Poison Ivy Ch. 07

Story Info
Hunter goes after Ivy.
15.6k words
4.82
69.5k
47

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/08/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

ETA: This is the revised version of chapter 7. We're getting close to the end, guys! The last chapter has been written and separated into 2 parts. As soon as I post the next two revisions, I'll submit the final chapters, as well as a teaser for Aella and Trevino's stories. Thanks for your patience.

As I've been editing these chapters, some minor details have changed. So if you read ahead before the last two revisions are posted, some things may not match up. I'll put an ETA at the start of every revision. Thanks!

Hi friends! I've been so psyched about the feedback for this story, thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Okay so as usual, I've listed the "soundtrack" for this chapter below. For those new to the story, this is an Omegaverse story, so some googling might be in order so you're familiar with the Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamics included in this chapter. There's also a lot of cussing, so if that sort of thing offends you, maybe pick another story.

Seeing as Hunter and Ivy have been separated, there isn't a ton of smut in this chapter, but it is soooo on in the next one. Scout's honor.

Finally, someone asked me in an email (which I haven't figured out how to reply to) to recommend some Omegaverse authors, because M/F stories are kinda rare. There are some good stories on this site, my personal favorite is The Mountain by MariLeigh. Also, Addison Cain is all the things! Definitely check those out.

As always, I so appreciate your support, and I hope you enjoy Chapter 7!

Soundtrack:

Always Wrong by Eisley

Chess by ZAND

The Run by MXMS

Good Kid by Former Vandal

I Could Be Anything (Feat. Elohim) by The Glitch Mob, Elohim

Cease Fire! by WRENN

Scorpio by Pour Vous

Babel (feat. Super Duper) by Sam Tinnesz

.............................

Hunter was a light sleeper. It was a convenient trait to have when you were in a foreign, hostile country during a decades-old conflict. He acted on instinct, another convenient trait. It's what had led him straight to that shitty little FOB, into that shitty little medic tent, where he had found his precious little Ivy, and it's what had made him claim her during her very first estrous, immediately following their very first mating.

So when he awoke to someone leaning over him with a syringe, it was only natural that the poor bastard found himself quickly slammed up against the wall and dangling from Hunter's fist around his neck.

"WHERE'S IVY?" He roared into the face of the... female... medic, who was quickly turning blue. Fuck. Carefully, he lowered the quivering Beta to the floor and quickly straightened her uniform. "Where is she?" he asked, his voice strained with barely contained fury and panic. He didn't quite remember the events leading up to this moment, but he was positive that his mate was in danger, and he needed to get to her, right fucking now.

"I...I...I don't know, Sir. S-she was t-taken away."

Hunter took a deep breath, barely noticing the sharp pain in his chest at the movement. He vaguely remembered being shot, but that wasn't important. Ivy was important. But the girl was on the verge of passing out, and he didn't need that. He needed answers.

"Tell me what happened, Medic. Then unplug me from all this..." he gestured to the myriad of wires and tubes sticking out of him, pumping him full of fluids and blood and god knew what else, "...shit, and take me to Lieutenant Pyle." The Lieutenant had been helping him implement some changes around base to improve conditions for the Beta soldiers. Pyle was younger than him by a few years, and behind him in rank, but the two officers shared a history. They had fought their way through more than a few hairy situations together, and each owed his life to the other. He was the only Officer on base he knew without a shadow of a doubt he could rely on. And, most importantly, he was a pilot.

"You... you were shot, sir. By General Maverick. There was a... an altercation, when he found you and your Omega with the baby... He must have thought the worst, even though we tried to... We tried to explain that she saved them..."

Hunter blew out a breath in frustration. He didn't care about any of that shit. He had witnessed firsthand the way Maverick had abused his own mate. He suspected Aella's emergency was, at the very least, partially the older Alpha's fault. But that didn't matter. He needed to know where his fucking mate was.

"Medic." He tried to say it calmly, but her wince told him he hadn't quite succeeded. "What happened... to Ivy?"

