Popular Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just the thought of getting lucky with Hayden was enough to make the front of Leo's jean shorts swell up. He carefully shifted his growing problem, and he hoped that Hayden hadn't noticed. Leo was starting to get worried about the effect that Hayden was having on him. Maybe it was time for him to talk to Lexie about some things.

"Lexie, I don't see what the big deal is, baby." Noah said for the thousandth time.

Lexie was so angry she just wanted to hit something, hard. She had brought Noah back to her dorm room, and almost immediately she confronted him about the conversation he had with Hayden. Lexie expected him to deny the entire thing, so it was a surprise to her when he not only admitted it, but also gave her a detailed account of what was said.

"Of course you don't see what the big deal is, Noah." Lexie tried to keep her voice down, but it was becoming very difficult. "You're used to manipulating people and putting them down. How DARE you imply to Hayden that Leo and I wouldn't hang out with him because of how he dressed! Who the fuck gave you the right to speak for us?"

"He's my best friend, and you're my girlfriend, Lexie. That gives me every right to speak for you both." Noah shot back at her.

"Not when you know we don't feel the same way that you do. It's not like you were defending us or anything. You made it seem like we were a bunch of obnoxious snobs like…" Lexie's voice broke off and she turned away from Noah. She was too close to saying things she could regret.

"Like me." Noah finished for her. Lexie spun around to say something. "That's what you were going to say, right? That the two of you aren't a bunch of spoiled little rich brats like me?"

"Baby, I didn't…" Lexie said with a sigh.

"Fuck that, Lexie!" Noah's voice rose as his face turned red. "I'm so fucking sick and tired of hearing you and Leo bash me for my opinions. Do you realize that makes you as bad as me? You and Leo always getting down on me and acting like you're so much better than I am. How is that any different from what I say or do?"

Lexie again attempted to respond, but still wasn't able to. Noah's words sunk into her mind, and she contemplated what he said. Could he even be right? Was it possible that she and Leo were just as bad as Noah? No. Lexie told herself that they weren't like Noah at all. They may tease him about his opinions or ignore him, but they never once said they were better than him.

"Don't you even dare to try and turn this around on me!" Lexie finally spat back. "YOU were the one that practically told Hayden he wasn't good enough. Leo or I have NEVER done that to you."

Noah realized that there was no way in hell that he was going to win the argument with Lexie, and if he didn't change his tactics, and fast, he would probably be single at the end of this fight.

"I'm sorry, baby." Noah quietly replied. "I just…I just see so much potential in Hayden, and I felt bad for him. I knew that people on campus would talk shit about him, and I didn't want him to get any more hurt than he already is."

"I'm sorry too, Noah. It's just so frustrating sometimes." Lexie replied with a sigh. She didn't want to give in so easily, but she hated fighting with anyone. "You just need to think before you say things like that. You really got lucky, Noah, that what you said didn't hurt Hayden."

"I know, Lexie, and I promise to try harder in the future. Honest." Noah gave Lexie a puppy dog face that he knew would get her. Noah walked over and hugged his girlfriend and gave her a kiss. "I know what might brighten your spirits up tonight. How about a party?"

"What party?" She asked.

"Beta Kappa Gamma is having a rush party tonight." Noah said with a smile. "Leo and I were thinking about rushing this year, and if we are going to be in any frat, then BKG is THE frat to be in."

"Are you going all Greek on me, baby?" Lexie asked with a wink.

"I just might be if they take me." Noah said with a grin.

"Don't get your hopes up, Noah." Lexie put her hand up to stop his response. "All I'm saying is that you know BKG is VERY exclusive, and I've seen the smartest, richest, hottest guys on campus get rejected. I'm just trying to keep you grounded, that's all, sweetie."

"What would I do without you, Lexie?" Noah asked and kissed her again.

"God only knows." Lexie said with a laugh. "Do you think we should invite Hayden to go with us tonight?"

"Absolutely!" Noah said with a grin. Lexie was being more and more helpful in his winning the bet, and she didn't even know it. Hopefully, she would never find out. "I think he'd have a blast at his first college party, and a frat rush party at that."


