Pride

Story Info
Looks are everything for Vanessa.
8.5k words
4.33
23.9k
13
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vanessa Church placed the stocking over her painted toes. She slowly drew it across her foot and rolled it up her slim calf. She loved the feel of it against her skin. Up over her knee and onto her thigh. The higher she drew the nylon, the more her confidence rose.

With a deep breath she stretched and smoothed the hose; secured to the top of her thigh by a firm band, unseen beneath the attractive lace pattern at the top. She repeated the process with the other stocking.

Vanessa looked to the large dresser mirror she was sitting crossed legged in front of. She admired herself; naked apart from the stockings. Vanessa liked to admire herself. She felt extremely sexy. Her self-esteem relied on her feeling 'sexy'.

"Not bad for a 45 year old," she spoke out loud, her eyes fixed upon her breasts, which remained firm and round, the nipples pointing straight out.

She placed her hands beneath each of the plump globes and lifted them; weighing each in her hand. Then she moved down across her belly bump. Vanessa didn't like to acknowledge her bump, but no amount of exercise could eliminate it altogether. She uncrossed her legs and separated her hands to avoid her most sensitive region. Her heart beat faster as she brought them to rest on the naked flesh, just above the hose.

Watching her actions in the mirror saw Vanessa feel the early signs of arousal. She noted her nipples had hardened. She rubbed her thumbs lightly along her nude lips. They were smooth; denuded of any hair. She bit her lip and swallowed hard, pulling the lips slightly apart allowing her bud to see the light of day.

"No time for this Vanessa, you handsome woman," she thought to herself with a deep sigh.

Vanessa reached for the light blue, sheer blouse and slipped it on. Her fingers shook as she tried to button it. Even the confidence drawn from her looks couldn't overcome her trepidation over the task at hand.

"Nerves," she thought, contemplating her first job interview in 25 years.

Vanessa had not worked since becoming pregnant with her first child. Another had quickly followed and Vanessa had settled down into full time motherhood. Thoughts of her ex-husband Paul caused her to leave the buttons, her confidence now draining from her.

"Fuck him," she thought as memories of Paul leaving her for her best friend Sue Webster flooded in. "How could he possibly leave this for her?"

Vanessa felt Sue's looks were not a patch on her own. One of the reasons she had maintained the friendship was that she felt Sue's dowdiness made her look that much more attractive. The fact that one year earlier Paul had left her for plain Sue was something she still could not fathom. With her whole self-worth tied to how she looked and her ability to attract men, this had been an enormous slap in the face.

With her job interview less than one hour away Vanessa fought to regain composure.

"If he wants to be seen with that hippy bitch, then good luck to him. She'd not stand a chance of getting this job today. She'd show up in her home-made, alternative clothing and they wouldn't let her in the door. What they'll be after is a woman who knows how to present herself. A woman like me."

Vanessa felt the confidence surging back. She resumed dressing, pushing thoughts of Paul and Sue out of her mind.

Vanessa stepped into the silk, lace trimmed panties which matched her nylons. She pulled them up her thighs and watched her sex disappear.

"Beautiful long legs," she said out loud, again admiring herself.

Her confidence now fully restored she slipped into the pencil thin, black skirt she'd chosen as appropriate attire for a PA's job interview. It came to just above the knee, but when she sat it would slip higher. Showing some leg was important to Vanessa. Buttoning the remaining buttons, she tucked in the blouse and moved to her full length wall mirror. She pirouetted to admire herself further.

"I just love dressing in nice clothes. I suit them and they suit me," Vanessa thought.

She noted her erect nipples clearly showing through. To go braless to the interview was a huge gamble on her part, but one she'd determined to take.

"Still my best feature," she thought as she felt the slight tingling in her nipples. "I know nothing about being a Personal Assistant," she thought, "but I have great assets, so I may as well flaunt them. By the time I return this evening, I'll stand before this mirror, an employed woman."

------------------------------

Ironically it had been one of Paul's former friends who had contacted Vanessa about the position. Her surprise was tempered somewhat by the fact Jack and Paul had fallen out in the past year.

"Sonya told me you were after a job, but didn't know where to start," Jack said referring to his wife; Vanessa's friend. "There's the chance of a position at Carson and Co. I thought you'd be perfect for it. Give young Mike Carson a call and say I recommended you."

