phanTOMORROW Ch. 06: LIKE A NINJA

Story Info
Well, HOLO there Pretty Lady! Don't hurt me!
6k words
4.63
2.1k
2
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,847 Followers

"I bit off more than I could chew making it to Queens. I'm going to have to stop overnight again, there's no way I can make it having to get through twenty miles of junkyard maze. I might have to be creative here. There was a small truck stop about a mile back. Might be able to use a big rig to push cars out of the way to save my back. Means I leave my bike behind until I'm done. Not like I can carry all those supplies for Mom on my Ninja anyway. I'll just find a ride back with a truck that has a big bed and load my bike up to get to Mom's lab again. I've got to be getting close, but the sun is dropping fast. No clue how crazy it might get at night, so I better seek shelter."

Not knowing the full extent of anything after the crazy skies and eyeball like moon Griffin Folklore was still on edge. Sure, he had discovered some interesting things such as the entire population, at least suspecting as much, were flipped inside out in the sense of altered dimensions. Not truly dead but ghosts on his end of the spectrum. He had the ability to bring folks back, but the inability to keep them longer than an hour or three under conditions. His DNA assisted in keeping someone around, but he couldn't supply that forever and exist himself. It didn't appear to be harming anyone when he brought them back more than once but there was really no way of knowing the long-term effects, he might have on them in repeated resurrections. All he could honestly hope for was that he was not intentionally harming anyone.

"I think I have enough daylight left if I hurry to grab that semi. Pretty sure I can drive it but again first time for everything right? It had a sleeper cab, so I'll just bunk in it after I move a few cars. Kind of spooky in the city at night knowing I'm the only living breathing being on the face of the planet. At least that I'm aware of but I guess I'll know when I run into someone that hasn't been touched by me in some way." Circling back on his Ninja, Grif headed for the truck stop. Eight minutes later he stashed his bike out of any weather just in case, the sky was gloomy so he really had no idea as yet what might happen overnight.

After sorting through multiple rigs some were dead from running too long, or out of gas. Luckily, he had gas pumps should he require a refuel. Fortunate for him his final choice was a massive Peterbilt tractor that sat lifeless but had the keys in the ignition. Worried at first, he might set on some driver and bring him back he used his mother's compact mirror to check first as he had prior trucks. It hadn't dawned on him what it might be like should he just jump right into a seat and literally share the same space with another who had been ghosted. For that matter just walking around he could step right into someone. At that moment he knew he needed to be more careful. It was haunting! Daunting too.

"Okay! No driver behind the wheel that's good." He ventured up into the driver's seat and turned the key on. Firing up instantly he puckered his lip at good fortune. "Guy must have filled his tank before blinking out. Good job!" Looking up at the rearview mirror which displayed what was going on in the cab he spotted movement and froze. Turning in his seat he expected a real person out of fear, but no it was simply the driver with a pleasant visitor. "Great! Driver Bob hooked up with a lot lizard." Forced to use the mirror to watch he realized the hooker was pretty hot, definitely young. That unsettled Grif a bit. "She can't be more than fifteen. What the fuck dude? I'm not perfect but that's so not right."

Mulling over the dilemma he considered his options. Her purse was next to the bunk so Grif carefully reached over and snatched it up. In the mirror he noticed the girl looking at him with a sad expression as he held her purse. "She's sensing a connection to her bag. Let's see who you are." He locates a bus pass with the name Tiffany Loomis on it. "Hey there Tiffany. You can so do better than selling your body. ID says you're sixteen, too young for that fifty year old you're riding. Someone pimping you out?"

It was then Grif realized that he did see clothing outside on the ground and presumed it was the driver. "Bet those clothes belonged to your Pimp. How about I get you out of this mess?" He knew touching Tiffany would bring her back, but in her skin on skin with the driver her own DNA might chain react to the driver too. He didn't want to explain the situation so chose to lure her off of him instead. "Step at a time here. Want your purse, Tiffany?"

He opened his truck door and steps down on to the paved lot. Using his compact he observed her following him like a lost pet. It seemed strange to watch an ethereal ghost climb down when it had no physical limbs to grab anything. It was almost like watching a sheet flutter to the ground. Once on the concrete she stood lost until he waved her purse in front of her eyes. "That's it Tiffany follow me to safety."

