Penumbrials Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She blushed and nodded, then hesitated for a moment before kissing him. They kissed and sucked softly on each other's lips for a short while and she smiled still a little shyly at him.

Terry chuckled and nuzzled Dormin's cheek. 'I'm glad it finally happened. Now I don't have to hold back being frisky with you.'

Adalet sniggered. 'You mean you're worse than you already are?'

Terry smirked mischievously. 'You only now realised?'

Dormin kissed her and Adalet. 'You still better behave somewhat, before it turns into a bad porno flick all the time.'

Terry laid down her head on his shoulder and smiled. 'It could never be bad with us. Just very messy. And you'll definitely have to get messy with us as soon as you're fully healed, loverboy.'

'Don't make Ourania nervous. This was probably enough of a shock to her already.'

Ourania rubbed her cheek on his chest. 'If it's good like this, I'm in.' she said softly.

Terry closed her eyes. 'She's in. You have to now.'

Dormin looked at Adalet and she giggled at his helpless expression. 'You heard her, make it messy.'

He looked up and sighed. 'Okay then, you want messy, you get messy.' he said and Ourania's pussy tightened around his dick as it hardened again.

***

'Ret! I don't know what's going on but I never did anything of what they're saying!' Hummin said when his son came to visit him with Harrow, their lawyer.

'I know, dad. We're doing everything we can to get to the bottom of this but it seems they have hard evidence that shows the company received a large loan through inflated invoices for traded goods.'

Hummin gazed at his son. 'But, how!? I never approved something like that, and why would there be a need for a loan anyway!?'

Ret cleared his throat. 'A quick audit of our own administration turned up money siphoned off to unknown accounts. Someone drained company funds.'

Hummin sat back in his chair. 'Someone's been stealing!?'

Ret nodded. 'We're keeping it under wraps for now to find out who.'

Hummin leaned forward angrily. 'No! You have to tell that detective! I want that person found and dealt with!'

Ret pondered for a moment, then nodded. 'All right. We'll gather the evidence we've found so far and hand it to her, but you better not say a word about it, or it might look like you knew and are now ratting out an accomplice.'

Hummin looked at Harrow, who nodded in agreement. 'We need to keep you as clean as possible.'

Hummin sighed. 'All right. You do what you can.'

Ret smiled a little at his father. 'We will take care of this, dad.'

***

Fenia looked at the body of Hummin hanging by the neck from a thick nail near an upper corner in his cell the next morning, after she received the urgent call.

'He used the sleeves of his shirt as a makeshift rope.' one of the officers said and handed Fenia a folded page. 'He confessed to defrauding his company and a secret gambling addiction.'

Fenia skimmed over the handwritten text. 'Looks like I'll have to disappoint his son about his father.'

***

'And that's the short of it.' said Ret at the meeting with all the employees at the Dimtrade office later that day. He cleared his throat. 'I offer my apologies for my father's betrayal of your trust in us and the company, and hope I can regain it as I take over management and we clean up the mess and make a fresh start.'

Some nodded and murmured their approval.

He took a deep breath. 'I do have a bit of good news regarding this. We've landed a lucrative contract with two clients from two other worlds and they have enough trust in me to stick to it despite our setback and the future still looks as bright as it has lately.'

The mood improved a lot and the employees returned to their work with relief and new hope, while Ret returned to his office with Harrow. 'It's a shame about dad, but it became time to retire anyway.'

Harrow moved up to the drinks cabinet and poured two glasses. 'He would have found out about it sooner or later. He might be a simple soul, but he wasn't dumb.'

Ret took one of the glasses. 'Did you take care of the fake accounts?'

Harrow took a sip. 'By the time they traced where the invoices originated from they'll only find empty offices. And to make sure, a lead back to your father.'

Ret smiled. 'Good. Then I won't have to worry when I leave in a few weeks for another little business trip. I heard the new human girl at the club is very good at making you comfortable during your stay there.' he said and drank.

***

'Miss Petrese?'

Minous walked up to the human woman dressed mostly in black and sharp edges, who walked into her real estate office. Her short hair looked like it could skewer a pillow if she laid down. 'Yes? How may I help you?'

'An acquaintance of mine was looking into a piece of real estate you have for sale, Elena Alvarez.'

Minous tried to suppress her worst fears. 'Yes. I haven't heard from her yet. Is everything all right?'

'She told me the site was unfortunately not suited for their project.'

Minous's heart sank at the loss she'd have to take on the property and her smile faltered. 'Ah, I, see.'

'But, she showed me the place because she thought it would be perfect for me, and I'd like to buy it.'

The feline's eyes grew big. 'You would!?'

The woman smiled. 'I want to open a combined restaurant, bar, and dance club with live performances in it that mixes your feline trends with our human ones. And for that the space and the distance away from residential areas is perfect. Can we handle the paperwork today?'

Minous smiled brightly. 'Of course. We can do it right now.'

'Wonderful. Oh, I was asked to give you this as well.' the woman said and handed Minous an envelope. 'One of their advisors uncovered an earlier assessment of the grounds and a report to the previous owner on pollution found there, and an email about having the report falsified.'

Minous's eye grew wide. 'We can sue them and get our money back.' She looked up at the woman. 'This proves they sold the property while hiding crucial information. You can have the property at a much lower price if we can get a conviction.'

The woman chuckled. 'I know a good lawyer who'd be happy to assist yours in this matter.'

###