Pentagram of Fire Ch. 14

Story Info
Another day, another power.
2k words
4.68
13.7k
1

Part 14 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/14/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

ok this is chapter fourteen there is one more after this then we go into the shadow that binds thank you to everyone who read or voted and of course to my editor.

*

In the morning we quickly got dressed and headed off. Damien was very quite. I knew why. He was as stunned as I was about my powers.

He eventually spoke as we were making camp that evening.

"Look, I'm sorry! It's just that you're extremely powerful. Much more powerful than I expected you to be. If you must know, I'm a little scared of what you can do."

I looked at him.

"Its okay Damien. I'll be honest with you. I'm also afraid of this power as well."

He looked at me. "You are?"

"Of course I am!"

He hugged me tightly. "Just remember, whatever happens I will always be here for you." he said as he kissed me.

"So, tell me what are your powers?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"Well, if we're going to be mated I'd like to know a bit more about you." I said.

"True!" he said as he giggled. He turned me to face a log.

"You see the log?" he asked. I nodded. He gave a motion with his hand the log moved about a foot or so.

"You can move things with your mind?" I asked.

"Yes, though I can't move things very far."

I looked at the log and made the motion with my hand the log flew towards us. I screamed and panicked and the log froze in mid air. Damien just looked at me then at the log then finally sense came into him. He pulled me out of the way of the log as it started to move again and flew past us.

I looked at Damien. "What just happened?"

"I think you're starting to really tap into your powers." he said.

I said,"Oh fun!"

He just hugged me tight.

"Do you think you could start a fire if were out of matches?"

I nodded. I had a fire going in no time at all. Damien held me tight against his chest as I fell asleep. When I awoke we were in the tent. I didn't feel at all well that morning. I ran out of the tent and vomited next to a tree. Damien came running out of the tent.

He asked, "What's wrong? Are you okay?".

"I just don't fell well, that's all. But we'll keep going." I said.

Damien rubbed my back as I vomited. We waited until I stopped vomiting before we set off. Damien stayed close to me. He was on edge.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He stopped. "We're being followed!" he said.

I looked around but I couldn't hear anything. However, I trusted Damien.

"Sara when I say run. You run and don't come back for me. Use your sword if you must."

I nodded as he drew his sword.

"Run and don't come back! I will come and find you go!"

I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I could hear yelling and sword clashing upon sword. But I kept on running. I tripped over a small log. A strong pair of hands grabbed me and pulled me up. At first I thought it was Damien, but a second look told me differently.

"Sara are you okay?" Leo asked.

I started to shake. Where the hell was Damien? My stomach was still feeling off and I vomited over Leo's shoes. Leo lifted me up and carried me off. I was in no fit state to fight. He brought me to a camp and laid me down. I looked around and got very confused as there weren't any other people there.

Damien stepped into the camp. I rolled over and vomited.

"Do you have anything that can help her Leo?" he asked.

I looked between the two of them and then focused on Damien.

"You're a traitor?" I said to Damien.

"No! I'm the traitor!" Leo said.

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

He handed me a cup of something but there was no way I was going to drink it.

"Drink, you will feel better it's not poison." Leo said.

"There's no way am trusting you." I spat at him.

Damien took the cup and drank from it.

"See, now trust my judgement." he said.

I took the cup and drank it. I had to admit I did feel better.

"So, how come your betraying James?"

Leo looked at me.

"Because he has forgotten all that we werewolves are and are supposed to be! Werewolves are not viscous like he's making us out to be. He needs to be stopped!"

"Then why come to us?" I asked.

Leo looked at Damien "Do you want to tell her the story or should I?" he asked.

Damien responded, "I will, Leo."

"Tell me what?"

Damien looked at me and took a deep breath. "Before I was a vampire and Leo a werewolf, we were brothers!"

I looked at them both. "Why are you only telling me this now?" I couldn't believe it. Brothers!

Damien responded. "There was no need to tell you, until now, and since even the council doesn't know, I am asking you not to tell them."

"Does James know Leo?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Like Damien, I would rather you wouldn't tell him either."

I nodded. "So what have you come to do or tell us then?"

Leo started, "Your father and grandfather are-" I cut him off in mid sentence.

"James is not my father! Didn't he tell you what he did?"

Leo shook his head. "He told us that your mother had to get IVF done but that you were his."

