Patrick Ch. 05

Story Info
The aftermath.
5.2k words
4.72
27.5k
25

Part 5 of the 15 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/30/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers

Kevyn woke up feeling as if she hadn't slept even though she knew she had. She dragged herself off of the sofa and headed to the bathroom for a shower and then to the tiny kitchen to fix herself a bowl of cereal. Her thoughts ran to Patrick and whatever had happened between him and Melissa, she hoped for his sake that whatever happened hadn't gone beyond a kiss.

"He said he stopped." she muttered under her breath as she poured milk over her cereal.

She couldn't remember if she left her phone on or off and went to check it relieved to find that she had left it on.

"Come on Kevyn," she said out loud, "he's not going to call you." and then she felt an inexplicable sadness at the thought. She pushed the feeling away and ate her breakfast as she decided where she was going to study for the morning. It was another nice day which made the park tempting but then she did have to work tonight and she always like to sleep for a couple of hours before going to work. As she was trying to decide, her cell phone rang, she recognized the number as work.

"Hey Kev, this is Lola from staffing, we've seriously screwed up your schedule."

"Meaning what?" Kevyn asked.

"Meaning that you're off for the next five nights...."

"What? That's a serious screw up! I can't afford to miss four shifts!" Kevyn protested.

"I know and I'm sorry." Lola said, "But I can do this, you've got a shit load of vacation time-I can authorize vacation pay for you."

"That's great but that's straight pay, it doesn't include the night shift differential." Kevyn argued.

"I know it doesn't but its better than not being paid at all isn't it?" Lola asked.

"I guess." Kevyn conceded, "So when am I on again?"

For all practical purposes, she was off for the week, "well, I guess I'll go to the park." she muttered.

During the time she was on the phone her cereal had gone to mush, she forced herself to eat it grimacing the entire time; she couldn't afford to just throw it away. Breakfast finished, she decided to pack a snack just in case she stayed past lunch time and then decided to throw something in the crock-pot.

She dug around in the small freezer until she located a small roast, she made room on the tiny counter for the crock pot, put the roast in and then mixed in a bowl a can of cream of mushroom soup, a package of onion soup mix and a half a can of cola and poured it over the meat and set it on low.

An hour later, she was at the park sitting in the same spot that she sat in the week before. The sun was warm on her back but she loved the feeling and didn't move. She was going over her test when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hello."

Kevyn turned to see the man who had spoken to her the week before standing behind her.

"Hi."

"Look, I came on a little too strong last week and I wanted to apologize."

"Ok. Thanks." Kevyn said and turned back around.

"That offer for coffee still stands."

"No thanks."

"I could go get it and bring it here."

"Look, Stu-that's your name isn't it?" Kevyn asked.

"Good memory...."

"I'm not interested, I have a fiancé and I know that he wouldn't approve so thanks but no thanks."

"It's because I'm white isn't it?" Stu asked.

"What? NO! That has nothing to do with it." Kevyn replied.

"Then what? Because I don't believe that you have a fiancé."

Damn it! Why was it that everyone knew when she was lying? Kevyn wondered.

"Alright, here it is, I don't have a fiancé but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not interested. It has nothing whatsoever to do with your skin color but everything to do with that you're a man. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go."

Kevyn packed up her things and left without saying goodbye. She counted the money in her wallet and decided to spend the morning in a burger king where she could sit all day as long as she bought coffee or pop and hopefully she would be undisturbed. She also decided that from now on she would avoid the park, seeing the same man two weeks in a row was a little unnerving and it looked like he wasn't going to leave her alone.

She went to the counter at the burger king, ordered a coffee and found a quiet corner where she could relax and study. The problem was that she kept thinking about Patrick and every time she did, she tingled all over to the point where it was uncomfortable.

She checked her phone several times becoming disgusted with herself, finally she turned the phone off and put it away. Once she did that she was able to buckle down and study stopping only to go to the bathroom and to get a refill on her drink. It was well after four when she left the restaurant and got on the bus to go home.

The smell of cooking meat greeted her making her stomach rumble, she changed into her sweats and washed a potato to nuke in the microwave. As she waited, she turned on her phone to see that she had four missed calls.

