Outlander Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I sent the men out, Princess," he informed her. He then handed her something before turning to me, "Knight Kaughman, do you swear on your life and power to serve the Islenase Empire with everything you are? Do you swear to uphold the rule of law? Finally, do you swear only to tell the truth and present any and all evidence and findings during an inquiry," Terrance asked with an air of formality I had never felt before.

I then felt a magical charge start to fill the room. The eyes of the others opened in surprise as they sensed it as well. I knew this oath I was about to take would change everything. I didn't hesitate. Words were whispered into my mind. I knew instinctively they were right and said them to the officials standing before me, "I, Shaun Kaughman, accept this burden. I swear to uphold the law. Only the truth will ever come from my hand or lips. The good and just have nothing to fear from me, while those steeped in evil will be purged by my hand. I so swear on my very soul." The magic in the room then rushed into my heart. I fell to my knees, crying out in pain as I felt burning across my back and hands. When I opened my eyes and looked down, there was a new mark tattooed on the back of my left hand. It was calligraphy styled A circling itself.

I stood and walked over to the mirror Petra used to check her appearance and removed my shirt. Tattooed covering my back was a pair of angel wings. I heard a thud from behind me. When I turned, I was shocked to see both Shalyndria and Terrance on their knees with tears in their eyes. Shalyndria spoke first with hope in her voice, "The goddess Cicerene hasn't forsaken us. She sent you the first Arbiter in hundreds of years." Not knowing what to say to that, I put my shirt back on and resumed getting ready.

Terrance spoke up behind me, "Shaun, do me one favor. Kill them all!" then he broke down crying. I turned to find Shalyndria already trying to comfort the distraught knight. I left the room once I was fully geared with my M4 and a few grenades. I had also loaded a breaching charge and a few extra mags for both weapons in a pack I pulled from Petra's wardrobe.

As I started to walk down the hall, Shalyndria asked me to stop. I turned as she ran up to me. She whispered in my ear, "When you bring our friends home, we have much to talk about now." I was soundly kissed before she pushed me back down the hall. I brushed my mind over her cord and felt nothing but hope and love. The fear, anxiety, and sadness that had dominated her emotions was gone. I turned and walked away.

I went to the stables and helped the keeper saddle my mare. I touched Petra's cord while we worked. I was shocked at the change in her emotions. The fear was gone. All I sensed now was love, hope, and happiness. I pulled back after confirming nothing else had changed. Once ready, I hopped on the mare and galloped out of the garden and toward the city's cathedral.

I found a hitching post and water trough for horses outside the gates to the cathedral grounds. I walked up to the large, highly decorated doors after taking care of my horse. Deciding to test my new magic, I used a gust of hurricane-force winds to blow the doors wide open. The sound of them bashing the walls on either side alerted the men standing around the altar.

Sixteen men in familiar black armor and an older gentleman in priest's robes stared at me as I walked in. "What do you need, my son," questioned the priest as the others whispered amongst themselves.

"Where are the slaves you have taken off the streets of this city?" I shouted heatedly. I continued walking forward during our exchange. The slavers started to spread out behind the priest at the same time.

"This is the church of our goddess Cicerene. We have nothing to do with the slaves of this city," was his response. I noticed his eyes narrow once I got to the end of the pews. I laughed when his eyes shone in recognition. "You are the heretical True Mage. Kill him."

My M4 had been at low ready the entire time. I simply lifted the barrel and pulled the trigger sixteen times. Each bullet found a brain to lodge themselves in. I found the priest on his knees, covering his ears from the noise when I was done. Letting the rifle drop, I grabbed the priest's robes and yanked him to his feet. His eyes went from fear to absolute terror when he saw the mark on my left hand. "An Arbiter, you shouldn't exist, the goddess left this world eons ago," he cried.

"Tell me where they are, asshole. Don't make me hurt you unnecessarily," I growled into the priest's face as I pulled my sidearm and pointed it at his left knee.

"I told you they aren't," was all he got out before I pulled the trigger. His screams echoed around the empty sanctuary. After casting a spell to stop the bleeding, I asked again. I was forced to repeat the process with his right knee.

