Policing Vampires

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, what kinds of regular foods do you like?"

"What?"

"You said you also eat regular foods, what kind do you like?"

"Why do you ask?"

He shrugged, "Just making conversation. I get the feeling we're going to be spending a lot of time together over the next few days."

"You're not going to ask me what my sign is?"

"That was next." He grinned at her, it was the first completely unguarded, friendly smile she had gotten out of him. She liked it a lot.

"If you must know, my favorites are Chinese and Italian."

"Great, I'll make lasagna for you."

"You can cook?"

"You think with a name like Manetti I can't cook?"

"Well that's good because I can't boil water. After the wedding you can do all the cooking and I'll make the money." The wedding? Where the hell had that come from?

"Fine with me, I'm tired of having sore feet."

"Poor thing. Want me to rub them for you?"

"I'll let you know." She had watched his face before he answered. He had started to make some kind of snarky comment, then changed his mind and came out with something banal. Odd.

"Oh," he said as though remembering something. "I wanted to ask you about your first visit. You said something about putting my gun down and we were going to talk and I wouldn't remember a thing. The way you said it, it sounded like you expected me to do it."

"Yeah, that's one of the things vampires can do. I call it pushing. We can, to one degree or another, impose our will on non-vampires. When I told you to put your gun down so we could talk I did expect you to do it. I was going to find out how much you knew, then give you some different memories and send you off in the wrong direction. But it didn't work on you. For one reason or another you are resistant to being pushed that way."

"I must be naturally stubborn."

"I was going with thick headed."

"Now you sound like my partner. And my boss. And a lot of other people I know."

"Any chance it's true?"

"No question."

She pulled into the parking lot of her hotel and parked. She noticed that he kept his pistol in his hand as they gathered up his luggage and went to her room. She was glad to see it. That level of paranoia might keep him alive.

The room was actually a small apartment, with living room, kitchen, bedroom and bath. The building had been constructed with vampires in mind, there were no windows in the bedroom and the door shut solidly. Making a perfect hiding place for sleeping away the daylight hours. She could see Manetti checking the place out as soon as he entered. He went straight to the couch and flopped down. Poor guy must be exhausted. He let his head fall back and she watched his muscles relax.

He was too enticing. She had to get away from him for a few minutes and get her head on straight.

"Listen, I've got plaster dust all over me, so would you mind if I take a quick shower?"

He answered without raising his head. "Go ahead. I'm staking my claim to the couch and I may not get up for days."

She felt herself licking her lips and forced her mind away, going into the bedroom for clean clothes. She went into the separate bathroom and shut the door firmly. It was not going to happen. It was not. He was too confused, too unsure of this bizarre situation. She was not going to take advantage of that. Just get clean then drink some of the pseudo blood that was in the refrigerator. And stop thinking about how good he looked sprawled out on the couch. And how much you want to ride him.

Shit, stop it. You're not some teenage girl with a crush. What makes you think he is even interested. That was the reasonable part of her brain. A completely different part of her brain responded with Oh yeah? Go out there and wiggle your bare ass in his face if you think he's not interested.

She tried to ignore that, but the image was too strong to forget entirely. And too interesting. But she knew where the thoughts were coming from and was too stubborn to give in to them.

She peeled out of her dirty clothes and stepped into the shower. Getting clean felt wonderful. Rinsing off required that she run her hands over herself, which felt deliciously sensual. That sparked a few other thoughts about his hands instead of hers. When she realized she was caressing her own breasts she told herself firmly to stop it and stepped out of the shower.

She cursed silently when she saw that her hands apparently had a life of their own. The clothes she had grabbed without looking were her tightest jeans and a t-shirt with a scooped neckline. And no underwear. She dressed and stepped out of the bathroom, intending to go into the bedroom and get the ugliest bra and panties she owned. She made the mistake of looking over at the couch. Phil had stretched out and was asleep, shoes and socks pulled off and jacket thrown aside.

Before she knew what was happening she was kneeling at the side of the couch looking into his face. The Hunger surged up, stronger than she had ever felt it before. It would not allow her to step away, and her own stubborn nature would not allow her to get any closer. So she knelt there, breathing hard and trembling.

