Over Here

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't have to worry about getting into trouble, whenever you are ready... The Air Force supply us with rubbers."

Colette didn't like to show her ignorance, but she didn't understand what he meant when he said that. Deciding to stay quiet rather than look stupid, she suggested they return to the dance.

It was nearing the end of the evening. The music was slow and they fell into step. Colette saw Katie snuggled in Kevin's arms and she smiled at her friend.

The last notes of the music faded, and it was time to go home. The four of them left the Air Base together and took the short cut across the field.

Kevin once again took Katie's hand, as the ground was uneven and there was little light from the moon tonight. Katie liked the feel of her hand in his. She found him very attractive, but she was determined not to fall for him. She had seen too many others have their hearts broken by these men, and she couldn't face it again herself.

At her front door, Kevin bent down and kissed her very gently. She looked into his eyes; they were the most incredible shade of green she had ever seen.

"I won't be able to see you for a while." He told her seriously. "I can't say too much, but I have to fly out of here. I'll contact you when I get back, ok?"

"Ok, " Katie was very aware of the serious tone of his voice. "Is it dangerous?"

"It could be, but hey, I'm a good pilot! Trust me, I'll be back, and when I am, you will be the first to know." He kissed her again, this time with more urgency.

He believed he would be back, but he was very aware of the crews they had lost recently.

Chapter Six

During the week, Katie was kept very busy at the farm. There was a lot to do at this time of year, and a lot of it was back breaking work. The Airbase could rarely help out with manpower now. There were lots of planes flying out and back. Katie watched them go, wondering which one Kevin was flying.

Nick continued to call for Colette. They would take long walks in the countryside, they often took Hamish with them, and he loved to chase rabbits, but never managed to catch one.

Nick and Colette would talk for hours, Nick told her all about his family back home and Colette recalled her life in Liverpool.

Nick didn't try to push Colette into a physical relationship, instead waiting until she was ready. She was grateful for that, but they were both very aware of their desire for each other.

Nick had casually told her that he had some rubbers so there was no need to worry. She did worry though, she didn't know what he was talking about, and she felt a bit silly. So she decided to see if Katie could throw any light on the subject.

Katie was in the dark too.

"You don't suppose it is one of those language barrier problems again do you?" Katie asked. "You know we call it the loo they call it the john, tap and faucet etc?"

"Maybe...but how can we find out, I don't want to look an idiot"

Katie was thoughtful. "When are you seeing Nick again?"

"He is coming round tonight, why?"

"When he comes round, you can be writing a letter to your Mum. You can ask him to pass you the rubber, because you have made a mistake, and we will see what he passes you. That way we can sort out this confusion. What do you think?"

"Anything is better than this uncertainty."

That evening when Nick arrived he found her at the table writing a letter.

"Hi, honey," Nick kissed her cheek. "What are you doing? Oh, you are writing to your Mom, give her my best wishes."

"I will," Glancing at Katie, Colette said, "Oh, pass me the rubber Nick, I made a mistake."

"Pardon?" Nick looked incredulous.

"Can you pass me a rubber please?"

"Umm...a rubber...?" Nick couldn't understand the connection, and he was beginning to wonder what to do for the best. In the end he decided to throw caution to the wind, and took a small packet out of his pocket and dropped it on the table.

Colette's eyes fell on the little square packet, her face flushed scarlet and she looked up at Katie. Katie saw what was on the table and put her hand over her mouth, to cover her laughter.

"I think perhaps we might be talking at crossed purposes here." Colette struggled to say through her embarrassment. "I meant the rubber, over there on the sideboard."

Nick looked over to where she was pointing.

"You mean the eraser?" He said picking it up, and handing it to her.

"Um...yes. You call it an eraser?"

"Yes."

"I see, well we call it a rubber."

Nick grinned, picking up the contraceptive, he asked.

"So what do you call this then?" He laughed as Colette's face went even redder.

"We call them French letters." Katie replied, she had never seen Colette look so uncomfortable, and she couldn't help but laugh.

Nick put the contraceptive back in his pocket.

"So that is why you looked so confused when I told you the Air Force supplies us with rubbers." He whispered in her ear.

