Practical Writing / Story Telling 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her MOTIVATION. THE WHY:

Why does she have a need to stay faithful to her husband?

- she loves him very much and cannot imagine having sex with any other man?

-is she afraid that if she cheats, she can break up her family, which is the most important thing for her?

-she thinks people who cheat are despicable?

-she finds the gardener attractive, but thinks he is below her in social status, and too young?

THE DIFFICULTIES:

"Why is it difficult for her to achieve her aim not to cheat?"

-she is lonely and frustrated because her husband is too busy with work, and has started to ignore her after several years of marriage and she cant stand it anymore?

-her sex life is boring and she wants more than she can get from her husband?

-she and her husband have very few common interests and hardly talk.

-the gardener is much more handsome and sexier than her husband and she constantly admires his body from behind the curtains whilst he is working in the garden.

-the gardener is very charming and always making her compliments, whereas her husband doesn't

-he is a history student and shares her interest in old cultures and holds similar political views, which results in them clicking mentally. They feel very close and attracted to one another and they chat for hours.

SETTING THE STORY OFF:

-they get carried away, chatting and flirting whilst he is working in the garden

-distracted, he hurts himself and she washes and bandages his hand.

-Sparks fly between them and there is a high amount of sexual tension. She invites him to stay for a drink.

-she gets drunk and her senses and judgment temporarily impaired and she gets carried away.

-they have wild, horny sex, the best of her life.

How does she initially react to the new situation? She is

-shocked, scared in panic...

-scared that her husband will find out the truth.

-at the same time excited, thrilled to be desired by him.

-her body is shouting yes but her mind is screaming no.

THE MIDDLE, THE HOW?

Step 1/Sequence 1: She tries to solve her problem in a half hearted manner and fails, sinking deeper into the conflict.

-she seeks a conversation with her gardener. She tells him "she feels bad about what happened. They cant repeat it again.

-he tells her that something that feels so right cant be wrong.

-he kisses her. Her body starts responding.

-she manages to tear herself loose with all her effort and runs into her house.

-she sees him packing his tools, singing happily and realizes its definitely far from over.

STEP 2 (Seq 2): Her conflict deepens, and she has to make a more serious attempt to get out of her predicament, and fails.

She

-tries to avoid all contact with her gardener, hiding indoors or leaving her house when he comes to work?

-she is relieved not to see him, but part of her misses him.

-She makes an effort to revive her relationship with her husband, so that she will no longer be tempted with the gardener? She makes herself attractive and tries to seduce him.

-things look promising. They book a week end in some resort.

-the silence between her and her husband is very obvious, so is the distance between them.

-she finally tells him she is not satisfied with the way things are going. She would like them to make some changes.

-her husband says he is very happy with the way things are going. After all, he is working for her.

-he starts getting pissed off. They fight.

-as they lie in bed, with her husband snoring, she starts thinking of her gardener, and all the conversations and the warmth and closeness they share.

-she becomes restless.

Step 3 (Seq 3):

Having failed in two attempts, her conflict only deepens, and now she is getting desperate. What does she do now?

-desperate, she demands of her husband that they seek marriage counseling but he refuses.

-Karen is frustrated and confused. She seeks the advice of her best friend?

-her friend tells her she has got only one life to live, and she should try and spend it being happy.

-as if on cue, her gardener -he turns up at her house on his off day, surprising her.

-she is happy to see him, feels excited. But she makes a resolve to be firm and decisive.

-she threatens to tell her husband and get him fired if he does not stop chasing after her.

-he tells her she belongs to him. He takes her in his arms and kisses her. Her body betrays her and they have sex.

-he sneaks off just as her husband turns up.

Step 4 (Seq 4): THE TURNING POINT:

Karen starts spending romantic, hot passionate afternoons with her gardener as her husband is at work. She feels very guilty.

-the gardener is putting pressure on her, saying he wants her to be his.

-Karen is afraid of breaking up her family.

-fears leaving the safety and security of her home.

-is afraid that her husband will react with a vengeance.

-is afraid that everyone else will laugh at her.

-is confused and does not know what to do.

-is scared that if she follows her heart she might make a huge mistake she will regret forever?

-she wants to stay in her indecision forever.

-the gardener says she must make up her mind, once and for all, him or her husband.

-as she does not respond, he says farewell and leaves.

-he quits his job.

-Karen panics.

ACT 3:

Seq 1

-Karen meets the gardener one final time, with intent to say farewell.

-she realizes that she does not want to lose him.

-he says he wants her to tell her husband the truth.

-she is scared. But he wont have it any other way.

-Karen tells her husband that she thinks a divorce would be appropriate.

-he does not take her seriously until she tells him that she is in love with another man.

-then he freaks out. He says she should end her affair, or he will kick her out with nothing.

-but she decides to leave anyway?

-he declares war on her and kicks her out with the clothes on her back.

-she goes to her lover, who welcomes her.

Seq 2: THE Forever after:

Karen

-leaves her husband and lives happily and forever after with her new love.

-become ostracized and loses everything, but is happy.

-she returns to college as a senior student and pursues her interest in cultures.

The above is a rough sketch, a guide of how the story could be. It is not the final story, but it gives me something to work on. I can add things, throw out things, move things around, try this and that. I can think of ways to make it more exciting or hotter.

It is a far step from having a hazy idea of a story.

THE SUB PLOTS:

Obviously, there are three other characters in the story, who play a significant role, The Husband, The Gardener and the cheating wife friend of Karen's. If you want to include their stories in Karen's story, the important thing to note is that, their actions must either aid or hinder her in her goal, to stay true.

Therefore you could have the gardener trying to seduce her and get her to cheat. Her cheating friend could be encouraging her to cheat with her advice, or creating opportunities for her to meet the gardener secretly. Her husband could be trying to catch her cheating, which in turn threatens Karen. Or he could be paying the gardener to seduce Karen, because he wants to test her or because he wants a divorce.

If you decide to develop any of the sub plots, you must structure them in the same way that we did Karen's story, with a beginning and an end.

The Gardener's sub plot could be

Beginning:

-he feels attracted to Karen

-he is very charming to her, they flirt harmlessly..

-he notices that she is watching him from behind the curtains. He feels excited and aroused. His heart pumps hard and he feels desire for her.

-he seduces Karen, starts kissing her and does not stop even when she says no. He makes beautiful love to her.

-he realizes he wants more than just sex with her.

Middle:

-when he notices that she is avoiding him, he turns up on his off day and makes love to her again.

-he tells her sincerely that he loves her very much and will do anything for her.

-as he notices that Karen seems content to have an affair with him and keep her marriage, this infuriates him. He wants her for himself, as his woman. He puts pressure on her. He quits his job and decides not to see her again.

-he thinks he made the right choice, but he misses her and hurts for her.

End:

-he gets the girl.

-he is very happy when she decides for him.

-he takes her and her children in.

-he stands by her side as she goes through the legal battles with her husband.

The Husband's Sub Plot.

If lets say, we decide that he wants to revive their relationship, his sub plot could be

The Beginning:

-he is confused about their relationship. He thinks maybe he and his wife do not belong together.

-he is busy with his work, thus neglecting his wife.

-he is a nice guy, but we notice that he has a very vindictive nature.

Middle:

-he realizes that his wife seems distracted and is losing interest in him. This worries him slightly, but he is distracted by work or his other interests.

-When Karen starts putting pressure on him about their relationship, he feels she is attacking him unjustly, after all, he is working hard for her, so she should be grateful, shut up and be supportive.

-feeling confident as the sole bread winner, he tells Karen that he is happy with things the way they are, she can take it or leave it.

The End:

-when Karen tells him that she is in love with the gardener and wants a divorce, he is incensed.

-he feels cheated and mad, and wants to hurt her.

-he does his best to threatens to put her out with nothing and take away the children.

-he fails in his quest to keep his wife.

-after a while, he calms down and is no longer bitter. He realizes that her decision was for the best.

-he starts looking for a new partner, and life is no longer boring nights at home with a woman he hardly talked to any more.

WRITING THE FULL STORY:

When you have put your sub plot into the main story and are fully satisfied with everything, you then start expanding on each and every point, writing them in detail.

Then you have your story.

CONCLUSION:

I hope this was helpful to you. If you have any questions, suggestions or any points to make, holler at Nigga. Have fun writing.

12