Pin-up Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Then he's a fool," Dr. Miller said. "Put on one of your Sunday dresses. We'll have breakfast at the diner."

When Dr. Miller steered his aging Buick into Baxter's driveway, Ted was waiting for them. "Stan, you old goat! How are you?" He shook his friend's hand warmly while he spoke to Diane. "You look more lovely every time I see you. You must let me draw you again." He hugged his "niece" and accepted her kiss on his cheek with a smile.

"Uncle Ted, please tell me I'm not making a fool of myself," she said.

"It's never foolish to follow your heart. Now come inside, you two. Lunch will be ready in a few minutes."

The bus was late. Dr. Miller, Baxter, and Phillip Hamilton discussed hunting to pass the time. Diane chattered nervously with Mrs. Hamilton.

"My dear, please, call me Thelma. My son is a gentleman. He spoke of you often in his letters, but it was Mr. Baxter who told us you were a pin-up girl. I think it's wonderful. Your image probably brought happiness to many brave young men."

Diane blushed furiously. "Have you and Mr. Hamilton seen the drawing? It's really nothing naughty."

"We sell calendars at the store. The drawing of you is in a frame near the cash register. My husband liked it anyway, and when Mr. Baxter told us you were Tommy's girl, we had to have it."

"Tommy's girl," Diane repeated quietly. She liked the sound of it.

The bus station loudspeaker crackled to life. "We have received a telephone call from the station down the road. The bus had a flat tire, but they're underway. Estimated arrival in five minutes."

"Five minutes till I see my boy," Phillip said. "It's been much too long."

"I know I'm going to cry," Thelma confided to her new young friend. "Phillip hates that, but you watch. He'll have his handkerchief out too."

Diane hung back with her father and Uncle Ted when families swarmed the bus. She thought she recognized Tommy from the newspaper picture when he came down the step, and was certain when she heard Thelma shriek.

Tommy eventually worked free of his parents' embrace long enough to look around. That's when he saw her. "Diane?"

She ran to him.

"I didn't expect to see you here."

"I couldn't wait," she replied. "I wrote you to tell you I was coming, but I was certain you would be on your way home before the letter got to England."

Tommy dropped his bag on the ground and fished in his uniform coat pocket. "I wrote a letter too. If I hadn't come home it would have been sent to you."

"What does it say?"

"Something I was afraid I'd never get to say to you in person." He pulled her to him and kissed her. "Open it."

*****

My dearest Diane,

If you receive this letter by post, I am gone. My soul will not rest until I say how I feel about you. Your sweet words have given me comfort when my spirits were low. Your smile has been my light. Had I survived, I would have come home and attempted to persuade you to be my wife.

I will always love you.

Tommy

*****

Tears flowed freely down Diane's cheeks. She kissed him, long and full. "I can be persuaded."

12