Parent-Teacher Conference Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers

"What bed?" I asked.

"This one," Lara says as she moved toward the table and set her hand on the bed that I know I didn't see a moment before.

Now I was scared and confused. I moved toward Lara and she helped me onto the bed. Byer took an object from the table and held it to my eyes for a few moments then pulled it away and said, "You are correct Lara, the optic receptors of Alexis Perry are not functioning properly. Alexis Perry, has there been any time you have seen a room with color in it?"

"The room I met Lara in. The tub and changing area was rich with color and the smells were so pleasant. Come to think of it, that was the first room I remember smelling anything and it was darker than any other room I'd see before. But then, I've been in about 5 rooms including this one so I don't have much to compare it to."

"I see," said Byer. "Your optic receptors were damaged from your last encounter with the trackers."

"I know that, I was there after all."

"I have not seen you since I did my repairs so I did not know if what I had done had worked or not. I was only told of your reaction when you awoke and trusted you were well. I see now I should have checked on you myself. I can help you though."

"How?" I asked.

"An easy repair. Your optic receptors need help to heal." He grabbed what looked like a pair of dark sunglasses. "These filters will help. You cannot process color due to the amount of light you are being exposed to and the damage you sustained from your attack. As your optic receptors heal and become stronger, the dark lenses will lighten and fade until they are clear. Once they are clear, I will remove them and you will be well."

They reminded me of the dark sunglasses Fleck and Wyman always wore. I sighed and asked, "What if I chose not to wear these?"

"You risk permanent damage to optic receptors and you may return to the level of damage that you came here with," he said.

I know now I have to explain my hesitation, as much as I don't want to. "These... things... they remind me of Fleck and Wyman, I-I-I mean the trackers who attacked me, they wore something like this."

Just speaking their names made me feel nauseous and nervous. Byer looked at me with what I thought was a blank expression. Lara asked, "They wore optic filters?"

"I guess, we call them sunglasses," I said.

Byer puts his hand on my shoulder and said, "I do not wish to cause you pain Alexis Perry. I only wish to help. You need these filters or your vision may revert back to your pre-injury levels."

"Well," I said. "Do these filters come in a more flattering style?"

"I do not understand Alexis Perry," said Byer.

"Something, oh say, smaller maybe," I said.

Lara smiled and said, "I'm sure Byer could come up with something."

NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers
12