his dad whispered and saw how he embraced his Mom. Something was wrong, and he needed to know what it was. He'd talk to Dad about it when they left.

When he and his Dad were driving to the garage, Darius asked, "Dad is Momma sick or something? I mean I know something is wrong, she's not quite herself."

"Son, I won't lie to you. I want her to see a doctor, but she says she's fine." Marvin explained to his son.

"Dad, if you can get her to go see someone today, I'll stay at the garage." Darius suggested. "I'll call Dee and ask if she can bring the girls here for a while. They can play in the office."

"I'll try." Marvin exhaled. "Can you also watch DJ? We could take him with us, but I don't know how long."

"Dad, of course I'll get DJ. You take care of Momma, OK." Darius stated emphatically.

Relieved Marvin whispered, "Thanks son. She doesn't want to worry anyone. For that matter neither do I, but we are getting older."

Cynthia, Kerrie, and Maria showered and dressed and were about to head to the Granger's house.

"Cynthia, what are you waiting on girl? You haven't slept with that man yet." Maria queried.

Scoffing, Cynthia replied, "We are people not a couple of rutting animals. We're taking things slow."

"Damn, girl. You're better than me." Maria continued. "I would have raped him by now."

Kerrie laughed and told Maria to stop teasing. "You just miss Horace." Kerrie teased.

"Ooooh Yes." Maria groaned. "Corn fed country boys are the best." Then winking at Cynthia, "In more ways than one."

"Wait a minute, you and Horse? When?" Cynthia asked.

"Right before the ceremony." Maria gloated. "You didn't miss us because you and Darius are taking things slow.

"Hey, I only found out because I caught them sneaking back out of the barracks and Horse forgot to fix his clothes." Kerrie teased.

"Wow! Maria, are you serious-" Cynthia starte to ask.

"Cyn, I like him. He's a nice guy, not like the guys in my past." Maria exhaled, "but we're gonna separate for training and well, you know."

"Hey, it's only for a little while and we can stay in touch." Cynthia reminded her friend.

Then both women looked at Kerrie, "Do you need to tell us something about Danny?"

"Hell no!" Kerrie answered, "I'm not Danny's type. He prefers penis." Then she walked ahead of them. Cynthia and Maria stumbled.

"Uh uh!"Cynthia stopped her, "Hold up! How do you know this? Did you try something with him?"

"No, we were talking one night before graduation, and I saw him checking out some guy in another battalion. He told me." She exhaled. He's afraid to tell the guys because he thinks Darius and Horse will hate him.

"Wait, this is his secret. Kerrie will he be okay with you telling us?" Cynthia asked. She didn't want to violate anyone's privacy.

"Yea, he called last night and we talked." Kerrie explained. "He wanted me to tell you guys he's home safe and misses you. He asked if I had told you two and I said no. So he said it was alright to let you know, but he wants to tell the guys."

"Wow!" said Maria. "I'm gonna give him a hug and then I'm kicking his ass for not telling me."

Before long, the girls were at the Granger's house. Deidre was just dropping off the girls as they walked up. The women were cordial and spoke when Deidre spotted Cynthia.

"Hey," Deidre greeted. "You're Cynthia. I've wanted to meet you. I'm-"

Cynthia rudely cut her off, "I know who you are." Crossing her arms, she waited for Deidre to have her say.

Deidre immediately recoiled. The woman before her was a woman in love and she was the woman that hurt the person she cared about.

Deidre tried again. "Cynthia, what happened between Darius and me, well..."

Cynthia cleared her throat, "I know what he told me. You were together. You found someone else, so you broke up with him."

"Why didn't you let him go as soon as you knew you liked the other guy?" Cynthia asked. She really wanted to understand. This family didn't treat this girl any different, even though they all knew what this girl did to him.

Deidre knew she didn't really owe this girl an explanation, but she'd try any way.

"Cynthia, can we please talk alone? This is private." Deidre asked.Cynthia looked at her sisters in arms and nodded. The other two ladies left them alone.

'So what is it, Deidre? What do you need to say?" Cynthia asked angrily.

"Look, you have to know that I loved that man. I loved him with all that I have within me, but he was too intense. He had a hard time letting me breath. At first, I loved it, but then I felt smothered." Deidre tried to explain.

Cynthia scoffed, "I wished someone ... Sorry, go on."

She saw how Darius looked at this woman and knew she was special to him. A part of her felt jealous, but then she realized she had Jason and he was perfect for her. Deidre felt that she needed to find a way to get along with Cynthia because she would one day be an important part of the family.

"So," Cynthia interjected her heart breaking at the pain he must have felt. "You snuck around on him because he smothered you. Then you met a guy that doesn't smother you. That makes it alright for you hurt him like you did."

"No, Cynthia, that's not what I..." Deidre let out a nervous breath. "Look, I fucked up and hurt him. But honestly, it was over before Jason came into the picture. I just didn't have the courage to tell him. That was my fault. I know you don't like me. And probably never will."

Deidre took a breath. "But Cynthia, you are someone important to him. This means you are important in this family and will possibly be a part of our lives. Despite everything, I want him to be happy and you make him happy. So, I hope, we can find a way to get along."