Vanessa had been hesitant at first.

"Surely a young man will be looking for a young woman," she thought.

However the more she looked in her mirror, the more she convinced herself that she could outshine any young bimbo.

There was another consideration. Financially she couldn't survive without an income of some sort. Paul had left her the apartment and some money. She'd heard Sue had insisted he do this.

"Typical of her," Vanessa thought spitefully, determining if the roles had been reversed she'd have given Sue nothing.

After nearly a year that pool of money was drying up. Her friends had attempted to pair her up with a number of eligible divorcees, but she'd rejected them all as not up to her standards.

"Not good looking enough." "Doesn't dress fashionably." "Can't keep me in the manner that I deserve."

Vanessa knew the right man would find her. When she looked in the mirror and saw how beautiful she was, she felt it only a matter of time. However, until this occurred she required an income.

Although she had little in the way of experience, she phoned and made an appointment with. The reception she got from Mike Carson when he called her back made her thankful she'd taken the plunge. He was very upbeat, said he'd heard all about her from Jack and was very keen to meet with her. An appointment had been arranged and now that day had arrived.

----------------------------

"Right then! I think you could be just the person we're looking for Vanessa," Mike Carson said with a broad smile.

Vanessa's spirits soared.

"Yes! I knew I could do it; and here's your reward young man," she thought, as she re-crossed her legs, allowing her skirt to ride a little higher.

"Oh; thanks Mike; thanks so much; that's great," she gushed.

"It's no problem. You've really impressed me and I think you're someone who could run this office with real efficiency."

"Does he really think that?" she thought, swallowing hard.

Vanessa knew she hadn't interviewed at all well. Half the things he'd asked her about about she hadn't any idea what he'd been talking of. Still he'd liked her looks. She could tell that. His eyes had often dropped down her body as she sat cross legged on the chair facing him.

"When would you want me to start?"

"What about I have Liz call you tomorrow."

She saw his eyes leave her face and glance down at her legs, before returning to her face. It was subtle. Other women might not catch it. Vanessa always noted it.

"Oh yes, he likes what he's seeing," she thought. "Here I am a middle aged women and he couldn't be older than 30. He's handsome as well and he's enjoying eyeing an older woman."

"OK; thanks Mike. Look I really appreciate this. I'm just so grateful," she said.

"Hey it's no worries. You're an attractive women Vanessa. The office would be a brighter place if you were a part of it," he said, now standing and offering her his hand.

Vanessa grasped it, her small hand dwarfed by his. He helped her stand. Her skirt dropped to cover her thighs.

"Thanks Mike."

"No need to thank me Vanessa. Look; it's five o'clock; why don't we seal the deal by going for a drink?"

This suggestion threw Vanessa. Apart from his wandering eyes, Mike Carson had been very business-like the whole half hour she'd been in his office. Just as she'd expected of a man with his own company, employing upward of fifty staff.

"Oh...I...Um," she stumbled, her first instinct to decline, as she had all such proposals in the past year.

However Mike was different. Handsome, snappy dresser and young...very young.

"C'mon," he said with a wide disarming smile. "We've both put in a hard day. You've had a great interview and we need to celebrate. Let's go."

"Oh; Ok; I guess you're right. A drink would be nice."

Mike smiled and directed her through the door. They passed the young woman who had shown Vanessa in, with no hint of warmth or a smile.

"Won't be back today Liz. Direct any calls to Ross and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes Mike," she said, without even a glance in Vanessa's direction.

"What a bitch," Vanessa thought. "If I have any say in it she'll be the first one I fire."

"You drive or get a cab here?" Mike asked as they walked out.

"I caught a cab."

"Good. Hey I know a good place over in Greenwood. Spratt's. You know it?"

Vanessa knew it well. It was in her neighborhood. A tapas bar.

"Yes; I know it. It's just near my place."

"Well; all the better. You'll be able to stagger home. I'm a lucky man getting to be seen out with such a beautiful woman."

Vanessa was aware that Liz could still clearly hear this compliment. She reveled in the fact her soon to be Boss thought she was good looking. The nerves of the interview were forgotten as confidence began to flow through her veins.

