Prejudice Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The increase in responsibility brought an increase in pay and status. Niki was formally inducted into the local Nazi apparatus and given a uniform and a title. Anna no longer had to work in the factory. Niki was now eligible for a house so he and Anna moved out of the apartment.

At first Anna didn't know what to do. However, she quickly learned that the other wives of Russians working for the Germans had endless rounds of teas and parties. Her mother helped her at first, but she soon found out that she enjoyed entertaining and had a flair for schmoozing the other wives.

The drawback for Anna was that Niki was gone more. Instead of the occasional night away, Niki was now gone a week at a time traveling around the District or away at a meeting in Kiev. She was glad that he had taught her about touching herself.

***

Shopping was a frequent occurrence. Even in the midst of a major Russian farming area, food was becoming more difficult to get. Anna went out two or three times a week even during the winter. One day she had been very lucky to find and be able to pay for fresh apples. She was trudging past a stoop where a boy and girl were playing. She could see how sallow their skin was and how lifeless and dull their hair. She knew they needed and would enjoy an apple each. But she kept walking. About ten meters past she stopped. "Hey, you want an apple?" She called to them. Of course they ran to her. She gave them each one and an extra one between them to take home.

***

In late February 1942 Anna's father had a stroke. He died the same day. Three weeks later Anna's mother caught the flu. Anna nursed her for five days, but Natalya's heart wasn't bent on recovery. Within a month both her parents were buried.

The first of April Niki came home and gave the monthly ration cards to Anna. "Niki, there's four ration cards here?"

"Seems like someone made a mistake and issued the cards that should have gone to your parents. I just picked them up. Nobody will notice." After that every month the mistake kept being made and Niki kept picking up the cards.

12