Pakistan Presidential Election

Story Info
How the Pakistan President and future PM came together.
2.4k words
4.11
29.6k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: This work is copyrighted to the author LuckOfTheDraw in the year 2007.

Please do not remove the author information or make any changes to this story. This story may not be posted to any site, free or otherwise, without the written permission of the author. Thank you for your consideration.

LuckOfTheDraw also further warrants that this work is purely a work of the imagination, intended only and solely as Humor and Satire. No offence, hurt or harm of any kind whatsoever is intended to any person's sensibilities, be they nationalistic, political personal, or of any other form.

============================

Press Report: Asked about the "deal" which she inked with President Pervez Musharaff, Benazir Bhutto allegedly replied: "Pakistan is constructing a new future and President Musharaff is the tool that has made it possible."

=============================

President Pervez Musharraf sat in the comfort of PAF One and gazed pensively out of the window. He was on his way to have yet another meeting in Dubai with the head of the Pakistan People's Party, Benazir Bhutto; on his way to make yet another attempt at striking a deal that would allow him to remain in power and for her to return to Pakistan as the Prime Minister. What made these meetings so damnably frustrating was her insistence that he "shed his uniform" if he wanted to remain President. He was a soldier through and through, a commando in fact, and he often boasted that his uniform was his "second skin". But all to no avail; she remained as obdurate as ever. So, no deal.

He had met her in London, he had met her in Washington, he had met her in Zurich. He'd even met her in Paris, in May, in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. He'd wondered why on earth he was wasting his time, because the meetings were always like a rerun of an old and unpopular movie. His wife Sehba seemed to feel the same way; and had archly remarked just before his departure that perhaps it was meeting her that had had become more important rather than the deal itself. He had gruffly dismissed the possibility of course, but her demure smile remained.

Now, as he gazed at the sparkling waters of the Persian Gulf far below, he suddenly realized that Benazir was indeed an extremely attractive woman. I must be getting too involved with my work, he thought to himself, to have not noticed or thought about it. Her perfect complexion, fair skin, oval face tending just a little to a heart shape, large lustrous expressive eyes, and above all, her luscious full lips were everything a virile man could desire. Her hair was thick and shining, and he recalled that her figure - even when hidden behind the voluminous folds of her shalwar kameez - was obviously still well-preserved and lush. Come to think of it, he had never bothered to read her dossier, which were part of the papers for every meeting he'd had with her. On a sudden impulse, he picked up the docket lying on the table in front of him and leafed rapidly though it.

Yes, there it was, a comprehensive backgrounder. With photographs. As he turned the pages, Musharaff's eyes widened. There was a photograph of the younger Benazir in a white microskirt, sitting in a chair with legs crossed, showing an incredible amount of skin, nearly all the way up. Some more photographs, all in the same category. Her husband was one lucky man, Musharaff realized. No wonder he'd always kept her pregnant, even when she was in power, leading to the jibe that her party - the PPP - was the Pregnant PM's Party! Her nickname was Pinky, as he'd known. Pinky, eh? Well, maybe he'd find out the truth of that, he smiled to himself.

So perhaps he'd been taking the wrong approach, talking down to her as the President of Pakistan and the Chief of Army Staff. Treating her as just another politician, another Nawaz Sharif even. Maybe the way to win the deal was to talk to her as man to woman. He was no stranger to that, had been reputed as the king stud in the Army in the old days, and Sehba even these days said she always needed to keep a weather eye skinned. He'd surprise her by coming across as relaxed and full of humor, he decided. Pull her leg, shock her a bit, and let's see how she responds.

PAF One touched down soon afterwards, and after the usual welcome reception and other elaborate formalities, Musharaff found himself being driven to the Emir's palace. Usually he basked in the sheer sense of power and ego that an overseas visit always engendered, but on this occasion he had sensed himself impatient with the welcome ritual. He was impatient to see Benazir, he realized. And now just to seal the deal.

