Pheromone Matchmaking

Story Info
Philip's pheromones research achieves both bliss and despair.
5.2k words
4.15
22k
22
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Philip Brubaker was an unusual child, always questioning, always looking for hidden meaning, never taking a break from his inherent overpowering intellectual curiosity. Distinct from most children like him who change dramatically when they get older, Philip never did yield to convention. His intellectual curiosity remained the hallmark of his existence even into adulthood.

While Philip was a beautiful child who became a handsome man he didn't have the benefit of normal social interactions as he matured, and in fact never sought them out. However, most people have strong sexual urges and Philip was no exception. Unlike most people, though, his sexual urges did not manifest themselves in aggressive sexual behavior, but rather in an intellectual search for the physiological basis for human sexual attraction.

After receiving his Master's degree in organic chemistry at the young age of twenty one when he graduated at the top of his class from Northwestern University, Philip was able to parlay his Master's Thesis "Generalization of Mammalian Chemical Responses to Human Sexual Attractiveness" into two grants from cosmetics companies to find the elusive human pheromone. For at least a half century the pursuit of the existence of the human pheromone has been analogized as the scientific equivalent of the fountain of youth allegory. Despite numerous prestigious scientists' research into the subject no human pheromone had been located, and just before Philip started on his quest the most widely accepted view of the scientific community was expressed in a January 2018 paper in an organic chemistry journal as follows:

"As for pheromone products, the main active ingredient in them is likely 'hope.' The placebo effect is strong. If you have spent $50 on something to add to your perfume, you might go out to the bar with greater confidence, and that's how an effect by individual consumers could be realized—but it's not because of anything in the products. There simply is no evidence of a human pheromone."

Despite that prevailing view the two cosmetics companies came up with $150,000 each to finance Philip's research for two years so that he didn't have to live in poverty to pursue his scientific dream. At the time that he started his research Philip already was either well versed in, or had memorized, all studies identifying pheromones in insects and some mammals, including deer and pigs. However, he found none of those studies illuminating and discarded them completely in view of one of the basic tenants of the definition of a pheromone - species specificity.

That is, a pheromone is comprised of one or only a few chemicals, is species-specific, has well-defined behavioral or endocrine effects, and is little influenced by learning. Philip started out with the hypothesis that human pheromones existed in primitive human cultures but as society advanced and infant mortality greatly diminished, pheromone secretion and receptivity became less and less important for species survival, and became so diluted that it was orders of magnitude less potent in most modern humans than it had been in ancient ancestors.

Philip started his research with another hypothesis which no scientist had previously embraced - that human pheromones are not just species-specific but partner-specific. That is, one's pheromone production and sensitivity are not general to all humans, but rather are specific only to a few - those that you most likely would have the most rewarding sexual encounters with.

Philip started his research by evaluating three chemicals produced by apocrine sweat glands, eccrine sweat glands, and sebaceous glands, namely 5α-androst-16-en-3α-one (androstenone), 5α-androst-16-en-3α-ol (androstenol), or androsta-4,16-dien-3-one (androstadienone). He found these, and other lesser-known secretions of the human body, to have pheromonic efficacy. Within the two years that his grants were in force he proved his basic hypotheses, namely that with enhancement innate pheromones produced by most humans could be detected by others, but only others that had the proclivity to be receptive to those specific pheromones. In short he found that pheromone specificity was much like a blood type, only there were more than a thousand different pheromone markers that he had located or postulated, not like just eight (counting the Rh factor) blood types.

When his grants expired, the cosmetics companies did not renew them. While they were impressed with Philip's research - in fact both offered him lucrative jobs - they did not see the ability to make a successful product for sale to the general public using his research, and so were not interested in further funding him.

About a month after his funding had expired, Philip was talking with two of his few friends, a male and a female, over coffee when the female mentioned that she had met an interesting guy on an Internet match-making website. While Philip knew that such sites existed, he knew nothing of the details. Within the next thirty minutes Philip had extracted all the useful information that both of his friends had about such sites, and immediately knew what he would do next - develop his pheromone enhancing and matching research into a worthwhile commercial service.