I shook my head and told him the real story.

"He raped and later murdered your mother and her family just to have you?" he said.

"Yes! Legally I am his daughter since he adopted me. But I'm not a blood relation of his."

Leo growled loudly. "That son of a bitch!" he shouted.

"Why?, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Rape is forbidden! It's punishable by death! It's one of the things we don't stand for, as is murder. It seams I have the knowledge to get rid of James as alpha but I need proof." he said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't give you any. Since were on a level playing field here what is James up to and where is he?" I asked.

"James is trying to get you back as he thinks that the vampires kidnapped you. He's heading towards the castle to launch an attack to get you back."

I nodded. I looked at Leo.

"I know this is a lot to ask of you, but would it be possible for you to run interference for us and keep them off of our tail as much as you can?" I asked.

"I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything." he said as he stood.

"Let's hope that one day you, not James, is alpha of the pack. You will do a much better job of it" I said.

"Thank you. Maybe one day we can unite the clans." Leo said as he walked off.

"How come you never told me?"

Damien shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't think it would be important." he said.

"Anyway, let's get going." I said.

He nodded, "How far to the next landmark?"

"Not far, a few hours or so."

We headed off. By night fall we reached the second point. It was a small temple. We ventured inside. It appeared to have nothing special about it. I lit a fire in my hand to see where we were going. There was a long corridor leading to an altar.

On the altar was a sheet of paper of some kind. I lifted it up and read. It said, "The origin of the vampire is steeped in mystery. There are many theory's on how we came to be but the one that has stayed with us is...". It stopped there. I looked at Damien.

"Where do vampires come from?" I asked.

He looked at me strangely. "Why do you ask?"

I handed him the paper. "This is from the book I found in the library." I said.

"No one who is available really knows for sure. The only person who could tell you would be John, and no one has seen him for nearly three hundred years. He could be anywhere!"

I nodded. It got me thinking. If only we could find John it would save a lot of problems. I turned to Damien.

"What about Alana's sister Claire? What happened to her?"

After killing and cursing her sister she was cursed and imprisoned by the ancients of the werewolves. Where she is imprisoned, no one knows."

I nodded. It was now extremely important that we got to the book before the werewolves did.

"We need to double our pace. Our trip is taking to long!" I said.

Damien nodded. We continued on only stopping to eat and feed. The weather quickly turned cold and soon we were hitting snow. The mountain came into view.

"Is there any other places we need to go to Sara?" Damien asked.

I thought back to the vision that Alana gave me

"just one and its over there." I said pointing to a ring of standing stones.

We walked over to them. In the middle was a small stone with a pentagram in the middle I put my hand on it. I felt like I was flying. I could see someone standing in the middle of the stones as I was. The person turned around. It was Alana again,

"Good! You followed my instructions. There is just one more challenge ahead of you and you have nearly all of your powers." she said.

Looking at my necklace she blew a freezing cold air into me. I was so surprised that I fell to the ground with a thud. I looked around for Damien. He was standing at the edge of the stones and he had his sword drawn.

"We're under attack. Get out of here." he shouted to me.

I stood, "No Damien. Get behind me." I said.

He looked at me as if I had two heads.

"Do it!" I shouted.

He got behind me. As he did, James appeared from the forest. He only had two wolves with him. Luke and Leo, who gave me an apologetic look as if to say 'I tried'.

James yelled, "Sara what the hell are you doing? Get over here this instant!"

"No, I'm never going back, never!" I shouted.

"Really? and what will your grandfather think about how your behaving?" he yelled at me.

I snorted! "So how did he react when you told him how you raped and later murdered my mother?" I asked.

He went white. At that, Leo took the opportunity "Is this true?" he asked.

James looked him in the eye. "So what if it is? I'm alpha. I can do what I want!" he yelled back.

Leo stood back. "As you wish sir." he said, but I knew that Leo had just gotten the proof that he needed. Leo nodded to me.

"Come back with me and no one will ever need know about this." he said.

I shook my head. James ran forward to lunge at me. I lifted my hands and threw James into the air. The second to the last jewel turned to a very light blue. I threw James as far as I could to get him out of the way so we could get to the mountain. Luke and Leo went after him.

At this point I didn't care whether or not I had killed him. I grabbed Damien. We both knew that it was a race against time to get to the mountain before James did. So we ran towards the mountain.

to be continued...