As always, a one-on-one had been scheduled immediately after the initial photo-op meeting with aides present. When the aides left the room, he turned to her to find her eyebrows lifted slightly and an amused smile playing on her parted lips. She was dressed in a soft pink kameez and a white embroidered shalwar, her lips were painted a bright shiny red a, and her eyes lined delicately and stylishly with mascara. She looked good enough to eat, he decided, and maybe that was just what she wanted him to do.

"I really prefer an informal personal meeting." he smiled.

"So do I." she replied. "so very much more.." she paused. "Meaningful".

He was intrigued by the pause and the way she had looked straight at him with her lips parted. He decided to introduce a humorous note, a la Reagan, he thought. The Great Gipper!

"Although some of these official do's can be fun. Unusually so." he continued."The other day I had hosted a reception for the visiting South Korean head of state. My wife asked the South Korean ambassador, And when did you have your last election, Your Excellency? He was silent for a second and then replied, Befole blekfast! Ha ha!" Musharaff chortled.

Benazir joined in the laughter. She had a good unselfconscious full throated laugh.

"That's a really old chestnut, Pervez." she smiled.

The use of the first name took him aback. But he was not a commando for nothing.

"So we share a sense of humour, Pinky?" he said laughingly."But do you know, I thought he had a twinkle in his eyes."

'Maybe Sehba did too" she replied deadpan.

She laughed again at the dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Just teasing, Pervez." she smiled again. Her eyes were very dark and luminous now. " But your autobiography says that you're no beginner when it comes to teasing and practical jokes."

"That's again something we share." he responded with a grin." I'm beginning to wonder if there's more to come."

"Why don't we surprise each other?" she laughed again.

Just then there was a knock on the door. An aide peered respectfully in.

"Just another couple of minutes" said Musharaff. The aide withdrew and the door shut again.

"Pinky," continued Musharaff."After this we have an official lunch followed by two hours of open talks. Let's carry on with that, with the understanding that we'll work through the details of power sharing should you return. After that I am officially supposed to meet the Emir and then leave back for Islamabad. I believe you are scheduled to return to London later tonight. But i suggest we continue our one-on-one on a strictly confidential basis here in the Emir's palace. I'll speak to the Emir and make it appear I am staying behind for an official purpose. He'll make the arrangements for a secret meeting between us later. He's most discreet."

"That sounds perfect." Benazir replied." I'll plead a minor bout of illness to stay behind for the night."

And so it was that Musharaff and Benazir met alone in the ante room to Musharaff's suite. The Emir had been true to his reputation. The meeting was absolutely secret.

"May I compliment you on how wonderful you look, Pinky." said Musharaff gallantly.

"Thank you, Pervez. You are definitely the most dashing President around." responded Benazir.

They were facing each other, seated in plush chairs opposite an ornate and exquisite centre table. Flanking one side of the table was a velvet-furnished couch in a rich purple shade.

"We seem to be on the same side at least as far as mutual admiration is concerned." continued Musharaff. "This augurs well for our relationship."

"Perhaps we should explore this a little more...closely." said Benazir, a light in her eyes.

"Then why don't we move to the couch? That will set the stage, as it were." said Musharaff quickly.

"Certainly. We do after all have to learn to get comfortable in each other's presence." she said with a teasing smile."Or am I getting ahead of our discussions."

"Not at all. I was about to say the same thing. But I do have a Presidential Prerogative to exercise. So let me formally invite you to the couch."

"How can I refuse the President of Pakistan, when he puts it like that?" said Benazir laughing. " You are going to wrap me round your little finger, at this rate."

"You have a lot to find out."said Musharaff, also laughing. "There, that's much better. I suppose the reporters would say that the President and Ms Bhutto are moving closer to each other."

"in fact, they might even say that the head of the PPP has come under the President's spell. And they would be right."

"Let us agree, then, that we will govern Pakistan hand-in-hand."

"Gladly, Pervez. As the PPP head, I must say I find the grip of the military president more refreshing than I thought. Firmness is often called for in affairs of state."

"Now, how shall we get around the problem of the Presidential election?" asked Musharaff.

"As you know, Pervez, I am impatient to see you shed your uniform." responded Benazir her fingers lightly tracing his thigh.

