Phantom Hands

Story Info
The gentle hands touched her nakedness.
5.5k words
4.78
16.1k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One

Joyce never failed to make his heart jump whenever he saw her and he made it a point to see her as often as he could. They worked in the same building and on the same floor and nothing made his day more complete than when he could have coffee with her. She wasn't aware of his feelings for her but she liked him and saw him as a good friend. She was seeing Larry Fister on a pretty regular basis and it hurt Aaron when he saw them talking. He knew he couldn't have her but that didn't stop him from dreaming about her. If he couldn't have her at least she could be his friend and they could talk. They even lived close to each other, almost within walking distance. That didn't help Aaron any and in fact it was almost like a tease to him. She could be so close to him day after day or night after night but in the end she still wasn't his girlfriend.

They saw each other from a distance in the hallway. As they neared each other they both smiled and Aaron said, "Hi Joyce."

"Hi Aaron, on your way to a meeting?"

"Just coming from one actually. I haven't seen you for a few days."

"I've been buried in my office."

"Could I talk you into a cup of coffee at Drake's after work?"

"I'd like that but I won't have a lot of time."

"I'll meet you there then like the last time."

"Sounds good, see you then."

Aaron was at the restaurant early and waited patiently for his favorite booth. When he saw her enter he stood up and waved to her. Once again they shared smiles and he waited for her to slip into the booth before sitting back down. "You look really nice today Joyce."

"Thanks. So how have you been?"

"I'm doing okay, how have you been?"

"Fine. Are you still working on your paintings?"

"Some. I've been trying my hand at charcoals and pencil drawings lately."

"How is that going?"

"Pretty good."

"You never have shown me anything you have done though."

He almost blushed and said, "No I just do it for my own pleasure. I don't want to put people in a position of feeling like they have to compliment me even if they don't like what I do."

"Bring one to work sometime and I promise to be truthful. I'll tell you what I think." Then she smiled and added, "But I'll try to be gentle."

He laughed and said, "I'll think about it, how's that?"

"Okay but I really am interested."

"Thanks. I've been wanting to try doing something in clay too."

"Is there any art form you can't do?"

He just smiled and said, "I'll let you know after I've tried clay and marble, oh and chainsaw carving."

She laughed and put her hand on his saying, "Now I'm serious. I'm surprised that you didn't go into some profession involving art though." He could feel her hand on his and he wanted to kiss it.

"I was going to be an art teacher but I decided I just didn't have the patience for that and to make a living selling my work...well I'd likely starve. Besides I don't know if it would be fun for me if I was doing it for profit." Aaron changed the subject when he asked her, "You still seeing Larry?"

"Yes."

"How long have you been with him now?"

"Oh...I don't know, maybe three months."

"So is it serious?"

"I thought so at first but now...I don't know I guess. I mean he's a nice guy and all."

"Oh I hear a but in there."

She smiled and said, "Yes but I won't go into that. How about you?"

"Me? No I don't have anybody."

"Why not, you're good looking, charming and funny and obviously talented."

"You don't know if I am talented yet."

"I just know you are. I just know there is a very special woman out there for you."

"I think so too actually. In fact I know there is. The question is will we end up together?" Aaron sipped his coffee and then said, "You have a birthday coming up pretty soon right?"

"Now how did you know that?"

"I guess you mentioned one time and it just stuck in my mind."

"I'm very impressed and flattered that you remembered."

"I remember the important things." She just smiled at him not sure what to think of what he said. That was about the most personal thing he had ever said to her and it had no more than left his mouth than he was wishing he hadn't said that. He was so afraid that she would shy away from him the next time he asked her to coffee. After all she did have a boyfriend.

To his great relief she took his hand in hers and said, "Thank you Aaron that was so sweet." They talked a few more minutes before she said, "I better get going."

"Thanks for having coffee with me Joyce."

"Thanks for asking me, I'll see you at work tomorrow." As she left she thought about sweet Aaron. He was one of the nicest men she had ever known. He popped into her thoughts later as she was driving to Larry's house and she wondered how it was that they had never gotten together as a couple. Maybe he really wasn't interested in having a significant relationship. But then there was that reference to her birthday. She didn't know what to think. At least she had him as a friend.