"Oh. Right. Well... He took her. General Maverick, Sir. He... The prisoner, the one you wanted me to watch over? He woke up... And I tried to call you," she said quickly, noticing the murderous look on his face. "I tried, I was dialing you, in fact... And General Maverick confiscated my phone, said he would take care of it. And... I wasn't there, but the guards, they didn't like how things went down. They were supposed to finish the job. That is... They were supposed to... ah... kill you. Or, make sure you were dead. But they brought you here instead. To me." She shrugged. "They said they saw General Maverick inject her with something, and the prisoner was there, and then she just... passed out. And then they all left. The three of them. They took the jet and left."

Hunter was fuming, his chest heaving. He was going to rip Maverick's head right off his fucking neck with his bare hands. Then he was going to cut the Beta's dick off and feed it to him, right before he shot him in the face.

"He didn't even take the baby," the girl was saying. "Or care about if, if Ms. Aella made it... She did, by the way, they're both recovering, her and the baby, that is. An officer came just yesterday to take them back to Lostra..." She trailed off, apparently noticing that she had been rambling nervously.

"That's good, Medic. You did good. Now unplug me and get me to Pyle."

He needed a plane, a pilot, and a fucking arsenal of weapons. He was going to get his Omega back.

I'm coming for you, Ivy.

................................................

"Why are you showing me this?" Ivy continued to scroll through the images of Aella and her baby, still recovering in an unfamiliar room with dirty, whitewashed walls, a single column of grey brick running down the middle, and dull grey floors. Aella was pale and frail-looking, but she had made it through the surgery and was well enough to be cuddling the tiny infant, who also seemed to be doing well. There was something vaguely familiar about the room they were in, something she couldn't quite put her finger on. She had a terrible feeling about this, but even still, it was good to see her... friend? Acquaintance? Fellow Omega?... alive and happy.

She looked up through narrowed eyes at the hulking Alpha towering over her with his arms crossed, a confident smirk on his stupid face. "I just wanted you to have a chance to see them," Maverick-dude drawled. God, she hated his voice. It was like watered down scotch. Almost warm and smooth, but not quite strong enough. "You know..." he continued, "before anything... bad were to happen to them."

Ivy swallowed. It was suddenly freezing in the little room she was being kept in. It could have been a prison cell if it hadn't been for the hard-oak bed frame, high-quality bedding, and the soft, eggshell blue of the walls. They'd taken her clothes (again, goddamnit) and replaced them with a hideous pair of pea-soup green scrubs, and not an orange jumpsuit.

Judging by the number of pills they were shoving down her throat and the needles they were poking her with, they seemed intent on keeping her drugged and sedated, and her best guess was that she was in some kind of mental institution. Although no doctor or psychiatrist had been in to visit her.

She tried to stand and then immediately sat back down when the room started spinning. Instead, she crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall and gave him her most intimidating scowl. "What are you saying, dickhead? Are you really threatening your own mate and daughter? What... If I don't behave, you're going to do something bad to them? Bullshit." She tried to hide the doubt in her voice. When it came down to it, she didn't truly believe herself. The Mav was clearly unhinged, and she honestly didn't know that he wouldn't do something so evil.

Maverick leaned over and put a hand on each side of her head, caging her in. His breath was hot on her face, and he reeked of clove cigarettes and onions. She wanted to gag. She looked away, toward the tall metal door in the middle of the wall. A small square window allowed others to look in, but was frosted on her side, preventing her from seeing anything outside her four walls.

Her current goal in life was to get through that door.

"Aella was caught being unfaithful," he said calmly, his voice soft and low. "She is no longer my anything, seeing as I never claimed her. Now you, on the other hand..." He hooked a finger under her chin, drawing her gaze back up to him. "You just lost you're mate, and you need another Alpha to take care of you. One you're already familiar with. Isn't that right?"

She bared her teeth at him. Bullshit. Aella had no more been unfaithful to this prick than Ivy had lost a mate. Hunter was alive. She could feel him, deep down in her bones. In her worst moments here, when she had to grip the sides of the bed in order to keep from falling off in her drugged stupor, she could hear him purring for her. She could almost feel his fingers trailing through her hair sometimes, or stroking down her back. He wasn't dead. He was very much alive...

And he was coming for her.