After a moment letting his pain sink in, I holstered the pistol and pulled a kukri. I placed a shadow blade against his twig and berries, "This time, if you don't answer my question, you get a free sex change. Where are my mate and the other captives!"

"They are in the basement," he finally cried. I dropped him on the floor and walked toward a door behind the altar, where I felt the presence of several more people. I felt the charge of magic as I started to turn my back. I hadn't expected the geezer to be a mage. He had already healed hi legs and launched a fireball at me when I turned back.

I was forced to roll to the side to dodge his attack. As the fireball curved to follow me, he cackled, "Such a waste. You should have joined us when we offered. Now you're just going to die." Hoping this would work, I tried to parry the magic with the kukri still in my hand. To both our surprise, the blade cut the ball in half, dissipating the magic. I activated my physical enhancements while he remained frozen in shock. I appeared to teleport behind the priest as a moment later; his severed head fell to the floor.

I slowly walked back toward the door. I made a snap decision once I felt the storm of mana coming through the door. After pulling a frag grenade from my plate carrier, I pulled the retaining pin and grabbed the handle. I pushed my magical senses as far into the room as I could. Once I caught the two mages and six knights with my abilities, I counted to three before releasing the spoon on the grenade and tossing it into the room.

Four seconds later, I felt the heavy door vibrate just before I heard the thump of the explosion. I then opened the door to take stock of the carnage I knew I would find. I checked all eight of the mangled bodies just in case, but they were all corpses. I shook my head in regret as I carefully walked to the opposite door.

I found a descending stairwell behind the door. As I walked down the stairs, I checked on Petra through her cord again. While she seemed fine, the black-robed mage now in the room gave me cause to worry. I pushed my senses as far into Petra as I could and got a flash of shock in return. The next moment I heard Petra's thoughts, "I hope Shaun knows what he's doing. This necromancer is powerful."

Knowing my enemy is always a plus. I tried to push my thoughts to her, "Petra, my mate, can you use your magic?" I sensed fear and confusion from the powerful woman. "It's me, Shaun. It seems we can communicate through our imprint. I need to know if you can help once I open the door," I asked once I came to the door. I could feel the sliminess of the necromancer through the door. I also came in contact with the seven captives in the room as well. While I recognized the mana of Petra and Milla, only one other stood out. The gold mana of a True Mage came from a woman isolated in the corner.

Petra responded while I contemplated this new development, "No, our mana is sealed by enchanted manacles. You're on your own, my love." I pondered this new development while testing the door, and figured it was too thick to shoot through. But I came up with a plan.

I reached back out to Petra, "I need a diversion, I need him looking away from the door. Even a second is enough time." I felt her determination harden as she called out to Milla. I pulled back and readied myself for the coming engagement. After checking through Petra one last time, I found him chocking her with his bare hands. I stopped thinking and let my instincts and skill guide me.

I kicked the door hard enough that it ripped the hinges out and crashed into the far wall. My rifle was already shouldered, I swung around, centering my sights on the soon to be deceased man's head. I squeezed the trigger, spraying his brain and skull across the wall above Petra.

I scanned the room to ensure that no other threats remained. Once I was sure, I searched the dead mage and found a set of keys. After releasing Petra, I held her for a moment while she cried. "Hey, your safe now. I need your help, baby. Let's get these other women out of here, ok," I whispered into her ear. She looked up and nodded before kissing me quickly. Petra and Milla led the others back up the stairs while I released the last prisoner.

I was spellbound when I finally looked into her green reptilian eyes. Once I shook myself from her arresting gaze, I took the rest of her in. Her large D-cup breasts capped in dark green nipples seemed to defy gravity as they sat high and firm on her chest. Her long emerald green hair fell around her feet as she sat on the floor, and the patches of scales around her bellybutton and temples shimmered in jungle green. A sexy laugh forced my eyes to return to her face. I was ashamed at how long I had been staring.

As I unlocked her manacles, a smile lit up her face when she saw my new mark. The hope and sensual timbre in her voice caught my attention when she spoke, "A new Arbiter, and he is a fellow True Mage as well. My name is Nadine Sucuri, my lord. I am a greater naga and ready to serve."