"But I am the Army Chief as well. I cannot shed my uniform while I am the Chief of Army Staff."

"Let me make a suggestion, Pervez." said Benazir, her hands and voice growing bolder."Let us agree to a secret extension of your title, known only to you and me. How does Chief of Army Staffs sound to you? The Chief Staff!"

"Pinky, I am taken aback by your brilliance and charm. How can I not rise to the occasion and accept your suggestion?"

"Wonderful, Pervez. Now let us work on bringing the President and PM closer to each other."

"You are aware, Pinky, that our constitution expressly says that the Prime Minister shall govern at the pleasure of the President?"

"An iron constitution indeed, Pervez."

"I was speaking of the Constitution of Pakistan."

"And I of yours, Pervez."

"Your voice is attractive beyond belief, yet the voice of the President must often override the voice of the PM. Shall we practice this?"

Silence for a while.

"We speak in one voice, Pervez, one tomgue. The head of PPP welcomes the embrace of the warrior."

"Pinky, you know you have had problems in the past with hidden assets. As your President, I must ask you to disclose your assets. I shall of course courteously assist you in this effort. Help you make a clean breast of things, as it were."

"Thank you, Pervez. Oh, you have such a sure and experienced touch."

"I have decided that the PPP must clasp me to its bosom."

"As your pleasure decrees, Pervez. Oh, it is such exquisite joy to disclose and surrender our assets to you. Please do not rush the process. You must be thorough. Explore all hidden peaks and valleys. Lick the problem once and for all "

"I shall now shed my uniform. A second skin to me, Pinky."

"The uniform of the Chief of Army Staffs is your first skin, Pervez. It suits you even better."

"I shall now begin a detailed exercise of my Presidential Prerogative."

"A powerful weapon indeed, Pervez."

"You must have a taste of its vitality."

Silence again.

"Pervez, your iron control has won me over completely. My voice is now the voice of the Presidential Prerogative."

"I would now ask you to reveal to me the Prime Minister's agenda."

"My agenda is open for inspection, Pervez."

"I must get a feel and a taste of it, study it from cover to cover, uncover its hidden touchstones."

"Oh, Pervez, the PPP is going wild under your administration. Never have we reached such heights of pleasure."

"Your agenda is most excellently placed. Exactly at the centre. Neither to the Red Left, nor to the Purple Right. A perfect Pink, by all that's wonderful."

"Oh Pervez, that was wonderful. Are the President and the PM now going to be joined at the hip?"

"I shall now drill down to the uttermost depths of your agenda, in exercise of my Presidential Prerogative."

"Ohhhh Pervez, the PPP is giving itself up utterly to you. Take us all."

Silence after a while.

'Oh Pervez, I am truly overcome and exhausted by your flood of Presidential Directives. Yet I sense your Presidential Power has not waned."

"Not yet, Pinky. I was reserving the best for the last. Now comes the final and climactic exercise of my Presidential Prerogative. As you know, effective governance can only take place when the President is fully behind the Prime Minister."

"Oh Pervez, how well you guessed my most secret and passionate desire. To be the Prime Minster, with the Army Staffs presenting arms in front and the President behind me!"

"But first I must satisfy myself as to your political fundament. Ahhhhh, perfectly rounded, I see, flexible and adaptable to changing circumstance, yet firm. A creation of elegance, nurtured carefully indeed. It shall be my pleasure to place my full weight and power behind you."

"I cannot wait, Pervez. Hurry!"

"Feel the thrust of my Presidential power" roared Musharaff, driving home the point.

"Yes yes harder harder. Ohhhh I love the exercise of your executive privilege."

"Now tell me" gasped Musharaff. "Am I only your President?"

"Yes yes..I mean..no no, Pervez. You are everything most important to me. You have fashioned a new Prime Minister, and you are the Tool that did it. Ohhhhhhh. And not just me, Pevez, you are so wonderful. For all Pakistanis, we will create a new Pakistan and for this ....YOU...ARE...THE...TOOL!!!!"