Mirror in hand he checked out the terrain leading to the restaurant. With no ghosts in his path, he coaxed her into the restaurant and to a booth in the diner. Sitting her purse along the wall he used his mirror to watch Tiffany take a seat beside her bag but look totally confused. "At least you're safer in here should you..." He sighed tempted to touch her hand and bring her back. "Better not! Hold on a minute, I'll be right back."

Using the mirror as navigation he passed by waitresses and people moving about. Next to the diner was a souvenir shop where he swiped a NYC t-shirt off the rack that he concluded would fit her. Taking it back to the booth he sat it on the table for her to find should she revive in some unexplained way. "Guess I should have brought your clothes from the truck. Kind of in a hurry Tiff I'm really sorry. If you find your way back..." He notes a waitress order pad on the floor with a pen. Easing around the waitress uniform on the ground he took her pad and wrote a note to Tiffany. Why he bothered he didn't know. Sympathy?

Jotting down his number and first name only he left it with the shirt. On it he also wrote, "Do something with your life. Call me I'll help you if I can. P.S. I'm not a Pimp!" Returning the pad to where he found it he decided he needed to remove the truck driver too. Sick bastard deserved to be hijacked. Mirror in hand Griffin got his first look at the Pimp up close. Wallet lifted he saw the man's ID as Viktor Cozekov. "Russian pimp at that. Let's just put some distance between you and Tiffany Vik the Dick!" Holding on to his wallet and fancy diamond and gold ring from the ground laying amid his clothing, Grif coaxed Viktor away from the Peterbilt. Free to open the passenger door now Griffin found personal items that aroused the driver into following Griffin out of the truck. Tedious when only using a small compact mirror to keep track of everything around him, he managed better than expected.

With both men loitering without direction, they merely stared at their belongings as held by Griffin at arm's length. "I know I shouldn't waste time like this, but I can't help myself. Both of these fucks deserve what they get." Carefully arranging their clothing and personal items Grif paused to examine their close proximity images while they faced one another yet didn't seem to understand the others presence even up close. "Hmmm? I wonder..." Leaving them standing there idle Griffin sifted through the driver's cab and found a pair of thick leather gloves. "Experiment time you asswipes! If this works you bastards can keep each other company for a good long while."

Stepping behind Viktor with a large gap between them Griffin put the gloves on and reached a single hand out to touch the Russian man's shoulder. Using the mirror to guide him Griffin applied pressure, presuming his hand might simply just phase through the guy, but as long as his DNA wasn't handy, he might not turn human again. Almost as if compliant Viktor dropped to his knees and rested there without reacting to Griffin's touch any other way. "Well now... that's interesting, I can touch them but as long as it's not skin on skin I'm not offering them anything but guidance. That's a huge help going forward I'm thinking."

With Viktor remaining immobile Griffin turned his attention on the driver. "Okay Pedophile Pete... why don't you pick on someone your own age." Having blinked out of existence during sex the driver had a hefty erection still going on. It was obvious that whatever and however they were before the blink their bodies remained in that state. A cautious nudge forward into Viktor the driver's intangible dick touched Viktor's face. Like a sculptor Griffin lifted Viktor's chin until his mouth was over Pete's pecker. A leather finger encouraging Viktor's mouth wide a simple nudge forward it appeared as if Pete's dick had driven home inside Viktor's mouth. "Put Pete's money where your mouth is Vik the Dick. Selling young girls for your benefit you deserve nothing but the best Buddy. Not my buddy!"

Simply leaving them in that position was priceless enough. "Gotta go! You two enjoy each others company until Hell freezes over. Peace out! Not so much!" Up into the rig he went. Restarting it he attempted his first time driving a big rig. The good thing was if he took out anything he couldn't be blamed with no law enforcement to pull him over. "Mad Max me!" He chuckled and pulled out. Brakes locked he had to figure out how to disengage them then set out just as dusk was creasing the horizon. Headlights shining bright he ventured out to the point where he turned back in favor of Pete's paddy wagon.