Lexie walked over to the phone in her room and quickly dialed Leo's cell phone. She was hoping that he had his cell phone on for once. Most of the time he left the dang thing in his room. After a few rings though he finally answered the phone. She quickly explained their idea of going to the rush party, and Leo quickly agreed. Hayden was with him, and after checking, Leo said Hayden would go as well. That night was definitely going to be memorable, but none of them realized just how memorable it would be.

Later that evening the four of them found themselves outside of the Chatham House. The Chatham House was the local chapter house for Beta Kappa Gamma. It was a beautifully renovated house that was donated by one of their rich and powerful alumni. From the music that was pounding in the night air, the party had definitely started.

Hayden had put on a tight pair of black button down jeans and added a hunter green silk button down shirt over it. He glanced at the rest of the group and knew that the four of them definitely looked impressive together. As they walked onto the porch there was a frat brother there checking out the people going in. As his eyes met Hayden's his face lit up in a smile.

"Hey…" Hayden slightly shook his head, hoping that guy would catch his meaning. The frat brother obviously did as he continued. "Hey everyone! I'm Patrick, welcome to Beta Kappa Gamma. I hope all of you have a great time tonight."

Hayden breathed a quiet sigh of relief as they entered the house. He was mentally beating himself up for not asking what frat was hosting the party tonight. Hayden knew that there was no way to avoid the secrets that would be revealed tonight. He wanted to turn tail and run, but he knew that it just wasn't a possibility. Hayden was going to just have to take a deep breath and hope for the best.

They walked through the spacious first floor and took in everything that was going on. One of the rooms, which was a dining room, had been cleared out as a dance floor. There were a lot of people dancing and enjoying the awesome dance music. The surprising thing was that there were not only hetero couples dancing, but there were quite a few guys paired off together dancing as well.

"This campus has a zero tolerance for any type of discrimination." Leo leaned over towards Hayden to be heard over the music, and it gave him a reason to be close to Hayden. The smell of Hayden's cologne drove Leo crazy. "I hope that doesn't bother you."

"Not at all." Hayden replied with a grin. "To each their own, ya know?"

"Let's go show these people how to bust a move, Hayden." Lexie walked up to him and grabbed his hand. "Let's spice up the floor a bit."

"You two go ahead." Noah said. "We'll grab some drinks."

Hayden and Lexie were already moving onto the setup dance floor before Noah even finished talking. They immediately found the rhythm of the music and began to move in beat with each other. It was only a matter of moments before the two of them were getting down with some hot dirty dancing. A lot of people at the party took notice of the two of them bumping and grinding against each other.

After a few songs played through Hayden noticed someone trying to get his attention from the kitchen area. He discreetly nodded his head and finished out dancing the song with Lexie.

"I'll be right back." Hayden said into her ear. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom. You find the guys and I'll meet back up with you."

Lexie nodded and headed in the opposite direction of the kitchen, which Hayden was thankful for. He waited for a few moments and headed off to find the person who was calling him. Hayden found the guy in the hallway that was connected to the kitchen. The guy motioned for Hayden to follow him. The pair walked down the hallway and into an office that was located three doors down, the office of the Chapter President.

"It's good to see you, Hayden. We weren't expecting you to rush until next year." Adam Packard was a tall, blonde Adonis, and was one of the smartest guys on campus.

"I hadn't planned on it either to be honest with you, Adam. I had planned to spend most of the year just getting acquainted with the college." Hayden replied with a smile as he sat down in the chair Adam offered. "Some unexpected friends that I made decided to come to the rush party, and they hadn't told me which frat the party was for."

"Otherwise you probably wouldn't have come." Adam said with a knowing smile. "I am glad though that you didn't know because it would have been hard for the brothers not to interact with you this year."

"I know that, and I'm sorry that I had to ask for that favor." Hayden sheepishly replied. "It's just that…"

"You don't have to explain, Hayden. It's cool. I totally understand your reasoning, and to be honest, I would have most likely done the same in your situation." Adam grinned at Hayden. "As a senior I would most likely have left this year, so I'm glad to have the chance to see you."

"I am too, though I think my cover is going to get blown tonight." Hayden said with a sigh.

"I'll do whatever I can to help you out, but let me give you a piece of advice." Adam leaned back against the desk that was in front of Hayden. "Leo Warner and Lexie Covington are two of the coolest people on campus, and I don't just mean that they are popular. You got very lucky to run into them, and I think that they are going to be very good for you."

