Pentagram of Fire Ch. 10

Story Info
Inside The Lost Palace.
2.4k words
4.63
13.8k
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 10 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/14/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

a big thanks to anyone who read or voited for any of my stoires

When I woke up it took me a few seconds to remember where I was. Just as I was getting my surroundings sorted out there was a knock on the door.

"Enter," I said.

Leo popped his head in the door. He asked, "How did you sleep?"

"All right, thank you. It was just a bit weird."

"You'll probably take a few days to adjust." he said as he stepped into the room and sat down on the bed. " I was talking to Jessica and I have found you a job."

"Really, doing what?" I asked

"Just helping out in the kitchen. You know, peeling potatoes and helping with the cooking."

"That sounds okay. Tell me, do I have to see the alpha when he comes back?" I asked

"I don't think so as you've talked to me and I can relay the information to him by the way what is your name?" he asked.

"Sara" I said. I just didn't think fast enough to use a different name.

"Very well then Sara please report down to the kitchen at noon."

He said as he stood.

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"Nearly 11:30, so I would get a move on! You get dressed and I will take you down to the kitchen."

"But I have nothing to wear."

He left the room and came back in with a plain black dress and shoes. "Here, put these on."

"Thank you." I said as he left me to change. I quickly washed and changed Leo was waiting for me in the hall.

"Okay. this is the servants quarters. In your spare time you can wander the halls; but not when you are supposed to be working. We don't mind you staying here as long as you pull your weight. You'll be working from noon to 9 p.m.. After or before that is your own time. You will get one day off a week. Do you have any questions?"

"Yes! Where is the kitchen?"

Leo laughed at that. "Follow me and try not to get lost." he said with a bit of a snigger.

I followed him down more corridors than I care to remember. He brought me to a large oak door. He opened it and I walked in after him.

He said, "This is the kitchen. It may look big but you will find your way around in time."

A woman stepped up to him.

"Ah, Caroline! This is Sara, the new recruit. She's on the noon to 9 shift."

The woman nodded and Leo stepped out of the kitchen. "Okay Sara, today you will have the duties of potato peeling and washing dishes with me, OK?"

I nodded and followed her wherever she led. There were many other girls working in the kitchen. I had seen so many things today that I was loosing count. Caroline saw my confusion and laughed.

"This place is very confusing at first. But you will get your head around it soon enough."

We started to peel potatoes. Caroline was a very nice person . We chatted all through our job. She reassured me,

"Don't worry ,you'll fit in soon enough. It will take some time. So, how did you come to be here?" she asked.

I told her the same story that I had told Leo.

"Gee, you've had it rough can't you get back home?"

"I have no idea where home is since I don't know where they took me. I could be hundreds or even thousands of miles away from my home." I said.

Caroline gave me a sympathetic look. "You poor child! Then we'll just have to make you feel welcome here."

At that moment a man came running into the kitchen. "We have a major problem." he shouted. Everyone, in the kitchen, looked at him.

Caroline stepped up to him. "What's wrong Tom?" she

"One of the waitresses is sick and Dermot just showed up. That means we're short a waitress and we really need one more." he said.

"Is it really that important to send an other girl up?" Caroline asked.

"yes! You know the rules, one waitress to one guest."

"But I don't have any more girls that can waitress for you."

Tom said, "You need to find someone and fast!" as he ran out the door.

Caroline turned to every one in the room. She obviously was in charge.

"Okay, who wants to waitress?" she said to all those in the room. No one answered her. They just looked at her as she scanned the room.

"Okay fine! Sara you can waitress. It will give you a bit of experience."

Every one looked at me. Caroline came over to me and pulled me out of the door. I just thought to my self, "Please God don't let James be there!" The name Dermot rang a bell, but I didn't know why.

"Don't look so scared. You'll be fine. Put this on." She handed me a dress it was black with silver round the edges and along the waist.

"Now when you go in bow and say "What can I get you my lord?" You must always address him as "My lord!" Okay?" she said.

I nodded. She took me to Tom. She explained that I was new and hadn't waited tables before. He didn't seem to care.

"I don't care as long as she can take down orders and look pretty." he said.

He handed me a small note book and a pen. I was shaking with anxiety. Tom took me to a door. It was a side door into the main hall that was used by the servants. Tom opened it. There was an older man sitting at the table Tom pointed to. He looked refined, with longish grey hair.

"Okay, go over to him, bow, and take is order do you understand?"

I nodded in the affirmative. As I walked out it felt as if everyone else was looking at me and whispering among themselves. There were other women taking orders and handing out food and drink. I went over to the man I was meant to wait on, bowed, and said "My lord, what may I get you?"

He turned around to face me and we both went white as ghosts. I couldn't believe he was here how far did this bloody thing go!

"Sara?!" He asked.

All I could do was nod. He stood up and pulled me into a hug.

"Granddad, what are you doing here?" I asked.

Everyone turned to face us. Tom came rushing in. "My lord, if this servant girl is bothering you I will deal with her." he said.

The roar that came from my grandfather made all the people in the room jump out of their seats. He turned on Tom.

"This girl is no servant." he yelled at him.

Tom looked thoroughly confused. He just looked at me and said "I think you should go back to your room."

I nodded and went to leave.

Grandad yelled at me, "Sara don't you dare leave. Stay right where you are!" So I stood still.

"Do you remember the reason that our alpha left?" he asked the room.