It was the sound of panting that woke Manetti. He opened his eyes and saw Pam's face less than an inch from his own.

"Jesus! What are you doing?" Then he stopped and looked closer. Her eyes were open wide, her pupils were dilated so much he almost couldn't see any color in her eyes. She was staring at him as though entranced. Was she shivering?

"Hey, are you alright? Pam?"

He sat up and took her arms in his hands to shake her lightly. "Pam? What's wrong? Hey, are you in there at all?" He shook her again lightly. Her hands came up to grab his head and she kissed him hard.

Manetti was too amazed to do anything.

She was trying to devour his mouth with hers. It was the hungriest, most passionate kiss he had gotten in... well, ever.

She was moving. He heard the sound of cloth ripping. She took his hands in hers and brought them to her breasts. Her bare breasts. Her bare, very firm, wonderfully rounded, quite large breasts. He pulled away in surprise.

She broke the kiss long enough to say, "Touch me. I need your hands on me." She pulled his hands back to her breasts, then wrapped her arms around his neck and went back to trying to swallow his face.

Her nipples were rigid. He brushed his thumbs over them. Just to be sure, of course, not because he was trying to... you know.

She moaned and released his neck so she could grab his shirt and rip it open too. Well, it wasn't his favorite. Besides, her hands felt really really nice on his chest. And on his stomach. And then further down. She gave his cock a squeeze through his jeans and broke the kiss.

"You want me," she whispered and began pulling her own jeans open. Well, truth be told, he did. She took his hand off her breast and guided it down. "Touch me here. You want it. You can have it. You can do anything you want to me." She was wet and swollen. Jesus, yes, he did want it. Her. She started pulling at his jeans as his finger slid in and out of her wet pussy.

She reached in and wrapped her fingers around his stiff cock. When she felt how hard he was for her she made a hungry growling sound and said "Give it to me. Fuck me. I need it."

She grabbed his hair and pulled him down on top of her, guiding his cock into her pussy, then grabbing his ass in both hands and pulling him in deeper.

"Yes, yes YES AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Wow, she climaxed almost at once. She bucked and writhed under him, her pussy clamped down on his cock like she was going to keep him there from now on.

"Come on, more. Fuck me. Come on, I can't stand it."

Manetti pushed up on his hands, arching his back so he could shove into her hard. Her hands dug into his ass, she was pulling him in, her whole body was tense and there was no intelligence in her eyes. Another orgasm slammed into her and he felt her fingernails digging into his ass.

His body responded to her pleas even as his mind wondered what in the hell was going on with her.

He drove into her again and again, pounding her with all his strength. When he tried to slow and let her recover she opened her eyes and said "MORE MORE."

She was still fucking him wildly, without any restraint at all. Since it was what she wanted he forced his mouth down on hers and fucked her as hard and fast as he could. She screamed and he exploded in her with a loud groan of pleasure.

It was several minutes before he could raise his head to look down at her. She was breathing hard, eyes closed and smiling. When she felt his gaze on her she opened her eyes and he watched as she slowly came back down to earth. Suddenly a look of horror came over her pretty face and she covered her mouth with both hands.

"Oh God. Oh God, what did I do. Oh God. Phil, I'm so sorry."

"Are you alright? Not that I'm complaining but what in the hell was that."

"Oh shit, Phil I'm so sorry. I didn't... I couldn't... shit, shit, shit."

"Look, just calm down, alright? Take a deep breath and tell me first of all if you are okay. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, you would never... No, I'm fine. Shit, this is so humiliating."

Not exactly what he wanted to hear under the circumstances. Manetti noticed that he was still laying on top of her so he slowly slid to one side. She rose to her feet and disappeared in the bedroom. Manetti straightened his clothes, discarded the ruined t-shirt and pulled another one on from his duffel.

"Would it be easier to explain from in there?" he called out.

"No, I'll... hell." She came back out, also wearing a new t-shirt. This one was large, fit her like a sack and showed nothing below the neck. It didn't matter, he knew the quality of what was under it.

"I never really got a chance to explain what it's like to be a vampire, but there are a couple of things you should probably know."

"Ya think?."

