Physical Therapy For The Soul

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tony155
Tony155
1,223 Followers

Theresa shook her head. "You need your eyes checked. Is there any history of blindness in your family?"

"Nope, just a history of guys who know a pretty woman when they see one."

Theresa rolled her eyes.

"Now what's that about?" Zerrick asked.

"You are blind!" she laughed.

"You are very pretty."

"I am very mediocre and I have no boobs."

"I think you're very pretty and who cares if they're small?"

"I care and most guys care."

"I'm not most guys..."

"Really?"

"...and I'd date you in a heartbeat."

It came out without thinking and Zerrick bit his bottom lip.

Theresa stopped and looked at him. She hadn't expected that.

"You would?" she asked.

Zerrick paused for a second. "Do I have to spell it out for you? You are very pretty. I enjoy seeing you three times a week here even though you always put me through pain. I really look forward to it. And yes, I would love to go out with you and see what you're all about." Zerrick scooted even closer. "So, what do you say?"

"You're not saying this because you saw my tits, are you?"

Exasperated, Zerrick stood up, pushing the chair away. Hands on his hips, he said, "Look, I liked you from the start, even though you tried to kill me that first day."

Theresa smiled.

"What else can I say?" he continued. "Yes, getting a look at your boobs was a special treat, but I liked you for the past month." He sat back down and looked at her. "If I wasn't attracted to you, I wouldn't ask you out."

"I don't know, Zerrick," Theresa said, shaking her head. "I like you, too, but I don't think dating each other is a good idea right now."

It killed her to say that. She really did want to date him. She knew that now.

"Why?" he asked, a bit puzzled.

"I just don't think it's a good idea for us to date when you're under my care. I don't want us to lose our focus on why you're here and what I need to do to get you healed."

"I don't think it would be a problem," Zerrick said. "I'm very focused on what I need to do. And I think you would be very focused on my well being, too."

"I'm not supposed to get involved with my clients." Theresa rested her chin on her hands and sighed loudly. Her brown eyes were a bit downcast and sad.

"Who would know? Why couldn't you treat me like you normally do? I think we could do it."

"I just don't know if I can be as tough on you if we were dating."

"I bet you could if I pissed you off the night before!" Zerrick grinned. "You'd probably be spitting bullets waiting to get your hands on me!"

Theresa howled with laughter, a laugh that brightened her face immediately. "You are so right," she replied, her shoulders shaking. She wiped her eyes with her hand and shook her head back and forth. Theresa knew she would date him now and damn anything that got in their way.

"Okay, okay," she relented. "I'll go out with you on one condition."

"What's that?"

"If we find that dating each other interferes with your therapy, we either quit dating or you find another therapist. Deal?"

"It's a deal," Zerrick said, grinning, "on one condition."

"What's that?"

"You have to keep wearing loose fitting shirts."

"What?"

"And you have to bend over once in a while to help keep me motivated."

"That's two conditions," she shot back. "I can't believe this," Theresa said, shaking her head. "What do you see in them? There's nothing there!" She looked down her blouse as if to check.

"I like small ones," he said simply. "The smaller, the better." He smiled devilishly. "And yours are perfect."

Theresa looked at him in astonishment. "And here, I thought I needed a boob job to get noticed."

"Geez, Theresa," he exclaimed, "don't ever think about getting a boob job. They look terrible and they certainly wouldn't look right on you."

"How do you know? Maybe they'd look okay on me."

"I doubt it," he replied. "From what I saw, I'll bet yours look great on you just as they are."

Theresa thought for a moment about what he said. She still found it hard to believe that a man would think she had good looking breasts. It just wasn't normal. Didn't they all like big ones? She never wanted big breasts, just ones that were natural looking and would give a man something to put his hands on and play with.

"Come here for a minute," she said, coming out of her thoughts. She stood up and led him through the door to the swimming pool. When the door closed, she turned and faced him.

"You've already seen them once. I want you to give me your honest opinion now."

Theresa tugged her shirt out of her pants and in one sweeping motion, pulled it over her head. She didn't know why she did it at that moment, but she trusted him without reservation and didn't feel ill at ease at all about being half naked in front of him. Heck, he had already seen them, so what was the difference? She shook her hair out of her face and looked at him.

