Porsha Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Two days later Jack called me at my office and asked me if I would like to go out to dinner that evening as he had a client and his wife visiting town. I knew he wanted me to sweet-talk the wife; I had done it a few times for him over the years. Out of spite I told him I couldn't make it as I had a late meeting. I could hear the disappointment in his voice at my answer. I did have a late meeting that day but I knew it would be over before 8 o'clock when the table was booked.

Later in the day I had second thoughts. This was no way to win my husband back. I decided I would go straight to the restaurant after my meeting and join Jack and his clients there. I asked my secretary to call Jack and tell him I would be there as I went into my meeting. I rushed things a little and the meeting ended before seven, giving me plenty of time to get changed and meet Jack and his client.

But when I got back to my office, my secretary had gone home and I found a note she had left me, saying that she had been unable to contact Jack. "Never mind," I thought, "I'll surprise him." I went straight to the private bathroom in my office and changed into something more suitable. I had got into the habit of leaving some nice evening clothes at work; it gave a good impression to the clients if I changed when we had evening meetings.

Then I dashed across town to the Central Hotel where Jack had said we were having dinner. I walked into the hotel lobby at about five before eight and immediately I spied Jack sitting in the bar with Sonya, one of his assistants. They were sitting close together and their heads were almost touching as they whispered to each other, obviously enjoying some private joke, because they both had big smiles on their faces.

Then I noticed that Jack was holding something in his hand; it was a jewellery presentation case. He handed it to Sally who opened it and her eyes lit up as she took out a rather grand and expensive looking diamond pendant necklace. After a few more little whispers and some vigorous head shaking saying no on Sonya's part and yes on Jack's part, she handed the necklace to Jack, who put it around her neck and fastened it. Sally turning her back to him so he could do so. I was somewhat surprised that she never saw me standing there, gaping at my husband giving the little tart a diamond necklace, but she was looking down at the pendant at the time.

I took a step back behind a large potted plant so they wouldn't see me. Just what the hell was I going to do now, I didn't know. I couldn't really make a scene in the Central; it would be just too embarrassing, as my company used the place frequently for business lunches etc. Whilst I was thinking what to do, I noticed an old couple who I thought I vaguely recognised go into the bar. They joined Jack and Sonya then after a short conversation all four of them went into the restaurant.

Lost in my thoughts I made my way back out to my car. Just what had happened to my marriage? In less than a week I'd found my husband having sex with one little tart and then giving another of his whores a diamond necklace. What the hell had come over the man? Or had he been playing the field behind my back for years? I sat in my car and cried myself silly for the next couple of hours. At about ten-thirty I saw Jack and Sonya come out of the hotel. 'Well at least they weren't sharing a room there tonight.' I thought, 'but I wondered if Jack's got a little love nest tucked away somewhere?'

Before I had the chance to get out of the car to confront them, they got into a taxi. I tried to follow them, but I soon got caught at a set of traffic lights and the taxi disappeared into the distance. Mad at myself, for not being quick enough to catch them at the hotel entrance I drove home. I would have it out with Jack when he got home.

I should have guessed they would stop off somewhere else, because midnight came and went and there was no sign of Jack. I went to bed thinking I'd catch him when he came to bed. I had no intention of sitting in the lounge all night. But I must have fallen asleep, because when I awoke it was morning, there was a cup of coffee by my bed and Jack was gone. He couldn't have been gone long, as the coffee was still hot. Then I had this vague recollection of Jack waking me and saying something, but I'm pretty slow to wake up in the mornings especially after a late night. Damn!

Furious with myself for not staying awake the night before, I got up and went to work. Not that I really achieved much I was so angry with Jack. I called him at work, but Sally told me he would be out of the office until about three, since he was taking a client and his wife to the airport.

"Oh, is he, and is Sonya going with him?" I asked in as sarcastic a tone of voice as I could muster.

"No, Sonya can't go," Sally answered. "She left for Australia first thing this morning."

"I suppose she will be able to get some sleep on the plane then; I doubt she got much last night." I couldn't resist the dig. But it must have gone completely over the dumb bitch's head.