Manetti sat on the couch, after a minute of indecision she joined him. She sat as close as she could without actually sitting in his lap, she didn't notice but Manetti did.

"I'm sure I'm not going to explain this well," she started, "so please just bear with me and I'll answer your questions as best I can. There are two powerful, over-whelming compulsions that vampires have to deal with. We call them the Hunger and the Thirst. The second you can probably figure out. If we go too long without blood we just go ape-shit and attack people. It's not pretty, it's dangerous and we get in trouble if we let it happen. So I'm very religious about drinking the artificial stuff every couple of days. The Thirst has never been a problem for me."

"The Hunger is something else all together and it's something not many non-vampires know about. It's, well, not to put too fine a word on it, but it's sex. Vampires are very intense emotionally and we are much more connected to our bodies than non-vampires. But if we feel an attraction to someone, usually some non-vampire, then during times of real stress it can, well, take us over. That's what happened. My brain turned off, my body took over and I... basically raped you. I'm really sorry. It was a terrible thing to do to you. It won't happen again."

"It won't?"

"No!" She looked at him incredulously. "Of course not. I shouldn't have let it happen this time but it caught me by surprise. I could have found another... outlet for it, but I took too long to realize what was happening."

"Well, that's too bad. After I got over the surprise I rather enjoyed it. And you seemed to as well."

"Oh God Almighty, yes. You were great, but it was so wrong."

"Has this ever happened to you before?"

"No, never. You're the first guy since I was turned."

"I'm the first guy you've been attracted to since you turned?"

"Well, yes."

"Ah ha! So you're attracted to me."

"So? I said I was, didn't I?"

"Indirectly. I just wanted to hear you admit it."

She got an incredulous look on her face and snapped "You're a jerk, you know that?"

"Yes, but at least now you're mad instead of feeling sorry for yourself."

"I wasn't... well maybe I was a little."

"Great. So if I tell you that I understand and accept your apology, can we put this behind us? We do have other things to worry about."

"Yes, you're right. I need to get my head out of my ass."

"Good. And by the way, if we were to vote I'd vote for it happening again. A lot. But that's for later."

"You really are a jerk."

"So you said. By the way, I'm attracted to you too, when you're not lying to me or holding things back."

"All right, all right, I'm pretty much done with that."

"Good. So what's our next move?"

"Well, I think you're fine for tonight and obviously you're okay during the day. So you're going to be here at night where I can put my hands on you. I mean, where I can watch out for you."

"It's going to be hard to find her if we're both here at night, don't you think?"

"My bet is, she's headed out of town right now. I'll give it a day or two to be sure but I'm pretty sure she's moved on."

"I won't complain. After watching you two whale on each other I'm keeping my distance from her."

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?"

"That's what you're going with? 'I told you so'? Geez, you're worse than my wife. Just spank me and get it over with."

"Don't tempt me. Are you married? I never asked."

"No, not anymore. She traded me in for the non-cop model."

"You mean the non-jerk model?"

"Of course. What about you? Do vampires marry?"

"Not usually. Uh, well, I might as well tell you. I was married a long time ago, but Lorraine got her hands on my husband and turned him. He didn't make the transition well. Actually, it drove him insane. That happens sometimes to people who aren't guided through the process. Anyway, he turned and he came to find me. He..., uh, well, it wasn't fun for me. But the end result was he turned me." She hesitated, obviously torn, then rushed on. "Shit..."

"You don't have to tell me if it's too painful."

"No, I want you to know. He disappeared, I figured he'd run off with his secretary or something, but she had gotten her hands on him. A couple of days later he came home late at night and I was so happy to see him I didn't care where he had been. He told me all kinds of shit, how much he loved me and wanted me and he was sorry. He pushed me down on the bed. I didn't really care, I was so relieved he was home I didn't really notice what was going on. Maybe he was making that happen. Anyway... while he was fucking me, he bit me. While I was unconscious he put some of his blood in my mouth." She shrugged uncomfortably. Manetti put his hand over hers and squeezed hard.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not adequate but I am."

"Thanks. I guess you could say tracking her down is personal."

Manetti felt her squeeze his hand back hard. Then she leaned over and put her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for telling me, I know that wasn't easy to say."

