Patrick Ch. 07

Story Info
Claimed.
5.4k words
4.75
32.2k
29

Part 7 of the 15 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/30/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers

Kevyn changed into her sweats, brushed her teeth and got ready for bed. She really did have a good time with Patrick and felt much better about the kiss since he called her and told her that he liked it. Also, telling her that he didn't think that she was like Melissa went a long way toward making her feel better about things too.

As she flipped on the television she tried to understand why she felt that he needed to be protected, not physically but emotionally. Part of her reaction to the women flirting with him was jealousy- she didn't understand that either but that damned need to protect him really got her.

She channel surfed she found a movie that looked boring enough to put her to sleep, she fell asleep still trying to understand what was happening.

******

Patrick turned on his laptop to do some more work on the online class, he felt exhilarated that Kevyn was going to see him again, with each contact he felt a little more in control of himself. He was reading through the syllabus when his phone rang. Thinking that it might be Kevyn, he answered right away.

"Hello?"

"Uncle Patrick? Hey it's me Veronica.

"Hey Ronnie, everything alright?"

"Yeah, we were wondering how your date was."

"If you want to know how I feel, I feel great but what else do you want?"

"We would like to meet Kevyn."

"No."

"But..."

"Veronica, I'm willing to help you and Vanessa figure out this crazy family of ours but I'm not willing to bring Kevyn into it just yet. I'm happier than I have been in years and I want to enjoy it, you'll just have to meet her when we decide that we're to the point where we feel that it's appropriate."

"Ok, I just thought I'd ask." Veronica said.

"No harm in that." Patrick replied.

He didn't ask about doing a repeat PET scan, it would be normal and he didn't want Veronica to try to convince him to do one while he was angry.

"Was there something else Veronica?"

"No, we'll catch up with you later."

Patrick hung up and went back to work he worked until late in the morning and decided to call Kevyn.

Kevyn was doing the practice questions on the disc that came with the textbook.

"Hi, did I wake you?" Patrick asked.

"No, I've been up for awhile studying." Kevyn replied pleased that he had called, "What are you up to?"

"I just finished proofreading the syllabus for the online class for the third time and thought I'd take a break and call you."

"Do you think that you're going to like teaching online?" Kevyn asked.

"I don't know." Patrick replied, "I've never tried it so we'll see."

"I thought about taking some of my classes online and decided not to."

"Why?" Patrick asked interested and pleased that each time they talked the conversation seemed to flow a bit easier.

"I know myself." Kevyn replied, "It would be too easy to put it off and besides I always did like going to school."

"So how's the studying going?"

"Ok I guess, I'm using the disc like you suggested and I actually like it better than I do the questions in the book."

"Good, what are your plans for the evening?" Patrick asked.

"I don't know, study I guess and watch some television. Why?"

"Would it be too soon to ask you out again?"

He knew that he was pushing a little fast but he wanted and needed to be with her. He was surprised when she said yes.

"But please no spicy food tonight if we're doing dinner and nothing fancy."

"You really are a blue jeans kind of girl aren't you?"

"I guess so." Kevyn replied.

She didn't tell him that she had never been to a fancy restaurant or that she'd never been to anything that she needed to dress up for.

"I like that." Patrick said sincerely, "hey when does softball practice start?"

"I don't know yet, I was thinking of not playing this season."

"Kevyn you have to have some fun, you can't study all of the time."

"But I do work and if softball has to go then it has to go, it's the least of my priorities."

"Understood." Patrick replied. "Want to go to the batting cages tonight?"

Kevyn sat up, she loved the batting cages but it was an extravagance that she gave up a long time ago.

"Really? I would like that!"

"Great, I'll see you at six." Patrick said, "And then we can go for something to eat."

They hung up each of them feeling good. Kevyn studied until five, took a shower although she was going to be dirty and sweaty by the end of the evening. It didn't bother her to think that Patrick would see her that way, and it was nice to be with someone who shared her love of sports. One of her goals was to someday host a party for each super bowl, World Series and NASCAR championship race there was. Lonnie had hated sports and would whine so much about her watching them that she stopped watching them until she moved into her little efficiency.

