Possessions Ch. 08

Story Info
A bargain is struck, and interrupted.
7.5k words
4.68
11k
4

Part 8 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/25/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alaliya sat in the beautifully appointed room. She had been transported to General Ehrik's Keep, where she had been immediately shown to this room. It was far from the dungeon she had expected. There was everything she could need: Food, drink, a comfortable bed, a vanity stocked with cosmetics, a wardrobe brimming with dresses, books, games. But, even as gorgeous as the room was, she had no desire to remain in it, and the guards outside the door would not allow her to leave. Gilded though the room was, it was still her cage.

For long hours she sat in the room, searching it for weapons, but finding none. Even if she had found something, she wasn't stupid enough to think she could best the General in a physical fight. Even if she somehow got a lucky strike in, she would not be able to get past all of the guards.

She was searching through a chest of linens when she finally realized she wasn't alone.

"I put considerable effort into preparing this room, ensuring you'd have everything you could possibly need." Ehrik's amused drawl had her spinning on her heel to face him. "Is there something you desire that has not been provided?"

Alaliya's heart pounded as she stared at him. His posture was deceptively lazy as he leaned against the door that she hadn't even heard open and close. He was smiling slightly, as if happy with her use of the time. When she didn't respond, he raised his eyebrows, almost mockingly. When Alaliya still refused to acknowledge his question, Ehrik sighed. He pushed himself from the door and began to walk toward her.

Regardless of what Alaliya had told herself as she waited in the room, what she'd told herself for the last three years, she was terrified, and it showed in her eyes, in the way she blanched, in the way she trembled at the General's approach. Once he was within arm's reach of her, Ehrik slowly reached out, put his hands on her hips and pulled to him. Alaliya was so scared that she didn't even think to resist. When her body was flush against his, Ehrik lowered his head and nuzzled her neck, just as he had done in the dungeon when he had found her and many times on the journey here.

"Hush, darling. No harm will come to you." Ehrik gently laid his hand on the back of her head and applied gentle pressure until she rested her brow against his chest.

Alaliya, confused, obeyed the unspoken command. For some reason, her hands, of their own accord, went to his waist, resting comfortably. The soft hum he made held pure approval of her actions.

"There are things we must speak of, dearest. Unhappy things."

Oh sweet Goddess. This is what she'd been dreading for the past three years. He thought she was part of her father's schemes, his treasonous plans. How would she ever convince this man, this General, loyal to the King, that she had no knowledge of any of it? She couldn't, and she would surely be sent to the execution platform.

Strong hands stroked over her body, soothing her. Soft lips pressed kisses to her head. "Did you know of the Keeper and the foreigner's agreement?" Ehrik's voice was soft.

Alaliya was comforted by the Generals choice of words and even more by his gentle tone. "I knew only that I was to be married to a foreigner and would be relocating to my husband's home country."

The arms that had been so soft and comforting suddenly only a moment before tensed, becoming hard as steel. "That rapist was not your husband. He never was, and never will be. That monster is dead. Do you understand?" That gentle tone was gone, replaced now with pure hatred.

Alaliya whimpered, terror seizing her. Almost as if it were a reflex, General Ehrik's head dipped, again nuzzling gently at the sensitive spot where her neck met her shoulder.

"Hush. You are safe now. If you were not involved, truly had no knowledge of their intents, you have nothing to fear. If you were, and you cooperate, answer me honestly, your punishment will be less severe, though the King will not grant you amnesty."

Alaliya fought to find her voice as she shook her head. "I knew nothing of their plans until I woke up in the Dungeons after..." She trailed off, not wanting to speak of the abuse she had suffered.

"That is good, my darling." Ehrik used one finger under her chin to raise her gaze to his. Smiling, he lowered his lips to hers. "Very good."

Alaliya, shocked, jerked at the contact. As soon as she did, Ehrik's arms tightened around her, pulling her tighter against his body. One hand stroked her back as the other trailed up her spine to cup the back of her head. When his tongue swept between her lips, Alaliya gasped. Ehrik moaned into her mouth as if the sound enflamed him. There was an odd churning in her belly, a warmth there she had never felt before. Her hips, of their own accord, began to shift, her thighs pressing together in an attempt to relieve the growing pressure in her core. Ehrik's hands traveled over her body, leaving an odd tingling everywhere they touched. When his fingers grazed over her breast, directly over her pebbled nipple, Alaliya's entire body shuddered. Ehrik moaned as he ground his hips against hers, the bulge there making his desires unmistakable.

Alaliya, snapping to her senses, jerked away, her entire body trembling. The move was so sudden that she was able to slip away from Ehrik, who, based on the look on his face, did not like being caught off guard. His eyes narrowed on her face, calculating. He raised his hand toward her, frowning when she flinched away, but not stopping the movement. He rubbed his knuckle over her cheek, bringing away a tear she hadn't realized was there. Slowly, deliberately, he brought it to his mouth.

"These are not the tears I desire. When you cry, it will be on only two occasions: When you know no other way to express the pleasure cursing though your body during our lovemaking, or because you know no other way to express the pain of bringing our child into the world. But you will never, ever, shed tears in fear of me." He looked speculative for a moment. "You fear me. You fear I will harm you, even after the lengths I have gone to find you, to see to your comfort. Yet you did not fear the prisoners in the dungeons, the men who would hurt you, kill you, if only given the chance." He pressed his lips together for a moment before giving a small nod. Quickly, so that she didn't have the opportunity to pull away, Ehrik stepped into her and pressed a soft kiss to her lips before dipping his head to again nuzzle her neck. He stepped away from her, a small smile on his lips. "A servant will arrive shortly. She will bring you to the baths and attend to your care. Captain Kriel will escort you."

And with that he was gone, out the door as silently as he had arrived.

Just as the General had promised, a servant arrived within moments. She smiled gently at Alaliya, chattering, as if the two were friends. When they exited the chamber, the man on the other side was different than the guard who had previously been there. He introduced himself as the Captain previously mentioned. A smile passed between the servant and the soldier, one that spoke volumes to Alaliya. The two were in love. Alaliya felt her chest squeeze.

The servant, Melil, did indeed attend to Alaliya's care. Under the servant's watchful eye, Alaliya was bathed, every inch of her skin scrubbed, her hair washed and rinsed, her nails cleansed and trimmed, and the hair on her body removed with wax. Even the hair between her legs was removed. She didn't protest, not wanting to give the General any additional reason to punish her, torture her, more than he already planned. When she stepped out of the deep basin, her skin was dried, her hair was combed until it shined and was styled, her nails were covered in a rosy stain, and cosmetics were flawlessly applied to her face. The dress the servant wrapped around her was soft, the many layers of colorful cloth accenting her even skin tone. She looked in the mirror, shocked at her reflection. She looked...pretty. Different than how she presented herself as a Dungeon Mistress.

The trio walked back to the room slowly. So slowly, in fact, that Alaliya was sure the other two were taking her pace. When they finally reached the door, Alaliya stood outside of it, staring at it. Her mind was reeling. There was only the one Captain and the servant. If she could go, run, get out of arm's reach before the Captain realized it, she might be able to escape. She was fast. She might outrun him.

Almost as if reading her thoughts, the Captain stepped closer to her, effectively trapping her against the door. With a sigh, realizing that there would be no escape, Alaliya pushed the door open and stepped through the entryway. That was as far as she got. She stood, petrified, glued to the spot, her eyes wide.

There, in the middle of the room, was a wheel from the dungeon, used to restrain prisoners while they were tortured. And standing next to it, looking at it with calculating eyes as if it were the answer to his problems, was General Ehrik. When he heard the door, the Keeper turned toward her, speculation in his gaze.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Alaliya blinked, her mind hazy. She had hoped taking the herbs would help her sleep through the night. They had, but they hadn't kept the nightmares at bay. She turned her head to gaze at Ehrik's empty spot, frowning. Where was he?

Alaliya rose, bathing in her personal tub rather than going to the basins. She readied herself rather than calling for a servant, applying cosmetics and styling her hair. She was just finishing when Triya came through the door, not bothering knocking.

"Mistress." The slave nodded her head in respect, small smirk, full of sarcasm, playing on her lips.

"What have you learned?" Alaliya didn't waste time. Regardless of their titles, the two women did not have a formal relationship behind closed doors. Alaliya was well aware that having Triya as a friend was far more beneficial than having Triya as a slave.

Triya pressed her lips together. "The King's sister did indeed ask him to see to the child's care. The woman is not a good mother." There was a slight sneer in the words. Triya, like Alaliya, had not conceived a child, no matter how she tried. "However, it is also said that the King is looking for a wife. Now that the war is over, the nobles have inquired when he will produce an heir. He requires a bride to impregnate."

Alaliya frowned. "Who in this Keep does the King think to marry?" She thought of the few in the Keep who had claims to noble bloodlines, no matter how diluted.

Triya, lips tight and reluctance in her eyes, answered clearly. "Sarantha."

Alaliya was on her feet instantly, pacing. "That isn't possible. She is with child. She will give birth any day! Even if he did marry her before the child was born, he has to know that the nobles would never allow the child to be considered his heir. He has changed too many laws since his father's death. Many of which for the better, but this, this will not be tolerated." She gave a short laugh. "At any rate, he has to know that Ehrik would not tolerate such a thing, allowing Jecis to marry his widowed sister."

Again, Triya looked reluctant to respond, but did not mix words. "The General has been ordered, as a Keeper, Soldier and Citizen, not to interfere in the King's attempt at wooing the late General Kellir's widow."

Alaliya sat back down at her vanity. Her eyes narrowed and lips pressed tight, she nodded, knowing the order extended to her as well. "Where is my husband now?"

"He and Captain Allek are with Sarantha. There was an incident regarding the King. He visited her in her room and attempted to seduce her. His attempt failed, and Sarantha was frightened. That is all I know."

Alaliya sprang to her feet. Triya, without prompting, took her place a step behind her Mistress, already knowing where they were going. The Madame Keeper didn't bother knocking on her sister-in-law's door; she simply pushed it open, her eyes sweeping the room. There was a knife laying on the floor that she didn't recognize. She was relieved to see all three occupants of the bed awake. However, Sarantha had tears in her eyes, trailing down her cheeks.

"Triya. Take the war slave and go gather the other two. Ensure they are properly bathed and readied for breakfast with the King. Ebon, see to Ivory's morning tasks." She released Ivory and Ebon from their cage.

The pale woman immediately tried to scramble onto the bed, but Ebon caught her about her waist, redirecting her toward the door. Trivalm seemed about to protest, but one glare silenced him as Triya disconnected him from the bed. She left his arms and legs shackled, pointing at the door expectantly. When the slaves were gone, Alaliya crawled onto the bed to kneel near her sister, concern etched into her beautiful face.

"My precious sister, what happened?" Alaliya took Sarantha's hand in her own. "You must tell us, darling, so that we may keep you safe."

Sarantha, tears on her cheeks and humiliation in her gaze, recounted the night before. She told how the King had come with cake. How he had lounged on her bed to speak to her. How he had stroked her skin as he complimented her. Sarantha's voice dipped when she told them how he had stroked her thigh and groomed her body. She began to shake when she told them how the King had pressed small kisses and licks up her inner thigh until he had reached her sensitive flesh. Sarantha whimpered, telling them how she had panicked, begged the King not to go any further. Her eyes flicked up to meet her brother's, but flitted away quickly.

That look had something in it that told Ehrik that she was withholding something, some detail. Vaguely he wondered if she had felt pleasure, orgasmed, and now felt shame. He honestly didn't care if she had or hadn't. She had no reason to feel shame for her body's natural response, but Ehrik was well aware that she still considered herself Kellir's wife, loyal and faithful to him. He would never ask her the question that would so humiliate her. It wasn't important. Instead Ehrik focused on the only thing that mattered to him in that moment.

"You are well? He did not harm you, did not cause you pain? He did not threaten you?" He could tell by the stillness in both Allek and his wife that the answer to this question could very well have very severe, potentially disastrous, consequences.

"No, he did not harm me... but he was so angry, brother!" She began again to sob, fear making her slight body shake. "I am so sorry! I did not mean to disrespect the King! And then–"

Ehrik pulled her into his arms again, soothing her as best he could. Within moments, the small pregnant woman had worn herself out again. She slumped in the bed. After several long moments of silence, Sarantha heaved a sigh.

"Trivalm must be punished. He attempted to attack the King when..." Sarantha trailed off, tears in her voice. "Will...will it be very severe?" She whispered the question.

Ehrik flicked his gaze to Allek, remembering what the other man had said of the punishments Sarantha had witnessed. What would be severe to her would be extremely lenient to the soldiers.

"My precious sister, he is your slave, therefore you may choose his punishment. But if the King declares it too lenient, he may expand upon it."

Sarantha whimpered. "I don't want my little slave to be hurt. He was being so good until I acted out."

Ehrik could only sigh, trying to find a way to appease both the King and his sister. Luckily for him, his wife was extremely intelligent, easily able to contort situations to the Keep's, and therefore Ehrik's, benefit, and was already thinking several steps ahead.

"Perhaps the King will understand that your slave was only acting in his Mistress's best interests. I would suspect the King would be pleased that your slave so desired to keep you safe, protect you." Her eyes met her husband's, knowledge shining in them. "You are the Madam Keeper of one of the Golden Keeps, and of a noble bloodline." She pursed her lips at the small shake of Ehrik's head, answering the unasked question.

Ehrik's eyes narrowed. Of course Triya would already have knowledge of the King's intent. Of course she would have already informed Alaliya. And of course Ehrik would have absolutely no idea how the slave had already gained that information. It was a shame his wife was so attached to the slave, otherwise Ehrik would have freed her and enlisted her in the military to gain intelligence. No doubt she would do better than his current soldiers. Alaliya would never let her go though. Even so, the slave intrigued Ehrik. As strict as Alaliya was with the other slaves, Triya was the exception. The slave had more freedom than even Ebon. The woman would disappear for weeks at a time, then reappear as if nothing happened. If any other slave went missing, it would be hunted down and punished brutally, publicly, Alaliya using them as a warning for any other slave who dared to attempt to escape. Those punishments were severe even to Ehrik. Often times he wondered if his wife was overreacting, though he would never so disrespect her by publicly contradicting her, especially not over a slave. When Triya returned, Alaliya acted as if the woman had never gone missing.

Ehrik, pushing the thoughts from his mind, focused on the issue at hand. "We will be seeing the King at breakfast. We can discuss it with him then–"

"You will be seeing the King now and it will be discussed now, between the King and the slave's owner." Jecis stood in the doorway, rage shining in his eyes, his glare directly on Allek. "At what point,Captain,did you deem it appropriate to be in a Madam Keeper's personal rooms? Have you some familial connection I am unaware of?"

Allek, still partially under Sarantha, was unable to stand as custom dictated with the way she was clinging to him. "No, my King, we have no familial connection."

"Then how could you possibly think it appropriate to bein her bed?"

Allek, his lips pressed together, knowledge in his eyes, answered in the way the King expected instead of honestly. "It is not, my King."

Jecis narrowed his gaze. "Then why are you still here? Out! I will deal with your punishment after my morning meal."

Sarantha whimpered, drawing the King's gaze. She clung to Allek, wanting to keep him close, wanting to protect him somehow. It was only Ehrik pulling her away that allowed the Captain to slide from the bed. Quickly, trusting Ehrik and Alaliya to keep Sarantha safe, Allek left the room, attempting to avoid any additional punishment.

"General, Madam Keeper, out." Jecis's gaze didn't leave Sarantha.

"Alaliya, go." Once his wife reluctantly obeyed, Ehrik, for the first time in his life, did not obey the command from King to soldier. "Jecis," He called on their friendship, praying that would be enough. "Please. She is terrified. Let this wait."

Jecis's glare held pure venom as it moved to the General. "Out, General. If I have to order you again, you will be punished beside your Captain."

"Jecis, please. I have never asked anything of our friendship. Never. This I ask of you. Let me soothe her."

"Brother, please go. I cannot bare to be the cause of your pain as well." Tears fell from Sarantha's eyes as she made the desperate plea.

The King, nearly shaking with anger, closed his eyes, turning his head away from the man he considered friend as Ehrik passed him on the way to the door. The friend who likely now thought him a rapist. He had no doubt that both Ehrik and Alaliya were only outside the door, waiting to see if he hurt Sarantha anymore.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jecis sighed. "This is not the way I had hoped to do this." He walked slowly to the bed, sitting on the edge farthest furthest from Sarantha's trembling form. "Dearest, I am sorry."