Over Here

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kevin was due back in time for the New Years Eve dance, and everyone was looking forward to it.

That night as Katie lay in her bed, she could hear the sounds of Colette and Nick's lovemaking. Although she was happy for them, she knew it was going to be embarrassing when Kevin next stayed over. She felt that she was very lucky that he was being so patient with her. She never imagined a man could be so understanding about her problem.

She had spoken to her doctor about it, but as she was now a single (widowed) woman, he was not prepared to do anything about it, although he had said, that she needed to be completely relaxed and comfortable with her partner to be able to resolve the problem.

The problem was, shedidfeel completely relaxed with Kevin, until she thought about consummating their relationship, and then she just clammed up inside. She could not see a way around the problem.

Eventually Katie dropped off to sleep, as the moans of pleasure in the next room died down.

Colette found it depressing returning to work after her honeymoon. The weather was bitter cold, and the ground they were trying to dig was as hard as rock, as they tried to harvest some root vegetables.

Katie started her day, as always, milking the cows. She was at least inside, out of the bitter cold easterly wind. There was always something so peaceful about milking, she thought to herself. She would lay her head on the animals' warm side and sing gently as she milked. The cows seemed to like her, and always stood quietly as she worked. When she had finished she returned the cows to their barn and fed them. Then she had to muck out the dairy ready for next time.

Katie spent the rest of the day working in the field with Colette and the other land girls, until it was too dark to continue. They then went back to the farmhouse where the farmers' wife had been baking.

"I have been trying out a new war time cake recipe." She told them as she pushed the plate towards them. The girls dutifully took a piece each. The cake tasted a bit unusual, but the girls politely said it was fine as they washed it down with a nice hot cup of tea. Mrs Dixon-Smith could tell by their faces that they were just being polite, and she thought maybe she would give that recipe a miss in future.

As Katie and Colette walked home later, they could feel the cake sitting heavily in their stomachs.

"What do you think was in that cake?" Colette asked.

"I think I would rather not know." Laughed Katie, "It didn't taste like any cake I have ever eaten!"

When they got home, Katie took Hamish for a walk as Colette made them some tea. Nick always ate at the base. Because he worked in the kitchens, the kitchen staff always ate their meals after everyone else on the base had been fed. Sometimes Nick was able to bring home something special to share with the girls, like some fruit or a cake.

Luckily tonight was one of those nights, and when Nick got home he produced half of a delicious cake for them all to share. They told him about Mrs Dixon-Smiths effort earlier that day. Nick said he would try and get some useful ingredients for her.

A couple of days later, Colette was able to deliver some flour and sugar to Mrs Dixon-Smith. She was thrilled, and to show her appreciation, she asked her husband if the two girls could help her in the house that day. He readily agreed, as work outside was a bit slow at the moment.

Katie and Colette were happy to be able to work in the warmth of the farmhouse, for a change, and when Mrs Dixon-Smith saw their chapped and sore hands she promised to have them help her in the house on a regular basis.

As the girls made their way home, they were both pleased that they would be working, part of the time at least, in the farmhouse. They didn't mind working hard, but the cold was difficult to tolerate day after day.

Not long after they got home, there was a knock at the door, and Colette heard Katie squeal with delight when she found Kevin on her doorstep.

She pulled him into the house and kissed him soundly.

"I am afraid I have got some bad news about the dance." He began.

"Oh no, it hasn't been cancelled has it?" The girls said together.

"No, but we were supposed to have Glenn Miller come to play for us, and he has gone missing during a flight to Paris over a week ago."

"Missing?"

"Yes, quite a mystery...no-one knows what happened, but we assume the plane crashed."

"That's terrible!"

"Some of the guys have put together a scratch band to play at the dance, so it can still go ahead."

Soon after, Nick came home. As it turned out Nick was in the new band, apparently he could sing. Colette was thrilled!

"My husband the singer!" She said to Katie, grinning from ear to ear.

On the night of the dance, the girls got themselves ready carefully. They helped each other with their hair. Their men had given them each, new nylons, and they carefully put them on.

Katie had acquired some material and had made herself a lovely full skirt. She knew it would move beautifully as she danced.