She left Larry's house early saying she had a long day coming up and needed the extra rest. The truth was she just wanted to be alone. She didn't know why and it wasn't like she had things she needed or wanted to do either. It was getting late and she was about half asleep as she leaned into the corner of her couch. With her eyes about half open she realized she was experiencing a strange sensation. Like gentle fingers combing through her long hair. She let her eyes close and just enjoyed the feeling as she let her imagination run free. She was just sure she could feel a hand brush down the sides of her face like they were brushing her hair back. Then more soft caresses on her head as she imagined her hair being gently pulled back. When all of those sensations stopped she opened her eyes and smiled before getting up and going to bed. It may have been a dream but at least it was a sweet and soothing dream.

Chapter Two

Joyce thought about her sweet dream several times over the next few days. It was a puzzle to her because she was certain she wasn't asleep, but there was no other explanation for that sweet experience. She just hoped she could have that dream again soon or at least one as nice as that one.

It was just a few days before her birthday when Aaron came to her office and this was something he had never done before. Joyce was surprised to see him standing in her doorway tapping on the frame but managed to say, "Well Aaron this is a surprise."

"Hi Joyce, got a minute?"

"Of course come in."

"I don't want to keep you from your work. I was hoping you would have time for coffee or a drink after work. Sort of a birthday drink maybe." She had planned on stopping at her favorite store to shop but she said, "I'd like that."

"How about the Lighthouse?"

"Sure, want me to meet you there?"

"Okay, just give your name to the hostess. I'll get us a booth and be waiting for you." He paused and then smiled and said, "Well I'll see you later then." She sat there looking at where he had been standing. She realized he was almost blushing and seemed restless. Joyce just smiled and looked through her doorway in a reverie of sorts before she pulled herself back to reality and went back to work.

Before she left work she checked herself in the bathroom mirror and did what she could to freshen her face and touch up her hair. It took her less than fifteen minutes to get to the Lighthouse and give her name to the hostess. When Aaron saw her coming he stood up and smiled and before she could sit down he kissed her cheek. That alone was something new for both of them and though pleased Joyce was surprised by the gesture. She ordered a cosmo and once again Aaron told her, "You look so fresh and nice, like you just started your day."

"Thank you Aaron and thank you for the kiss," and they made small talk as the two of them enjoyed their drinks. Then Aaron said, "I have a birthday present for you."

"Oh Aaron you shouldn't have done that." He reached down next to him and handed it over to her and watched her face. The nicely

wrapped package was about eighteen by twenty four inches and no more than a couple of inches thick. "May I open it now?"

"I'd like you to."

She smiled at him and said, "I can't believe you did this, you are so thoughtful." That was all she could manage to say. The last of the paper fell away and she just stared at it.

Aaron said, "You said you wanted to see some of my art work. I hope that's okay." She still didn't speak but continued to stare at her gift. "If you don't like it or want it..."

"Oh no, Aaron it's wonderful. How did you ever...I don't know what to say." He saw a tear slip down her cheek as she continued. "It's like I was there sitting for you. I'm...I'm speechless." Aaron had done a charcoal sketch of Joyce from memory. He had sketched her before but he wanted this one to be special so he did a new one for her. Joyce continued saying, "It's almost like I'm looking in a mirror."

"So it's okay?"

"No it's not okay Aaron it's breathtaking, thank you so much. I can't wait to take it home and hang it up." She put her present down and came around to his side of the booth, knelt on the seat and kissed him softly. "Aaron I never dreamed you could have such talent. I wish...I don't know how to thank you."

"Just knowing you like it and having you kiss me is thanks enough."

"Is the rest of your work this good?"

"I don't know. I will admit to spending extra time on your present though." Joyce gave him a second soft and brief kiss and then returned to her side of the table. For the remainder of the time she was with him she kept looking over at her picture.