"Well, I should imagine Sonya is quiet tired," Sally replied. "After all she did have to go with Jack to that dinner last night. Jack was very disappointed you couldn't make it. But as you couldn't Sonya stepped in at the last moment."

I wasn't expecting that. There was Sally telling me that Sonya had gone to the dinner with my husband the night before.

"I would have gone but my mother's in hospital and I had to go and visit her," Sally added.

What bloody next? Now the little cow was telling me she would have liked to go. "I'll bet you would, you little slut," I thought.

"Do you want me to ask Jack to call you when he gets in?" Sally asked.

"If you don't mind, Sally."

"My pleasure, Porsha. Bye."

"You silly little tart," I thought as I put the phone down, "I wonder If you know that Jack banged Sonya last night."

It was about four in the afternoon when Jack finally called me back. I immediately told him we needed to talk about some things. He sounded confused but suggested that we go out for a meal that evening since I hadn't been able to make our anniversary. I was taken completely by surprise as I had forgotten that the previous day had been our wedding anniversary. Although I didn't think that excused him fucking Sonya. I was damn sure that's what he had done after I lost them.

Shortly after I got off the phone to Jack a couple of my staff came in to tell me they had a problem with a contract they were trying to close. They had arranged to meet the clients that evening for a meal where they were hoping to thrash it out amicably. They wondered if I could come along in case things got sticky. I told them that I was going out with my husband that night but if they just happened to go to the same restaurant, they could liaise with me if they wished. It was the best I could do.

Luckily the clients were staying at the Central where Jack and I were eating so that worked out fine. Although I wasn't sure how Jack was going to take it.

When I got home from work I got showered and really made myself up. I was quite pleased with my efforts. I always look good, but that night I was sure I would have every one's attention. Jack was late home and explained that he had been caught up on the phone with a foreign client. I knew that he was always getting calls at strange hours. But in the back of my head I was really wondering whether Jack had stayed late in the office to give Sally her daily ration.

When Jack and I arrived at the hotel there was no sign of my guys. Jack and I were eating our meal by the time they came in. As I thought, Jack was surprised to see them.

"Did you know they were coming here?" he asked.

"Yes, they are having a problem with the contract," I replied. "I thought if they needed any advice I could give it to them. You don't mind, do you?" I could see straight away that Jack did mind.

"Well, I thought you wanted to talk about us, but it looks like your company is more important to you. This is our wedding anniversary dinner even if it is a day late."

"I'm sorry, I forgot. But I've had a lot on my mind lately. Anyway you had a meal booked with clients last night!"

"Not any clients, Porsha. George and Mildred Crowe. If you remember on our first wedding anniversary they just happened to be at the next table and it was their wedding anniversary as well and we celebrated together. They flew in yesterday especially to have a meal with us last night."

"Why the hell didn't you tell me? I would have cancelled my meeting and come. I just forgot the date that's all."

"You really have no idea, have you?" Jack asked. He had lost me again.

"About what?"

"About the way you shouted at me, down the phone when you told me you couldn't make dinner last night, as you had your oh so important late meeting. You nearly bit my bloody head off. That's what I've been telling you for months now. You hardly speak a civil word to me nowadays."

Oh, Christ did I really shout at him on the phone? I know I was angry but I didn't mean to shout at him. I didn't want him to know that I knew about his philandering. Well, not yet anyway.

"I'm really sorry, Jack, but you know that I've nearly got this big deal sorted. Once the contract is signed the pressure will be off."

"No, it won't, Porsha. You take the pressure on yourself. You always have. You have to have everything done your way."

I was getting angry again, Jack was winding me up now and to be honest I didn't have a reply for him. But just then one of my guys came over and asked some inane question. This was my chance. Jack and I had finished eating and we were waiting for our coffees to arrive.

"Will you excuse me a moment, Jack? I'll just go and sort this out for them, I'll be back in a couple of minutes." I didn't give Jack a chance to reply. I jumped up walked over to join my staff and their clients. I thought I would only be a couple of minutes and I would think of a comeback for Jack whilst I was there.