While trying to find an "angel investor" to take his service from the research to the commercial phase, Philip was able to more particularly identify "markers" in enhanced pheromones that were much like DNA alleles, the exception being that while DNA is unique (except for identical twins or the few identical triplets in history) to a particular person, the pheromone markers were indicative of sexual matches and theoretically there were potentially thousands of people worldwide with possible matched pheromones for most individuals.

Philip's search for an angel investor was futile for almost a year before serendipity struck, just before he ran out of savings and he would have to take a job as a chemist in a large corporation. Philip did volunteer work mentoring indigent children in an afterschool program and one of his fellow volunteers - unknown to him and all the others associated with the program at the time - was the daughter of a multimillionaire businessman. When Philip described his idea to the daughter she introduced him to her father. While her father wasn't interested in pursuing it, he introduced Philip to a billionaire friend of his who did become interested. And so Philip started a business relationship with fifty year old Austen Whitaker, a self-made wealthy man.

Austen had a personal motive - aside from his belief that a pheromone matching service would be monetarily successful - in getting into business with Philip. Austen had a twenty year old stepdaughter Alisa who was obviously the apple of his eye, and the person he most cherished in life, ostensibly even more so that his wife, and Alisa's mother, Brenda. Alisa had already had several bad relationships in her young life, and never found anyone who really "turned her on." Austen saw the pheromone matching service as a way to match her with someone who would be good for her, perhaps even perfect. When Philip met Alisa she seemed almost as intrigued as Austen was, and indicated that her mother Brenda was also intrigued - although Philip did not meet Brenda at that time.

*************

With Austen's money, the hiring of two assistant chemists, five computer gurus, and another half-dozen marketing majors, P-Match Services quickly started getting ready for commercialization. The plan was that anyone who wanted to participate would have to provide a two-inch square sweat-soaked cloth, a cheek swab, and a blood sample, along with a subscription fee of $500, to have their pheromone "markers" determined, and placed in a database. The database would also include basic information about the participant including age, sex (even though the pheromone markers and DNA from the swab would already determine that), brief medical history, geographic location,size, race, and like information. Potential participants could go to one of several hundred pre-existing medical clinics around the U. S. (where the marketing started) and pay a $100 fee to have these fluids extracted. As part of the $500 fee, a participant would be provided with a one year supply of pills - taken once a week - which enhanced pheromone production and sensitivity.

Also, for liability and moral reasons, each participant would have to swear in front of a notary that he or she was not married and not in an exclusive committed relationship. P-Match Services didn't want to be an Ashley Madison.

Sadly, Philip's research had determined that about 12% of humans had pheromone production or sensitivity that could not be sufficiently enhanced, and for those individuals $350 of their $500 was refunded once that was determined.

Within a year P-Match Services was up and running. As the database increased, so too did the successful matches. Within eighteen months from startup there were already more than 1500 successful matches (as determined by the criteria of the participants in the matches), which successes were widely touted by P-Match on social media, and via email to its participants, and the business was financially successful. Especially pleasing to Philip as a scientist was the low failure rate; only five failures in the more than 1500 matches identified, and two of those failures were due to what turned out to be compromised data.

Austen Whitaker was especially pleased because within six months of startup Alisa had been successfully matched with not one, but with two, guys who she had fantastic sexual relationships with, and there was every indication that she would choose one of them as a life mate.

The only negative part of the entire experience was that Philip never found a suitable match for himself in those eighteen months. While there was one woman whose markers were properly aligned with his, she was sixty years old and had a home situation that was intolerable, so Philip never consummated a sexual encounter with her.

*************

At the eighteen month, six day, and four hour mark after P-Match went commercial, two of Philip's employees - John, a male chemist, and Terri, the female manager of the computer department - came into his office with big smiles on their faces.

"You two look like a couple of opossums," Philip chuckled.

"We have good news," John shot right back.