She just had to get out of here before he got that far. She knew he would try to kill every person between them, and she didn't want that. She didn't want him in that kind of danger, and she felt sort of bad for anyone who got in his way. Sort of.

A little.

Okay so maybe she just didn't want him in that kind of danger.

"If you think, for one second, that I'm going to let you get away with this bull--"

"You," the Mav interrupted (which was rude as fuck, but whatever), "will not be letting me do anything. You forget, little poison. You're an Omega, now. An Omega needs protection. Guidance. Discipline." The smile he gave her was positively malevolent. He was like a cartoon villain. Ivy rolled her eyes. She half expected him to break out in an evil cackle. "And I will be the Alpha to give you those things." He gripped her chin, his fingers digging into her cheeks painfully. "Your father will make sure of it. And Aella, and the baby, will be just fine."

"My father?" Ivy frowned. "My father's dead. Hunter told me he died in a house fire, with my mother..."

Maverick-dude chuckled and released her, pushing off the wall to walk across the grey tiled floor. "Oh, Ivy," his familiar drawl rolled off his tongue like motor oil. Revolting. "Poor, confused little Ivy. You've had such a rough go of it, haven't you? Don't worry, baby." He reached the door and pounded on it twice, then looked back at her with a menacing sneer. "I'll take care of you."

Ivy leapt to her feet when the door opened and stumbled forward, ready to scratch the shit out of this fucker. Of course, there was nothing in this sterile room she could use as a weapon. She had performed a thorough search at the first opportunity. But she had some decent nails that might do some damage, especially if she could get to his eyes. The door slammed shut just as she reached it, and she crashed into it ungracefully. She slapped the cold metal once with a cry of frustration, then turned around and slid to the floor, dizzy and lightheaded from the effort.

She needed to figure out a way to keep them from drugging her if she had any chance of getting out of here. She couldn't even walk right now, never mind sneak out of what was sure to be a fortified and heavily guarded asylum. Resigned, she crawled back to the small but comfortable bed and climbed under the heavy comforter, wrapping it around herself like a cocoon. She burrowed down into it as far as she could get and pulled her knees to her chest, curling into herself like an armadillo. Her armor was tough, but she wasn't stupid. She was in trouble. And more than a little bit scared.

She hated feeling like this; alone, weaponless, friendless, and Hunter-less. A psychotic Alpha was, for some reason, intent on keeping her under his thumb, resorting to threatening a completely innocent Omega and his own fucking child, to keep her in line. She was so drugged up, she couldn't even think straight. And her father? If he truly was alive, the way Maverick-dude talked about him didn't exactly inspire confidence.

For some reason, the thought made her cringe. There was something... Something about the flash of images she had when Hunter had grabbed her neck, and then again when Maverick-dude had almost strangled her, the prick. Something about the nightmares she had been having lately. A woman screaming. The acrid smell of smoke. The sensation of drowning...

She rubbed a hand over her face. Escape was imperative. She had to find of a way out of this, and fast.

There was a knock on the door, and she heard someone enter. This was new. No one had ever knocked before. Everyone just treated her like she had no right to privacy and barged right on in whenever they fucking felt like it. She curled up tighter, not wanting to face whoever it was. Nothing good had ever come through that door. She wasn't sure if she had been there for days or weeks, but not once had anyone even remotely friendly come to see her. It was just a long line of stoic or mean faced nurses and orderlies in starched white uniforms wielding weapons of the mind. They could all fuck off, as far as she was concerned. She certainly wasn't about to make this easy for them.

"Ivy?" a familiar voice said. He cleared his throat. "I, uh... Can we talk?"

"No," she snapped, and pulled the blanket tighter around herself. She knew that voice, and the very last thing she wanted to do was have a chat with her traitorous old buddy. Well, okay, maybe not the last thing, but pretty fucking close.

"Ivy, please. I want to help you, okay? This isn't a trick, I promise. Come on, we don't have a lot of time."

She growled in frustration. "Fuck off, Kentucky. You can just fuck right the fuck off." She threw off the blanket and swung her legs over the side of the bed, swaying slightly. She crossed her arms, then uncrossed them, grabbing the edge of the mattress to keep herself from falling over. The last dose of whatever they had crammed down her throat was kicking in, and she knew she was mere minutes away from passing out cold.