Tom, and the rest, nodded in the affirmative.

"His daughter had been taken by the vampires we all know this." Leo said from behind me.

"Exactly! Do you know who this girl is?" grandfather said.

"The story is that the vampires had her captive and she escaped but she's just a servant." Leo said.

This angered grandfather even more. "Wrong! This is James's daughter, my granddaughter, and the heir to our throne." he yelled at everyone.

Leo looked at me "Is this true?" he asked me.

"Honestly I didn't know that my dad was your leader until I saw my granddad." I said.

Leo looked like someone had slapped him,

"I can't believe you're alive." granddad said while hugging me tightly.

"I'm so glad to have found you granddad." I said. I was speaking the truth. I was always close with my granddad until he mysteriously vanished.

"Why did you leave?" I asked him.

"I had to. I had to run the pack while your father brought you up until you were old enough to understand everything."

he said hugging me. "Someone bring up a chair for my granddaughter." he said in a tone that said "Don't you dare mess with me.". A chair was brought up in just a few seconds.

I sat next to granddad for the meal. I had to admit it was nice to see him again. While I was very young, he had left without saying anything to me. It broke my heart. I felt a tear coming to my eyes when I thought of that.

"Sara are you okay?" granddad asked.

"I'm fine I was just thinking about when you left without saying anything." I said while staring at my plate of food.

"Sara I am so very sorry but I had no choice in the matter I had to." he said as he hugged me.

I stayed with granddad the rest of the evening. I was starting to get tired. "I'm going to bed now granddad. I will chat with you tomorrow. Good night." I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

"Leo where is my granddaughter sleeping?" he asked.

Leo stood "As we thought she was a servant we gave her a room in the servants quarters, but, as we speak, I am trying to get her other sleeping arrangements."

I said, "No. It's okay Leo. I don't need a different room. The one I have is fine!"

Leo just shook his head. "Certainly not! We will not have our princess sleeping in servants quarters!" he said.

Granddad nodded in agreement.

"But I'm tired and want to go to sleep. Can't I just stay there for one night?"

Leo just laughed. "Should I leave you in the servant's quarters so that when your father gets back he can rip out my throat? I don't think so. Why don't you go for a walk until I know that your room is ready?" he said.

I looked at him. A walk sounded like a good idea. I kissed grandfather good night. Grandfather stayed behind. He said he had work to attend to, boring stuff.

Leo followed me out. "Your grandfather insisted that I follow you." he said.

I just rolled my eyes. Typical older relatives, I thought. We walked out into the grounds. I breathed in the fresh air it was nice to feel the air again. The guards were walking past us when they stopped.

"Is everything okay Leo? Is she bothering you?"

Leo laughed. "Do you have any idea who this is?" he asked.

"That's the girl we helped out yesterday." one of them said.

"Yes, and also this is James's daughter!" he said.

They just looked at me in disbelief.

"Really?!" they said.

"Yes she is! Dermot recognised her." Leo said.

All they could do was shake their heads and walk on. The snow storm started raging around the palace again. Leo put his arms around me and guided me back inside again.

It was then that Tom came running up to us. He breathlessly told us that my room was ready. Leo led me up to my new room. It was by far the largest bedroom I had ever seen.

"There are clean clothes in the wardrobe over there." he said while pointing at a mirrored door. "If you need anything someone will outside your door at all times. You're safety is very important. Sleep well." he said as he left the room.

To be perfectly honest, at this point I wasn't sleepy. I just wanted to get away from every one to try and look for the book. I opened the wardrobe. Inside there were different night dresses and dresses. I slipped on a silk strappy night dress.

Why I changed into this one, I will never know. To this day I still have no idea why I picked it out. I thought about going to the door to my room. But, with the two guards out side I knew that I wasn't going to get past them. In a hurry I went to the window.

This time I didn't have to smash it. I opened silently and easily. There was a small ledge just big enough for me to stand on, right outside the window. I looked down. Right below my window was a balcony. It didn't look too far down, so I slid my self over the edge, hanging from the window ledge.

I only had about a foot to drop. I dropped onto the balcony. I carefully looked into the window. It looked like some sort of library. I quietly opened the window and let my self in.

I went over to the library door and opened it, just a little. It was then that I heard the little voice again. Every time it guided me it got stronger.

"The basement! Go to the basement."

Since that voice hadn't ever let me down I trusted it. But where the hell was the basement? I ran along the corridor hoping I wasn't seen. The corridor opened into a large hall with a grand staircase leading down to a lower level. I ran down the flight of stairs.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard my grandfather talking. So I ran to the side of the stairs where there was a small door opening into the space under the stairs. I went into that space and closed the door behind me. I could hear my grandfather talking.

"Yes, James will be most pleased she's here. Have we heard anything from him?" he asked.

"The last we heard they were at Luna falls chasing the vampires. However we haven't heard from him since my lord." Leo said.

"That is most disturbing! Does Sara know?" he asked.

Leo replied, "No, we didn't tell her my lord."

"Very well, I will wake her up and let her know. Where is she sleeping?" grandfather asked.

"Third floor right hand side." said Leo.

They both went off. I knew I didn't have long before they would find out that I was missing. Sure enough, as I turned around and ran down the stairs that were behind me I could hear my grandfather's roar. I ran down into the basement to meet the horrors that awaited me there.

To be continued...