******

Patrick at up long after everyone else had gone to bed, he couldn't get around the fact that he could still hurt someone, that he had in fact almost hurt someone and would have if Ethan and Martin hadn't gotten there in time. The fact that Melissa pushed his buttons was beside the point, he had lost control and it shouldn't have happened. He realized that he had any number of options that he could have chosen but at that moment none of them were obvious.

He wanted to apologize to Melissa but couldn't, she wouldn't remember him as her assailant and he didn't want to waken any memories of him. With nothing else to do, he logged in to his school account to send an email to the class notifying them that he would no longer be teaching the class but to show up anyway. He was surprised to see an email from Melissa and wasn't going to read it until he saw the time stamp. He read the email and then deleted it; she was gone for good he hoped. He also hoped that she learned something although the way it happened he wouldn't have wished on anyone. He sent the email to the other students and then sent one to Kevyn.

"Kevyn,

Thank you again for agreeing to let me call you, I know that you work tonight but if you have a free minute, could you call me?

Patrick"

It wasn't quite five in the morning and he wondered if Veronica and Vanessa were still up. As much as he wished that he could forget what happened, they would want to know, it could help them in their research in figuring out why some males knew their mates and why some didn't. He also wanted to know why the bond didn't stop the anger from rising. He picked up the phone and spoke with Vanessa.

"Hi Uncle Patrick!"

She listened quietly as Patrick described the events of the past few weeks.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"I'm... ok, I just don't get it." he said, "I found my mate so why do I still have this anger?"

"Is the woman alright?"

"Yes, thanks to your dad and your Uncle Martin."

"Are you going to be staying at mom and dad's?"

"Yes for now anyway."

"I think that's a good idea, I'll talk to Veronica and see if we can come over there tonight if you're up to it." Vanessa said.

"I want to figure this out so come if you can." Patrick said.

"Uncle Patrick?"

"Yes?"

"I'm glad that you were with it enough to call for help and we love you."

"I love you too, I'll see you tonight."

Patrick hung up and looked at the time again, Kevyn would be asleep. Instead of calling her like he wanted to do, he began to think about how he was going to explain things to her. The first thing he would tell her was about last night and Melissa since she already knew that something had happened, he was hoping that telling her would give him some indication of how she would react when he told her about his past. He went to his room still thinking of how he would tell her, but there was something else, he had to spend time with her. According to Eustace, Kevyn was his grounder, as long as she was with him he and any green eye red-haired woman would be safe. When they talked he would ask her out for a cup of coffee, it would be a start.

Patrick took a long hot shower wishing that it would wash away everything that happened over the past few weeks except for finding Kevyn. Guilt and anger washed over him as he replayed the events of the evening in his mind. He was angry with Melissa but even angrier at himself, "Why didn't I just walk away? Why didn't I....."

He stopped himself; the fact of the matter was that he did nothing that he could have done but to be fair he hadn't expected to find Melissa in his office laying on his desk for all practical purposes naked.

"Damn it!" Patrick swore as tears of anger and disbelief ran down his face. He was a rapist, would always be but he had banked his hopes that he would never rape again on finding his mate and it hadn't happened. He got out of the shower dried off and went into the bedroom wearing only a towel wrapped around his waist.

Ethan was sitting in an armchair waiting for him.

"How are you holding up?"

Patrick shrugged, "not too well if I want to be honest about it, what are you doing up?" he asked.

"I wanted to be available to you." Ethan replied.

"Katrina..."

"Knows and understands." Ethan replied.

"Why do you think I knew Kevyn but finding her didn't take away the anger?' Patrick asked.

"I have no idea." Ethan replied.

"I've already called the girls; they're supposed to come over this evening." Patrick said as he sat down on the bed. "I feel like shit! I should have been able to control myself."

"Patrick, it wasn't entirely your fault, you warned her, you tried to get her to drop your class...."

"But I should have been able to control myself!" Patrick exclaimed. "Maybe I should quit teaching at least until we have this thing figured out."

"What about teaching online?" Ethan suggested.

"That's a possibility I suppose."

"Patrick, talk to me, you can tell me anything and it won't leave this room." Ethan urged.