"Nick, shush." Colette hissed at him.

"Don't mind me," Katie said as she got up and went into the kitchen.

Colette didn't know what to say or do. She was so embarrassed. Nick could see how uncomfortable she was, and tried to deflect the situation.

"At least you know that is one less thing you have to worry about." At her questioning look he answered, "getting 'into trouble'." He sat down and pulled her onto his lap. Putting her arms round his neck she kissed him, and then buried her red face against his shoulder.

"So you are planning to have your wicked way with me, are you?" She said, as she sat back, her eyes wide and innocent looking.

"Only if you want me to..." He began kissing her persuasively and she melted in his arms. "Can we go to your room?" He whispered huskily between kisses.

"Nick...I'm nervous."

"It's ok baby. I'll stop anytime you want me to."

Colette could see Katie busy in the kitchen. She put her head round the door.

"Umm...we are going to listen to some music in my room for a while."

Katie smiled, "Ok lovey..."

Colette took Nick up to her room and she put a Glen Miller record on the gramophone. Turning to Nick she smiled apprehensively.

"Come here, baby." He beckoned her with a smile. Butterflies were doing summersaults in her stomach as Colette walked over to him.

Very gently he bent and kissed her.

"Darlin', just because we are in your room, does not mean that wehave to do this. Let's just relax and enjoy each others company and see where it goes, ok?"

Colette relaxed a little and began to enjoy his kisses. He held her face in his hands as his mouth explored hers. His hands dropped to her shoulders and he pulled her to him. He was so tall next to her that she felt all safe and protected in his arms.

Her hands began to explore his chest, running over his hard muscles. Nick took deep breaths, he had to stay in control for fear of frightening her, but her little hands on his body felt so good.

Slowly he unbuttoned her blouse, glancing at her to make sure she was ok with what he was doing. She sighed as his lips followed his fingers. Slipping her blouse off her shoulders, he nuzzled into her neck, Colette clung to him; he was making her feel so good.

Feeling brave she undid Nicks shirt, running her nails through the little golden hairs on his chest. She pushed his shirt off and it fell to the floor. Tentatively she kissed a nipple, feeling it grow hard under her lips, and she began to realise the power she could have over him as she moved across to the other.

Unclipping her bra, Nick bent down and began to lick and suck her nipples, Colette gasped at the sensations he was giving her, her knees buckled and she sat down on the edge of the bed. Nick gently pushed her back against the pillows and started to kiss his way down her body. He slid one hand up her thigh under her skirt; and getting no resistance, he undid her skirt and slipped it off. He sat back drinking in her beauty as she lay there wearing just her panties.

He stood and removed his own clothes, she watched him apprehensively, her eyes raked down his body and her eyes widened in alarm at the sight of his erection. Quickly lying down beside her he whispered in her ear.

"It's ok baby, don't worry."

"But Nick..." Taking her hand in his he placed it on himself, her fingers curled around him. "It's so big I don't think...."

"There is nothing to worry about, I will wait until you are ready. He trailed kisses across her stomach, and gently removing her panties, he began to stroke her gently.

Feeling the delightful sensations he was giving her, she began to stroke his manhood, hoping to make him feel as good as he was making her feel.

Nick dipped a finger inside her and spread her moisture over her clit. He heard her gasp as he did so. Gently stroking her, he listened to her moans of delight.

"Oh Nick... this feels so good, I had no idea...it could be like this...oh...please...make love to me."

"Not yet baby, I need to be sure you are ready." He kissed his way down her body, lying between her legs he gently pushed her thighs apart and looked at her glistening folds. He watched his fingers stroke her there and then he leaned forward and circled her clit with his tongue.

"Oh... God!" Colette gasped, she couldn't believe he was doing this to her. But she also couldn't believe how it made her feel. Slowly licking her clit, he pushed a finger into her, moving gently inside her, he added another finger. He knew his size could sometimes be a problem and he didn't want to hurt her. Slipping another finger inside her, he gently moved them in and out until she got used to it. He could feel the tension in her legs, as he continued to lick her clitoris, and then she cried out as she experienced her first orgasm. He looked up at her face, her cheeks were flushed, and her mouth was open in astonishment as she lay there gasping.