"Spill before I pull your data from the database," Philip replied, this time with a snicker.

"If you don't mind someone twelve years older we have the perfect match of all matches in our history for you," Terri laughed.

"What do you mean, 'perfect match?'" Philip responded, not believing his ears. A perfect match was the Holy Grail. Normally, if two participants had thirty nine or forty out of forty four markers in common it was considered an excellent match. The most matching markers ever before in P-Match's history was forty two. What John and Terri were implying was a forty four-marker-match.

"Geez, Philip - I thought that you actually got through college but likely by the skin of your teeth," Terri playfully snorted. "You were the one to define 'perfect match;' forty four out of forty four markers. And to top it off she's local!"

"Let me see it!" Philip, now excited, barked as he snatched a printout from Terri's hand. After looking at it for two or three minutes while John and Terri just stood there smiling, snickering, or chuckling, Philip looked them in the eye. "This isn't an April Fool's joke, is it?"

"It's June, doofus," Terri sniped.

"It's true - and how poetic - that the creator would get the first perfect match," John chuckled.

"Let me see her entire profile," Philip excitedly said holding out his hand. John handed him another printout which read "Bernice Miller, thirty eight," Philip was twenty six at the time, "Barrington, Illinois," a suburb of Chicago, the windy city being where P-Match's offices were and where Philip lived, "brunette, blue eyes, five feet eight inches tall, 133 pounds, no children, divorced, family from Cleveland, likes hiking and water sports, flies her own plane..." etc.

Philip gulped.

"Uh...Terri...please send her my profile ASAP and let me know the second that she responds," Philip mumbled his mouth suddenly feeling dry while there was activity at his crotch.

"Will do, horny-teenager boss," Terri laughed as she and John exited with Cheshire cat grins on their faces.

***************

Bernice suggested a Saturday morning hike in a suburban forest preserve, and then lunch in Wheaton, for Philip's first meeting with her. Philip liked the sound of that - he much preferred that to a bar and dinner at a fancy restaurant, or dancing in a club.

When Philip met Bernice at the entrance to the forest preserve at 8:30 a. m. the next Saturday he could not have been more pleased with Bernice's overall appearance. Although not classically beautiful she was pretty; in her hiking shorts it was easy to see that her thighs were sculptured and toned; she had a flat stomach and a big ass for someone who weighed 133 pounds (from her look that figure was likely spot on), and perky tits. Her face did look thirty eight, but her clothed body appeared to be significantly younger. While her clothes were casual they definitely exuded "good taste." Although Philip was certain that he had never seen her before, she also had a familiar look that he couldn't place, but enjoyed.

Bernice seemed to like what she saw in Philip too. He certainly was handsome and easily six feet two inches tall. While Philip had never been an athlete he did do a lot of walking and calisthenics since he firmly believed that the mind didn't work well unless the body is taken care of, and he was trim with good posture.

Philip had always been on the "introvert side" of ambivert, but with Bernice he felt an instant connection. While Philip had studied pheromones for years, this was the first time that he was actually experiencing a pheromone connection, and it felt almost like an out-of-body experience.

Bernice's reaction to Philip, combined with his own reaction including mild sweating and activity in his crotch area, convinced him that she really was a forty four marker "perfect," match.

Bernice seemed to know where they were going as they meandered through the forest preserve, with mutual touching becoming more and more common. Finally after about two miles in, when they both had a light coating of perspiration on their arms and foreheads, which enhanced pheromone production and sensitivity, Bernice grabbed his hand and pulled him off of the path. She stopped when they got to a small clearing about 150 meters from the path, and obscured on all sides by leafy trees and bushes.

"I have a blanket and some seltzer in my backpack," oozed out of Bernice in the sultriest voice in Philip's experience. "Let's take a break."

Philip helped Bernice shed her backpack, almost unable to control the urge to grab onto her tits as he did so. After they spread out the blanket and each took a swig of seltzer from the same bottle Bernice stared into his eyes and rhetorically asked "So this is what pheromone attraction is?"