Kevin called and picked them up in a jeep, a truck had been laid on to collect girls from the village, but tonight's dance was very popular and Kevin thought it would be more comfortable for them if he called for them himself.

The hall was packed when they arrived. As usual there was a table full of food, but this time they were also offering freshly cooked doughnuts, still warm.

When the band struck up Colette looked proudly to the stage as Nick took his place. The band was actually rather good considering they had been brought together at the last minute. Everyone was up and dancing including Kevin and Katie. The one drawback for Colette is that while Nick was singing he could not dance with her. But occasionally he was able to dance while the others in the band played some of Glenn Millers music, Little Brown Jug, Chattanooga-Choo-Choo and Moonlight Serenade.

After an hour or so the band took a break. Nick joined Colette and they went and got a drink and sat with Katie and Kevin. Katie had been drinking rather more punch than was usual for her. She was feeling very mellow, and happy.

Unexpectedly Kevin asked to be excused and made his way up to the piano. Katie watched him curiously as he sat down and started to play. She was only a few feet from the stage.

"You must remember this..." Kevin began to sing.

Katie's eyes filled with tears at the sound of his beautiful voice. She had no idea that he could sing like this.

"...and when two lovers woo, they still say I love you..."

Kevin continually looked into her eyes as he sang. He was completely absorbed in the song. It was as if they were the only two people in the room. He made Katie feel very special.

"...as time goes by." Kevin played the last few notes of the song. The whole room erupted in applause as Kevin made his way back to Katie's side.

"That was beautiful." Katie told him as he sat back down.

"So are you." He told her, as he took her hand and planted a gentle kiss on her palm.

Chapter Seventeen

As midnight approached, Nick stood on the stage and counted down to the midnight hour.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Happy New Year!!!"

The whole place erupted as everyone cheered and started to celebrate. The band struck up again and everyone danced the rest of the night away.

Nick finally got a break from singing as the band played the last waltz. He took Colette by the hand and gently led her onto the dance floor, where she slid into his arms as they began to dance.

Katie had had a little too much to drink, when Kevin led her to the dance floor she stumbled slightly and giggled. Kevin waltzed her expertly around the room, singing quietly in her ear. In Katie's alcohol induced haze, she felt like she was floating on cloud nine, with this beautiful man's arms around her, and him singing to her. As the music finished Kevin lowered his head and gently kissed Katie's lips, and she melted in his arms.

Because Nick had been singing all night he had not been drinking, so he drove them all home in the jeep. They let themselves into the house, and saying goodnight, they went off to their rooms.

Katie was feeling a bit unsteady and she stumbled into the room. Kevin caught her before she could fall and she giggled as she looked up into his eyes.

"Oh Kevin...I think I've had a bit too much to drink." She giggled.

Kevin took hold of her shoulders to steady her. As he looked down into her face he remembered their kiss at the dance and he couldn't help himself. Dipping his head he captured her lips with his own. Katie leaned into him, one hand touching the side of his face, her mouth opening to his probing tongue.

They were standing beside the bed, and Katie sank down onto it as though her legs could no longer hold her up. Kevin unbalanced and fell forwards and they both ended up sprawled across the bed, kissing passionately.

Katie was undoing his shirt buttons, slipping her hands inside and caressing his chest. Kevin moaned at her touch, as her hands continued to explore his body, she was driving him to distraction and he was trying his best to keep his control.

She pushed his shirt off of his shoulders and down his back, as she started to kiss his neck, her hands trailing down his body to his waistband.

"Katie," he murmured breathlessly, "are you OK with this?"

Katie nodded as she continued kissing and caressing his body. Kevin gave in to the moment and began unbuttoning her blouse. She moaned as he slipped the garment off of her and undid her bra. She gasped as the cool air touched her skin, to be replaced by Kevin's hot mouth on her breasts.

Katie was having trouble with the button of his trousers and he left her side briefly to remove the rest of his clothes. He gazed down at her; she stretched like a cat as she lay on the bed looking back at him. Her arms above her head, he watched her gently arch her back as she stretched.