Cynthia exhaled, "Look, whatever happened between you two is really none of my business. Darius and I well... We're friends. That's it. Besides, he never..."

Deidre smiled, "It's more than friendship. If it weren't, you wouldn't want to strangle me right now. It's fine, I know how you feel."

"He's falling in love with you. Darius loves hard and everyone can see how he looks at you." Deidre chuckled nervously, "Girl have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"It doesn't matter. I mean. He's a great guy, but in two weeks... Fuck! "Cynthia let out a frustrated breath.

"Girl, you're gone and don't even know it, or maybe you do." Deidre could understand; she once felt the same. "Look, Cynthia, I hope we can be friends at least. I'll understand if you don't want anything to do with me, and I can respect that. But I hope you'll want to try to be friends. I want you to know, I'm not a threat to your relationship with him. Darius and I are over."

Looking at her watch, Deidre declared, "I've got to head to work, but believe me, he sees you as more than a friend." Then she hopped in her car and drove off.

For the first time, Cynthia felt alright. Deidre was beautiful. Short, curvaceous, light skinned, but she was real. Cynthia respected that, and she could see why this family cared for this woman. She and Darius had kids, two beautiful little girls, but she was here telling her that she and Darius were through. That's the same thing he said yesterday. So, maybe, it was true.

Cynthia smiled and the two ladies parted ways on amicable terms. She could respect Darius's ex-girlfriend, because she was showed her respect in kind. Cynthia walked to the house where Maria and Kerrie were waiting.

"Hey, chica." Maria asked, her Spanish accent more pronounce whenever she was upset, "What did she want? You need me too take care-" Cynthia stopped her.

Kerrie too was concerned, "Are you alright Cyn?" she asked concerned.

Laughing she said, "I'm fine. She just wanted to explain some things. I think she was giving me her blessing. Anyway, she seems like a decent person. I'm not mad at her."

All three women exhaled as Marge walked in trailed by DJ, Cammie and Rory. "Oh good, help's here. Ladies, I've got to feed this brood. Do any of you know anything about changing diapers?" Marge asked. DJ wasn't quite potty trained yet and she could use an extra set of hands.

"I've got it." Maria interjected "She picked up DJ and took the smelly toddler into the bathroom with extra clothing to freshen him up.

"Kerrie, be a sweetheart and grab the milk and butter from the frig. Cyn, if you'll help me get the twins seated, I'll appreciate it." So Cynthia helped Camorra intoher seat and then she turned to help Camirra.

Both girls were so polite they thanked her sweetly as Marge and Kerrie brought in their breakfast.

"Mrs. Granger, how do you do this everyday?" Cynthia asked. Watching three small children seemed like a lot.

"They are my grandbabies, and they mean the world to me. Today is the first day, I've had DJ all day. Dawn usually takes him to daycare. Deidre wants to put the twins in daycare too, but I'm trying to talk her out of it."

Marge looked away. "I was there when each one of these angels was born." She took a deep breath. "If I can watch them for their mommas, then that's what I will do. Besides, usually Marvin is here to help me with the morning start. He wanted to show Darius off at the garage today, that's why he left."

"You girls must be starving, let me get the babies settled and I'll fix you breakfast." Marge offered.

"No," said Maria. "You sit and we can make our own breakfast. Have you eaten?" she asked. She found that she really cared about this older woman and she'd only known her for a few hours, but she felt like family.

Marge hadn't eaten and Maria ended up preparing a quick breakfast for the four of them.

As soon as the finished eating, Cyn and Kerrie cleaned up the kitchen as Darius and Marvin walked in.

Marvin noticed how tired Marge was looking and grew concerned. He knew she didn't want to upset the kids so he pulled her to him gently and kissed her temple, letting her know silently that he was there.

Darius watch Kerrie and Cyn joking as they finished cleaning and saw Maria reading to the kids. He walked in and hugged his daughters and nephew. I have two more nephews on the way. he thought cheering deep down inside.

Cyn and Kerrie came out and saw that the men had returned. They greeted them and sat to figure out what they'd do for the day. Kerrie and Maria knew that they'd stay close to the house. Although they'd just met Marge, and sensed something wasn't right.

Marvin convinced Marge to go to the doctor's. Darius called Deidre and had her to make sure Mom was on the list to see someone when she got there.

Darius also called Derrick and Sierra to let them know something was wrong with Mom.

Within minutes, Derrick came to get DJ along with Dawn who had another appointment at the doctor's.

When Marvin made it to the clinic, Marge was taken straight back. Marvin was terrified. He didn't let Darius come with him. He didn't want to be seen as weak. His wife, his lover, his heart was ill and there was nothing he could do.

"Papa Marvin, Momma Marge, come on back." Deidre called them and placed them in a room.

She then took Marge's vitals. As she wrote the information onto her chart, Marge spoke.

"Don't you think about putting my grandbabies in a daycare. I'll get over this and be fine." She said to the younger woman.

Deidre smiled, "Momma Marge, wouldn't dream of it. Sit tight and the doctor will be right in."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers