Possessions Ch. 07

Story Info
Complications continue to arise.
12.3k words
4.58
11.9k
3

Part 7 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/25/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ehrik and Alaliya each went to one knee in front of King Jecis. Kriel and Allek, a pace behind and slightly to their left, did the same. All others in the room went to appropriate positions; the servants to both knees, and slaves to both knees with their foreheads pressed to the ground. From Ehrik's position, he was unable to see Raikol and Drimelk, but based on the lack of calamity behind him, he assumed that they had assumed some semblance of the proper position. He truly was in Allek's debt for the work he had so hastily put in that morning to prepare the new, inexperienced, slaves.

Although Jecis had been his best friend for years, Ehrik had never received any favoritism based on that friendship. Some in his position may have felt slighted by their friend, but Ehrik took great pride in that fact. Everything he had, everything he had earned, he deserved. Nothing had been handed to him. His achievements were his own.

That lack of favoritism also made Ehrik uneasy with the King's unannounced appearance. Ehrik had no idea why Jecis had come, and until he knew what caused the unexpected visit, it was safer to genuflect until he could be sure he wasn't at fault. Jecis, friend or not, would not hesitate to see him punished. Severely. None of his previous punishments had left any significant scars, but they hadn't by any means been pleasant. He damn near shuddered remembering some of them.

There was no feasible way of guessing the reason for the King's visit. His unexpected visits were not as uncommon as one would think or hope. Jecis would show up if there was a problem that he felt needed immediate rectification or couldn't be trusted to anyone else. Or he would show up if he had relatives visiting that he didn't want to deal with. It really was a coin toss with the King.

Ehrik waited for his ruler to speak. It was far better to wait and gauge the King's mood based on his speech rather than to guess and be wrong.

"Ehrik, friend, rise." Jecis stepped to him, clasping his hand to pull him to his feet.

Ehrik let out a sigh of relief as he rose. From the corner of his eye, he could see the tension leave Kriel's stiff body, though the other man did not physically move. He extended a hand to his wife, allowing Alaliya gracefully to her feet.

"Jecis, my friend, your unexpected visits never fail to..." Ehrik searched for the right word. Finding none, and gambling on Jecis's good spirits, Ehrik chose brute honesty. "Piss me off. What brings you?"

Jecis laughed. "Perhaps I came for a friendly visit?" At Ehrik's raised brow, the King smirked. "Among other reasons."

Just as he spoke the words, a crash rang throughout the chamber followed by a childish giggle. Ehrik's eyes widened and Alaliya's head snapped to the side. Horror filled both of their gazes as they scanned the room for what they both dreaded.

"No." Ehrik whispered. All of his warrior instincts surging to the surface, he pulled his wife closer to him as if to protect her. "No!"

"You can't be serious." Alaliya whispered, one hand rising to cover her mouth in horror as the other clung to her husband's arm.

As if to prove her wrong, a little girl, no older than five years, came running into the room. Her platinum blond hair bobbed in perfect ringlets around her face and down her back. Her bright pink dress was accented with a purple ribbon around her waist, and matching bows at each shoulder. The sweetest smile graced her little lips as she bounced into the room. She looked positively angelic.

She skidded to a halt in front of the war slaves still kneeling on the floor. Her little lips pursed. "I don't know you. Who are you?"

Drimelk rose to his knees, resting back on his heels. One eyebrow shot up, bemusement filling his gaze. "If you do not know us, why do you speak to us? Don't you know there are dangerous men in the world that would hurt you? Best run along, young one."

"No one is ever going to hurt me because the King is my uncle. If they hurt me, my mommy will hurt them even worse and Uncle Jecis will let her! Plus, I'm beautiful!" Her little eyes narrowed. "Who are you? Are you the slaves from the war? Mommy says you're stupid for coming here and Uncle is a rat's cock for making such a stupid deal."

Drimelk shrugged off Allek's hand on his shoulder, ignoring the other man's attempt to return him to the proper position. "It seems, little girl, that who you are is irrelevant. Remember, beauty is only skin deep. Even the most beautiful little girl can have an ugly heart that shows through to an otherwise pretty face."

The little girl may not have completely understood what the words meant, but she knew enough to know that the slave had called her ugly in some form. In true child's fashion, with pursed lips and narrowed eyes, she swung her shoed little foot toward Drimelk's knee. Before it could make contact, though, Drimelk caught the little leg it was attached to. The sudden stop in momentum threw the girl off balance and sent her sprawling to her butt with a yelp.

The entire room gaped as Drimelk leant forward, "Best run along, young one."

The little girl huffed, but scrambled to her feet and fled from the room, her nursemaid and guard trailing after her.

"I think we have drastically different definitions 'vast improvement'." Jecis sounded amused.

"Drimelk is generally not the one needing improvement." The words held a mixture of censure and amusement as Alaliya looked down at the war slave who, although had quick wit and apparently no qualm about speaking his mind, hadn't done anything seriously wrong since arriving.

Ehrik was torn. He knew he should have punished the slave for putting his hands on a free citizen, and a member of the royal family at that. But, sweet Goddess, how he wished he could have been the one to knock the little brat down a peg or two!

Luckily, the King did not push the issue, already having turned to Raikol, who had also risen to his knees, and inspecting his still bruised face. He was frowning, as if the bruises confused him. His hand ghosted over Raikol's shorter hair. It had been evened and properly styled by a servant, but whereas other warriors of his country wore their hair to their waist, his was now only a finger's length. Jecis turned his gaze to Alaliya, her blackened eye showing even through the cosmetics so carefully applied. An eyebrow shot up in question.

"Why did you bring that here?" Alaliya demanded. Her eyes slid from the door the child had escaped through to narrow on Jecis. The ass.

"Because," Jecis looked completely unrepentant, "my sister asked me to see to her care for a few...for a while."

"And that brings her here why?" Ehrik tried to keep her tone respectful, but the inquiry came out slightly condescending, as if Jecis wasn't smart enough to know he hadn't answered the question.

Jecis rolled his eyes. "Because the only person she hates more thanme, isyou." Seemingly satisfied with his inspection of Raikol's injuries, the King dismissed the slaves.

Before Ehrik could respond, Sarantha came sweeping into the room, regal as always, her guards behind her. Oddly, her personal slaves were absent, though. When she stood beside her brother, she dipped into a graceful curtsy, a gentle smile on her pretty face, but did not go to a knee.

"My King, I beg you forgive my tardiness. It seems I am..." Her hand fluttered to her swollen belly, "unable to move quite as quickly as I am accustomed to." Her smile was undeniably majestic, daring any of those present to attempt to reprimand her.

Jecis's eyes swept over the pregnant woman's body, taking in her near perfect form and luscious curves. "Sarantha, you look absolutely lovely. Pregnancy suits you."

"You flatter, my King."

"I speak truth." The King smiled.

"Sister, sit, please. I wouldn't want you to become fatigued." Even though he spoke through clenched teeth to Sarantha, Ehrik's narrowed gaze was firmly on Jecis.

Sarantha glided to the cushioned seat that was pulled out for her. Jecis, Ehrik and Alaliya took their places in the empty seats around the table. As soon as the King sat, the servants and slaves around the room rose. Refreshments, fresh fruit and meats were placed on the table, and wine was offered. Within moments, the only ones left in the room were the King, the Keepers, the Captains, the war slaves and Sarantha. Even the guards left.

Drimelk and Raikol exchanged an uneasy glance. Since when did guards leave their King alone, unprotected, and with two barely bound War Generals?

Ehrik noticed the exchange. "You wouldn't win. You'd be fools to try. You're outnumbered, with no weapons. Stow your crap and come sit." Ehrik sighed. With the exception of that first day, the two had been obedient and well behaved. Now that the King was there, they were acting like simpleton fools. He couldn't hold back his irritation. "Do you not have chairs in your country? Or is it simply that you are not smart enough to figure out their use?" He rolled his eyes. "Stay on the floor. I don't give a damn."

Alaliya's tinkling laughter filled the air as she laid a hand on her husband's arm. "You get so cranky when you are hungry, husband. I thought after our afternoon you would be in high spirits." She sent him a saucy smile. "Slaves. Come, take meal with us." She gestured to the seats between herself and Sarantha, across from the King.

The slaves moved, but it was obvious that they were suspicious of such hospitable behavior. Slaves did not dine with Kings.

Raikol's gaze swept the room for weapons. The only ones present were attached to those at the table. However, there were items around the room that could be turned into weapons, glass and staffs. Nothing in this was right. Why were they sitting next to a heavily pregnant woman, one who would be unable to adequately defend herself from attack? They could easily take her hostage as means for escape. Those in the room would attempt to protect her, hesitate to strike at them due to the risk of harming the mother or child. Not a single person in the room was worried about it though.

