Period of Adjustment Ch. 12-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,601 Followers

Harold and Kayla and I talked about inconsequential things before he decided to head back to the office, telling me once again to get well before I worried about getting back to work. I reminded him that I'd only had two weeks on the job, so he might want to reconsider my employment, but he was having none of it. He left with a smile on his face, largely because he could see I was going to get better. We had been friends for almost fifteen years, and he valued that friendship as much as I did.

"You nearly frightened me to death," Kayla said as she pulled her chair closer to me.

I looked at her and smiled. "Sorry, Babe. Looks like I'm an accident waiting to happen these days."

"As long as you get better ... I'll be okay. I couldn't stand the thought that I might lose you."

I looked at her carefully. It was a genuine sentiment. I squeezed her hand to tell her I understood. She leaned over me and kissed me once again. It was wonderful medicine, and I very quickly forgot about my aches and pains. She had the magic elixir for my recovery. I was going to be all right. I knew that now for sure.

I was right, I was going to recover. It didn't happen overnight, of course. It took six long, painful weeks of healing and light physiotherapy. The cuts on my face healed and I looked pretty much as I did before the collision. The deep bruises on my hip and leg lasted longer than I expected, but most of the pain was gone. It would be there that my full physio would concentrate when I began.

The ribs and lung took longer, but at least the pain was gradually receding, and I could stand and turn more easily without as much discomfort. It still hurt to cough or laugh, but I could feel the improvement each week.

All the while, Kayla was at my side. She didn't talk much about it, but I felt she was trying to tell me something, but I didn't have the courage to ask her what it was. I was just happy that she was there. There had been no more talk about looking for one apartment, much less two. We were content where we were at the hotel for now. At least until I was declared fit for duty. That day was coming.

It was the fourth week that Kayla initiated sex. She had me on my back, my only sleeping position until my ribs were completely healed. I saw the crafty smile on her face as she exited from the ensuite and walked toward the bed, completely naked. I didn't need to guess what she was up to, and I was all in favour of it.

She didn't spend a great deal of time on oral sex. She had a specific mission and it didn't take long to get me ready to help her carry it out. She mounted me and guided me into her very ready body. She was being careful, but I could tell from the tension in her that she needed this very badly, perhaps even more than I did.

I didn't expect either of us to last very long. We hadn't had sex for over a month after our reuniting the week before the accident. We had briefly tasted just how good we were together before it all came to a temporary halt. She had been missing our intimacy and, mixed with the fear of my injuries, had been asking the doctor about resuming our love-life without my knowing. When he had given her the "green light" with a few precautions, she didn't wait another hour.

"Quit being so careful," I admonished her gently. "I'll let you know if you've gotten too frisky."

She didn't answer me with anything other than her eyes, but that was enough. I could see the fire behind them and immediately she began to take charge. I had my hands on her breasts as they had been bouncing joyously with her renewed efforts. Her eyes were now hooded slits and I guessed she was off in another world.

I was remarkably clear-headed, considering. Just the pleasure of watching her was my prize. The only sounds were from her labored breathing and the slap of her lovely bottom against my thighs. The little pain that remained there was forgotten in the pleasure she was giving and receiving.

When she had exhausted her pent-up lust, she collapsed carefully beside me, her hand softly gripping my wilting member. He eyes were fully closed now and yet I was certain she was awake.

"It's seemed like forever since I could have you inside me," she finally said, almost whispering.

"I know. I've wanted you just as much, and it was killing me not to be able to make love to you."

We were quiet for a while, just lying peacefully on the bed, until Kayla spoke.

"Colin ... do we need to look for two places? I mean ... won't one be enough?"

There it was. The question that I'd wanted to answer for weeks. I knew exactly what I wanted to tell her. I just had to suck it up and say the words.

"Kayla ... I love you. I can't see myself with anyone other than you. I want you in my life ... permanently. I want to marry you. Will you?" It wasn't the most eloquent proposal, but I meant every word and I could only wait in apprehension for her answer.

She propped herself up on her elbow and looked down at me with her secret smile. I thought I knew before she spoke what her answer would be.

"Prove it!"

That wasn't what I expected. I wasn't ready for that. "Prove what?"

"Prove you love me and want to marry me," she said. She had clearly taken the initiative away and was enjoying her moment.

"Uhhhmmm, well ... uhhhmmm ... how about tomorrow we go looking for a ring?" I stumbled.

"That's a start."

Oh shit. What am I forgetting? What else is she looking for? "Help me, Kayla."

"Well, there's the church ... and invitations ... and the reception ... and picking the best man."

I lay quietly for a few moments, absorbing just what Kayla was up to. She was in a light-hearted mood. Not what I expected for something as important as a marriage proposal. Didn't she take this seriously?

I decided to go first. "I guess we should plan to meet your parents. I'm kind of old fashioned, believe it or not."

She seemed genuinely surprised. "You! Old fashioned! I suppose you want my father's permission, do you?"

"That's right. After all, I don't have anyone else left in my family. That makes your parents all the more important. I think it's only fair that I ask your dad for permission to marry his only daughter."

"Just one thing, Colin. You and I are getting married whether he gives you his okay or not ... understood?"

I laughed as gently as I could. "Yes, ma'am."

She nodded, a funny wrinkled smile on her lips. "Okay then, the rest is just details." I reached for her and she came to me, wrapping her arm carefully around my shoulders.

"You had a hard time getting it out, didn't you?" she said after a while.

"Yeah. I knew what I wanted, but I wasn't sure about you. Then, after my stay in the hospital and the past month, I was certain. I tried to imagine what it would be like without you ... and I couldn't handle it. I couldn't bring myself to admit it could happen. That's why I didn't say anything about looking for another place to live."

"All right then! Tomorrow we go look for a ring."

"Yes, ma'am."

Then, the next day we start seriously looking for our home."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then, we go visit my parents."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then, we get serious with the wedding plans."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then, you scrounge around looking for Canucks' hockey tickets.

"Yes, ma'am!"

She gave me a stern look. "Are you making fun of me?"

"No, ma'am. Just practicing for when we are married."

"Smart ass." A light punch on the arm and a kiss sealed my fate.

END

*

As always, my thanks to ErikThread and DaveT for their skillful editing and helpful suggestions. Any errors are mine alone.

coaster2
coaster2
2,601 Followers