Phoenix Rising from Ash

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Munchn
Munchn
33 Followers

While Charlotte is busy being distracted, the figure Phoenix saw walk in stands right next to Charlotte now. Charlotte turns around to see who this person is, crowding her space, and as she's about to say something snarky to the person she screams, "Ben!" in pure, pleasant surprise, "Oh, lord damnit, Ben. You're here!"

This time it's Taydo and Phoenix sharing a glance as they roll their eyes, having expected a reaction of this kind towards her surprise.

"The exact reaction I had in mind," is all Ben says with a grin. They hug and Charlotte is still saying how surprised she is that he's here and the girls kept it from her.

"Hey, it was his idea," says Taydo in defense with Phoenix nodding in agreement.

"And that's cause I don't deserve a welcome back any less than that," responds Ben as he heads over to hug Phoenix and Taydo.

"Welcome home, we've missed you, you know that?" confesses Taydo as they hug.

"Of course you have," chuckles Ben as he settles into his seat, "Where's the waiter? We need to get the drinks flowing 'round about now."

They order some alcohol and Phoenix just sticks to her whiskey, wishing she could spark a blunt. The drinks are coming in, conversation is good and the four friends are enjoying themselves but the restaurant and bar start filling up as the evening hours carry on.

"Guys, I've got this new kush back at my place. Let's go so we can blaze," suggests Phoenix. They all agree and since none of them are sober enough to drive, they request an Uber which drops them off safely, but not before they get some liquor on the way.

When they walk in Charlotte takes charge of the stereo, choosing the music and quickly creating a playlist, Ben gets them all some glasses, Taydo settles in and Phoenix kicks off her shoes for more comfortable slippers.

They all sit in the lounge with drinks in hand while the blunts are being prepared. The rest of the night is filled with music, alcohol and smoke as the group intoxicates themselves and share the night. They stay up to the wee hours of the morning. One by one they start dozing off until all Ben is the last one up, jet lag is no joke. He gently wakes them and makes sure all of them are gone to bed and tucked in before he settles into bed, eventually nodding off too.

The next morning, well its close to midday, Phoenix wakes up with a headache. When she walks into the kitchen, drawn by the delicious aroma, Charlotte is preparing a hangover feast. Phoenix takes out a glass from the cupboard, fills it with water and finishes it in a gulp, fills up 2 glasses and goes over to give Charlotte a hand, along with one of the glasses of water.

They start chatting as they cook and when all is done, Phoenix wakes Ben and Taydo up and they all wash up quickly before brunch. They sit around the table with minimal talking as they're all nursing a hangover, but more so Taydo.

"Tay, you never let loose as much as you did last night. You good?" asks Ben.

Charlotte takes the liberty to inform Ben, "In the time you've been away we've seen more and more of this Tay. She's becoming more open to this than previously and it's good to see this side of her."

"Yea, but she still holds back sometimes. Guess it depends on the situation," finishes off Phoenix.

"Yea. Sometimes I feel comfortable enough to just let loose, but I have days where I'm not getting into it," confesses Taydo.

"Interesting," reflects Ben. "What else have I been missing that you haven't yet shared with me? Phoenix, how's Ash?"

"You just missed her yesterday!" gasps Charlotte as she can't wait to fill Ben in on the previous day's encounter. "Just before you came in she and Phoenix were making googly eyes at each other."

"She was there with a guy," dismisses Phoenix, trying to get the subject to come to a close.

"Is that so?" asks Ben with his interest piqued. "Why don't you call her Nix? Just to say hi," suggests Ben.

"Yea just call her, you know you wanna do it," adds Taydo, "I mean there's no harm in it," with a shrug of her shoulders.

Phoenix really does want to call Ashley but she doesn't call, not wanting to do it cause her friends pressure her into it.

By the time everyone has left Phoenix takes out her phone and stares at it. After a few good minutes she dials Ashley's number, who picks up with a cheerful-sounding, "Hello."

"Hey, Ashley," Phoenix greets back, slightly caught off-guard, despite the fact that when you call someone they are supposed to answer. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good. Yea, how are you?" asks Ashley.

"I'm great... hey, would you like to catch a bite, or a drink with me sometime? I'd really like to get to know you, I find myself drawn to you," says Phoenix as she finally speaks up with courage.

Ashley giggles a bit and says, "Yes, I'd actually like to hang out with you. Especially after yesterday's encounter," reminding Phoenix of how her friends embarrassed her.

"Great," was all Phoenix could manage while trying to conceal the relief and excitement she is feeling. Phoenix has a burning question but is not sure whether to ask now or leave it for later in the week, but decides against waiting and throws an easier one out there, "So... Which day is good for you?"

"This whole week I'm working the day shift, so any evening is good for me. Actually, how's tomorrow evening?" is Ashley's suggestion.

"That's perfect," confirms Phoenix, getting really excited at this point.

Munchn
Munchn
33 Followers
12