Peaches and Cream Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The phone beeped back "Chocolate pound cake with chocolate icing. Come see me Monday. :)." Catherine laid her phone down and picked up her novel, Pride and Prejudice. Lately she was interested in British classics again.

Catherine spent the afternoon a lady of leisure. She'd run into a neighbor, Alexis, at the post office and somehow ended up having lunch with her. Cat never realized how much they had in common. They were both single professional black women in their thirties. Alexis was a CPA who was thankful tax season was over.

They enjoyed a long lunch that included a few glasses of wine and dessert. When the subject of their personal lives came up Catherine groaned and Alexis threw up her hands. Both decided to not go further.

After lunch Catherine ran a few quick errands before stopping to fill her car with gas. She swore it felt like someone was watching her but when she looked no one was there. Just her nerves she decided. Ever since running into Matt she kept seeing him places or imagining him places. Tuesday night she thought she'd seen him at the grocery store. But he would never shop at a gourmet grocery store.

Catherine returned home energized. She opted to enjoy the afternoon and take her puppies for a walk instead of getting a pedicure. "Do you want to go for a walk babies?" Catherine cooed at them as she gathered their leashes. Cat hated to admit it but she was one of those annoying dog parents. One of those people, who call old dog puppies, put them in coats in the winter and talked to them in a sweet dulcet tones. It drove John crazy.

Catherine clipped their leashes on and headed the few short blocks to the river trail. Cat looked at her watch; it was still early enough that she would avoid the late afternoon traffic on the trail. She put on her sunglasses and started out.

************************

"On your left" Matt called out. The woman ahead of him turned around and moved over to the right. She was walking two small dogs that seemed to be meandering along. She suddenly stopped. Matt could not help but notice the appraising look she gave him.

She was too far ahead for Matt to see her face clearly especially with the big shades on. But he did like what he saw from behind. She was wearing a pair of navy shorts that showed off her long legs and shapely ass. The pecan skin, the puffy hair... suddenly Matt's mind turned to Catherine. He had to stop doing this to himself.

Matt didn't look at the woman as he jogged past. But when he heard the low whistle he had to stop and turn around. The woman had slid her sunshades back on top of her head. It was her. "Hi Matthew...for an old man you still look good."

*************************

Catherine was lying in Matt's arms while he read to her from James and the Giant Peach. It was one of the required readings for his class on Adult themes in Children's literature. "I cannot believe this is what Wake Forest English majors are reading these days."

"Cat, do you realize this book is banned in some places for its dark imagery. On the surface it's the story of a boy and some giant insects. But below that it's about trying to find with whom and where you belong. The peach is a symbol for where you feel safe, loved and supported to set out on a new path in life."

Matt buried his head in her shoulder and kissed her neck. "Cat, you're my peach."

In that moment Catherine knew that Matthew Raymond Walker was it for her.

12