"Thanks, Adam. That makes me feel even more comfortable hearing that from you." Hayden realized something about what Adam had just said. "I notice that you didn't mention Noah before."

"Ah, Mister Radcliff." Adam said with a deep sigh. "He's not that bad of a guy once you get to know him, but he's definitely the type of person that you were trying to avoid."

"I'll definitely keep an eye out on him. I appreciate all your help, Adam." Hayden stood up and gave the man a hug. "You're one of the few true friends I've ever had, even though I've only met you like twice."

"Don't worry about it, Hayden. Once you're inducted into the brotherhood, there will be plenty of time for us to hang out and get to know each other better." Adam replied as he hugged Hayden back.

"I better get back out to my friends. I'm sure they are wondering where I'm at." Hayden said with a smile.

"I'll make my way over at some point tonight and introduce myself. That will give us a chance to hang out more." Adam patted Hayden on the back as they made their way to the door.

"That sounds awesome, Adam." Hayden grinned at him.

Hayden checked the hallway before stepping out of the office. He walked down the hallway away from the kitchen and towards the bathroom. Hayden waited in line and then quickly used the facilities before looking for his friends. He found them on the upstairs deck. It looked like they were having a good time, and Hayden rushed over to join them.

It was almost two hours later, and Hayden was definitely having a great time. If frat boys know how to do anything, it's drink and throw a wicked party. Hayden lost count of how many drinks he had, and from the way Leo and Lexie were giggling, he was sure they were as buzzed as he was. Of course something would come along to ruin that buzz. Hayden had gone to get himself another drink, and on his way back to the group he saw a new guy standing there. Hayden hung back for a moment to hear what he was saying.

"I was hoping I'd find you here, Leo." The new guy said to the group.

They turned to see who the newcomer was, and Leo's face went a bit white. Hayden inspected the guy that made Leo nervous. He was about five foot eight with jet black hair. Hayden noticed that the guy wasn't overly muscular, but he had a pretty nicely toned body. There was one thing that irritated Hayden though. The guy's attitude seemed to be a replica of Noah's.

"Hey Jared." Leo said with a small, but fake, smile. "I didn't know you were rushing Beta Kappa Gamma."

"I heard through the grapevine you might show up here tonight." Jared's smile could have been pleasant, if he didn't remind Hayden of a weasel that is. "I thought since you weren't calling me back I'd just have to talk to you in person."

"Now's really not a good time, Jared." Leo quickly said. "Look, I'll call you tomorrow, and we can talk then. Okay?"

"I don't think so, Leo. You're just gonna blow me off again." Jared's smile faded a bit, and his voice hardened. "We both know that you want me. So let's just cut with the fucking games, okay?"

"What do you mean he wants you?" Noah asked as he gave Jared the evil eye.

"He wants you to go away, that's for sure." Lexie's voice was as cold as Noah's.

"That's funny. He didn't want me to go away when we danced together at the Inferno over the summer." Jared's face was a mask of false confusion.

"What's the Inferno?" Lexie asked.

Hayden was almost afraid to hear the answer as he saw Leo's face turn even whiter. Leo and Hayden's eyes met, and fear shot through Leo's body. He didn't want Hayden to find out his secret, at least not this way.

"It's one of the hottest gay clubs in South Beach. I guess Leo didn't realize we went to the same school." Jared's smiled returned, but this time there was a hint of evil and malice there.

Leo's eyes closed, and Hayden heard a very deep and heavy sigh escape his friend. If there was any doubt in what Jared was saying, Leo just blew that all away. The triumphant grin that appeared on Jared's face made Hayden sick to his stomach. Jared obviously knew that Leo wasn't out to anyone, and since he got turned down, he wanted to get a little revenge.

Hayden didn't give a flying rat's ass if Leo was gay. It seemed that the two of them had much more in common than they realized. Hayden quickly glanced at Lexie and saw that she wasn't as shocked as Hayden was. In fact, the only emotion she was showing was a very intense anger. Their eyes met, and Hayden knew that he had to do something before Lexie lost control. Hayden took a deep breath and prayed he was doing the right thing.

Hayden set his drink down on a table that was nearby and completely unbuttoned his shirt. He pulled it open a bit to show off his taut muscular body. Hayden was glad that no one in the group had acknowledged his presence. It would give him the element of surprise.