I'm pretty sure Jack was furious because I could see the expression on his face when I looked in his direction. Things didn't quite go as I planned, the two clients deluged me with questions and I somehow lost track of the time. The next time I looked over to our table Jack was no longer there.

The waiter saw me looking and came over to me. He told me Jack had told him to tell me that he would wait in the bar. So I went back to my conversation. We finally shook hands on the deal about eleven-thirty but when I got into the bar there was no sign of Jack. I asked the barman if he had seen him and he gave me our car keys and a note from Jack.

"Porsha, A moment to me is a couple of minutes. You left our table at nine-thirty or there about. I have waited until eleven o'clock. Your work is obviously more important to you than your husband. I've taken a cab home. I hope you haven't drunk too much to drive the car. Jack.

The bastard had left me there. Well, at least he had paid the bill for our meal. I was just about to leave myself when one of the clients, Denis Walker came into the bar. He asked me if I would join him for a drink but I said I had to get home.

"Where's your husband gone?" Denis enquired.

"Home. He got fed-up with waiting for me."

"What a silly man. I can't imagine what he was thinking leaving a beautiful woman like you all alone." Yeah, I know I should have guessed what he was really thinking but I was pissed off big time with Jack. Before I knew it, I was sitting down for a drink with Denis. The rest of the evening was a blur. I had probably drunk too much wine in the restaurant and I'm not sure what I drank in the bar.

The next time I remember anything clearly, I was in Denis's room and we were in each other's arms kissing. When the door suddenly burst open and two rather big guys walked in and without ceremony grabbed hold of Denis. Denis started to protest. But one of the guys said, "Shut your mouth, arsehole, before I shut it for you!" Then a couple of the hotel staff came in and threw all of Denis's stuff into his suitcase. Before I really understood what was going on Denis was bundled out of the room.

A woman appeared whom I recognised as the hotel's manager. "I don't know what kind of relationship you have with my cousin Jack," she said, "but you are not going to cheat on him in my establishment. Now you are obviously too drunk to drive so you had better sleep it off in here. I'll have the maid change the bed. I'm not sure but I think your new friend had a professional in here this afternoon. We normally turn a blind eye to that kind of thing but family is different."

You know, I don't think I said a word during the whole encounter. I just stood there in shock. How the hell had I finished up in this hotel room? And, oh, my god, would I have slept with the guy if we hadn't been disturbed?

Once the maid had left I collapsed on the bed. During the night I must have been sick, I vaguely remember being in the bathroom and rinsing my dress out. When I woke from what I hoped was a bad dream the following morning, I was dismayed to find that I was in that damned hotel room.

Moving slowly, because I had one hell of a hangover, I got up, showered and then got dressed. When I opened the door, one of the big guys from the previous evening was sitting on a chair outside. I realised he was one of the bouncers from the casino next door. Yes! That's when I remembered that Jack had told me that this whole damned complex ... Hotel, Night-club and Casino ... was owned by relatives of his.

The bouncer guy guided me to the service lift. Apparently he had been told that I was to leave by the rear entrance. He told me that the hotel's car would be driving me home as they thought I would probably still be over the blood alcohol limit. When we got to the basement level car park, the bouncer guy left me and a woman took me by the arm and lead me to a limousine with blacked out windows. As she pushed me inside I remembered that Jack's car was out front and asked the woman what I was going to do about it.

"Don't worry about Jack's car, Porsha. We'll get it back to him." Somehow the woman's voice sounded familiar. I looked at her; her face was familiar but couldn't quite place her.

"Do I know you?" I asked

"Christ you always were a stuck up bitch, Porsha. If I'd known how much of a slut you would turn into you never would have got near Jack."

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded. But the woman didn't answer, having pushed me into the back of the car she walked to around to the chauffeur and I heard her tell him my address. Christ, did she think I didn't know where I lived. I could have told him that!

"Right oh, Sheila. It should take me about twenty minutes," the driver replied.

As he pulled away I asked him. "Was that Sheila Mitchell."

"Who? No, that's Mrs. Sheila Williams. She's the assistant day-manager. But come to think of it, I think she was Sheila Mitchell before she got married. There's some old 'employee off the year' photos of her on the wall in the staff room. Do you know her?"