He undid her skirt and slid it down her hips and legs leaving her dressed in just her stockings and French knickers. She held out her arms to him and he crawled back onto the bed and into her arms.

His mouth hungrily took hers again, as one hand trailed down her side till he reached her stocking tops. He stroked the exposed flesh of her inner thighs and she moaned and opened her legs slightly; his hand slipped between her thighs pushing aside the lacy knickers he stroked her moist folds. She writhed under his touch and reached for him, her hand closing around his erection and caressing him with firm stokes.

Kevin closed his eyes as she caressed him. Kissing her, his tongue seeking entrance to her soft mouth, his fingers explored her moist centre and one finger slid inside her body. He was surprised how easily he slid into her, slipping another finger into her, moving them both in and out. Katie groaned aloud and moved against his hand.

Kevin kissed down her breasts, down over her stomach to her thighs, gently kissing the soft skin there, he parted her lips and gently explored inside. He flicked at her clitoris with his tongue; he could hear her breath coming in gasps, as he tasted her.

Katie's head was swimming, not only with the alcohol but also with desire, his tongue was driving her wild, and he dipped inside her body sending shock waves through her. She had never felt like this, her hands clutched at his head, grabbing handfuls of his hair. As his tongue continued its assault, licking and flicking over and around her clitoris until she cried out as she climaxed.

"Kevin!!" She gasped.

He could stand it no longer, he moved swiftly up her body, and gently pushed aside the lace of her French knickers, positioning himself at her entrance, he looked deep into her eyes, he could see no fear this time. She smiled up at him as he slowly entered her body.

She let out her breath in a sigh as she felt him fill her; he lay still for a moment, giving her the chance to get used to the invasion of her body. She felt so tight and warm around him and he gently began to move within her. Slowly he withdrew and then slid back inside, she lifted her legs around his waist and he slid in even deeper. He moaned in ecstasy as her walls encased his length. He could feel the silkiness of her stockings as she gripped him with her thighs, and the lace of her knickers gently scraped along the length of his shaft as he began to move faster, sliding in and out of her, driving them both towards the edge.

Katie was getting light headed as her senses spiralled out of control. Clutching him to her, as he thrust deeply inside her, she felt an almost unbearable tension throughout her body, until finally she was sent head first into the abyss; closely followed by Kevin as he came to, his essence erupting inside her.

They lay gasping for air for a few moments, then Kevin propped himself up on his elbows and looked down at her.

Her face was flushed; her eyes were on his soft mouth as it descended to kiss her once more. He broke away smiling at her.

"This is an unexpected pleasure...." he murmured against her lips, his southern drawl even more evident than usual.

"It certainly is." She answered shyly. "I guess the punch took away my inhibitions."

Kevin slipped out of her, and lay beside her, when he suddenly realised something.

"Katie, Honey, I didn't use a rubber!"

Katie felt a momentary flash of panic. She looked at him to see his reaction. His worried eyes met hers.

"Well...neither of us was expecting this to happen..." she began not knowing what else to say.

She loved Kevin with all her heart, but the uncertainty of war...the possibility of a child...she didn't know what to think.

"We could always get married." Kevin stated.

Not exactly the romantic proposal she had always hoped for, Katie thought as she shook her head.

"You don't have to say that." She told him. "We don't know that I definitely will get pregnant."

"Even if you are not...Katie I love you, I know I should speak to your parents first, this has come out of the blue...would you at least think about it?"

Katie nodded.

Kevin pulled the bed covers over them both, and took up his usual position, cuddling her from behind with one hand around her waist. His hand lay against her stomach. He fell asleep like that, wondering if a new life was starting beneath his hand.

Katie heard his breathing become quiet and she knew he was asleep. Her mind was in turmoil. Marriage? She had never meant to get involved with a Yank; she smiled at the thought of what her father had said ... over sexed and over here... If she had to tell him she was pregnant.... and where would they live? She assumed she would have to move to America with him. So far away! All these things kept turning over in her head until, finally and exhausted, she fell asleep.

Chapter Eighteen

When Katie woke up the next morning, she turned and looked at the beautiful man lying beside her. He was still asleep and she lay there for several minutes just looking at him.