"It's easy to talk to you, I don't know why but I'm comfortable talking about shit with you."

Manetti's first impulse was to say "Well, I'm a cop, it's part of my job." but that didn't feel right. Like he would have been reducing her admission. So he said, "I'm glad you feel that way." and let it go at that.

"Uh, I really am sorry about earlier."

"Didn't we agree to put that behind us?"

"Yes, you're right. And I'd like to do it again too. A lot."

Manetti chuckled. "Well, maybe after this mess is straightened out we can. By the way, where do you live?"

"New York City. The biggest population of vampires in the world is there. It's a lot easier to hide our activities in a big city."

"I bet there are a bunch of you in Las Vegas too."

"How did you know?"

"I don't know. Vegas and vampires? Seems like a good fit."

She giggled, Manetti found the sound surprising.

"You must be exhausted, you've had a long weird day."

"Well, I was sleeping pretty well but someone woke me up. I'm not naming any names."

She rose and pulled his hand. "Come on, let's get you comfortable on the bed. I'm going to make some calls and check on a few things while you sleep."

As he followed her into the bedroom Manetti said, "You're not the only vampire in town looking for her are you?"

"Nope, but I'm the only one you're going to meet. Now, stop staring at my ass."

"How the hell did you know?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out. Lay down."

Manetti grinned at her and lay down. She joined him on the bed and they ended up laying on their sides, facing each other. He stretched his neck out and kissed the end of her nose, which made her giggle again.

"So, you're just going to lay there and watch me sleep?"

"Yes, for a while." She gave him a soft smile and stroked his cheek. "For a jerk you've got a nice face."

"You just said something very nice and insulting at the same time."

"It's a gift. Close your eyes."

"You'll need to get in here when the sun comes up, so wake me up and I'll adjourn to the couch."

"Sleep already."

Manetti turned onto his other side and closed his eyes. He felt Pam moving closer until she was pressed against his back, she slipped one arm under his head and the other around his waist. He was thinking how pleasant it felt when he went out like he'd been hit by a brick.

As promised she woke him before dawn and he went into the living room. He tried laying down to sleep a bit more but couldn't do it, so just went ahead and got up. He showered and shaved, dressed in fresh clothes. Pam had done some calling around after he had fallen asleep, she had left him notes on what she had learned. No sign of their quarry but it did not appear that she had left the city yet. How would they know if she had, he wondered.

Around 8:00 he called his lieutenant and said he wasn't feeling well and would take the day off.

"That's fine, man, you've got more sick time than anyone else in the squad. Oh, have you heard from Randy? He was supposed to start back today, wasn't he?"

"No, I haven't heard anything from him. Want me to give him a call or go see him?"

"No, I'll call him. Maybe he slept late or something."

"Maybe he was stolen by gypsies."

"Probably, there's been that whole gypsy stealing thing going on. Don't worry about it, he'll turn up. Take care of yourself."

"I will. Thanks."

Manetti felt at loose ends after that. Pam had left him a laptop with instructions of how to log in, so he used it to check the local newspaper's web sites. Nothing obviously bizarre reported on any of them. Television news didn't have anything either. He assumed that was good and wondered if the shadowy organization Pam had carefully not told him about had anything to do with that.

Despite the kitchen there was no food in the small suite, so around noon he went out for lunch. After that he returned, read the paper he had picked up, then spread it out on the coffee table and cleaned all of his guns carefully; the Beretta the department knew about, the Glock it didn't, and the .38 six-shooter he kept strapped to his ankle. He had a feeling he was going to need them.

Around 3:00 his cell rang, it was his lieutenant calling.

"Listen Phil, could you come by Randy's place? Something's happened and I need you there."

"What is it?"

"I'll tell you when you get here. It's... it's bad, Phil. Really bad."

The apartment reeked of the metallic smell of blood. In the bedroom Manetti could see why, it was everywhere. The bed was soaked with it. It had splashed on the walls. Hell, there was blood on the ceiling. Randy lay naked in the center of the bed. He had been eviscerated. His entrails were draped over the sides of the bed and along the floor. His throat had been torn open. Not cut, torn. His face was untouched. Clearly, whoever had killed him didn't want any doubt about his identity.