People Watching

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Talk about a rabbit caught in the headlights:

"Err, I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Look, you know who I am. I know who you are. So let's stop pissing about, and just ring Brett. Okay?"

He looks like he was about to deny everything again, but realises that would be about as convincing as saying he was from the planet Zog. He just looks at me, fishes out his phone and dials.

"Mr Stoner? David Temple. I ... no, no I'm at the airport now ...yes, she's here ... no, he's not here, she's with Miss Lister ... erm, look she wants to speak with you."

He hands me the phone with a look of deep embarrassment, and I can hear Brett asking what the fuck is going on.

"Hi darling it's me."

I charge on before he can say anything.

"I don't know how much the bloody buffoon costs you, but you're being overcharged. I am not having a fling on the side with Rob - or any other bloke for that matter. You're the only man for me, I love you and want to marry you -- that's if you ever get round to asking. I want to have your babies. I want to watch them grow up with you and I want to spoil our grandchildren with you. Nobody is a threat to me and you. To us, no-one! Now if you ever doubt me again, talk to me. I probably let work take over a bit too much a few weeks ago and ignored you. If it ever happens again, tell me. Because I'll tell you when you do it to me! Now, I suggest you fire this clot now, so you don't end up paying for him to sit and watch hotels and offices in Moscow and St Petersburg all week. Bye darling, I'll call from the hotel later. Oh, and close your mouth."

I smile, tell Temple to have a good day and walk back to Fiona. Christ that feels good!

Three hours later, Fiona and I are relaxing in business class as the 767 flies over what used to be East Germany, and for the third time she asks me:

"So you really aren't going to tell me what that was all about?"

I smile and take her hand in mine:

"Nope, you're my closest friend, but no, I'm not."

Then I turn in my seat and take both her hands in mine, and look her in the eye:

"You see, I'm really looking forward to spending five days with you. But more than that ..."

I reach up and stroke her face:

"I'm really, REALLY looking forward to spending four nights with you."

So I felt comfortable I had been absolutely honest with Brett about one thing: No-one would ever be a threat to us. That was the truth. And I'd also been one hundred percent honest when I said I wasn't having a fling with Rob, or any other bloke.

But I didn't say anything about a woman.

Author's note: Wasn't sure which category to post this in. But Karen is Brett's long term partner, so this seems about right!

All comments appreciated.

12