Not wanting to shatter his lights on high impacts he simply used the power of the truck to nudge cars out of his path. Backing a trailer up became a hassle in repositioning angles but he had a few hours before he required sleep. By 10:30 his vision was getting blurry so he contemplated giving up. With the moon stepping out from behind the clouds the glow of humanoid auras alluded to dozens of ghosts, mostly still inside their vehicles. Apologizing for jarring their peace he simply kept at it until he could bypass the congestion. On the other side of the pile up was less obstruction so he just kept on going as long as he could. Finding people walking along the streets was spooky it was like they were pacing. Moving forward until likely their blinking out moment then circling back a few minutes before. More notes taken to talk with his mom Cassie about.

"Gotta be getting close to that Japanese company Mom jotted down. At least Pete's GPS is still working, so that's a huge help. I guess I'm going all the way there seeing as it's only a mile further. Sleepy but I can camp out once I reach the place then break in during daylight. I know I'll need... light... to... what the heck?" In the near distance he spotted such a bright light he felt as if he were at a night game at Yankee Stadium. "What's causing that?"

Continuing his journey he found ghostly folks blocking the street and sighed after a helpless bout of reluctance, "Sorry people coming through." He drove right over those in abundance, yet in his door mirrors he found them still standing upright where they should have been trampled. "So weird! Hope you all can forgive me. At least you're not roadkill."

Approaching the blinding light array he realized in seeing the name on the upper side of the building the light show was bathing as the location he needed to go. "That's the place...HiMa Visuals. Whoa! Now I get the light show. The lower half of the building has exterior walls that are gigantic mirrors. It must be..." The closer he got he found his suspicions to be fact. "...Folks are drawn to the mirrored surface. Their reflections when lit up during darkness must be like a magnet to their perception. Kind of a moth to a flame type of thing. There's hundreds of people here right now. Biggest gathering I've seen thus far close up. Think I need to pee." Fear was creeping in.

Resorting to parking the rig on the side street where no loitering ghosts seemed to be in his path, he shut his engine off and just kicked back. This was the first time he actually noticed insects flying around as well. Even rabbits hopped about without worry of human pressures. It was kind of cool actually. "Almost like being in Sea World... I'm in an alien environment that doesn't seem to care if I'm invading. Nothing even seems to know I'm here. How cool is that?"

Daring to leave the cab he stepped down and took a leak on an incline of the road. Not really looking around due to being mesmerized by the mass of ghostly figures standing vigilant, out of nowhere he heard a cricket chirp. Shocked he looked around him and realized his urine was leaving a trail as it flowed down the unlevel road. A cricket's ghost had found his piss flowing under its legs and his DNA had brought it back. "Your lucky day Jiminy Cricket. I got wood so that makes me Pinocchio." He had to laugh at the irony.

"I haven't seen this many naked people in my life. I almost feel guilty for spying on them. Not really! Last Perv on Earth that's me. Might as well see if I can get in the front door if I can bypass the gauntlet there. At least I won't need Mom's compact to see them with now that it's dark out." Regardless he kept it in his pocket. Leather gloves still handy to assist in moving bodies without risk of bringing back any clingy hopefuls he would have to explain things to he set out across the grass and noticed a rabbit resting peacefully. Smiling he walked over to it and removed his glove. Petting it the bunny immediately returned to life and froze in his touch.

"It's okay Lil Guy. I'm not a threat. Neither are you so enjoy yourself awhile before you disappear again. Maybe go home and cuddle with family, you might be able to keep one another alive. Worth a shot, right Bugs?" From cricket to rabbit! Standing he put his glove back on and carefully moved people of all sizes, shapes, and sex aside. He felt sad for them but there really wasn't much he could do in such an environment. Pausing to check out a few hot chicks he had to shake off his urges and concentrate on what was vital. "Probably married anyway." Of course, they might not have memories of any cheating once they turned ghost again in order to confess to any mate.

Reaching the front entrance he made it as far as a turnstile but didn't have a badge to get in. Wincing he retreated the building and studied the clothing of a good number of the ghosts until finding an actual badge of someone who worked there. "Thanks Barbara!" Chunky frumpy Barbara Waynewright wouldn't miss it. Would she? Stepping away with her card he spotted her following him and sighed, "Great! No choice I need to get in and she's my ticket." He simply kept on going her badge granting him easy access. Hanging on to her card in case he needed it further he paused to look behind him and found Barbara had literally walked right through the building after her card.