"Whoa Nellie!" she said to herself when she remembered Lonnie. She hated the fact that she kept remembering him and that she was allowing him to taint what could be a good thing if she would give it a chance, "go to hell Lonnie" she muttered. She dug through her closet for her 'Phillies' baseball cap, her glove, shoes and finally her bat. It was the one thing that she spent good money on and the only bat that she used, a Louisville Slugger that she bought with the proceeds of a tax return two years ago.

"Hello baby, come to mama." she crooned to the bat stroking its length, "it's been way too long."

Kevyn put on her rattiest pair of jeans and her 'Philadelphia Phillies' jersey and waited for Patrick to come.

******

Patrick dressed in old jeans and a tee shirt, his hair was pulled back into a tight pony tail that he put through the hole at the back of his 'Los Angeles Dodgers' cap. At the last minute he realized that he hadn't asked anyone to go with him.

"Fuck!" he swore.

He ran down to Ethan's office hoping that he would be free.

"Ethan, are you doing anything tonight?"

"Other than paperwork? No, Katrina and Victoria are going shopping for the evening, why?'

When Patrick told Ethan what he needed, he eagerly agreed.

"I want to see this woman, Eustace says she's gorgeous."

"She is." Patrick agreed.

"Where are we going?" Ethan asked.

"To the batting cages at the park."

"You're kidding me; you're taking your mate to the batting cages?" Ethan asked.

"She loves sports and she plays on her job's softball team." Patrick said proudly.

"Wow, a woman who loves sports! Do you think that she could get Katrina interested in football?"

Patrick laughed, "Good luck with that."

******

Kevyn jumped when she heard the tap on the door even though she was expecting it. She grabbed her bat and opened the door to Patrick.

"Hi."

Patrick stared at her; she was in his estimation as sexy as a woman dressed in a slinky gown.

"Are you alright?" Kevyn asked.

"You look fantastic." Patrick said.

"Ummm it's an old jersey and ugly old jeans." Kevyn replied.

"Yes but you look .... Are you ready?" he asked abruptly.

"Yep, I even have my own bat."

"They have bats there." Patrick said.

"I know but I like my own." Kevyn replied as she locked the door behind them.

Patrick walked behind her watching her ass sway in the old jeans and fought the urge to reach out and touch it, normally he was a breast man but he liked everything about Kevyn's body and hoped to actually see it without clothes in the near future.

When he opened the car door for her, he touched her hand and then kissed her temple. Kevyn gave him a curious look but got into the car without saying anything. She felt flushed and her stomach fluttered, she felt much the same way that she did when she was falling in.....

Ethan sat in the back seat unseen and watched Patrick and Kevyn together, he agreed with Eustace, she was gorgeous, she wasn't wearing make up and didn't need it; she was a good match for Patrick. He couldn't wait to tell Katrina that he got to play chaperone this time and to give his impressions of Kevyn.

******

Kevyn looked around the park grateful that there were a few batting cages available.

"Come on darlin' let's see what you got." Patrick teased after he got back from paying the fees.

Kevyn raised her eyebrows, "Was that a challenge I heard?" she asked.

"I believe so." Patrick grinned.

Ethan was amazed, Patrick could be playful but usually only with Victoria but this woman was bringing out a side of him that Patrick himself probably didn't know existed. He noticed that Kevyn herself was rather laid back but that she could be intense if the need arose.

"What position do you play?" Patrick asked.

"Pitcher!" she called out as she did warm ups.

They were at the cages until closing, Kevyn was tired and sweaty but she felt good, she would be sore in the morning but it would feel good.

"You're good!" Patrick said as they walked to the car.

"Thanks, so are you... have you ever played pro?"

"Nah, I'm a spectator only, what's your favorite sport?"

"All of them with the exception of sumo wrestling and horseshoes." Kevyn replied.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, you know what one of my goals is?"

"Besides being a nurse? No, tell me." Patrick urged.

"I would have a party for every super bowl, world series and any other sport championship that came along."

"Except for sumo wrestling and horseshoes." Patrick teased.

"Except for those, what sports do you like?"

"Almost everything except for sumo wrestling and ping pong." Patrick replied.

"I love ping pong! I used to be pretty good too."

"I like to play but not to watch." Patrick replied, "And that sounded like a challenge."

Ethan stood back and watched as Patrick and Kevyn bonded, Patrick was going to be alright, the fates had chosen well for him.