Vanessa felt she had not been complimented enough by her husband in the 10 years before he left her. Once their two children, now 23 and 21 had reached their teens he'd seemed to lose interest in her altogether. For a woman who put so much store in her looks this had been difficult for her to accept. His leaving her for Sarah was the final hammer blow to her self-esteem. Now she had a job and a young man telling her she looked good.

They chatted easily in the cab on the way to the bar.

"He really is quite a charmer," she thought. "Without being too over the top."

By the time they sat on the bar stools Vanessa was fully relaxed in the young man's company. She was glowing inside as his compliments kept coming.

"I wonder what these people think of an older woman with a handsome young man," she thought with a mixture of pride and apprehension.

It was her neighborhood and she wondered who might walk in.

"I'd love to run into Paul and Sue; that's who I'd like to see right now," she thought.

Mike ordered her a gin and tonic and had a whiskey himself.

"Tell me a bit more about Vanessa Church," he said, his eyes again dropping to her braless chest.

This time they lingered longer. Vanessa felt the first slight pang in her body. A little more than mere pleasure at a man's gaze. If he wanted to look, then he could look all he wanted.

As one drink became two, then three, she told Mike her story. Married at 21, two children before 25 and basically a stay at home Mum since then. A husband high up in a reputable firm, on a very good wage. She'd been on school committees, transported to sport and dance and largely raised the children on her own.

"Then he left me for my best friend," she admitted, watching to see how he'd react to that.

"She must be some amazing looker," Mike said.

"No; she's not at all. Maybe he was looking for something a bit different," Vanessa blurted out.

"Maybe someone more adventurous?" Mike boldly stated, stunning her.

"No; I don't think so, I can be adventurous," Vanessa finally replied, knowing it was a lie.

"Were you adventurous in bed," Mike asked, now holding her eyes.

Vanessa hesitated, not believing how quickly the conversation was moving from idle chat to sex. Her sex life to be more exact. She took a deep breath.

"I can be," she said, dropping my eyes and marking herself much higher than was reality.

The fact was, despite her looks and her sexuality; she hadn't been at all adventurous in bed or 20 years. She'd not felt the need. It was her opinion that Paul had a beautiful, fashionable woman on his arm every time he went out or they entertained. Why would he want more? She'd told her friends this. She had confided this to Sue. Sex had become increasingly mundane. Now here she was indicating to a man she'd only just met, that she could be some sort of a tiger in the bedroom.

"I'm sure you can," he said reaching out, squeezing her hand and now looking her directly in the eye.

Mike had then changed the subject to tell her a bit about himself. He'd taken out a huge loan with his parents as guarantor, built up the business from nothing, cleared the loan and now ran a large prosperous company.

Vanessa listened in awe, until nearly falling off her chair when he told her he was only 26 years old.

"Oh my god; you cougar," she thought, shocked by this revelation.

"Twenty-six! Gee I thought you were a little older than that Mike, what with the business and all."

"Ha ha; well just a youngster, but always attracted to beautiful older women," he replied this time with a long look up and down her body.

Vanesa felt the glow of both satisfaction and outright arousal at the young man's comments.

"C'mon lets go," he said breaking into her thoughts.

"Where are we off too?" she said noting the time was only 8pm.

"How far is your apartment?" he asked in a neutral tone."

Vanessa's heart began to race. She couldn't have him back. Could she?

"It's just a couple of blocks this way," she said on slightly unsteady feet.

"You Ok?" he said grabbing her around the waist.

"Yes; thanks for that; I'm fine," she replied, relishing the touch of a strong young man.

They moved off slowly. Mike continued to do most of the talking. Mundane stuff, about the houses and the neighborhood, sprinkled with further compliments. He held her tightly around the waist on the premise of assisting her. She felt she dare not ask him to stop. There was nothing for her to do but place an arm around him.

Given their proximity Vanessa couldn't concentrate on anything he said. He was coming back to her apartment and that filled her with a mixture of excitement and trepidation.

"What will happen when we get there?" she thought. "Will he want to kiss me; to touch me?"

Vanessa heart was racing when they arrived at her building. They went up and she let them in. She was relieved she'd tidied before leaving for the interview.

"You still hungry. Want something to eat Mike?"

"Nah; I'm fine with those tapas. Have you got a wine Vanessa? We can celebrate how well you did today."

"Sure," she said remembering the champagne in the fridge.

She got it out and Mike popped the cork; then poured it into two flutes.

"I'll be back in a minute," she said to him and went to the toilet.

"Oh my god" she thought looking at herself in one of the three mirrors. "Where is this going? He's 26; a baby."

She checked her make up, and then straightened her stockings. She drew confidence from the reflection.

"Of course he's interested. Why wouldn't he be?" she thought, standing tall and thrusting out her breasts. She tweaked her nipples to make them press through the fabric. "I shouldn't be at all surprised this has gone in the direction it has. We were bound to be attracted to each other."

"Here you are," Mike said handing her the glass when she arrived back in the lounge.

Sitting beside him on the couch, Vanessa made no effort to stop her skirt slide up her nylons.

She took a large swig and downed half the glass. The final bit of courage she required, her mind now made up.

"Woah up there Ness," he laughed. "Hey; this is a beautiful apartment. As beautiful as the owner."

Vanessa drew a deep breath and moved closer to him. She looked into his eyes and held his gaze. It was an invitation.

Mike moved his head toward her, just as she knew he would. Eyes closed she offered him her lips. They leaned back into the sofa and entered into a long passionate kiss. Their tongues flicking while she drank in his musky, male odor. She knew what would occur next and she welcomed it.

A large hand came to rest lightly on her breast.

"Oh dear god," she thought as the hormones flooded her lower stomach.

Gentle at first, Mike didn't linger long. He became increasingly firm in his touch, lifting and massaging her breast through the blouse. When he left her lips and moved to her neck, his hand moved down to rest on her thigh.

He rubbed gently along the exposed stocking. Vanessa moved her thighs apart; just a fraction; enough to let him know it was OK to proceed. Eventually he before pushed up under the hem of her skirt. He encountered the lace tops.

"Oh; thigh highs. I love thigh highs. You are an adventurous girl Vanessa," he crooned between nipping and sucking at her neck.

The sensations she was feeling were overwhelming Vanessa. She could barely speak. She gathered herself.

"That feels so nice Mike."

"You feel nice. You're some woman Vanessa."

Pushing her to partially lie back on cushions, he returned to her breasts. Ever so lightly he ran his fingers down the blouse and over her nipple. Then he repeated this with the other hand. Even this lightest of touches on her hard nipples sent a current of pleasure to her groin.

"I think they like that," he said now circling them.

He bent his head and began to suck on a nipple through the blouse. She brought a hand into his hair to push him harder onto her.

"Ohhh," she heard herself moan.

A hand went under her hem again, rubbing her stocking clad inner thigh. She welcomed it there, parting her legs a little further. This time he continued up over the lace, until he found soft bare flesh. The lips continued upon her breast.

Vanessa was now very aroused. When his fingers brushed her panties she thought she would explode.

"Hmm everything is silk; you are such a classy, desirable woman Vanessa."

This was music to her ears. A young man who could clearly have his choice of young women had chosen her. She began to move her hips to increase the pressure, while his fingers slipped back and forth along her damp panty covered slit. She was letting him know he could slip under them, and got a little frustrated when he did not.

"Please," she pleaded, desperate for his fingers to touch her naked quim.

"Only if you take off your panties Vanessa," he replied indicating he knew what she desired.

She tried to control her breathing as she considered the situation.

"I might as well. It's going to happen. Sweet Jesus; I want it to happen," she thought.

However, she felt a little uncomfortable with their situation. Far from being adventurous, all Vanessa's love making had occurred in the bedroom.

"Ok...but in the bedroom. Is that all right?"

"Sure," he drawled, getting up and offering her his hand.

She took it and helped herself up. They kissed passionately.

"Panties first," he said, pulling her back as she looked to lead the way.

As he watched on appreciatively she raised her skirt completely baring her legs to his gaze.

She slipped her panties off, down over her over the stockings and off her still shoe clad feet.

"There," she said handing them to him.

"And the skirt."

Vanessa hesitated a second. She'd much preferred to have been under the bed sheets.

"Alright I'll go first," he said as he quickly stripped all clothing, down to his boxers. She saw the outline of his erection and her heart soared further.

"Oh my god, he's desperate for me," she thought, quickly reaching behind to unzip allowing the skirt to fall to the floor, the blouse just covering her modesty.