"Hey babe. Who's your friend?" Hayden asked as he walked up to Leo and slid his arm around Leo's waist. "Sorry it took me so long. The lines in the bathroom are fucking insane."

Hayden covertly glanced over at Lexie, and he saw all the anger drain completely from her face. A dazzling grin took the place of her frown, and as she realized Hayden was looking at her, she winked. Hayden also knew he was doing the right thing as he felt Leo's arm wrap around his waist. Hayden's body flushed with excitement as he felt Leo's cool hand slip under his shirt and rest on his lower back. Jared's face, on the other hand, went from a happy smile to a confused frown.

"That's interesting." Jared practically spat. "You didn't mention that you had a boyfriend when you were all over me, Leo."

"I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped you, Jared." Hayden's voice became as hard as a rock. "In fact, I'm willing to bet that it was you that was all over Leo. You're obviously trying to get some revenge because I'm sure Leo told you that he wasn't out at school. It's a bit unfortunate for you that he came out when he got back this summer. So why don't you do us all a favor and leave." Hayden gave Jared a confused look before continuing. "I don't even know how you're out by yourself. Aren't there leash laws in this state?"

Jared's face turned a deep shade of red, and his mouth flapped noiselessly up and down. To Jared's further embarrassment Lexie started to giggle, and that of course made Leo laugh. Within a few seconds the whole group was laughing. Jared finally shot Hayden one final evil look before stomping off.

Hayden's laughter stopped in his throat as he glanced at Leo. Their eyes locked, and Leo's green eyes sparkled in a way Hayden had never seen before. Hayden felt Leo's arm tighten around him. As Hayden continued to look into Leo's eyes he saw tears building up behind Leo's dark lashes. Leo's body began to shake against Hayden. He realized that the truth of what just happened hit Leo full force. Leo had just come out of the closet.

"It's okay." Hayden said for Leo's ears only. He reached up and placed his hand on the back of Leo's neck to comfort him. "You don't have anything to worry about. Do you understand me?"

"I don't know how to thank you." Leo's hushed voice was raw with emotion.

"Jared's watching us from across the deck." Lexie quietly informed them.

"You can thank me by not kicking my ass for this." Hayden quickly said.

"For what?" Leo's eyes became dark with confusion.

"This." Hayden quietly said.

Without even thinking about the consequences of his actions, Hayden leaned forward and pressed his lips against Leo's. Right before their lips touched Hayden felt Leo's warm breath wash over his face, and Hayden's eyes instinctively closed as he felt Leo's arm loosen its hold on him.

The initial moments of the kiss sent electrical shockwaves through Hayden's body. Suddenly Leo's arm tightened around Hayden, and he pulled their bodies closer together. Hayden could feel the heat of Leo's body as it pressed against his bare chest. As their muscular bodies pressed together Hayden felt Leo's tongue press against his lips. Hayden's lips quickly parted to allow Leo to claim him.

An indescribable feeling exploded through Hayden's body as Leo's tongue swept into his willing mouth. Hayden soon responded, and their tongues battled for dominance against each other. It was a moment that burned itself into Hayden's memory for eternity. The memory would have to last that long because it was the only kiss they would ever share because Hayden knew that once Leo found out the truth, everything would be over.

Chapter Six

A passion that he had never knew existed swept through Leo's body as he felt Hayden's tongue slide into his mouth. It felt like every inch of his body was on fire, and Leo didn't know whether to enjoy the feeling or be afraid of it. His mind was screaming at him that this was all a cover to throw Jared off, but his heart refused to believe that for a second. Leo was reluctant to end the kiss, but his lungs were burning from lack of oxygen.

As Leo broke the kiss he leaned his forehead against Hayden's as he gasped for air. Leo couldn't stop himself as his eyes drifted downward and took in the beauty of Hayden's exposed flesh. He could see the goose bumps that had broken out over Hayden. Leo wasn't sure if that was from excitement or from fear.

The realization of his coming out broke through the euphoria that Leo was feeling, and it took all of his energy to hold back his raw emotions. He felt his body begin to tremble again, and Hayden quickly engulfed him in a tight embrace.

"You befriended me when probably nobody else would." Hayden whispered in his ear. "I owe you and Lexie so much for that. I'm not going to let you down. I'll be by your side throughout all of this."