Zerrick's jaw dropped just as it did before. They were very small and nicely shaped, but like he thought, they fit her small frame perfectly. They were a little bigger than she let on, but probably no larger than a 32A, if that. Hell, he didn't know bra size. He only paid attention to what was inside the bra. Her nipples stuck out proudly and Zerrick wondered how he hadn't noticed them before, even in her loose fitting shirts. She had broad, muscular shoulders and Zerrick guessed she cut a killer figure in a bikini. The effect her breasts were having on him was almost instantaneous as an uncomfortable bulge appeared below his waist.

"Well?" she asked impatiently, her hand on her hip holding her shirt. She mistook his silence for disapproval.

"They're beautiful, perfect, lovely. I can't think of enough adjectives." He moved closer and looked her in the eye. He wanted so much to reach out and touch them, but he didn't. "Don't ever be ashamed of them."

"Really?" she asked, trying to believe what he said.

"Please, don't ever think about ruining yourself with a boob job. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. They're beautiful."

"You're really sweet," she said, looking into his dark eyes.

"It's the truth."

Theresa glanced at the clock on the wall and saw the lateness of the hour. She'd probably catch hell for her late timecard and she would have to think of some kind of excuse. They hadn't even had a date yet and she was already in trouble.

"We got to go," she said as she put her shirt back on.

"I wish you didn't have to cover them up."

"Well, I may go braless, but I do have to wear a shirt when I leave."

After her shirt was on, she turned off the lights to the swimming pool and they returned to her desk where she pulled on a pair of sweat pants over her shorts. Zerrick helped her into her jacket and he pulled his on, too.

As they left the center, Theresa set the alarm and locked the door after turning off the lights. They stood by the door for a moment not saying anything.

"You surprised me," Zerrick said, breaking the silence.

"How?"

"I wasn't expecting you to take off your shirt back there."

"I guess not," she replied softly, laughing. "I don't normally do that for my clients."

"Everyone would want you for their trainer, then," Zerrick said. He looked down at his shoes.

"Why did you do that?" he asked softly without looking up.

"Because I trust you and I didn't think you'd lie to me," she answered just as softly, almost in a whisper.

"Oh."

"Maybe I shouldn't have done it."

"It's okay. I just didn't expect it, that's all."

"I'm sure you didn't."

They were quiet for a moment as they inched towards the door.

"When would you like to go out?" he asked, breaking their thoughts.

Theresa thought for a second. "How about tonight? We might as well start getting to know each other better."

"I won't argue with that. Where would you like to go?"

"I don't care. You pick the place." Theresa shrugged. "It doesn't matter to me."

They began to walk towards the front door. Zerrick stopped at the door and looked at Theresa.

"When can I pick you up?"

"I can be ready in an hour. Here's my address." She wrote something on a business card and handed it to him.

"You're kidding me," Zerrick laughed, looking at the card. "You live on Carrington?" Theresa nodded. "I live on Parkland." The two streets were within a few miles of each other.

"Oh my God," Theresa exclaimed. "I can't believe we live that close." She shook her head. She never paid any attention to his address when she looked at his file. "I guess I'll see you in an hour then."

"Okay," Zerrick replied as they stepped out into the cold March evening. Who would believe it, Zerrick thought. Who in the world would believe it?

Chapter 3

Zerrick arrived at Theresa's house a few minutes after seven-thirty. It was a small brick ranch with maples and pines surrounding it. Theresa's VW Jetta was parked in the garage, so Steve pulled into her driveway.

Theresa opened the brown door before he had a chance to knock or ring the bell.

"Come on in," she said a she stepped aside. "I'm almost ready."

Zerrick nodded and looked at Theresa as he passed. She was wearing black slacks and a gold colored turtleneck.

"You look really nice," he remarked, noting he had never seen her in anything but khaki shorts and green polos.

"Thanks," she replied. "You don't look half bad yourself."

He was wearing blue dress slacks and a white dress shirt, no tie.

"Make yourself at home," she continued. "I'll be ready in just a minute or two." Zerrick didn't think she needed to do anything else to make her look presentable. She looked fine.

"Okay," he said as he walked to the nearest chair and sat down. Theresa disappeared down a hallway.

True to her word, she reappeared a minute or two later and announced she was ready.

"By the way, where are we going?" she asked as Zerrick helped her into her jacket.