I didn't answer him. Oh, god, Sheila had been my best friend at college. I wonder how many times I'd walked past her in that hotel without noticing her. The more I thought about things, the more I realised Jack had it right. Nothing mattered to me if it wasn't connected to my job. I had no friends outside my work. All the people Jack and I socialised with were Jack's friends, not mine.

Then the thought of what was I going to say to Jack came into my mind. Surely he was going to go ape that I hadn't come home all night. What the hell was he going to think? Oh, god if he had called the Central, had they told him about me being in that room with Denis Walker?

As I walked into the house there was no sign of Jack and the phone was ringing. I picked up the handset. "Jack!"

"No, Porsha, its Stephanie. Where the hell have you been? I've been calling since nine o'clock. Marshall is going bonkers! What the devil happened last night? The boys said the Walker contract was all sown up last night, but this morning Walker called and said it's all off again. What happened?"

My head went into a whirl. "Oh, god, what did they do with Denis Walker after they took him out of that room. God, I hope they never hurt him," I thought. My mind went into damage control mode.

"Do you know where Denis Walker is, Stephanie?"

"He called from the Novatel I think, but I can check with the boys."

"Do so and call me back. I'll go and see whether I can pour some oil and sweet talk him around."

I ran up to the bedroom and changed. I wish I'd not been thinking about that contract so much. If I hadn't been concentrating on it I might have noticed that Jack's clothes were gone from the bedroom.

But as Jack had told me, getting the contract signed was all that I was thinking about. Within ten minutes of getting Steff's call that confirmed Denis Walker was at the Novatel I was on my way there.

As I walked in the main entrance; Greg Marshall was coming out met me. "Porsha! What the hell did you think you were doing last night?" he bellowed at me. "I've got to sack you! Our company does not use prostitution to get business. Do not return to the office. Your personal belongings will be sent on to you together with your final salary cheque."

"But I didn't do anything."

"There's no discussion on this Porsha, Your husband's bully boys frightened the life out of Walker last night. If the newspapers get hold of this god knows what will happen. Luckily I don't think Walker will want to advertise the fact he was thrown out of the Central Hotel. I doubt his wife will appreciate him being caught with someone else's wife in his room in the middle of the night. But the sooner the company distances itself from you, the better. Good-bye, Porsha."

With that Greg Marshall walked away and I stood there trying to come to terms with what had happened in the last 24 hours. Denis Walker came out a couple of minutes later but he wouldn't even talk to me. He just got into a taxi and left.

In a kind of daze, I went back to my car and drove home. Once I got there I realised that I had no one to talk this whole experience over with, besides Jack that is. Knowing that I couldn't tell him everything I called his office anyway, because I needed someone to talk to. She was quite polite about it but Sally told me that Jack wasn't taking calls from me. I tried arguing with her but that got me nowhere.

Ok, I thought to myself. Jack is angry with me; I'd better make a special effort to look good when he gets home tonight. I was sure I could talk him around if I tried hard enough. I was getting out of the shower when I noticed something was wrong. Jack's toiletries weren't on the unit; I suddenly got a very nasty feeling in my stomach and still naked, I went into the bedroom. His bedside clock was missing. Then in panic I looked in his wardrobe; it was almost empty. Jack had left me!

I think I must have fainted because the next thing I knew I was laying on the bed. As things came back to me I started crying. I'm not sure how long I lay there but it was dark when the phone rang and I came out of my daze. Gingerly I picked it up and said hello, hoping it would be Jack.

"Mum, is that you? You sound awful!" It was Mark, my son.

"Um, yes Mark it's me and I'm not feeling on top of the world at the moment."

"What's going on, mother? Dad called earlier and told me you two have separated. Megan and Sarah are here with me and we want to know what is going on. Dad won't tell us. He told us to ask you."

"To be honest, Mark ,I'm not exactly sure myself that I know what's going on. I did something stupid yesterday and everything seems to have collapsed around me."

"Oh!" was all Mark said. But then Megan obviously took the phone from him.