Physical Therapy For The Soul

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tony155
Tony155
1,225 Followers

"That's because I love you."

She gave him another passionate kiss.

"That's because you're a great lover."

Once more, she kissed him.

"That's for being the father of our child."

She hugged him once more as the steamy shower water started to cool.

* * * * *

"Where are we going?" Theresa called from the bedroom. Zerrick was dressed and in the bathroom.

"Franco's," he answered. "Why don't you wear that black number you look so good in?" He took a small burgundy box from his drawer and slipped it into his trouser pocket.

"You think it will look alright on me? My stomach is starting to show."

"No one will notice, trust me." Truthfully, he could barely see the little bulge that was starting to replace her previously flat tummy.

"Okay, if you say so."

Franco's was a quaint, family style Italian restaurant they frequented. Zerrick and Theresa arrived a little past eight-thirty and they both were starving. They were taken to a small table near a fireplace and shown the menu.

"May I get you something to drink while deciding?" the hostess asked. "A fine wine from our cold cellar perhaps?"

Theresa shook her head knowing she shouldn't drink alcohol. Zerrick looked at her thoughtfully, then spoke to the hostess.

"Would you happen to have some sparkling grape juice on hand? She's not allowed to have alcohol for a few more months."

"Oh," the hostess replied knowingly, "congratulations. I think I could find something for you." She left quickly to the kitchen.

"You didn't have to," Theresa said. "I could have water or a soda."

"No, I wanted this to be a special night for us, you know, a celebration." He smiled to himself.

"I think we did enough celebrating in the shower."

"That type of celebrating is never enough," Zerrick replied, winking.

The hostess came back a few minutes later with a chilled bottle of sparkling grape juice. "Compliments of the house," she said as she poured the liquid into two wine glasses.

She left the bottle before departing once more.

Theresa reached for her glass, but was stopped by Zerrick's hand extending across the table and touching her. Through the candlelight that separated them, Zerrick looked at her as if he were seeing the most beautiful person in the world. The dress looked perfect on her and her brown eyes were shining.

"What?" she asked softly.

"I have something else to show you," he said, reaching into his pocket. "I've never met anyone like you, Theresa. When I first found out you were pregnant, I was terrified, but now I'm overjoyed to know we're having a baby together. These past few weeks of living together has made me realize how truly lucky I am to know you and have you in my life. You are my life, Theresa. Without you, I'm not whole. I'm not complete."

He pulled the box from his pocket and opened it under the table.

He placed the open box in her hand saying, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Theresa's hand visibly trembled as she looked at the box nestled in her palm. In it was a simple gold ring with a small diamond inside its delicate prongs. The small stone shimmered in the candlelight as the light reflected off its excellent cut.

"Oh....my..." she said as her free hand went to her mouth. "Oh, Zerrick," she cried.

Trembling still, she took the ring from the box and placed it on her finger. She held it in front of her face and stared at it. It brought back painful memories of the first time she was proposed to, but she pushed those distant memories aside and smiled. This was different. Zerrick was oh so wonderfully different.

"It's gorgeous, Zerrick," she finally said. "I don't know what to say."

"'Yes', would be a good start," Zerrick replied.

"Oh Zerrick! Yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" She jumped up from her seat and hugged him at the other side. "I love you so much!" She kissed him and didn't care who was watching.

The waitress was waiting patiently nearby as Theresa finally let go of her husband to be. Smiling sheepishly, Theresa sat down and giggled lightly.

"He just proposed," she said, showing her the ring.

"It's very beautiful," she remarked. "Congratulations to both of you. May I take your order?"

"I think we'll need just a few more minutes," Zerrick said.

"Of course," she said before backing away.

They looked at each other through the flickering flames and smiled. They had no interest as to what was on the menu.

Epilogue

It was a cold January afternoon when Zerrick got the call from Theresa. He had been on pins and needles all day waiting for it. He didn't want to leave her that morning almost knowing she would go into labor, but she insisted and he left against his better judgement.

"Get your ass home and take me to the hospital!" she barked without expecting a reply.

"I be there in a few minutes," he replied, his heart beginning to pound.

"You better hurry, 'cause the water broke."

"Shit!" he exclaimed. "Hold on."

"What the hell else am I going to do?"

Zerrick drove as quickly as possible, continually chastising himself for leaving her. He made it home in record time. He grabbed the suitcase they had packed days before with one hand while helping an extremely uncomfortable Theresa with the other. Theresa had already called her doctor and she would meet them there.

While driving, Theresa tried to stay calm and concentrate on her breathing, but every few minutes, a contraction would hit her that knocked the wind out of her.

"How far apart are they?" Zerrick asked nervously.

"Three minutes. You better get me there quick. I don't want this kid born in a car."

"We're almost there."

"Hurry, damn it!"

"I am, I am!"