He reached into his jacket pocket, removing the little packet, he ripped it open with his teeth, rolling the contraceptive down his length, he then crawled up her body and positioned himself over her. He took his weight on his arms and looked into her eyes.

She could feel him at her entrance, and she was momentarily scared.

"Are you sure you want this, baby?" he whispered in her ear.

"Oh...yes..." She breathed back to him.

Slowly and gently he pushed himself into her warm and welcoming body.

Colette could feel him filling her, stretching her. All fears that he was too big disappeared, as he began moving inside her. She couldn't believe how good he felt, and she slid her hands down to his buttocks and squeezed him closer.

Nick looked into her eyes; he needed to know he was not hurting her. The glazed look on her face was proof enough and he dipped his head and kissed her lips. She moaned into his mouth as she enjoyed the sweet intrusion of his body in hers.

An exquisite tingling began at her centre, every muscle in her body began to tense, Nick was getting close too, and he began to move harder and faster, she felt so good that he didn't think he could last very much longer. Just then Colette cried out as her orgasm washed over her, tingling down to her fingers and toes and causing her eyes to squeeze shut.

Her tremors inside were enough to sent Nick over the edge, thrusting deeply he spilled his seed into her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie was leaving the house with her dog and she heard the passionate cries from the window above. Smiling to herself she set off across the fields. She walked up to the perimeter fence of the Air Base, and watched some of the planes land.

As the last plane landed she could see the crew rush up to their commanding officer, they were all talking at once, and snatches of their conversation drifted over in the breeze.

".... Hit.... went down...bailed out...missing..."

Katie recognised one of the men, Alex saw her standing by the fence. As he walked towards her she could see the solemn expression on his face. She tilted her head in bewilderment, why was he looking at her like that?

He began to tell her what had happened, the words washed over her as she stood in a daze trying to take in the information.

Kevin's plane had been shot down. Kevin was missing.

Chapter Seven

Kevin fell to his feet and immediately rolled onto his side. Leaping up again he quickly gathered up his parachute and ran into the shelter of a nearby forest. He looked around him to see if he could find any other members of his crew.

Hearing a moan nearby, he followed the sound and found Bob. Bob was the navigator; he was also a Negro. Kevin dropped down on one knee beside him.

"Where does it hurt?" Kevin asked.

"It's my leg, I think it is broken." He winced from the pain as he spoke.

Kevin took a look at the leg; it was very red and swollen.

"Yes, I think your right, can you wait here a minute, I need to look around for the others."

"I only saw two parachutes other than ours, I don't think anyone else got a chance to get out." Bob explained.

Kevin first went to the edge of the forest and looked out at the surrounding fields. He could see nothing, so he scouted around amongst the trees. For a long while he could see nothing. Then something made him look up.

"Oh, no!" he said to himself as he tried climbing up one of the trees. Two of his crewmembers were caught up in the trees by their parachutes. As he got to the first one, he could see his neck was at an unnatural angle. It was broken. Kevin climbed back down and went over to the other man. He had an horrific head wound and was obviously, also dead. Kevin took one of the dog tags that were around their necks, when he got back to Base he would hand them in so that their families could be informed of their deaths.

Kevin ran back to Bob. At Bobs enquiring expression, Kevin shook his head.

"They didn't make it."

"We need to bury them," Bob said "But I don't know if I will be much help to you." He looked down at his leg.

At that moment, they became aware of the sound of vehicles in the distance.

"Much as I hate to leave them here, I think we need to get away as soon as possible, otherwise we will be caught. Can you get up?"

"I'm going to have to try, will you give me a hand please?"

Kevin helped him to his feet, and supporting him under his arms, they made their way in the opposite direction from the sound of approaching vehicles. They kept within the trees. Bob was in a great deal of pain, but he knew he had to keep going or they would be caught. Kevin was quietly impressed with the black man's courage. They kept going until they could no longer hear the vehicles. After what seemed like an eternity, they came to a clearing and could see the outbuildings of a farm.

They made their way towards the farm. It was very quiet, except for the animals. Kevin helped Bob into a barn and set him down behind a bale of straw.