Joyce hated to leave him but she finally said, "Aaron I have my appointment to get my hair done but I hate to leave. I don't feel like I've thanked you enough for my present. You even signed and dated it." Aaron left money on the table and walked out with her. Before they parted Joyce gave him one last quick kiss and said, "That's a small show of my appreciation." Aaron just stood there and watched her put the present in the backseat and then got into her car. She smiled and gave him a wave and he waved back as she pulled away. Aaron just stood there and touched his lips remembering her kisses. In the almost three years that he had known and dreamed about her that was the first time she had ever kissed him.

Joyce drove carefully so her portrait wouldn't be damaged and endured her hair appointment. All she wanted to do was go home and study her living room and decide where to hang her gift. She remembered his comment that he was glad she enjoyed it and then

something about her kiss. Did something as simple as that mean that much to him or was he just being a gentleman?

Joyce took her time studying her living room and ended up removing one of her other pictures and hanging her portrait there. Over the next days she would find herself looking at it often as she tried to figure out how he could capture her in a way that made it look almost like she might move inside of that nice oak frame. Her hand went to the side of her head and she felt her hair as she looked at the picture and smiled. She noticed how he captured her hair where she had the habit of brushing her hair back behind her ear.

The next Thursday Larry was over he saw her portrait and asked, "Where did that come from?"

"That was a gift from a coworker. He's a fantastic artist don't you think?"

"I don't know. I don't think that looks so much like you." Joyce just looked at him but let the subject drop. She knew it was very well done and he was just jealous. When Saturday came Larry called her and said, "Let's go to Comstock to that steak house."

She only paused a moment and said, "I'm feeling just a little punk Larry. I'm going to take a hot shower and just read myself to sleep and see if I can shake this off." He had just assumed that she would say yes so he was a little surprised by her rejection.

After a moment he just said, "Oh...well okay then."

"I'll call you the first of the week. I'm sure I'll be feeling much better by then."

"Yeah okay." Joyce didn't know if she really was feeling punk as she had claimed but she didn't feel like going out or being with anybody either. After a light dinner she lingered over a cup of coffee and then went for that hot shower she had intended but turned it into a long soak in the tub instead. With only one small light on she leaned back and rested her head on the rim of the tub, closed her eyes and let the magic of the hot water work on her. She let herself almost float and her mind wander until the water started to cool and then got out and toweled down. She looked at herself in the mirror as she used the blow dryer and brushed her hair out letting it drape down her back. As she looked at herself she remembered her portrait and without so much as a robe she wandered out to the living room and dropped onto the couch and looked at the charcoal drawing. She put her feet up and just let her whole body relax and her head drop back onto the high back of the couch and stared at her gift.

It was so subtle at first. An almost imperceptible sensation near her neck and above her right breast. It was like a warm and gentle caress. Like a loving hand that was lightly touching her as it stroked from her neck down to the top of her breast. A loving and sensual sensation that made her close her eyes. She even put her hand up there for a second in response to the sensation to prove to herself that she was indeed alone in her apartment. Again that long gentle touch and this time it drifted down and over the outer margins of her breast before stopping. Then again but on the other side and this time it touched more of her breast. She licked her lips and kept her eyes closed as she leaned back and welcomed the unexplainable feeling. Joyce sighed and moved slightly to get more comfortable but didn't want to miss any of those touches. A moment later she was being caressed again and this time it slipped over her left nipple and then down below her breast. Without realizing it she had arched her back slightly in response to this wonderful experience. She wasn't even aware that her nipple stiffened slightly or that her breathing had changed. She was also unaware of the passage of time because where her mind was time wasn't important. The long gentle caresses continued and both nipples were hard and begging for more and her breathing was faster and shallower. Then they stopped.

She waited and then opened her eyes and moistened her lips again as she looked around the room. She felt excited and restless but confused. Was she drifting off to sleep and dreaming again? She took a deep breath and walked around the apartment as she tried to gather her thoughts and then slipped on her silky pajamas and robe and read until she was ready for bed.

