Popular Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, we won't have to wait long to find that out." Noah replied as they walked towards the door to their psychology class.

The duo walked into the classroom and chose two seats in the middle to sit in. They learned last semester that Professor Mitchell hated it when people sat in the back of the room. Leo and Noah didn't want to sit in the hot zone either. The hot zone was the first few rows of seats, and the professor normally called on those people to answer most of his questions.

The two of them quietly chatted with each other until the professor showed up. He walked into the room with an overwhelming air of confidence and set his briefcase down on the desk. He leaned up against the front of his desk with his arms crossed over his chest and didn't even look at the students. Instead, he kept his gaze trained on the ceiling of the classroom. After a few minutes all of the students were glancing up to see what was so interesting.

"What is so interesting on the ceiling?" The professor's voice carried through the classroom.

All of the students immediately looked at him to find out that he was looking at them instead of the ceiling. Professor Mitchell paced back and forth in front of the first row and watched his students. A small smile appeared on his face when he saw the confused look that appeared on most of their faces.

"Warner." The professor said looking up at Leo.

"Yes sir?" Leo asked.

"What was your reason for looking up at the ceiling?" Professor Mitchell questioned.

"I saw that your interest was drawn there, sir, so I looked to see what captured your attention." He smoothly answered.

"Today, class, we are going to be learning about reality and perception." The professor continued without even acknowledging Leo's response. "You're going to find out that what you consider is real, possibly isn't; it's just your perception of it. You could see someone who looks totally happy, but in reality, on the inside, that person is being torn apart. Perception versus reality."

A little over an hour later Leo and Noah were heading back to meet Lexie. Dr. Mitchell had assigned a ton of homework for them and the pair bitched about their slave driver of a teacher along the way.

"He definitely has a superiority complex, that's for sure." Leo sighed. "I wonder if he's a distant cousin of yours or something, Noah."

"That man would be lucky to be the dirt that surrounds my family tree, asshole." Noah snapped back. "There's a huge difference between my family and the professor. He just thinks that he's better than everyone, whereas we actually are."

"Well, that's your perception of it at least." Leo wearily sighed as he pushed a stray strand of hair off of his chiseled face. "Doesn't it hurt your back to kiss your own ass like that, Noah?"

"Don't even get started on me, Warner." Noah glared at his friend. "You and I both know that we are of a higher class than most people. We come from wealthy families that are steeped in heritage and class. I can't help it that you can't see that."

Leo didn't even bother trying to respond to his best friend's words. It was definitely a losing battle, and it was an argument that they had time and time again. It was moments and conversations like that that really made Leo question his friendship with Noah Radcliff. Noah hadn't always been that bad though. It seemed that as they got older, Noah's family put more and more importance on their wealth and stature.

The whole situation made Leo's head hurt most of the time. Noah had been conditioned to the point that nothing was going to change his mind. Lexie and Leo had tried time after time to do just that, and it never worked. Deep down in his heart Leo felt bad for Noah because his friend would never see their side of the argument. His parents' brainwashing skills were just too good.

"So what should we do tonight?" Leo asked with a smile hoping to change the conversation.

"You're not getting out this that easily, Leo." Noah grabbed his friend by the arm to stop him. "If people didn't think we were rich and popular then we would be nothing. How can I get that through that thick, stubborn head of yours?"

"You're not going to, Noah. That doesn't matter." Leo sighed.

"Do you care to place a wager on that, Warner?" Noah asked his friend.

"What are you talking about?" Leo cautiously asked.

"I'll wager that I can take anyone in this school and make them popular." Noah said with an evil grin. "By the time I'm done they'll be the coolest person on campus and everyone will want to be their friend. Then you can see first hand that what people think of you really does matter."

"I'm not going to play around with someone's life, Noah." Leo turned to leave, but Noah grabbed his arm again.

"If I lose, Leo, which I don't think I will, then I'll never bring up money or popularity ever again." Noah said.

"And if you win?" Leo asked.

"The fact that I'll be able to gloat about being right is more than enough incentive, my friend." Noah grinned.

"And if I don't agree to the bet?" Leo questioned as he looked at his friend.

"Then I'll keep bringing up the subject until you do agree." Noah's grin widened even more.

Leo couldn't decide what to do. He knew that they would be playing with fire with the bet. They would be interfering with someone else's life, but on the other hand, he had the opportunity to shut Noah up for good about money and popularity. Leo knew it was a decision he would most likely regret, but he couldn't stop himself from taking the opportunity.

"Fine. It's a bet." Leo held out his hand to Noah, who quickly shook it. "There is one condition though."

"What's that?" Noah's eyebrow arched in question.

"You have two weeks, Noah. That's it." Leo said.

"That's fine with me, Warner." Noah responded. "You can't tell Lexie about the bet either. Otherwise, you automatically lose. You know she'll go ballistic about this."

"Noah, do you really think we can keep this from her?" Leo asked incredulously.

"Either we do, or you lose. Agreed?" Noah demanded.

"Fine." Leo agreed. "So, who are you going to pick?"

"There are so many people to choose from." Noah tapped his finger against his chin. "I know! I pick that shabby guy you knocked down today. What was his name? Henry?"

"It was Hayden." Leo replied with a sigh.

"Hayden! That's right." Noah grinned wickedly. "He doesn't know it yet, but today is his lucky day."

*For author information check out my Literotica profile* Thank you for reading Chapter One!

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Popular Series Info

Similar Stories

Winning Alex A rich playboy learns he doesn't want a fucktoy anymore.in Gay Male
Why Him? His tormenter becomes his stepbrother - and his lover.in Gay Male
The Magic in Your Touch Ch. 01 Dr. Morris is new in town.in Gay Male
Sam Roommate & friend lose a game and confess his love.in Gay Male
Be Mine Adrian comes out for the love of his life.in Gay Male
More Stories