"I need to see if anyone is here." He explained. "Then we have to decided what to do next."

Bob nodded, despite his dark skin he looked pale, he was in a lot of pain.

Kevin slowly and quietly made his way across the farmyard. He heard a gentle voice singing. Looking into the cowshed, he saw a woman milking a cow. Her back was to him, so she was not aware of his presence, although the cow looked round at him.

He quietly walked away from the cowshed and looked into the other outbuildings. But he could not find anyone else. He had to assume she was here alone.

Going back to Bob, he explained his findings.

"Now, do we ask her for help and risk being handed in, or what?"

"Kevin, I really cannot go on any longer, the pain is too bad. If you think the risk is too great, then I think you should go on without me, and I will take my chances here."

"No." Kevin was adamant. "We stand a much better chance if we stay together. Anyway she is just a woman alone. If necessary, I could easily over power her."

Kevin didn't feel too comfortable about getting rough with the woman, but if it was necessary...

"I will go and speak to her, maybe she will be able to help."

Kevin looked out of the barn in time to see the woman enter her house. Taking a deep breath, Kevin walked up to the door and knocked on it.

The woman anxiously looked around the door as she opened it.

"Oui?" She looked him up and down and checked over his shoulder to see if he was alone. Seeing that he was indeed alone she seemed a little more comfortable.

"Umm...parlez vous Anglaise, s'il vous plais?" He asked tentatively.

"Yes...you are American?"

Kevin was relieved she at least spoke English.

"Yes, American, our plane crashed, we parachuted out but my friend has broken his leg."

"Where is your friend?" She once again looked over his shoulder.

"He is in the barn, can you help?"

The woman set off towards the barn, stepping inside, she looked around her. Kevin pointed out where Bob was lying. She walked over to Bob and took a look at his leg. Shaking her head, she asked.

"Can you help him into the house? I need to call the doctor."

Kevin helped Bob to the house. When they got to there, they could already hear the woman speaking on the phone. Kevin could not understand a word she was saying, and he was worried that she could be reporting them to the occupying forces.

"The Doctor will be here as soon as he can. Now then, while we wait for him, would you like something to eat?"

Kevin and Bob both agreed that food would be very welcome.

"I am Kevin and this is Bob, and you are?"

"My name is Annette, now Kevin if you wouldn't mind going out to the chickens and fetch some eggs, I will cook them for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, back in Suffolk, Katie threw herself into her work. Keeping busy, kept her mind from worrying about Kevin. There had been no new information and the uncertainty was killing her. Reluctantly she realised she was more concerned about Kevin than she had expected, or wanted to be.

Every night she walked Hamish up to the perimeter fence of the Airbase. Sometimes she would see someone she recognised and they would come over to talk. They were sympathetic, but they had nothing new to tell her. There was simply no news.

"No news is good news." Colette would tell her.

This was little comfort to Katie. Although Kevin had been seen to parachute out of his stricken plane, he had been over occupied France at the time; he was still in grave danger.

Tears ran down Katie's face once again.

She hoped that he would be able to make contact with the Resistance who could help him get back to England. Back to her...

Chapter Eight

Kevin and Bob were eating their eggs when Annette ran into the kitchen.

"Quick, upstairs, there are German soldiers coming."

Kevin jumped up and helped Bob up the stairs. Following Annette along the corridor, she led them into an attic room, at the back of which she revealed a false wall. She ushered them inside and closed it behind them.

Annette ran down stairs and quickly cleared away all evidence of the meal. Just as she was finished, there was a loud banging on the door.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. Five German soldiers stood at the door. In broken French the officer told her that a plane had come down nearby and there were possible 'enemy' soldiers in the area.

Annette told them, that she had seen no one.

"Then you won't mind if we look around." The officer said, and he pushed passed her.

The soldiers marched into her house and began to search each room. Having looked around the ground floor, they started up the stairs. Annette sat down beside the range in her kitchen and waited.

Up in the concealed room, Kevin and Bob were listening to the Germans as they stomped about searching each room. As they sat silently on the floor, they heard the footsteps getting closer. Kevin held his breath. He felt sure that they were the other side, and he was waiting for the wall to be opened, revealing their hiding place.