Plotting a Course Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Happy Thanksgiving Bobby." Rob said pulling me into kiss. We quickly got up, showered, and dressed. We were heading downstairs when my phone pinged with a message.

'Happy Thanksgiving Bobby.'I read the text message from Matt. I looked at Rob confused, Matt had never texted me before. I responded'you too'before putting my phone away.

"Who was that?" Rob's eyebrows were raised as he asked the question.

"Matt." I answered. "From class." I saw a flash of anger cross his face as he considered the information.

"He's never texted before, it just said Happy Thanksgiving." I said to Rob, I even handed him my phone so he could see. "I kinda feel bad for him."

"I don't trust him." Rob stated. "I think he's trying to steal you."

"That will never happen Robbie." I said. "You've got your hooks in me." Rob smiled pulling me into a hug.

"You're mine, and I'm yours babe. " Rob kissed my forehead before we headed downstairs to help my mom prepare for Thanksgiving.

My grandma decided she didn't want to host Thanksgiving this year. My mom worked with machine like precision and she had everything perfect. Grandma was the first to arrive, and she eagerly pulled Rob, Emily, and me into hugs. She was so accepting of my relationship with Rob that my heart filled with love just from the smile on her face. My aunt, her husband, and kids showed up a few minutes after noon, and the house filled with happy chatter.

Everything on the table was delicious and Rob and I greedily enjoyed the home cooked food that we had missed over the past few months.

"You boys getting enough to eat?" Grandma asked with a grin on her face.

"Yes ma'am." Rob answered after quickly swallowing another bite of food, which caused the table to erupt with laughter.

After dinner Emily and my grandma were playing a game of Spades with my cousins. Rob and I joined them in the den and chatted while they played.

"You play Spades Rob?" Grandma asked.

"No ma'am, I know Poker, and Rummy." He answered.

"Oh I think I remember how to play Rummy." She answered, flashing me a wink. "You wanna play later?"

"You're on." Rob answered smiling warmly at her.

"Rob." My mom interrupted as she looked at him. "I invited your parents over for lunch, but they declined. I made this pumpkin pie, if you want to take it to them." I could tell my mom's gesture touched Rob, his mom still spoke to him, but his father hadn't said a word to him since he found out that Rob was gay.

"Thanks Mrs. Thompson, I really appreciate it. " Rob tried to force a grin, but I could see the sadness written on his face.

"I'll come with you Rob." I volunteered.

"Thanks Bobby." Rob looked at me with a melancholy expression as I followed him out to his truck. Rob opened the door for me before we headed to his parents' house. He reached for my hand and I quickly took it, lacing our fingers together as we headed down the road.

"My aunt is here." Rob observed as we pulled into the driveway. I nodded noticing the extra car.

"You okay?" I asked Rob before he knocked on his front door. He didn't answer but he looked at me and shrugged. His dad answered the door and looked at us. There was a stern look on his face as he gazed at us before he walked back inside without a word.

"At least he didn't slam the door on us." I said, trying to make the best out of the situation. Rob gave me a slight smile as I followed him through the open door.

"Rob, Bobby." Mrs. Johnson was up and smiling when she saw us enter the house. She quickly pulled Rob and me into hugs as she led us into the den.

"Bobby's mom made this for you." Rob said as he handed his mom the pie.

"That's sweet of her." She answered as she set the pie down on a table. "I'm sure it's delicious." Rob's aunt was in the den with his mom. His dad was noticeably absent.

"I guess Uncle Charlie didn't come?" Rob asked his mom.

"No Rob, your father actually invited him, but he had other plans." Mrs. Johnson answered with a solemn expression.

"Dad invited Uncle Charlie?" Rob questioned, not sure he heard his mom right.

"Yeah." Her voice was almost a whisper.

"Is he talking to Uncle Charlie?" Rob asked his mom about his dad's brother.

"Not really."

"Why didn't y'all accept the invitation from Bobby's parents?" Rob asked.

"Your father isn't ready for that Rob. Dinner with your boyfriend's family is a little too much for him right now."

"Oh." Rob answered, considering her response. "Well we better head back, I promised Bobby's grandma that I'd play a game of Rummy with her." Rob's mom walked over to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"He'll come around Rob." I barely managed to hear her words as she spoke to Rob. "I love you Rob, I'm so proud of you." Makeup stained tears slid down his mom's face.

"I love you too mom." Rob said before we exited the house and headed back home.

**

As expected, my time with Rob wasn't enough. The Sunday before classes started Billy caught a ride with us back to school. Rob held my hand the entire time, tracing soothing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. When we pulled in front of Rob's dorm he got his bag out of the trunk. My dad and Billy waited in the car as I walked Rob to his dorm. He stopped in front of the building and dropped his bag on the sidewalk. "I'm going to miss you Bobby." He admitted before I felt his lips lightly brush my cheek.

"I'm going to miss you too Robbie, more than anything." I answered as I closed my eyes and planted my lips on Rob's. I heard the approaching footsteps and reluctantly separated from Rob.

"Hey roomie." I heard and I saw a mountain of a man walk up and slap Rob on the back. He was massive, at least six and a half feet tall. He had a childlike smile as he settled in beside us.

"Hey Clint, I want you to meet Bobby." A smile spread across Clint's face, I could feel the blush rising up my neck at the thought of meeting Clint. I held my hand out to shake Rob's roommate's hand. I was shocked when he pulled me into a hug, lifting me almost a foot off of the ground.

"The famous Bobby." He said snickering before he put me down. I looked wide eyed at Clint before I glanced at Rob who was trying to suppress a laugh. "Sorry about that little dude. I feel like I know you the way this one talks about you." He grinned as he poked Rob in the ribs. I felt heat rush to my cheeks at the comment and he patted my back and stepped away to do a choreographed handshake with Rob.

"Nice to meet you Clint." I managed to say and he nodded.

"Good to meet you too Bobby." He put his duffle bag over his shoulder and turned towards their dorm.

"Well I'm heading in." Clint said. He paused and looked me in the eyes before flashing me a wink. "He's cute Rob." Rob's eyes widened and he turned to look at his roommate who erupted in laughter before he headed inside. Rob shook his head before he sighed and pulled me tightly to him.

"I can't keep doing this babe." Rob's words caused me to pull back and look at him. His emerald green eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

"Doing what Robbie?" I whispered in question. He pulled me closer and I felt his warm breath ghost across my ear.

"Saying goodbye to you." What little resolve I had crumbled as I felt a tear escape my eye. I inhaled deeply, breathing in Rob's comforting scent, and tried to regain some composure before looking at him.

"Me either." I clung to Rob, not wanting to relinquish my grip.

*The story continues in Chapter 7*

12