"Tagging along Barbie? I'm cool just don't hit on me. Not really my type... no offense!" He grimaced feeling bad over his personal preference for hot chicks like his girlfriend Jade or Sonya back at the penthouse. Shrugging, he took a scan of the lobby spotting two security guards at the front desk. "New plan!" Guiding Barbara over to the guard station he eased around the first guard Derrick a large black man whose clothing, flashlight, and taser were resting in the pile, his feet still in his shoes. "Damn dude! Anaconda much?" He had nearly a foot long cock dangling between his legs. "Bet Barb here would love you."

Ignoring Derrick further he chose a seated guard named Edwin, white and rather nerdy but matchmaker Grif thought he was better suited for Barb. Taking her badge he stuffed it carefully between Ed's ghost like legs so as not to disturb him. Leading Barb to sit in his lap like a static charge she seemed to react slightly as if something was touching her, a brief moment later she simply sat on his lap. Ed was not responsive.

"You two just get acquainted. I'll borrow one of these guest badges here so I don't have Barbie there trailing my every move. You guys just watch over my friend here okay?" Badge taken from a hook behind the desk Griffin moved on. "Do I even know where I'm going? Not like I can ask directions unless I bring someone back. Guess I just drift around until I find where I need to be. Shit! Better check on Mom." Cell from his pants pocket he dialed Cassie, this time no voicemail.

"Griffin?"

"You're still with me. That's a good sign." He explored while talking.

"As long as my projector runs, I'll be here. It's nice to be real again even if I'm likely on borrowed time. I dared to leave my lab; I was dying of thirst. I found Viggo and Terri still going at it. You are terrible!"

"Hey! They needed attention let them enjoy their time together. If they blink out try touching them with your DNA and see if you can bring them back."

"I'm almost afraid to. I've never seen such a hunger for sex before."

"You could have a threesome to kill time until I get back." He chuckled.

"GRIFFIN! I've raised you better than that. I would never... did you find HiMa?"

"Inside the building now. Something for you to think about. The exterior walls are giant mirrors so the building is surrounded by ghosts. I made it past everyone though without touching them. Oh, I did use gloves and actually moved a couple people at a truck stop. Swiped a semi to push cars out of the road. So I can actually touch folks and not share my DNA. Now that it's dark have you spotted any of your other lab partners?"

"Honestly I haven't looked. While I'm physically able I've been stealing parts from their equipment. If I had them around they might object."

"Ok stay safe. Probably better off staying near your hologram projector in case you do blink out again."

"My thoughts exactly!"

"I'm having trouble figuring out where I have to go to salvage parts."

"Sub basement storage is where most companies hide their inventory. Who knows you might stumble on to tech more advanced than I have knowledge of. I'd say find some flash drives and copy anything you can concerning holographic design and bring them back here. I can sort through them as something to do while you run errands."

"I can do that. Let me go on my scavenger hunt here. I'll call if I need advice."

"No where else to go."

"There's the kitchen and Viggo. I know Viggo used to check you out when you weren't looking."

"BEHAVE!"

"Just sayin'!" He chuckled and hung up. A fast text saying, "Love you Mom." was required.

Back in sight seer mode Griffin found a map of the complex on the wall next to a boardroom. With very few late-night employees to have to evade contact with he traveled fairly quickly until reaching that sub-basement level storage his mother speculated on. Problem was his badge didn't work on this set of doors. Through six-inch plexiglass he could see not only storage aisles but a monstrous lab that was obviously in use when the blink occurred. A program simulation of holographic images was still being acted out in the form of a Japanese theater. Realizing the scenes were in some loop repeating itself was still mesmerizing. The detail in costumes and actors were as if actually being portrayed by true thespians.

"Now this is cool." A few moments more to admire the graphics he sighed. "Okay, how do I get inside an impenetrable fortress?" Mulling over feasible options his best idea led to finding someone on the outside that had a code to get in. Certainly, there was a badge or even a secret way in there that a higher up was privy too. "Let's find the bosses office. Of course at 3:00 AM or about that time when the effect began I doubt any CEO is going to be on site. Oh man! This has a palm print entry pad too, how do I get past that? I'm toast floating in the water here."

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,847 Followers
12