Patrick hesitated for a moment, "when it was happening, part of me was horrified and wanted to stop but part of me....part of me didn't want to stop, it wanted to teach that .... Girl a lesson and god help me but Ethan, it felt good!"

"Why did you call for help?" Ethan asked.

"Because as good as it would have felt, it was wrong and no matter what she did to push my buttons; she didn't deserve what was going to happen to her if you and Martin hadn't gotten there." Patrick replied. "And it wouldn't have been worth the guilt that would have come afterwards.

I keep thinking about all of the things that I could have done and didn't do. I could have left the office and called security or even left the office and come here but I didn't. How much of not doing any of those things was a conscious decision or shock I don't know."

"When you called for us, you were panicked." Ethan said, "It was clear that you were in trouble but I can't tell you if what happened after you called to us was a conscious decision on your part only you can answer that."

"I know. It's something that Eustace and I are going to talk about today. I think he's planning to call Mason for some input."

"Are you alright with that?" Ethan asked.

"I don't care if he calls the president, I just want to understand and deal with what's happening." Patrick said.

"Have you spoken to Kevyn this morning?"

"No not yet, it's too early but I sent her an email asking her to call me when she had a chance. I want to take her out for a cup of coffee." Patrick replied.

Ethan hesitated; he didn't think that it was wise for Patrick to go anywhere alone.

"I know that you need and want to see her but I think that someone should go with you. Once you're with her, they can back off and she won't even know that they're there."

"This is part of it isn't it? The consequences for being what I am and because of what I've done." Patrick replied.

"It is." Ethan confirmed, "And it won't get any easier but remember that you have us to lean on, whatever you need you've got it."

"Except that you can't make this whole thing go away." Patrick said Patrick said softly.

"I wish that I could." Ethan replied meaning it, "I wish that I could go back and stop it before it had a chance to start but we have to deal with what is. Let me know if you're going out and either I or Martin will go with you."

Patrick waited until 10 to call Kevyn and left a message when she didn't pick up. He tried again at eleven, one and then again at three becoming more nervous with each unanswered phone call. What if she changed her mind about talking with him? He wondered and the he wondered what he would do if that were the case, every woman who looked like his victims would be at risk.

"Slow down!" he admonished himself, "maybe her phone is off or the battery is dead." he muttered. Just as he was about to call her again, his phone rang.

*******

Kevyn listened to the voice messages and noted that in each message, Patrick sounded a little more nervous, it was as if he was afraid that she wouldn't call him back. She checked on the meat in the crock pot, stirred it around and then called Patrick back, he answered on the first ring.

"Kevyn? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine; I had my phone off so that I could study, what's going on?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk." Patrick replied.

"Are you alright?" Kevyn asked.

"I'm ok, I won't be teaching the class for the rest of the semester, I don't know who they're going to get to replace me but if you need any help with getting ready for a test I'll be glad to help you."

"Thanks but I think I'll be alright." Kevyn replied.

"I know that you work tonight but is there any chance that we could meet for a cup of coffee?"

"I.....I'm off until next week." Kevyn replied.

"How'd that happen?"

"I don't know," Kevyn replied, "some kind of mix up with the schedule."

"So how about that cup of coffee?" Patrick asked.

"I don't know, I mean you said...."

"It's not a date, I just want to have a cup of coffee with you and I am no longer your instructor."

Kevyn hesitated.

"You can even bring spunky for protection if you like." Patrick said.

Kevyn laughed, "Yeah well spunky is unavailable at the moment but ok, I'll meet you for coffee, where and when?"

"Is there a place close to where you live?"

"Not really unless you want to have coffee at the 'Del Taco' she replied.

"That works, how about seven or is that too late for you to be out?"

"No that's fine, and it's the 'Del Taco' on Main and Crescent st."

"I'll find it, see you soon."

Kevyn hung up with very mixed feelings, she was excited, nervous and scared all at the same time, "It's just coffee" she told herself as she popped the potato into the microwave.

*******

Patrick breathed a sigh of relief and then became nervous, what was he going to tell her? "The truth" he told himself as he looked at the clock, it was just past five. He called Vanessa back to tell her to come later in the evening as he would be out with Kevyn.