Chapter Three

All day Sunday she would look at the couch and remember being naked and leaning back as phantom hands caressed and teased her. Just remembering those soft caresses made her smile and yet made her want more. Monday was like any other day at work and when she saw Aaron she thanked him yet again for her portrait. Then at the end of the day she did a rare thing. She stopped for dinner and then was ready to just go home and get out of her work clothes. She tossed her purse in the chair and went to her bedroom and stripped to her bra and panties, but then for reasons unknown to her she took them off too and after grabbing a cookie in the kitchen went to the living room. She smiled at her portrait, which was becoming something of a ritual for her, and dropped onto the couch. She put her feet up on the coffee table again and leaned back. It wasn't a conscious process but somewhere in her mind she was hoping she would experience those magic touches again. For some reason her favorite position on the couch wasn't comfortable for her so she turned and stretched out on the couch and bent her right leg up slightly and looked to her left to her picture before she let her eyes close. She moved her head slightly to get more comfortable and then took a deep breath as she relaxed. It didn't even occur to her that this was the second time she had lounged nude in the living room, something she had never done before the arrival of the portrait.

It didn't seem that she was going to be visited by those sweet sensations this time but she was still content to lie there for a little longer. The first touch made her take a quick breath but her eyes never opened and she slowly let her breath out and submitted herself to the experiences to come. It was just like it had been Saturday night. Long slow caresses but this time they might start at her neck or upper chest and then slip down over her breasts or they would come up from her sides and then over or very close to her breasts. It was a sweet torture for her. A tease like none she had ever experienced before. Then for the first time she felt fingers touch just her right nipple and a soft pinching motion that made her squirm and moan softly. She was having trouble keeping still but her right leg stayed as it was with her knee raised slightly. Her breathing was faster as her left nipple was treated to that soft pinch and her breast was bathed with attention. Her mouth was open and her moan had a whimpering sound to it as she suffered through yet more teasing. She tried to tell herself to just get up and escape the teasing but she couldn't seem to make that happen. Then from her nipples the hands moved down between her breasts and didn't stop until they were past her belly button. She was holding her breath as that happened and moved her hands like she was trying to join that hand that was teasing her so much. Her hands stopped then and resumed their position by her side as two phantom hands moved over the area just below her breasts and down until they were right at her mound. She couldn't help but mumble, "Oh God," and tip her hips up to meet the invisible hands. Then with a few more strokes up to and just touching her breasts they stopped again. Joyce almost cried in sweet frustration at the loss. She lay there for some time in a futile hope that more would be coming but it was over. Joyce wasn't prone to touching herself in a sexual way but she was so very close to doing that very thing right then. It took her quite awhile to settle down after she put on her pajamas but she was finally able to relax enough to sleep.

Larry called her after work Tuesday and suggested, "Let's go over to Nightspot and get a drink."

"I think I'll pass Larry."

"You still sick?"

"Not sick really just out of sorts."

"You been to the doctor?"

"No I don't need a doctor. I'll be okay, I just need some time."

"Joyce is there somebody else?"

"No of course not."

"Okay. I'll call you in a few days then."

"Okay. Sorry."

Joyce fixed some dinner and made herself try to relax in the kitchen as she ate and sipped her iced tea. She gave that up, cleaned up her mess and went for a quick soak in the tub again.

She didn't give it a second thought anymore. She dried off from her bath and came out naked. It was her new routine now. She didn't know how much longer she was going to be able to stand the teasing but at the same time she didn't know if she could make herself stay away from her phantom lover.

She paced around her apartment but it didn't help. She suddenly felt the hands touch her again and she was quickly lying on the couch in her knee up position and her eyes closed. The hands neglected her breasts this time and seemed to concentrate on her lower belly and her hips. It felt so good but it wasn't pushing her into her sensual and sexual nirvana again. She sighed and just let the experience flow. She found it relaxing and yet sexy as she pictured the hands having free access to her nakedness. She had to wonder how she would be responding had there been a person attached to those mystery hands. Larry was an adequate lover but he never spent a lot of time caressing her or seeing to her emotional needs and desires. This phantom lover was just the opposite. She was being teased and caressed until she wanted to scream but there was nobody there to make love to her. She realized she wanted and needed both. She needed the loving, caressing and teasing as much as making love.

12