********

Linda paid off the last credit card leaving her 10,000 dollars in addition to the 5,000 dollars that Melissa had left in their account. She still hadn't come up with a plan to get to Patrick and the fact that he didn't have office hour's complicated things. She had already called twice and got the same response.

"Dr. Sinclaire isn't in; no I don't know when he'll be in. Yes ma'am, may I take a message?

She heard Carl come in and cringed, she breathed easier when she heard him go into his office and close the door. He told her before he left for the day that they needed to talk and that she'd better be home or else there'd be hell to pay.

"What now?" she asked herself when he left.

Her reprieve lasted only a few minutes, she heard the door to his office open and then heard her name being called.

Carl was waiting for her when she got to the den.

"Yes?"

"Sit down." Carl said his tone very businesslike.

Linda sat down and tried to think of what had him so upset.

"I went through my accounts and you've spent quite a bit of my money."

Linda didn't say anything but her stomach lurched.

"By my calculations, you've spent almost two million dollars, no let me correct myself, you've wasted over two million dollars."

"Carl I...."

"I'm not finished." he interrupted, "for the past two years you've slacked off on almost every party and social engagement that's come up, it stops now. From this point on, you will attend every social event, luncheon, fundraiser; everything you understand?"

"But you know that I get my headaches and...."

"There's the door." Carl said evenly.

When she didn't move he continued, "There is a dinner party tomorrow night and I fully expect you to be ready and to act like you're having a good time even if you're not."

Linda sat dumbfounded, Carl had been much more observant than she had realized.

"One more thing, you are not to pull one of your I don't feel well schemes, now go get ready for bed."

"What? It's only eight o'clock!" Linda exclaimed.

"I know what time it is now go get ready for bed, that's something else that's going to change." Carl said and then walked away.

Linda watched as the door to his office closed, she had allowed herself to get too comfortable and lax, she honestly believed that Carl didn't care whether she did any of the things that he just mentioned. As far as she was concerned she was now in prison with no way out. It didn't occur to her that Carl was offering her what she wanted and if she made the effort that she could learn to be happy with him.

"I have got to get out of here." she murmured as she stood up and headed to their room.

******** "So why aren't you married?" Kevyn asked as they drove to an IHOP for something to eat.

"I hadn't met the right woman, what about you? Why haven't you remarried?"

"I hadn't really thought about it I guess." Kevyn replied.

There was more to it than that but Patrick didn't press, he pulled into the restaurant parking lot and parked. He stopped Kevyn as she was about to get out of the car.

"Wait, let me."

Kevyn waited for Patrick to open her car door, when he helped her out he took her hand and pulled her into him and kissed her.

"I've wanted to kiss you all evening."

Kevyn felt a hot flash that she had finally begun to associate with Patrick and kissed him back. Patrick broke the kiss and smiled at her before leading her by her hand into the restaurant.

Heads turned when they walked in and eyes watched as they were led to a table. Patrick waited until Kevyn was sitting before sitting down himself. The waitress came over, took their drink orders and stole glances at Patrick whenever she could. She made frequent trips to their table interrupting their conversation with offers of refills and whatever else that she could think of. Finally Kevyn realized that the waitress didn't think that they were together, before she could stop the thought from manifesting, in her mind she screamed "mine!"

Patrick was about to take a sip of his drink and froze.

He had just been claimed.

Kevyn looked at Patrick shocked, "where had that come from?" she wondered as she felt a blast of heat radiate from her body.

""Excuse me." she said and rushed from the table and looked for a bathroom.

The bathroom was empty when she went in; she turned the cold water on full blast and washed her face. She looked at herself in the mirror and then washed her face again, this time she let the water run over her wrist before taking a paper towel, wetting it and putting on the nape of her neck.

Their waitress came in a few minutes later.

"Your boyfriend asked me to come and check on you, are you ok?" she asked with real concern.

"Boyfriend?" Kevyn asked.

"Yeah, the guy you came in with, if he isn't...."

"I'm fine." Kevyn said interrupting the waitress. "Tell him that him that I'll be out in a minute."

"Ok, I put a hold on your order when I saw you rush in here, are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine, really." Kevyn replied.