"Someone is going with you right?" she asked.

"Yes, either your dad or your Uncle Martin is going with me." Patrick replied.

"Good." Vanessa said, "What are you going to tell her?"

"The truth, I can't and won't lie to her."

"I'm glad to hear that although she would know even if you tried to lie to her."

"There is that too." Patrick replied. "Have you filled Veronica in?"

"Yeah and she sends her love. The lab is almost ready if you want to go over there and set up your space."

"My space?" Patrick asked.

"Sure, you're a part of this team and you get your own office as well as a place to sleep if you can't get home. The rest of the lab equipment should be here in a day or two but in the meantime we're reading through the files of the vampires who have agreed to be studied."

"I really hope we can figure this out." Patrick said.

"It's going to take some time but we will." Vanessa assured him.

******

Patrick found Ethan in the kitchen with Katrina and Victoria who were making dinner.

"Smells good." Patrick said by way of announcing himself.

"Uncle Patrick!" Veronica squealed and ran toward him leaping up into his arms.

"Hi pumpkin." Patrick greeted with a kiss on the cheek.

"Papa said that you're staying here for a while, I'm glad."

"I'm glad that you're glad, what are you making for supper?"

"Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and salad." Victoria replied.

"Sounds good, did you make extra for me?" Patrick asked, "You know I might not leave any for you" he teased.

"Oh Uncle Patrick!" Victoria replied giggling.

Patrick set her down on her feet and looked over at Ethan, "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Not before you speak to me!" Katrina said as she dried her hands and walked over to Patrick. "I'm glad that you and the girl are both alright." she said as she pulled him down for a kiss on the cheek.

"Katrina.... Thank you, I know that it can't be easy having me here."

"You're family and you need us." Katrina replied taking his hand in hers, "and we all love you, now go talk with Ethan supper should be ready in about ten minutes."

******

Six-thirty.

Kevyn went through her closet for the third time trying to decide what to wear although all she had was jeans, tee shirts and sweatshirts. She ended up wearing her best pair of jeans with a tee shirt that she had never worn before, her heart pounded as she showered and then dressed. She ran a comb through her hair and took on last look at her self in the mirror before leaving her tiny efficiency.

******

Patrick was already at the restaurant waiting outside for Kevyn to show up. His stomach was in knots not so much because of seeing her but because of what he knew they would talk about. He leaned against the wall not looking at or speaking to anyone; he could see Ethan out of the corner of his eye and relaxed slightly.

He spotted Kevyn about half a block away and walked to meet her.

"Hi, thanks for coming." he said when he reached her.

"Hi and you're welcome."

They walked back to the 'Del Taco' in silence neither of them knowing what to say.

Patrick led them to a table far in the corner that gave a little privacy and went to get their coffee. Kevyn didn't miss the envious looks she received when she walked in with Patrick nor did she miss the lustful gazes that he got. The idea that anyone would look at him like that angered her and a flash of jealousy followed that anger, the strong emotions startled and frightened her at the same time. When a woman about her age approached Patrick, the need to protect trumped all of the other emotions; she got up from her seat and walked over to where the woman and Patrick stood.

"I forgot to tell you that I like a lot of cream in my coffee." she said glaring at the woman who got the picture and walked away.

Patrick wasn't attracted to the woman at all but it made him feel good to know that Kevyn was so protective of him. It also confirmed something else; she was drawn to him as much as he was to her. That knowledge went a long ways in calming his nerves.

"I didn't ask if you were hungry." Patrick said.

"No, I'm good, I ate before I came." Kevyn replied as she mixed the sugar and cream in her coffee.

"How's the studying going?" Patrick asked feeling completely at peace for the first time in almost twenty-four hours.

"Ok and I can see why you split the endocrine system into two sections." Kevyn replied. "Dr. Sinclaire...."

"Patrick." he interrupted.

"Ok, Patrick, why are we here?"

Her bluntness caught Patrick off guard but it told him that she was a straight shooter.

"I wanted to explain about last night."

"You don't owe me any explanations." Kevyn said taking a sip of her coffee. "You're both adults and you can do whatever you want." she added. Suddenly the coffee didn't taste so good.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers
12