As though he could feel her watching him, he opened his eyes; she was always amazed at their colour.

"Good morning darlin'." He snuggled in close. "How did you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you." She blushed as she remembered the night before. "I think that punch has a lot to answer for."

"I am not complaining, are you?" He snuggled up behind her, and she could feel his erection pressing into her backside. "It is no good," He said. "I have to go pee. But I don't like the idea of having to go to your outside toilet."

"You can always use that." She pointed to the chamber pot under the bed.

"I don't think so, and anyway the cold will help to get rid of this." He indicated his aroused state, and made a silly face. "You can't pee like this."

Katie laughed as he got up and got dressed.

"Can you let Hamish out while you are at it, please?"

"OK." He called back to her, as he made his way downstairs.

He let Hamish out, and made his way down the frost-covered path. On his way back to the house he passed Nick.

"Hey, you two kept me awake last night!" He winked at Kevin.

Kevin gave him a withering look. "You can keep that sort of comment to yourself, in front of Katie, OK?"

"Sure man, no problem."

Kevin let the dog back indoors, and went back upstairs. He found Katie already dressed.

"Oh," He said petulantly, " I thought we would stay in bed a bit longer!" He slipped his arms around her.

"I am afraid the cows still need milking, even on New Years day."

"You have to work?" He was incredulous.

"I only have to help with the milking. The cows have to be milked twice a day, every day, no matter what day it is. " I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Katie, have you thought about what I asked you last night?"

"About getting married?"

"Yes." He replied.

"Yes."

"Yes you have thought about it or...?"

"Yes, I will marry you." She smiled.

Kevin pulled her back into his arms. "Really? Darlin' that's great, I will have to ask my senior officer for permission, and I have to ask your parents too...I suppose I should ask them first..."

"Kevin, slow down, you don't have to ask my parents permission. My father gave me away to my first husband. I am my own woman now."

"OK but I still have to ask my senior officer, I will go and see him while you are at work. " Oh, Katie, you have made me so very happy." He squeezed her tightly to him.

Katie hugged him back. "OK, you go and see him, and I will see you later."

Kevin dropped Katie off at the farm, and then drove on to the Airbase.

He went to his senior officer, who gave him a set of forms to fill in. Kevin looked at him questioningly.

"I thought it was just a formality?"

"I am afraid the Air force is tightening up on the wedding applications. Get those forms back to me and I will send them through as soon as I can."

Kevin went to his barracks. It was very quite on the base today. Once he had finished he took the forms back.

"That was quick." The officer commented. "I'll put these through tomorrow."

"Thank you Sir, I would appreciate that."

Kevin returned to Katie's house where he had breakfast with Nick and Colette. Soon after, Katie returned home. She had had breakfast up at the farm, but she did bring some fresh milk back with her.

They spent the rest of New Years day together, playing games like charades. Later Katie and Kevin took Hamish out for a walk.

It was a crisp cold winters afternoon, the grass sparkled with the frost on it, and it crunched underfoot as they walked. Katie let Hamish off his lead and he ran off in search of rabbits, he never managed to catch any but it never stopped him trying.

They walked along hand in hand. As they were walking along the perimeter fence, Katie noticed more buildings had been erected on the far side of the Air base.

"What are they?" She asked.

"Oh, more barracks, we are expecting more troops to arrive very soon."

"More?"

"Yes, they will be training here."

"Training for what?"

"We don't know yet, and even if I did, you know I couldn't...." He grinned apologetically.

"Yes I know, I shouldn't ask. Sorry." She couldn't help being worried though.

They made their way back to the house. Where they found Colette had the dinner well under way. The men huddled together talking quietly.

Katie couldn't help but think that something big was being planned. There were rumours of a planned invasion. But nothing was ever confirmed, obviously.

While they waited for the dinner to cook, Katie and Kevin decided to write to their mothers about their forthcoming wedding. Once they had written the bulk of the letter, they swapped over so that they could each add a message to the other's letter.

After dinner Kevin and Nick had to return to the Air base. It was back to work as usual tomorrow. The girls saw them off at the front door, with a goodnight kiss.

1...56789...12