"It all depends on what you like," he replied. "We could go Italian, Mexican, Chinese, or we could go trendy or family. What do you like?"

"I like anything except seafood," Theresa explained. "Chinese is my favorite, though."

"I know just the place, then," Zerrick smiled as they walked to the door.

They talked little during the short drive to the restaurant. Theresa asked him about his job since she knew very little about the insurance business. He explained to her in basic terms what his job entailed. He didn't go into great detail, but it gave her an idea what an insurance adjustor did.

They arrived at the restaurant within fifteen minutes and Zerrick helped Theresa out of the car. As they walked to the door, Steve asked, "So, are you wearing a bra?"

Theresa stopped and looked at him. "Zerrick," she said indignantly, "I wear a bra on dates and other special occasions. I just don't wear one to work or around the house. Okay? It's padded, too, if you want to check."

"Maybe later," he grinned.

Theresa's eyes narrowed.

"I was only kidding," he added quickly.

Theresa managed a small smile. "I guess I'm a little sensitive about it."

"A little?" Zerrick questioned, an eyebrow raised.

"Okay," Theresa relented, now smiling. "Maybe more than just a little."

"Come on," he said, gently pulling her arm towards the door. Theresa let him lead her inside the restaurant.

Because of the lateness of the hour, the restaurant wasn't very crowded. Zerrick asked for a remote table and they were led to a darkened corner that was out of the view of most of the patrons.

"This is really nice," Theresa remarked once they were seated. "I don't believe I've been here before."

"The food's excellent. Be careful of the spicy dishes, though. You'll be gulping down water all evening," he warned.

"I'll keep that in mind."

They browsed the menu for a few minutes before a beautiful, petite girl with glossy black hair and almond shaped eyes came to their table and asked for their drink order.

"Would you like some wine?" Zerrick asked Theresa.

"Sure," she nodded.

"Two glasses of white Zinfandel, please," he said to the waitress. She nodded and left them.

"Good choice," Theresa said.

"I know," he winked.

They talked casually until the waitress arrived with their wine and then took their orders: Beef with green peppers for her and curry chicken for him.

Once she left, they reached for their wine glasses at the same time and Theresa laughed.

"A toast?" she asked

"I'm not really into toasts," he replied. "I'm not too good at giving them."

"Well, I've give one, then." Theresa eyed her date. "To us. That's simple enough, isn't it?"

She touched her glass to his.

"I like that," Zerrick said before he took a sip.

Theresa was pleased with his approval. In just the short time they were alone together, she found herself liking him more and more. She liked his looks, the way he spoke, and the way he looked at her through the flickering candles that separated them. He was very attentive every time she spoke and hung on each word she said. His eyes rarely left her face and his smile was genuine. Theresa found herself smiling a lot, too. For a first date, she felt it was going fairly smoothly without the awkward silences and nervousness that sometimes dominated one.

Their food arrived a short time later and their conversation became minimal, only asking about each others food. Zerrick eyed her from time to time and wondered what she was thinking. It mattered to him whether or not she was enjoying herself. He was having fun and he was delighted to have Theresa across the table from him. It had been a while since he had been on a date, mostly by his choice, and sitting across from him was a very attractive woman whose company he enjoyed very much.

"So, what are you staring at?" she asked softly.

His thoughts broken, Zerrick turned his head slightly from embarrassment. "Was it that obvious?" he asked, grinning. He looked back at her.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Well, I was staring at you. You look very pretty tonight. I guess I'm not used to seeing you out of your work clothes."

"So, you don't think I'm pretty when you see me at work," she pouted.

Zerrick rolled his eyes and thought for a moment. He wasn't sure if she was serious or if she was chiding him. He looked back to her, but she was waiting patiently for his answer.

"I said nothing of the kind. I think you're trying to put words in my mouth. Here, I thought I was paying you a nice compliment."

"Yes, you did, and I thank you for it. It was very kind," she retorted. "But, you still didn't answer my question."

"And the question was...?"

"Do you or do you not think I'm pretty at work?"

"I think you are very pretty at work. I wouldn't have asked you out otherwise."

"Oh."

"Of course," he continued, "you're even prettier without your shirt on." Zerrick grinned at her.

Theresa let out an audible sigh. "Men," she muttered.