"Look, you have no reason to trust me. I know that. And you have every reason to hate me. I was... There's no excuse. I know that too. But you have to know, I wasn't in my right mind. They... I don't know what they did, but they made me think... They convinced me you were the enemy, all right? That you, and General Nelson, and all the fucking Alphas, were all the worst people in the world." He stood in front of her, looking down at his feet, rubbing the back of his neck. "I should have known better. I'm so sorry, Poison."

He shrugged and looked up at her, his amber eyes glistening and sorrowful. What an act. "I just... I can't believe I did that to you. I hate myself for it. But listen." He stepped toward her and looked at the door nervously, dropping his voice down to a whisper. "When I woke up... Maverick came to me right away. He told me he needed someone who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. When he told me what he had planned, I thought... I said I'd help him, so I could be here to help you. I'm going to get you out of here, Ivy." He reached out like he wanted to touch her face, but then stopped. Smart guy. He would have lost a finger. Probably. "I promise, I'll get you out of here. You just need to hang tight."

She stared at him incredulously. "Are you fucking serious, Brad? You expect me to believe you, after the shit you pulled? I trusted you. I... Kentucky, I loved you. And you... You..."

"I know," he said, dropping his gaze back down to the floor. "I know."

They were silent for a moment. Ivy's eyelids grew incredibly heavy, and her own voice sounded so far away.

"I don't neeeed your help." She said sleepily. Her tongue was thick in her mouth. None of the colors were right. The lights were swimming. Where was Hunter? "I'll get out of her myself. Kay? Sso jusst... Leave me..."

She couldn't hold herself up anymore. She wanted to cry, but she was too tired. She slumped to her side, unable to even speak. Her bed was rocking side to side, like they were on a ship. She would fall off soon, if it didn't stop. She tried to clench her fists, only to discover that her hands had turned into scratchy wool mittens. So very strange...

Well, this sucked.

A pair of hands wrapped around her legs and pulled them up to the bed, and she felt the comforter come around her shoulders. And then... Nothing.

................................

"How much longer?" Hunter spoke into the headset, all but shouting over the sound of the chopper blades as they flew across the seemingly endless blue ocean. A direct, unauthorized flight straight back to Lostra would raise too much suspicion. Hunter might as well announce his survival and subsequent homecoming to Maverick's goons, and he needed the element of surprise.

In order to maintain his anonymity, Pyle had convinced him to opt for a less direct itinerary, which included a series of flights and helicopter rides back home, stopping along the way at different army and air force bases and a couple of naval ships. And although he hated the fact that it would keep him away from Ivy that much longer, he knew it was better this way. It gave him time to plan out his attack.

Maverick and Hickson were powerful political figures, with dozens of manipulated and brainwashed goons they could use to keep Ivy confined and hidden away. He would need help. This indirect travel with multiple stops allowed him the chance to reach out to those people he knew he could trust. Old battle buddies who would be sympathetic to his cause, who would be ballsy enough to go up against the kind of men he was after.

Men like Maverick. Men like Vice President Hickson.

"We're about an hour out," Pyle shouted back to him, throwing him a glance over his shoulder from where he sat in the front. Hunter was seated behind the mounted rifle, one leg slung out of the open door, the other bent up to his chest. He growled in frustration. Just because he saw the logic and wisdom in taking the time to plan his approach didn't mean the primal part of him wasn't impatient to spill the blood of every last fucking person that had taken part in his mate's abduction.

He could feel Ivy through the pair-bond. She was so brave, his Omega. So strong, for such a little thing. But she was afraid. Despondent. She felt helpless. And there was something else... Something strange about the way the bond had been reverberating. A strange sort of echo. Like she was somehow being dulled or dampened. Perhaps drugged.

The thought made him beyond fucking furious. If they were keeping her sedated...

"When we get there, we should touch base with Fowler. He's got a place near the capitol, we can crash there before we make a move." Pyle's voice in his ear interrupted his thoughts.