When Raikol heard Drimelk sigh, he knew the other man had come to the same conclusion he had. Those at the table weren't worried because they knew that the Generals were honorable men. Neither would ever willingly threaten the safety of a woman expecting a child.

Conversation had already begun, the Keepers and King discussing various subjects as they ate and drink. Sarantha was oddly quiet, but she also ate the most out of all those at the table. The King, seated on her other side, was the one to refill Sarantha's cup and plate whenever it began to empty. He wasn't discreet about it, though he was wise enough to ignore Ehrik's pointed glares.

When that proved difficult, Jecis turned to the war slaves. "General Drimelk, my advisors tell me that you are skilled in the planning of battles."

Drimelk tensed at the use of his previous rank, but his voice was even when he answered. "All War Generals must be." At Allek's narrowed eyes, he added, "Sir." Obviously, that wasn't the correct honorific because Allek's eyes widened and Kriel's head fell forward in exasperation. "At least I didn't call him 'rat's cock'." Drimelk couldn't help but roll his eyes.

Sarantha giggled, hastily raising her cup to hide her curved lips. Jecis seemed more interested in Sarantha's reaction than the blatant disrespect from the slave, and Ehrik definitely noticed the King's distraction. The more attention Jecis paid to Sarantha, the harsher the Keeper's glare became. The only one at the table that seemed interested in the slave's behavior was Alaliya.

"Kriel! Take the slave and secure him in the holding chamber. I will deal with his punishment later." Her infuriated gaze narrowed on the seemingly unconcerned slave. "A few moments of kindness and you forget your place, slave." Her rage was palpable.

"Darling." Ehrik's touch on her arm was gentle. When she ignored it he tried again, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her from her seat to sit on his lap. "My love." He nuzzled her neck in the gesture of affection he seemed most prone to display. "The King wishes to speak with them. They must be present for that to happen."

Alaliya's eyes flashed fire. "That does not allow them to act so improperly! If he had spoken to either of us in such a way, he would be punished. If any other had spoken to the King in such a way-"

"I had nearly forgotten how they speak to each other about people as though they are not present." Jecis sounded amused, but his forest green eyes were intent on Sarantha, who sat ramrod stiff in her seat, far less amused with the discussion of punishment than she had been only seconds before. "It was one slip; hardly something of notice. I'm sure in the future the slave will be far more careful in choosing his words. If he continues to act like a child, and speak without thought, he can be punished as a child. Perhaps the humiliation of having his mouth washed out with soap will teach him a lesson pain has thus far been unable to."

When the tension visibly left Sarantha, Jecis seemed even more intrigued. He looked at the petite woman for a moment, gauging her reaction. With eyebrows raised, his gaze swung to Ehrik, who was sill glaring at him.

"As you wish, my King." Alaliya said, though it was clear she was not satisfied with her King's conclusions.

A knock at the door stalled any further conversation. At Ehrik's curt order, Milier entered. He bowed first to the King, before turning his attention to the Keeper, oddly enough giving no greeting. "General, four slave traders, a weapons' smith, and a jeweler have all arrived at the gates with wares they wish to sell in the Keep. One of the slave traders is foreign, though I do not know of what nationality. He claims to have a piece you would be particularly interested in." His eyes flittered to Sarantha only for a moment. "The Healer also requests an audience. Evidently one of the servants-" There was no doubt which servant he was speaking of when his gaze flicked to Kriel as he snarled the word. "-has evidently givenordersto the guards that she and her staff are not permitted into the pregnant woman's rooms."

Sarantha's eyes narrowed and venom tainted her otherwise beautiful voice. "The pregnant woman? Are you unable to speak my name? The Healer has been dismissed; I will be sure to have theservantremind her of such. And you will show respect when you speak of Melil. Her place is more secured than yours!"

Milier's face shadowed, his displeasure in being reprimanded evident. When he had been under Kellir, Sarantha, as the General's wife and Madam Keeper, had outranked him. But now the General was dead and Milier was no longer a citizen of Sarantha's Keep. She was a guest here, expected to show proper gratitude. Yet she ran around as if this were her own keep, giving orders and doing as she pleased. Reprimanding Captains.