"What was that? I didn't quite make it out." Zerrick was amused by the conversation.

"Never mind," she replied.

"So, what about me?" Zerrick inquired.

"What about you?"

"Do you find me attractive?"

"Of course I do," she said. "I liked you from the start."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Theresa's fork went back to her plate and picked at the food still there.

"Well," she continued, "except for your whining all the time, that is."

"What?" Zerrick exclaimed, trying to keep his voice down. "You were trying to kill me. I do not whine."

Theresa laughed. "You do too. Every time I make you do some real work, you whine, bitch, and moan about how tough I am on you. You cry at the slightest bit of pain." Theresa sat back and was giggling now.

"Shoot, you're not happy unless I am in pain," he shot back. "I bet you sit at home and try to think of ways to hurt me."

"I do not," Theresa said, pointing her fork at him. He was trying to suppress a smile, but was having difficulty. "I just put you through the same routine as the eighty year olds, so I know you won't be able to handle it."

"That wasn't very nice." Zerrick was smiling.

"Who said I was nice?"

"I'm sure no one ever has."

"Oh, touche." "Thank you," Zerrick nodded to her.

A silence came over them. Theresa thought about her current date and the way things were going between them. She was totally at ease with Zerrick and felt as if they had been friends for a very long time instead of just a few weeks. She had smiled a lot that evening and was glad for it. Zerrick's easygoing disposition suited her well in this period of her life. She had enough of moody dates. She had enough of bad boy dates. She had enough of dates who had all the charm of a used wash rag. And she had enough of dates whose insincerity dripped with every word that escaped their mouths.

As a young girl she never thought she would still be unmarried at twenty-six. Theresa always thought that Prince Charming would knock upon her door and sweep her away to his magnificent castle upon a blazing white stallion. Well, her first Prince Charming arrived in a rusty '77 Chevy with springs that poked her butt through the threadbare upholstery and her illusions were soon shattered. College wasn't much better.

She thought things would turn in her favor once she settled into a job. Sure, she dated, but she never found the right one. Well, that ended when Zerrick Collier crutched into the rehab center that one day. She still wasn't sure why he was different, why she was falling for him when she hadn't fallen for anyone before. It wasn't yet time for her to examine her reasons. She knew there was no rational answers for the questions she had. It was time to enjoy the moment and just let it be.

"So, what are you staring at?" Zerrick asked.

Theresa blinked and looked his way. "I'm sorry," she stammered. "I didn't know I was staring at you."

"Well, not at me, but I was just wondering what was so interesting behind my head."

"I was just thinking about some things."

"Like..."

"Oh, never mind," Theresa said. "It wasn't important." She looked down to her almost empty plate.

They both declined dessert and as the time neared ten o'clock, they decided to leave. Zerrick helped her into her jacket and they made their way to his car once the bill was paid.

"Do you want to go to a movie or something?" he asked once they were settled in the car.

Theresa thought for a moment. "No thanks," she replied. "Why don't we just go back to my place for some coffee. I have a lot of DVD's if you want to watch a movie."

Zerrick shrugged indifference. He wasn't much of a movie buff, but the chance to sit with her, to be near her and talk was something he didn't want to pass up.

"That's fine," he said. "Coffee sounds great."

Minutes later, they were sitting on her couch sipping on the freshly brewed cinnamon flavored coffee.

"This is good," he remarked. "I've never had flavored coffee before."

"I really like it. It helps me relax."

"Am I that bad of a date?" he asked, laughing.

"No, silly," she said, tapping his hand. "I never would have asked you inside if you were a bad date. You are a very good date." She smiled. "Thank you for the dinner. It was lovely."

"You're welcome," Zerrick replied. "Maybe you'd like to do it again sometime?"

"I'd like that."

"When?"

"Is tomorrow night too soon?"

"It's not soon enough."

"How sweet!"

"Of course it was."

"A little bit conceited, are we?"

"Well, you said it was sweet. I was just agreeing with you."

Theresa shook her head and settled into the cushions. After taking a sip, she said, "On second thought, why don't you come over and I'll fix supper for both of us? I haven't cooked for anyone in a long time."

"Sounds great," he replied. "I find it hard to believe you don't date much."

"Oh, I date here and there, but not too much lately. I guess I've just been too busy, that's all."

Tony155
Tony155
1,223 Followers