******

Patrick was stunned, he had never heard of a human female mate claiming her vampire mate but it had just happened. He wondered if he was supposed to accept in some way as the female did and then wondered how he was supposed to do that. He watched as Kevyn took off for the bathroom knowing that she would be confused by what had just happened. The only thing that she would know is that her life had just changed.

When she didn't come out after several minutes, Patrick sent their server in after her to make sure that she was alright. While he waited, he accepted Kevyn as his mate by simply saying yes. Whether she felt it or not he didn't know but he himself felt his spirit settle as he realized that there would never be another woman no matter what she looked like or what she said. Kevyn had just put the dragon back to sleep permanently but still he would have a chaperone until he was sure that he was one hundred percent positive.

He stood when he saw Kevyn make her way back to their table.

"Are you alright?" he asked searching her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I just... I'm fine." She said as she sat down, grabbed her glass of water and gulped it down.

"Is it alright to put your order in?" The waitress asked as she refilled Kevyn's water glass.

"Kev?" Patrick asked.

"Sure, thanks."

After the waitress left, Patrick reached across the table and took her hands in his and said one word.

"Yours."

Kevyn's mouth went dry, something life changing had just happened between her and Patrick of the two of them only he knew what it was.

"Patrick, what's going on here?" Kevyn asked not really sure that she wanted to know.

Patrick didn't know how to answer her and this wasn't the place to talk about it even if he did.

"This isn't the place for a private conversation and I need some time to figure a few things out." Patrick replied, "Can you give me a few days?"

"I guess..." Kevyn replied.

"I promise, in a few days I'll explain." Patrick replied.

Kevyn was surprised that she wasn't demanding an explanation now but that could change at any time. She was no longer hungry and asked if she could have her sandwich put in a takeout box. Patrick on the other hand had no problems with eating, he felt reborn.

Eyes followed them as they walked out of the restaurant but there was a difference, Kevyn didn't care, somehow she knew that Patrick was safe and that he was.... Hers. She shook head trying to clear it; none of this was making sense to her.

Patrick felt her confusion and could only assure her that what she was feeling was normal.

"Normal?" Kevyn asked, "from the moment I met you my life hasn't been normal." she replied thinking of the hot flashes and the night that she woke up so aroused that she had to relieve herself.

"What do you mean?" Patrick asked.

"Never mind, could you take me home?"

Ethan sat in the back seat and wondered what happened, Kevyn was obviously upset and Patrick was anxious.

Kevyn jumped out of the car not bothering to get her bat. Patrick jumped out and ran after her.

"Kevyn! Wait!"

Patrick caught up to her easily, grabbed her arm and hugged her to him.

"I know that you're confused and I owe you an explanations but I need some time to figure out how to tell you some things..."

"What things?"

Patrick sighed, "Melissa for one...."

"You said that nothing happened, did you lie?"

"No, I didn't lie I just didn't tell l you everything but you knew that."

"I've gotta study." Kevyn said pulling away.

Patrick reluctantly let her go and watched her as she ran up the steps into the building. He stood there for a few minutes debating whether he should try to talk to her again. Finally he decided to let it go and he would call her later.

"What happened?" Ethan asked when Patrick was back in the car.

Patrick didn't respond for so long that Ethan became concerned.

"Patrick, what happened?"

"She claimed me."

Ethan was sure that he heard wrong, "what did you just say?"

"Kevyn, she claimed me."

"Are you sure? I mean that isn't possible is it?" Ethan asked.

"Apparently it is because I felt it the second it happened."

"And?"

"She ran off into the bathroom and when she came back to the table, I accepted her."

"Patrick...."

"Don't say it, I know, I put the fucking cart before the horse but why would she claim me?"

"I don't know but let's go home and talk about it there."

******

Kevyn stripped and got into the shower, she stood still and let the hot water soothe muscles that were going to hurt like hell in the morning. Kevyn stood in the shower until the water ran cold, she got out, dried off and applied lotion to her skin before putting on what she called her thinking pajamas- bright pink sweat pants with a bright pink top. She then made her favorite comfort food, Microwave popcorn and hot chocolate with marshmallows and turned on the television.

It was time to face facts, in a few short weeks, she had fallen or was falling in love with Patrick and from all indications, he felt the same way about her. "Three weeks?" she muttered, "three weeks and what was there to explain? He said nothing happened with that slut." she said out loud and took a sip of her hot chocolate.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers
12