Milier opened his mouth to speak, though to say what the slaves were unsure. Surely, he wouldn't be stupid enough to argue with his General's sister in front of the King? Fortunately for the young Captain, he was stopped from speaking.

"Soldier. Out." Jecis, except when he had entered, had not spare the youngest Captain a glance. He didn't even look to ensure his curt order was followed.

"Kriel, Allek, to your knowledge, was there any reason such information could not wait until we adjourned?" As soon as the door clicked, Ehrik turned to his trusted Captains. His demand was harsh, his displeasure evident.

Both Captains, their irritation and disbelief plainly written across their faces, immediately answered with an efficient, "No, General."

The King, however, seemed to have already pushed the intrusion from his mind, having latched onto a part of the conversation that the others seemed unconcerned with. "Sarantha? What has happened that you dismissed your Healer? Dearest, you are far too far along in your pregnancy for such a thing." He shook his head slightly, his eyebrows low and mouth twisting, as if coming to a conclusion he abhorred. "Your Keep thrives. Even in your absence, it is yours, all of it. If you require finances..."

"I require no such thing. The Healer behaved unkindly and inappropriately." Sarantha held her head high, obviously insulted by King's assumptions.

The King ignored her haughty attitude, choosing instead to pin Ehrik with a glare that clearly showed his displeasure. "And your brother allowed such a thing?"

"No. My brother dismissed her as soon as he was made aware of the situation." Pink little lips pursed. The way her eyes flicked to Ehrik made her hopes that he would not expand upon the subject clear.

Again, Jecis ignored Ehrik's narrowed gaze, his demeanor suddenly turning flippant. "My Healer travels with me. She will attend you until a Healer of greater skill can be acquired. I doubt such a thing will happen, though. She is young, but quite intelligent and very skilled."

Sarantha didn't acknowledge what was simply a kind order other than a small humming sound as she took a sip of her drink.

"Perhaps, if this Healer that was tending you was so incompetent, it would be best if you were seen to as soon as possible. Now." Again, it was taken for granted that Sarantha would obey.

It was Sarantha's turn to narrow her eyes as she gave a curt nod.

Suddenly, Raikol's sharp laughter cut through the room, earning him many curious gazes. The slave's glittering eyes landed on Ehrik. He didn't have to speak for the Keeper to know what he found so funny: Sarantha hadn't so much as disagreed once, much less argued.

"Sister, I would be more than happy to accompany you. Come." Alaliya rose, reaching for Sarantha's hand as she slid from her husband's lap. "We will leave the men to their war talk." She rolled her eyes in mock exasperation.

"Of course. I will check on my Trivalm first. If he is feeling better, I will have my Ebon escort him here to join you." Her voice turned suddenly nonchalant, so much so as to raise Ehrik's suspicions. "I was also hoping to look over the wares of the slave traders. I was hoping to procure a few new investments."

"None of the traders will be allowed to enter the Keep until they have been approved by my Captains. It will not be until tomorrow that I will be able to escort you." Ehrik's voice was clipped. "Beloved wife, bring our sister to check on her slave and to see the Healer. I will be along shortly to check on you both."

Alaliya threw an amused look over her shoulder as they passed through the door. Ehrik was watching their exit, waiting for them to be out of sight. Jecis was acting as if nothing were amiss.

Oh, what she wouldn't give to watch from the shadows...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

As soon as the door clicked closed behind his wife and sister, Ehrik rounded on hisfriend. "What the hell are you doing, Jecis?'Dearest'?" He spat the word as if it disgusted him.

The King, as seemed to be typical, was unconcerned. "Hmm?" He met Ehrik's anger with a smirk. "Why so worried?"

"She is still in mourning and you damn well know it! She has other concerns than your lecherous ways! You left the Capital to come to the Golden Keep just to flirt with a woman who will give birth any day?"

"Lecherous? Interesting word. Not one I would use to describe myself, but interesting nonetheless." Jecis filled his glass again, his lips slightly turned down at the edges.

"Damn it, Jecis!" Ehrik slouched back in his seat. He shook his head, knowing the accusation had been unfair, but unwilling to retract his words.

Jecis, as seemed to be his way, silently dismissed the conversation, turning to the Captains, who took the empty seats without prompting, instead. "Kriel, are the junior Captain'sconcerns-" Sarcasm dripped from the word even as laughter filled his eyes. "-with the 'servant' or with you?"