"I've never experienced it before - but it has to be since you're a perfect match and I feel differently than at any other point in my life," Philip somewhat nervously replied.

"So...we're a perfect match, huh..." Bernice grumbled as she pushed her lips onto his.

What happened next did seem like an out-of-body experience to both of them. Ostensibly without rational thought, or recollection of how it happened, they were soon naked on the blanket in a sixty nine position with Philip zealously fingering Bernice's pussy and sucking on her clit while she sucked his cock and massaged his testicles. While Philip wasn't particularly experienced sexually - he probably could count his past sexual experiences on just his toes - their mutual passion more than made up for that. In short order Bernice was climaxing so intensely that she could no longer suck his cock, which was his cue to bury his hog in her cooch.

As his cock purposely slid into Bernice's snug pussy Philip's nerves were almost fried from penetration alone. After no more than a couple of minutes of frantic pumping he came like a B-52 taking off. He was afraid that he was premature, but that fear subsided when Bernice seemed to convulse like she was having a heart attack as her snatch squeezed his cock like a vice. They were both temporarily rendered comatose.

When Philip did ultimately extricate his still three-quarters hard cock from Bernice's sublime pussy electric charges went up both of their spines. When sometime later they regained the ability to speak Philip mumbled "WOW - that was by an order of magnitude better than any other experience in my life. You are a perfect fuck!" Only after he said it did he realize that that was the first time he had ever used the word "fuck" when talking to a sex partner - but there was no other way to describe this enthralling experience.

After planting a half dozen quick kissed on Philip's neck, cheeks, and lips Bernice mumbled back "Even if your cock didn't fit my pussy like a glove - although it does - that was my best experience too - and something that I've been missing for years."

In their "pillow" (actually "blanket on the ground") talk they continually remarked about how real - and overpowering - pheromones are.

"I really had no intention of letting you fuck me within an hour of meeting you, Philip," Bernice groused. "But our pheromones had other ideas. Shit, I feel like such a slut - but a sexually satisfied one," Bernice laughed.

"Not so satisfied that you'd forgo a repeat, I hope?" Philip smiled.

"Is that thing saluting again?" Bernice laughed as she stroked Philip's cock. "OK, stud; doggy this time, but tongue me up first, I don't care that there's already a pint of your cum in my snatch."

Philip obliged; and the second fuck, with his hands squeezing her tits and pinching her nipples the entire time as they tried to bang each other to death, was even more rewarding. Only after he finally removed his red and sore cock from her heavenly orifice did he realize these were his first back-to-back fucks of his life.

After Bernice and Philip had lunch in Wheaton - with Bernice humorously complaining throughout the meal that cum was leaking down her thighs - they acted like a pair of horny teenagers when they had a good-bye fuck in Bernice's SUV.

Still in a powerful sexual afterglow Philip asked "When can we meet again, Bernice?"

"What do you want to do when we meet again?" Bernice playfully responded, stroking Philip's cock through his trousers.

"We'll think of something," he replied.

"I have Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, and Saturdays until about 3:00 p. m. free. How does that sound?" she replied with a twinkle in her eye.

"Sounds wonderful - where can we meet?"

"I have a full sized van; Wednesday why don't we meet in your office parking lot, say 2:30, and make use of the bed in the back of the van. Thursday you can come to my loft in Barrington; can you get there by 4 o'clock?" she giggled.

"Wild horses couldn't keep me away," he responded, pinching her ass.

"Saturday we can meet at your apartment - you have sound-proof walls, don't you," she giggled again, biting her thumb.

"I'll gag you if I have to," he chuckled.

************

So began the most sexually-fulfilling era in lives of Philip Brubaker and Bernice Miller. The sexual encounters got even more intense over time and demonstrated to Philip without possible equivocation that matching pheromones were the most potent aphrodisiacs imaginable. No matter how many times they had intercourse it always seemed to be even slightly better than the previous time. They also seemed to enjoy each other's company when not fucking. They were playful, non-confrontational, and anxious to please each other - with one exception.

12