He pulled into the emergency room parking lot with tires squealing as he came to an abrupt halt at the entrance. A nurse was already there waiting for Theresa. She helped her into a wheel chair before taking her inside. Meanwhile, Zerrick parked the car in the parking garage and hurried in afterward.

By the time he entered the emergency room, Theresa was already whisked up to the maternity ward. He found her in one of the rooms surrounded by nurses who were beginning to help her undress. Zerrick placed the suitcase on a nearby chair and stood by helplessly, not knowing what to do and feeling a bit out of place.

Minutes later, they helped her into bed and began taking her and the baby's vital statistics. Theresa looked over at Zerrick and tried to smile, but it came out more like a grimace.

"Come over here and hold my hand," she said, reaching out for him.

Zerrick obeyed and moved to her left side and took hold of her hand. An IV was already being started in her right hand while her heart rate and blood pressure were being measured. Just then, a contraction her and she squeezed Zerrick's hand tightly.

"Shit!" she hissed, arching her back and tensing up.

"Breathe," Zerrick said calmly, hoping she would ease her grip on his hand.

"Easy for you to say," she said between gasps. "You can have the next kid."

"How long since the last one?" he asked.

"How the hell am I supposed to know? Not too long, I think."

"Oh."

"Time it yourself," she commanded.

"Okay."

Going by her gut instinct, Theresa didn't feel the labor would be too much longer. She had felt bad since the previous evening, but she hadn't told Zerrick. She didn't want him to worry. She figured she had already been in labor for quite a while.

It wasn't too much later when the next contraction hit. Her doctor was present by then and was examining her when it happened.

When it subsided, Theresa turned to Zerrick. "Time?" she asked painfully.

"Two minutes," he replied.

"We better move her inside," her doctor said. "She's dilating quite well and it should be any time soon."

Zerrick looked at Theresa and could see the fear in her eyes. He patted her hand reassuringly and nodded. Theresa tried to smile, but tears were starting to well in her eyes.

He leaned close to her and kissed her cheek. "I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," she said softly, "but I'm going to cut your nuts off when this is over!"

Just as she thought, her labor didn't last too long. After about an hour and a half of pain, sweat, and threats to Zerrick's manhood, they were presented with a baby girl weighing in at seven pounds and 1 ounce.

It was late that night after the baby had been fed and the grandparents had left when Zerrick and Theresa finally had a chance to be alone together. Theresa had dozed throughout the evening, earning a well deserved rest.

The quiet was broken only by the tick, tick, ticking of the wall clock as Zerrick held Theresa in his arms.

"I didn't mean all those things I said in the delivery room," she said tiredly.

"I know," he replied. "You were in a lot of pain. Just to set the record straight, my parents were married before I was born."

"I know, silly," she said, poking him in the ribs. "Please, don't make me laugh. I'm still sore."

"Okay. How about I just hold you and let you fall asleep against me?"

"That would be lovely."

She snuggled against his arm and sighed. "She really pretty, isn't she?"

"She looks just like you. She's got your eyes, nose and chin. I know I'm going to have to beat the boys away with a baseball bat when she becomes a teenager." Zerrick thought ahead and smiled.

"You're going to be a good dad," she said seriously.

"You think so?"

"I know you will."

"Well, you're going to be a great mom. She's already really bonding with you."

"She just likes being fed," Theresa countered.

"It's more than that and you know it."

"I know," she admitted. "I'd kill for her right now if I had to."

"I could see that."

"I'm serious."

"I know you are."

Theresa looked down her chest at her wedding and engagement rings which were attached to a necklace. She touched them with her right hand and smiled. She had hated to take them off when her hand swelled, but she knew that soon they would be back in their rightful place. So much had happened to her in just a years time. Never in her wildest dreams could she have thought she would be married and be a mother in such a short time. Who would have believed it?

She glanced back to Zerrick, who was staring at her intensely as if trying to look through her. It was unnerving at first, but then she returned his stare, studying his eyes and really seeing him. All she saw was joy and happiness, something she was accustomed to over the past few months.

It disappointed her when they had to discontinue making love late in her pregnancy. Up until then, it seemed like she couldn't get enough of him and that she always needed him inside her. She knew it would be difficult the next few months trying to get into a routine with their daughter and having the time and energy to maintain their sexual activity.

"Come here," she said tenderly, bringing his face close to hers. She kissed him sweetly and lovingly, enjoying the softness of his lips and the faint scent of his cologne.

"You are my life," she said, barely audible, her voice choking.

"Right back at you," he replied, smiling, "but now, Jessica's our life."

"Yes," Theresa said tiredly, "you're right. Thank you for making her with me."

"You're welcome, babe."

Theresa was quiet for a few seconds before she nestled into his chest once more. "I'm really tired, honey. I think I'll sleep now."

"Sleep all you want. You've earned it." He held her close and watched her as her breaths became slow and even. "I'll hold you forever," he whispered in her ear before she drifted off.

Tony155
Tony155
1,225 Followers